Future Update Discussions

Cowman_133

so white/black knight quest reworks next month instead of a new quest? Quest withrdrawl symptoms returning...

If they follow their trend of quest reworks they'll probably release black knight fortress rework plus a new sequel at the same time.

safersbanner.png

Play Safe! smile.gif - Got useful information for the tip.it website? Post here!

Sir Owen-I've been wondering when we were going to get his quest. Hopefully theres a chance Falador will get a lick of paint when we get a quest rework, itll help with making the map look better for new players, as currently in th HTML 5 beta looking at Falador from afar it stands out like a sore thumb.

Sir Owen-I've been wondering when we were going to get his quest. Hopefully theres a chance Falador will get a lick of paint when we get a quest rework, itll help with making the map look better for new players, as currently in th HTML 5 beta looking at Falador from afar it stands out like a sore thumb.

I can see the black knight's fortress rework into Sir Owen's quest linked with Falador overhaul, it would make no sense not to combine the two updates. I recall this being discussed in detail on this thread around late 2012-early 2013ish possibly? along with possibility of reworking a member quest at the same time, possibly Wanted! or Recruitment Drive i think were popular choices at the time.

Intriguing... The black knight fortress... Feels like it needs a bit more...

Peaceful forest, peaceful forest, ENORMOUS BLACK CASTLE OF EVIL, peaceful forest...

I mean, it's a nice castle, but to say it looks out of place would be the understatement of the year.

Personally I think it needs to look more evil...like the sith temple out of Star Wars Galactic Battlegrounds, more spikes and such, but that's just my personal preference.

google image.

Quest Cape Achieved 10/08/2012

TFU: Ruinous Edge

TFUsig2_zpsc5e7f1a4.png

A piece of glass in the sand under your feet, it cuts you deep and it makes you hate the beauty that you see.

Who wants to take bets on how many system updates it'll take jagex to fix bugs with Black Knight Fortress not being correctly zoned as non-wildy now it expands further than before?

• Like 1

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

That fortress is so ugly :(. The height/width ratio is wrong, it looks like a 4x4x4 cube (that's metres) because of how fat the walls are and the size of the gate. It just looks really fake...

• Like 1

Supporter of Zaros | Quest Cape owner since 22 may 2010 | No skills below 99 | Total level 2595 | Completionist Cape owner since 17th June 2013 | Suggestions

99 summoning (18th June 2011, previously untrimmed) | 99 farming (14th July 2011) | 99 prayer (8th September 2011) | 99 constitution (10th September 2011) | 99 dungeoneering (15th November 2011)

99 ranged (28th November 2011) | 99 attack, 99 defence, 99 strength (11th December 2011) | 99 slayer (18th December 2011) | 99 magic (22nd December 2011) | 99 construction (16th March 2012)

99 herblore (22nd March 2012) | 99 firemaking (26th March 2012) | 99 cooking (2nd July 2012) | 99 runecrafting (12th March 2012) | 99 crafting (26th August 2012) | 99 agility (19th November 2012)

99 woodcutting (22nd November 2012) | 99 fletching (31st December 2012) | 99 thieving (3rd January 2013) | 99 hunter (11th January 2013) | 99 mining (21st January 2013) | 99 fishing (21st January 2013)

99 smithing (21st January 2013) | 120 dungeoneering (17th June 2013) | 99 divination (24th November 2013)

Tormented demon drops: twenty effigies, nine pairs of claws, two dragon armour slices and one elite clue | Dagannoth king drops: two dragon hatchets, two elite clues, one archer ring and one warrior ring

Glacor drops: four pairs of ragefire boots, one pair of steadfast boots, six effigies, two hundred lots of Armadyl shards, three elite clues | Nex split: Torva boots | Kalphite King split: off-hand drygore mace

30/30 Shattered Heart statues completed | 16/16 Court Cases completed | 25/25 Choc Chimp Ices delivered | 500/500 Vyrewatch burned | 584/584 tasks completed | 4000/4000 chompies hunted

That fortress is so ugly :(. The height/width ratio is wrong, it looks like a 4x4x4 cube (that's metres) because of how fat the walls are and the size of the gate. It just looks really fake...

