Future Update Discussions

Cowman_133

Too bad all other prayer methods are level independent...

The skill could really do with some other training methods.

Agreed. But the problem with prayer is that all current methods are not level based, you don't unlock them they just exist. If you want to actually compete against them in terms of efficiency very easily, without just being better. Nothing training based is really unlocked except a few minor monsters and even those aren't really good enough to be "training".

I would rather have more diverse things, but that is difficult when a lv1 player can use dragon bones, and go from lv1 to 40 in minutes at a gilded alter.

• Like 1

Serena_Sedai.png
Maxed since Sunday, January 9th, 2014
Completionist since Wednesday, June 4th, 2014

I agree about the height ratio of the towers, they do make it look a bit odd from a realistic castle standpoint. However, I think that it was likely a conscious design decision to make it a four-towered Keep design expanded to a ridiculous size. The improvements to the game engine over the past few years has made it tons easier to make larger structures a continuous, seamless centerpiece. Older structures like the White Knights' castle and the old Black Knights Fortress had to be made piece-by-piece from tile-restricted kit parts--which while it looked more "realistic", it wasn't unique nor interesting from a design perspective.

However, the enormous "gate" that you are talking about is actually two separate stories--containing a door and a large front "window" combined into one continuous overlaid shape. You can see the individual arch of the bottom door (more realistically sized) and then the arch of the upper portion, that shows a second story floor. There's some finer design elements like this that help a player seeing it from the ground angle get a sense of scale.

A four-towered keep would be a tall structure, not squat, which is also useful for seeing attackers coming.

I don't see why you would bring up unique and interesting in this, it's not like this black styrofoam cube design is more unique or interesting than the old ten-centimetre-thick "Sims" style wall designs. This thing could be any 'dark' building in any game at all. Interesting is when you look at a castle's floor plan and you think: 'Oh that's a clever way to adapt to the natural terrain, I can see how that would be a good defensive position, how good of the designers to understand castle building' which the current design lacks very much. Castles are not built on pre-provided flat stone platforms, they are built on naturally-occuring hills in important places. In the case of the black knight's fortress, that is a) watching the wilderness and b) the mountain provides added height to see further. Jagex took no effort at all to take that into account.

And yes, I know there is a window, if you read carefully I said "designed to give the impression" which is exactly what the window does.

all this being said, pretty sure the majority of the chambers are underground anyway, so they wouldn't exactly NEED a large castle

So much this - it should be a small, fairly low fortified house/outpost with one tall tower to look over the mountain (the tower being on the mountain, the outpost can be built partially into the mountain). The current design is okay-good for that (tower doesn't reach very high), the new design... not.

Supporter of Zaros | Quest Cape owner since 22 may 2010 | No skills below 99 | Total level 2595 | Completionist Cape owner since 17th June 2013 | Suggestions

99 summoning (18th June 2011, previously untrimmed) | 99 farming (14th July 2011) | 99 prayer (8th September 2011) | 99 constitution (10th September 2011) | 99 dungeoneering (15th November 2011)

99 ranged (28th November 2011) | 99 attack, 99 defence, 99 strength (11th December 2011) | 99 slayer (18th December 2011) | 99 magic (22nd December 2011) | 99 construction (16th March 2012)

99 herblore (22nd March 2012) | 99 firemaking (26th March 2012) | 99 cooking (2nd July 2012) | 99 runecrafting (12th March 2012) | 99 crafting (26th August 2012) | 99 agility (19th November 2012)

99 woodcutting (22nd November 2012) | 99 fletching (31st December 2012) | 99 thieving (3rd January 2013) | 99 hunter (11th January 2013) | 99 mining (21st January 2013) | 99 fishing (21st January 2013)

99 smithing (21st January 2013) | 120 dungeoneering (17th June 2013) | 99 divination (24th November 2013)

Tormented demon drops: twenty effigies, nine pairs of claws, two dragon armour slices and one elite clue | Dagannoth king drops: two dragon hatchets, two elite clues, one archer ring and one warrior ring

Glacor drops: four pairs of ragefire boots, one pair of steadfast boots, six effigies, two hundred lots of Armadyl shards, three elite clues | Nex split: Torva boots | Kalphite King split: off-hand drygore mace

30/30 Shattered Heart statues completed | 16/16 Court Cases completed | 25/25 Choc Chimp Ices delivered | 500/500 Vyrewatch burned | 584/584 tasks completed | 4000/4000 chompies hunted

Too bad all other prayer methods are level independent...

The skill could really do with some other training methods.

Agreed. But the problem with prayer is that all current methods are not level based, you don't unlock them they just exist. If you want to actually compete against them in terms of efficiency very easily, without just being better. Nothing training based is really unlocked except a few minor monsters and even those aren't really good enough to be "training".

I would rather have more diverse things, but that is difficult when a lv1 player can use dragon bones, and go from lv1 to 40 in minutes at a gilded alter.

Pest Control

Soul Wars

The rewards are based on your level.

I went from 98 to 99 in the real 07 at pest control so don't bother telling me you can't train there.

