Future Update Discussions

Cowman_133

As opposed to the scaffolding we have now?

I'm glad to get backstory though. The main continent has been through a lot compared to the relatively untouched eastern lands. It'd be strange if most of that was left lost to time.

8f14270694.jpg

I do like them retconning in more lore - like they said in some videos a lot of this lore is already on their books and always has been they just haven't released a lot of it because it was mostly left for 'lore quests' where as now they are trying to have some 'lore quests' but everything else also has some basic lore to it; which is nice.

What would be extra nice is if MTA got a makeover too and was included in at least part of the lore to better explain why on earth it is there specifically; it always seemed like such a random place for it to be, but then again we still have the mysterious upstairs portal hidden in MTA.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

Something I'd have liked to see in the cwars update that obviously won't happen:

They could've made castles for most of the gods we know about that each have slight unique things about them in terms of layout and different special things eg armadyl could have special turret spots that give rangers an amplified range

Just little things like that, maybe a few spots in the play field as well then the teams could just be red and blue and when each game starts they are assigned a random castle.

Would add a bit of variety to the game because what castle you get and what castle your opponent gets would have an impact on how you play things. Like using the above example it'd probably be best for rangers to stay back in defence with their extra range, whilst say a Zaros castle might boost mages power meaning with that castle the mages wanna go on the attack, meaning the opponent would want rangers on the attack to break their mages.

Heck build it like that using instances and you could even add like an 'extreme' mode with a 4 castle field (with an x of rivers) where the neutral place in the middle has the only flag and rather than being a case of grabbing flags and getting home it's literally a 1 flag game where your team scores points for every second the flag is atop your castle. Or other such slight alterations on the format, heck you could even throw a bunch of different game modes in to the mix and have each game picking game mode, teams and castles at random.

It'd also leave the door open for future expansions and refresh simply by creating new game modes and new castles opposed to ground up reworks.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

I really wish they would make stances in game instead of forcing people to pick certain armors classed as offensive/defensive. This is really bugging me....

Maxed [February 14, 2012] | Completionist [October 25, 2012] | Trimmed Completionist [in Progress]

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

I really wish they would make stances in game instead of forcing people to pick certain armors classed as offensive/defensive. This is really bugging me....

What do you mean?

Having buffs similar to momentum where certain stats are increased/decreased by percentages.

Maxed [February 14, 2012] | Completionist [October 25, 2012] | Trimmed Completionist [in Progress]

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

Two things I took from that video:

1) They were on action bar 7 - seems like we might be getting more action bar presets.

2) The glimpse of the Duel Arena carvings looked, to me, very Saradominy - Wondering if the Duel Arena lore will be to do with Saradomin trying to recruit forces through battle tournaments when he first hit Gielinor or something.

But all in all it does look very amazing on the interfaces! I mean at first I doubt I'd move much stuff from the usual current locales, I'd rather get to know them first with some familarity, but can certainly see in time how they could be thrown around for lots of new ways to play and the idea of having a few presets is very nice.

Like could have one with just chat and the map coupled with homeport on ability bar for like agility or runespan.

Deffo like the idea of the 4 little bars ontop of the action bar opposed to just a big chunky adrenaline one.

My main issue so far would be: Do we really need these big space eating title bars on each interface? Could we do away with them and just have a slender border for the dragging click area (assuming thats what they are for)

Also lol the Map Title thing seems to be supposed to say where you are but is clearly not functional as it says clan camp and shows varrock east bank in all the shots.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Wow, the interface customization looks simply amazing!, I can't wait to try it, and castle wars look amazing graphics wise, but I can't wait to find out what the new trim req is going to be, hopefully something better than 5k games >.<

_p3_minato_arisato_signature__by_x0sandylicious0x-d3hnk6v.png

Two things I took from that video:

1) They were on action bar 7 - seems like we might be getting more action bar presets.

Please please please let this be true!

But all in all it does look very amazing on the interfaces! I mean at first I doubt I'd move much stuff from the usual current locales, I'd rather get to know them first with some familarity, but can certainly see in time how they could be thrown around for lots of new ways to play and the idea of having a few presets is very nice.

