Future Update Discussions

Cowman_133

kes you think the EoC and HTML5 teams are linked? One is entirely gameplay and mechanics, the other is completely engine-side.

It's a *huge* project. By its very nature, there will probably be bugs everywhere. In any case, the majority of their efforts will be concentrated there. Then there are 2 new skills that are supposed to be coming out as well. Seems to me like they are rushing through a lot of stuff; it seems a bit too ambitious.

They aren't rushing anything. They spend months-years working on these projects, well before we hear about them at all normally. Plus they have hundreds of employees and different teams for different things (content, engine, sound, graphics etc.) with dev's being specifically assigned to tasks.

Don't forget we first heard rumours of RS3 and Html5 a good 2 years ago; then it was over a year ago html5 and other such things got mentioned by jmods making it more official and nearly 6 months since we had any sort of official confirmation of it happening. This isn't some overnight rush job, this has been the work of the engine team for a very long time.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

Lets all discuss the more juicier pieces of the premier newsletter - instead of looking like a bunch of dogs chewing on the refuse thrown to us from the dinner table.

What do you think will entail from the hard mode bosses? obviously we know we will be seeing hard mode versions of graardor, kree'ara, kril tsutsoroth (sp?). Should we even dare think to see a hard version of nex? Possibly only done on large masses until level 90 gear is established? I am beginning to wonder if this hard mode is, but a taste of what we will see for our other bosses. Since god wars dungeon hosts several bosses it would be a great launching platform for thier newly (soon to be) established PVM system. I would also think that the bosses drops would be improved greatly. Thinking that Jagex tends to do things like this in simplicity I would imagine hard versions having their drops multiplied by 2-3x. I would love to see them introduce unique hard loot as well. I feel that a drop similar to the necromancers bone kit might be something we'll see as drops from the bosses. Its also not impossible to see these kits adding stats to their respective gear much like the bone kits do as well.

Maxed [February 14, 2012] | Completionist [October 25, 2012] | Trimmed Completionist [in Progress]

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

I'm actually glad they're making God Wars Dungeon bosses instanced. Not because of crashers or anything, but just the fact that hey, level 70 gear should be for those who are around 142 combat (70 offensive + 70 defence) , level 80 gear for those around 162 combat, and the likes. Us level 200 combat people should have access to level 99 gear in my opinion. I suppose Runescape will get there eventually though.

Pinata.png
Capes in order: Firemaking - Cooking - Construction - 99 Dungeoneering
- 120 Dungeoneering - Quest - Strength - Prayer - Herblore - Constitution
- Attack - Defence - Ranged - Runecrafting - Magic - Fletching - Mining

- Farming - Smithing - Slayer - Woodcutting - Summoning - Thieving - Hunter

- Fishing - Agility - Crafting - Divination - Max - Completionist

0000 0000 0000 0000 0000 0000 0100 0101

I would be so disappointed if they did to introduce the attacks they had in TWW.

Ditto. The boss fights in TWW really weren't that hard, using abilities right. I was slightly surprised to see a new range of attacks - don't get me wrong, they were much more effective than the normal ones - but in essence there wasn't that much of a change.

xcsx7c.png | 3gliP.jpg | 51y5tv.png  |  8mO5K.jpg

A Blog to Bathtubs for Beginners
Quest Cape | 99 Defence Achieved 11-Jul-2011 17:41 | 99 Prayer 11-Jul-2012 | 99 Constitution 02-Aug-2012

99 Attack 31/10/2012 | 99 Dungeoneering 31/10/2012 | 99 Strength 31/10/2012 | 99 Magic 2/12/2012

99 Range 16/12/2012 | 99 Herblore 25/12/2012 | 99 Summoning 4/1/2013 | 99 Firemaking 6/3/2013

99 Farming 10/4/2013 | 99 Slayer 11/7/2013 | 99 Fletching 21/8/2013  |  99 Smithing 22/8/2013 

99 Crafting 19/12/2013  |  99 Cooking 15/1/2014  |  99 Agility 25/1/2014  |  99 Thieving 01/02/2014

99 Construction 21/04/2014  |  99 Woodcutting 04/03/2014  |  99 Fishing 17/04/2014  |  99 Mining 23/07/2015

99 Divination 27/07/2015  |  99 Runecrafting 20/08/2015  |  99 Hunter 20/08/2015  | Maxed 20/08/2015

From the video: Wow if cwars Lobby shot is anything to go by its a BIIIIIGGGGG change (plus hopefully it comes with the comp cape req alteration)

Dg stuff seems nice, interesting to get more variety of mage and range gear in the dungeons but I kinda find myself wondering why they bothered taking the time to make the shields. Overworld shields are vaguely useful in the odd situation or two in dg they were utterly useless and eoc just compounded that.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

Please, sit on your pinecone and/or pineapple and relish in the pain and agony for bashing the next beta:

Will the XP I gain in beta transfer to the main game?

