Future Update Discussions

Cowman_133

Check and see if you can find that symbol in or near the zamorak, saradomin and bandos areas too? That's quite interesting seeig that symbol at armadyls aerie.

Maxed [February 14, 2012] | Completionist [October 25, 2012] | Trimmed Completionist [in Progress]

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

Maybe it'll play a significant role in some backstory of the temple later on. I suppose the positioning of armadyls aerie must have been at a spot of significant importance as well. Not that it makes armadyl of much more significance than the others. But maybe the ritual to lock nex away was performed at the location of the aerie. While they performed the ritual the others fought off nex and her minions to protect the site where she would be locked away.

Maxed [February 14, 2012] | Completionist [October 25, 2012] | Trimmed Completionist [in Progress]

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

It could be something like a proximity spell where the ritual has to be taken place close by. Even if it wasn't just overhead the location of the aerie is probably a much harder place to get to than the others. Also I think the specific term we should use would be a ward. Generally in magic wards have a physical and magical manifestation. The ward used on nex lair was to both lock and put to sleep nex and her troops. So to prevent, minimize casualties or risk losing a lot more troops to the ward they probably chose to cast their ward in proximity to the activation point. With that said maybe the wizards were studying a book about this ward?

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

I can't check, but maybe Nex's room is below the eyrie? And so that gap could let Nex out if it wasn't bound.

Meh, probably wrong.

Sadly not

god_wars_dungeon_2012-12-30.png

xcsx7c.png | 3gliP.jpg | 51y5tv.png  |  8mO5K.jpg

A Blog to Bathtubs for Beginners
Quest Cape | 99 Defence Achieved 11-Jul-2011 17:41 | 99 Prayer 11-Jul-2012 | 99 Constitution 02-Aug-2012

99 Attack 31/10/2012 | 99 Dungeoneering 31/10/2012 | 99 Strength 31/10/2012 | 99 Magic 2/12/2012

99 Range 16/12/2012 | 99 Herblore 25/12/2012 | 99 Summoning 4/1/2013 | 99 Firemaking 6/3/2013

99 Farming 10/4/2013 | 99 Slayer 11/7/2013 | 99 Fletching 21/8/2013  |  99 Smithing 22/8/2013 

99 Crafting 19/12/2013  |  99 Cooking 15/1/2014  |  99 Agility 25/1/2014  |  99 Thieving 01/02/2014

99 Construction 21/04/2014  |  99 Woodcutting 04/03/2014  |  99 Fishing 17/04/2014  |  99 Mining 23/07/2015

99 Divination 27/07/2015  |  99 Runecrafting 20/08/2015  |  99 Hunter 20/08/2015  | Maxed 20/08/2015

2wEMG.png

Hi 7 action bars.

YES PLEASE

it'll remain at 5.

Until Jagex release super rare SOF rewards, '+1 action bar boosters'

Quest Cape Achieved 10/08/2012

TFU: Ruinous Edge

TFUsig2_zpsc5e7f1a4.png

A piece of glass in the sand under your feet, it cuts you deep and it makes you hate the beauty that you see.

Just noticed this, return of the symbol - renovated workshop

2y4et.jpg

Guess this kinda messes with the theory that its a mark of Guthixian magic or w/e. Then again, it's next to the Scrimshaw Machine, so perhaps it is still magic related, just not necessarily Guthixian or Sliske/Zaros related.

xcsx7c.png | 3gliP.jpg | 51y5tv.png  |  8mO5K.jpg

A Blog to Bathtubs for Beginners
Quest Cape | 99 Defence Achieved 11-Jul-2011 17:41 | 99 Prayer 11-Jul-2012 | 99 Constitution 02-Aug-2012

99 Attack 31/10/2012 | 99 Dungeoneering 31/10/2012 | 99 Strength 31/10/2012 | 99 Magic 2/12/2012

99 Range 16/12/2012 | 99 Herblore 25/12/2012 | 99 Summoning 4/1/2013 | 99 Firemaking 6/3/2013

99 Farming 10/4/2013 | 99 Slayer 11/7/2013 | 99 Fletching 21/8/2013  |  99 Smithing 22/8/2013 

99 Crafting 19/12/2013  |  99 Cooking 15/1/2014  |  99 Agility 25/1/2014  |  99 Thieving 01/02/2014

99 Construction 21/04/2014  |  99 Woodcutting 04/03/2014  |  99 Fishing 17/04/2014  |  99 Mining 23/07/2015

99 Divination 27/07/2015  |  99 Runecrafting 20/08/2015  |  99 Hunter 20/08/2015  | Maxed 20/08/2015

Given how many places it's in I should think Jagex are using it as a generic magical marker used in assorted ritual-type spells.