I don't think it looks all that bad on its own, just in relation to most other game features eg it dwarfs all the fortress and palaces and castles we already have and it looks rather wrong in relation to the trees imo.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

I don't think it looks all that bad on its own, just in relation to most other game features eg it dwarfs all the fortress and palaces and castles we already have and it looks rather wrong in relation to the trees imo.

It looks so horribly out of place. Theres a nice patch of green grass with some trees and a pyre then BAM! an ugly ass black castle appears out of nowhere. No build up scenery or anything. It's like they didn't make an effort to integrate it into the landscape at all.

xcsx7c.png | 3gliP.jpg | 51y5tv.png  |  8mO5K.jpg

A Blog to Bathtubs for Beginners
Quest Cape | 99 Defence Achieved 11-Jul-2011 17:41 | 99 Prayer 11-Jul-2012 | 99 Constitution 02-Aug-2012

99 Attack 31/10/2012 | 99 Dungeoneering 31/10/2012 | 99 Strength 31/10/2012 | 99 Magic 2/12/2012

99 Range 16/12/2012 | 99 Herblore 25/12/2012 | 99 Summoning 4/1/2013 | 99 Firemaking 6/3/2013

99 Farming 10/4/2013 | 99 Slayer 11/7/2013 | 99 Fletching 21/8/2013  |  99 Smithing 22/8/2013 

99 Crafting 19/12/2013  |  99 Cooking 15/1/2014  |  99 Agility 25/1/2014  |  99 Thieving 01/02/2014

99 Construction 21/04/2014  |  99 Woodcutting 04/03/2014  |  99 Fishing 17/04/2014  |  99 Mining 23/07/2015

99 Divination 27/07/2015  |  99 Runecrafting 20/08/2015  |  99 Hunter 20/08/2015  | Maxed 20/08/2015

I expect the black knights were a bit too busy with other things to try and make the scenery a nice gradient from picturesque greens to dark and menacing blacks. Perhaps they discovered asbestos and faulty pipework in the old fortress and had to take money out of their gardening budget to complete the building work?

In all seriousness, I don't really see anything wrong with it. Sure it looks weird, but they're only black knights. I don't think a build up in scenery is really necessary, it's not like they have some evil aura about them that causes plant-life around them to wither and turn black.

That's my opinion anyway!

ki7Gvlk.png

To hell with humanity;

The more I see, the less I believe.

Yeah but with how evil it is meant to look, you'd think that the area around it share similarities.

xcsx7c.png | 3gliP.jpg | 51y5tv.png  |  8mO5K.jpg

A Blog to Bathtubs for Beginners
Quest Cape | 99 Defence Achieved 11-Jul-2011 17:41 | 99 Prayer 11-Jul-2012 | 99 Constitution 02-Aug-2012

99 Attack 31/10/2012 | 99 Dungeoneering 31/10/2012 | 99 Strength 31/10/2012 | 99 Magic 2/12/2012

99 Range 16/12/2012 | 99 Herblore 25/12/2012 | 99 Summoning 4/1/2013 | 99 Firemaking 6/3/2013

99 Farming 10/4/2013 | 99 Slayer 11/7/2013 | 99 Fletching 21/8/2013  |  99 Smithing 22/8/2013 

99 Crafting 19/12/2013  |  99 Cooking 15/1/2014  |  99 Agility 25/1/2014  |  99 Thieving 01/02/2014

99 Construction 21/04/2014  |  99 Woodcutting 04/03/2014  |  99 Fishing 17/04/2014  |  99 Mining 23/07/2015

99 Divination 27/07/2015  |  99 Runecrafting 20/08/2015  |  99 Hunter 20/08/2015  | Maxed 20/08/2015

It looks so horribly out of place. Theres a nice patch of green grass with some trees and a pyre then BAM! an ugly ass black castle appears out of nowhere. No build up scenery or anything. It's like they didn't make an effort to integrate it into the landscape at all.

Why exactly does a black ugly fortress require 'build up' in the landscape?

I could buy a plot of land in an idyllic meadow and build a big-ass black ugly building, nothing forces there to be deadened trees and ground around it.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

I do agree that it looks odd and would be more pleasing to the eye if there was some build up, but I'm not convinced it would make sense.