HTML5 testing will be running on the main game servers and all XP gains will be on your main character. The New Interface System Alpha may have some XP gain for the main server but this is not finalised at the moment.

The key dates you need to be aware of are:

3rd April: Registration for the RuneScape 3 Beta Programme is opened to members.

10th April: Registration closes.

17th April: HTML5 beta begins.

24th April: New interface alpha begins.

Note: In general alpha means really rough creation so don't be shocked if its really buggy.

Maxed [February 14, 2012] | Completionist [October 25, 2012] | Trimmed Completionist [in Progress]

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

Registration for the RuneScape 3 Beta Programme kicks off on 3rd April 2013!

RuneScape 3 was announced by Mod Mark and Mod Pips in last week's Behind the Scenes Bonus Edition. Coming this summer, it'll revolutionise the way you play, with upgraded graphics and audio, a customisable interface, and player-driven gameplay on an epic scale. We want you to be involved from the start, so we're launching a beta programme to give you a preview of two of its main components and gather your feedback before the main release.

First up, we'll be running a beta of the new HTML5 client. The beta client will access the live servers, so you can bask in its full glory while still earning XP and making progress in the main game!

A week after that, we'll also release the alpha version of the all-new, customisable interface system. This'll be on dedicated alpha servers only, but you'll definitely want to log in and take a look. More details on this to come soon!

Gold and Silver Premier Club members will automatically get access to all parts of the programme, and all other RuneScape members can register their interest from next Wednesday. We intend to take a wide range in both player level and PC specifications and those chosen will be notified prior to the opening of the programme, and we’ll add more players as it progresses. If you don't get in right away, don't worry - all members will have a chance to try out the content and offer feedback before release.

Check out our Beta Programme FAQ if you’d like to find out more.

To summarise the key dates you need to be aware of are:

3rd April: Registration for the RuneScape 3 Beta Programme is opened to members.

10th April: Registration closes.

17th April: HTML5 beta begins.

24th April: New interface alpha begins.

Having access to these groundbreaking new features from as early as alpha stage is a golden opportunity for you to give us your feedback. Be sure to register your interest next week, and help shape RuneScape 3 into the game that you want to see!

The RuneScape Team

Glad as I suspected it is a 'live beta' as in its playing the live game just using the new engine.

Means I can get on with life in rs and still contribute, alpha testing tear and share interfaces will be interesting.

Whats the betting when they open for alpha they have most of the functionality but like 0 graphical skinning so we get hideous out of place white text box type affairs?

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Curious how the dual range will work in dg. Looked like throwing knives so does that mean we're getting a second ammo bind for main and off hand? or will it count as a normal item bind meaning you can still have a rune bind.

michel555555.png

[spoiler=click you know you wanna]
Me behave? Seriously? As a child I saw Tarzan almost naked, Cinderella arrived home from a party after midnight, Pinocchio told lies, Aladin was a thief, Batman drove over 200 miles an hour, Snow White lived in a house with seven men, Popeye smoked a pipe and had tattoos, Pac man ran around to digital music while eating pills that enhanced his performance, and Shaggy and Scooby were mystery solving hippies who always had the munchies. The fault is not mine! if you had this childhood and loved it put this in your signature!

They didn't mention anything about how the Dual Wielding will be bound. If they aren't giving us additional binds, or allowing us to use one bind to bind both the MH and OH versions, then the Dual Wielding won't be too useful. I'd really like to get Dual PLS but not if it costs me an extra bind.

• Like 1

Lol. Love that one line from the video. "...I think we're on track for a totally unreal show."

Also one guy said "... the tickets will be literally impossible to get ..." :)

• Like 1

Serena_Sedai.png
Maxed since Sunday, January 9th, 2014
Completionist since Wednesday, June 4th, 2014

not sure if news post on tip.it front page is april fools or actual nerdgasm

my guess is april fools.

~~~legoman187~~~

nee0cg.png

Clicky siggy for blog

Thanks Pendonub for fancy new sig

Thieving guide[WIP]

Loyal player since May 2005 and member since November 2005 and Tifer for many years

~~~legoman187~~~

Interesting pic from FB that shows new duel arena - looks like a god-sized throne for sure. Wonder what the new lore will be, Tumeken? Bandos? Someone else?

392649_10151832479111729_262193951_n.jpg

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Interesting pic from FB that shows new duel arena - looks like a god-sized throne for sure. Wonder what the new lore will be, Tumeken? Bandos? Someone else?

392649_10151832479111729_262193951_n.jpg

The thing that interests me is whether the presence of a scaffold/s around the area imply it is being excavated. Either way, it's nice to get additional lore in an update where you wouldn't normally expect it

safersbanner.png

Play Safe! smile.gif - Got useful information for the tip.it website? Post here!