Eg the sealing of nex, the sealing of guthix cave, the elemental form leap, used in the carvings of scrimshaws to create the magical effects and in wizard's guild just because they do magic.

Sometime it annoys me when Jagex so carelessly recycle that kinda of marking, I know design turn around and such but symbols like the seal prison door thing of Nex, and in front of Guthix to me ought to be unique and special even if they are just a little detail.

• Like 2

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

Given how many places it's in I should think Jagex are using it as a generic magical marker used in assorted ritual-type spells.

Eg the sealing of nex, the sealing of guthix cave, the elemental form leap, used in the carvings of scrimshaws to create the magical effects and in wizard's guild just because they do magic.

Sometime it annoys me when Jagex so carelessly recycle that kinda of marking, I know design turn around and such but symbols like the seal prison door thing of Nex, and in front of Guthix to me ought to be unique and special even if they are just a little detail.

I think it's very unlikely that Jagex would use the same complex symbol just as a random decoration. Jagex is known for very drawn-out, highly secretive storyline hints that can stick around for years without anyone ever noticing them. Adding all of these symbols to the world that only seemed to show up after The World Wakes was added seems like a very deliberate decision.

Sure, if it just showed up on some books around the world it could possibly be just a reused graphic, but they're not going to slap a random meaningless sigil very specifically on the last floor tile infront of Guthix. It just doesn't seem like something that a developer so finely focused on detail and storyline would do, especially Jagex.

The question is what it actually represents. My best guess is something related to Sliske, or the Elder Gods. There's a reason it seems like every magical institution in Gielinor seems to be researching it.

Binary_Mage.pngxJgdnyi.png

The Fallen Diviner

I think it's very unlikely that Jagex would use the same complex symbol just as a random decoration. Jagex is known for very drawn-out, highly secretive storyline hints that can stick around for years without anyone ever noticing them. Adding all of these symbols to the world that only seemed to show up after The World Wakes was added seems like a very deliberate decision.

The question is what it actually represents. My best guess is something related to Sliske, or the Elder Gods. There's a reason it seems like every magical institution in Gielinor seems to be researching it.

But they didn't appear after that.

The two in GWD appeared when it was graphically made over like a year ago.

The wizard's tower one came when it was made over recently.

The port one was there from the start.

The only trend is it has appeared in new graphics and Jagex do have a history of plastering certain symbols about and then retconing some when they decide it has meaning.

Eg Drakan's castle once looked identical to the Dragonkin one seen in Tail of Two Cats but was retconned in later graphical tweaks as it was not meant to be the same.

Or like 1/2 the grave stones around Runescape had a Zaros symbol on them before we even knew of Zaros symbol and they mostly got removed when graphics changes happened.

I'd say your whole view point is wrong Jagex graphics historically speaking have a tendency to repeat symbols all over the place for no real reason with very few of them being given a purpose or use and those that do often get removed from places they used to be because of it.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

2wEMG.png

Hi 7 action bars.

YES PLEASE

it'll remain at 5.

Until Jagex release super rare SOF rewards, '+1 action bar boosters'

Wait, 150 hp? 75 prayer?

Edit: Looking back over the video I see they have prayer points still up at 990 on the prayer book and lots of values just set at a default. So eh, could be nothing.

safersbanner.png

Play Safe! smile.gif - Got useful information for the tip.it website? Post here!

Its nothing. When they make interface designs they use random number generators. A mod posted about this on an RSOF thread I read.

• Like 2

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

I'm personally not a fan of this upcoming update. I feel that the duel arena needs some more fun bells and whistles. Something along the lines of a coliseum-esque (akin to dominion tower) would be nice for getting away from things.

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png