I can't really remember what happens during the events of the quest(s) where you go under the fortress (is that WGS?), but perhaps you could argue that the guys underneath it (Dragonhai?) give off some sort of evil that would blacken and kill the nearby landscape. Seems a bit of a stretch to me, though.

ki7Gvlk.png

To hell with humanity;

The more I see, the less I believe.

Maybe the best option isn't to make the landscape match the castle, but to make the castle match the landscape. It's almost an entirely different graphical style from the rest of the area, including nearby Falador. More to the point, it doesn't look like an outpost that belongs to a faction that has (quite literally) been pushed underground by their opponents.

• Like 1

How does it look out of place?

It's in the wilderness, surrounded by all the dead trees and shit. Only a bridge connects it to the forests of Asgarnia.

• Like 1

Interesting pictures, It appears to be god colours coming out of it because you have zarosian purple, zamorakian red, seren/saradominian/armadylian white/silver, and I can't tell if maybe thats supposed to be normal water or maybe saradominian blue. I may be reading too much into it though because unless its like hot pink there aren't too many colours not claimed by the gods however considering its a prayer update seems likely that the colours are somehow linked to the gods.

EDIT: Oh and one of the bucket things looks bandosian brown. Taking a second look it seems like maybe we have to mix the god colours into the normal water to fill it with prayer energy or something.

R.I.P. The olde nite. A legend is gone but not forgotten.

a Faction Related Item Sink for Rune Labs. https://[LikelyScam]/m=player-proposal/a=13/c=VcG-Ir5Ijno/view-idea?idea=19

I must say, giant bottomless pit with eerie vaguely humanoid elongated hands wriggling out from it is absolutely terrifying. Reminds me of the Enigma of Amigara Fault.

Glad that we're getting some low-level prayer training methods, especially one that looks this interesting lore-wise.

• Like 2

Binary_Mage.pngxJgdnyi.png

The Fallen Diviner

I could buy a plot of land in an idyllic meadow and build a big-ass black ugly building, nothing forces there to be deadened trees and ground around it.

And that's why you're not a concept designer. You know how you walk into Draynor, it slowly goes darker and darker, due to the omnipresence of Count Draynor, the Vampire who corrupted that area of land with his tyranny? Exactly. They didn't just build a ruined, evil manor on a flowerbed, they gradually built up to its presence of aura. The way the design looks so far for the black knight's castle, is some styrofoam sprayed black and plopped on the wilderness boarder.

Popoto.~<3

And that's why you're not a concept designer. You know how you walk into Draynor, it slowly goes darker and darker, due to the omnipresence of Count Draynor, the Vampire who corrupted that area of land with his tyranny? Exactly. They didn't just build a ruined, evil manor on a flowerbed, they gradually built up to its presence of aura. The way the design looks so far for the black knight's castle, is some styrofoam sprayed black and plopped on the wilderness boarder.

Honestly the story change up might actually make the clunkiness acceptable. Ideally though I would have a expected to see a hidden fortress on the fringe of the wilderness. But I would have also expected to see some significant path to falador to emphasize its past with the city. Possibly even some in the corner lodgings for them in or near the city itself.

• Like 1

Maxed [February 14, 2012] | Completionist [October 25, 2012] | Trimmed Completionist [in Progress]

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

Your example for effecting surroundings makes no sense, which is most likely why you are not a concept designer either.

Count Draynor is an evil and corrupting force that ruled over Draynor and corrupted the area, it makes sense for him to of had a corrupting effect beyond his home.

The Black Knights are a small relatively 'underground' faction who, as the lore goes, predominantly fail at doing stuff. They have no magical presence or corrupting power to warrant an effect of the landscape. Even their current fortress doesn't do that. The two are totally different things, with vastly different concepts behind them, one is a ruler WITH power and a corrupting presence which warrants deadened trees and dark lighting to emphasise the downtrodden oppressive feeling of the villagers. The other is a fortress owned by some knights, not mages or fantastical beasts, just plain old knights who are a bit useless and don't really command anything.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

I wonder why now he is dead, the area hasn't started to regain it's life.

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, 'Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous?' Actually, who are you not to be?~ Marianne Williamson

For account help/issues, please follow this link:

Account Help

. If you need further assistance, do not hesitate to PM me or post here.