Like could have one with just chat and the map coupled with homeport on ability bar for like agility or runespan.

Deffo like the idea of the 4 little bars ontop of the action bar opposed to just a big chunky adrenaline one.

My main issue so far would be: Do we really need these big space eating title bars on each interface? Could we do away with them and just have a slender border for the dragging click area (assuming thats what they are for)

Also lol the Map Title thing seems to be supposed to say where you are but is clearly not functional as it says clan camp and shows varrock east bank in all the shots.

I am hoping we can remove those title bars, and I also hope we can drag individual elements out as we require. Especially hope the skill and noticeboard interfaces don't block out the screen like they do now, and htat we can pull parts of it out. I hope they fix the citadel stuff as well (the citadel resource page is completely broken, numbers and math are a total farce, numbers negative when they shouldn't be)

At any rate.. This looks super slick, and if the beta/alpha plays anywhere near as slick as these shots look.. I am really impressed. This is really really jaw dropping images. Ofcourse we don't know how they work in practice yet.

Serena_Sedai.png
Maxed since Sunday, January 9th, 2014
Completionist since Wednesday, June 4th, 2014

New interface looks like typical MMO interface

0. I want better camera controls

1. I want to remove tabs titles

2. I want to put my inventory in middle of screen, on my character

3. I want to move prayers icons so I will have turmoil and ss on top of prayer tab

4. I want to hide all tabs

5. I want global chat to be global so I will be able to talk with ppl doing gwd while I'm doing barrows

6. I want more chat rooms, I want to be able to be in 5 friends chats and 2 clan chat at the same time

7. I want save/load interface option

8. I want to put on my screen more than 1 action bar and make them bigger/smaller

9. I want to make minimap smaller/bigger

If they will not mamek this, new interface will be 2/10

Silmarilli.pngSilmarils_Hc.png

Silmarilli.png

Silmarilli.png

^Why on earth would you want global chat to be every bit of chat from every player in the entire world. That is just not feasible as a usable function. I mean go to busy trading world or soul wars lobby or w/e and try to follow public - this is like 1/10th of the players actually online in a world.

Also camera controls =/= interface they are separate entities.

Equally multi fc or cc entires at once =/= interface again separate entity.

Interface is purely and simply the graphical overlay of menus and boxes that allow you to access functions.

7 It says in the video, and people mentioned in this thread, is a feature.

3 is what quick prayers and/or putting prayers on the action bar are for.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

I know some of my points are mentioned in video but this is alfa, then can say: hey 7. is to hard to do lets skip this.

3. but then i would have space in action bar for more things,

global should be global ;-)

multi fc/cc - there is a lot of space over chat box

Silmarilli.pngSilmarils_Hc.png

Silmarilli.png

Silmarilli.png

Global chat sample:

tehpwnzor: l0l

skillr4lyf: buying planks

l11l1ll1ll1l1: ty

xsniperleetx: omg hit

pkxstrxpk: ur mom

bandoswarier: need gwd team

382910: a q p

IkilluallI: eat up scrub

prokkonly: start

barrowwwwwz: sell dh helm 500k

enterift68: u stupid noob scammer

382910: w

every1goaway: @@@@@@@@@@11

Do you seriously want that or are you just looking for something to blame Jagex for?

• Like 8

From the empty days of hope, deny the darkness
Follow my voice, we'll run far away from here

If only to hide, to escape this life
And live forever, forever in the sun

Global chat sample:

Do you seriously want that or are you just looking for something to blame Jagex for?

What kind of people do they call to test :o now i start to understand why eoc was so crap at the start.

Calm_Koala.png

Global chat sample:

You forgot the crucial part that this 'sample' is a 0.5 second block of chat taken from world wide chat.

• Like 2

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Global chat sample:

What kind of people do they call to test :o now i start to understand why eoc was so crap at the start.

That entire post was straight from the mind of yours truly. Nobody is testing yet.

From the empty days of hope, deny the darkness
Follow my voice, we'll run far away from here

If only to hide, to escape this life
And live forever, forever in the sun