The rewards from this are going to be poor, so really this is just a new 5-60 minute experience that will pass by the way side for most runescapers.

Exclusive Legacy Mode Player

Golvellius.png

He just successfully trolled you with "courtesy" and managed to get a reaction out of you. Lol

The rewards are based on your level.

That's a bit different from what he's talking about, though. Every training method is open from levels 1 to 99, and they don't change as you level. The ones you listed are pretty much the only ones with different experience rates depending you level, but the gameplay is static. Plus, there are only a handful of ways to train at all, and they're virtually the same: bury bones, offer bones, grind bones, or play minigames instead of getting your hands dirty.

• Like 1

The inclusion of the Farming update being revealed next week makes me think even more that the emissaries are actually the Divination skill.

The end of May couldn't be any closer to being 'early summer'.

Sylpheed.png

The inclusion of the Farming update being revealed next week makes me think even more that the emissaries are actually the Divination skill.

The end of May couldn't be any closer to being 'early summer'.

I'm still quite doubtful it is the actual skill. I listened to the lore thing posted last night and they stated the emissaries are a precursor event to the gods returning and with that I think divination as well.

• Like 2

Maxed [February 14, 2012] | Completionist [October 25, 2012] | Trimmed Completionist [in Progress]

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

Personally I hope it's not divination this month, because I really want to get High level forum access before divination launches... I'm so close, but I don't think I can do it before June...

Serena_Sedai.png

Personally I hope it's not divination this month, because I really want to get High level forum access before divination launches... I'm so close, but I don't think I can do it before June...

You got at the very least 2 weeks to pull it off, which I think should be possible for you to do so.

Thieving is just 1 entire weekend. Hunting just about 3-4 days. Fishing another 3-4 days.

Woodcutting could be giving a rough time, if you do either arctic pines or c2 woodcutting, you should be able to pull it off!

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, 'Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous?' Actually, who are you not to be?~ Marianne Williamson

For account help/issues, please follow this link:

Account Help

. If you need further assistance, do not hesitate to PM me or post here.

I wouldn't even worry about it Myr. Honestly the way this is looking the skill could be designed as a resource gathering skill, but used as a rudimentary tug of war between the gods when the world events come out. By the way the first world event isn't slated for release until right when rs3 goes live.

Maxed [February 14, 2012] | Completionist [October 25, 2012] | Trimmed Completionist [in Progress]

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

You got at the very least 2 weeks to pull it off, which I think should be possible for you to do so.

Thieving is just 1 entire weekend. Hunting just about 3-4 days. Fishing another 3-4 days.

Woodcutting could be giving a rough time, if you do either arctic pines or c2 woodcutting, you should be able to pull it off!

Problem is I have too much other stuff to do, so I can't really play enough to finish all that. It's possible, but I don't know if I can do it.

We'll see :)

Serena_Sedai.png

I'll give the new training method a week before it becomes dead content, like most game updates nowadays.

They should consider making it F2P. They could definitely use an update like that.

If I recall, they said it only had a finite use anyhow - enough to get you to level 40 and that's it.

Unless there's some other miscellanious rewards (oh god not another MA please) it was released only to be temporary, entry-level content to serve as a stepping stone of how [bleep]ing horrendous it is training prayer at low levels rather than correcting any usability problems with prayer training as a whole.

It's a pretty clever solution though, honestly. I'm not upset by this in the least. We get a little bit of lore, they save money rather than investing a boatload of hours in re-examining the skill/designing/implementing/testing/whatever, newbies get quick access to the prayer skill with no cost, everyone walks away happy.

hzvjpwS.gif

I'll give the new training method a week before it becomes dead content, like most game updates nowadays.

They should consider making it F2P. They could definitely use an update like that.

If I recall, they said it only had a finite use anyhow - enough to get you to level 40 and that's it.

Unless there's some other miscellanious rewards (oh god not another MA please) it was released only to be temporary, entry-level content to serve as a stepping stone of how [bleep]ing horrendous it is training prayer at low levels rather than correcting any usability problems with prayer training as a whole.

It's a pretty clever solution though, honestly. I'm not upset by this in the least. We get a little bit of lore, they save money rather than investing a boatload of hours in re-examining the skill/designing/implementing/testing/whatever, newbies get quick access to the prayer skill with no cost, everyone walks away happy.

that's exactly why it should be f2p though. It's a low level training method, and honestly f2p prayer is terrible right now.

DK drops (solo/LS): 66 hatchets, 14 archer rings, 13 berserker rings, 17 warrior rings, 12 seerculls, 13 mud staves, 7 seers rings

QBD drops: 1 kite, 2 visages, 4 dragonbone kits, 3 effigies, lots of crossbow parts

CR vs. CLS threads always turn into discussions about penis size.
It's not called a Compensation Longsword for nothing.

I've sent a 12k combat mission to have Aiel assassinated (poor bastard isn't even Pincers-tier difficulty).

DM0Yq2c.png

I'm afraid this will be dead content. It looks like another FC activity, and no one will bother with that for an update useless to 99.999% of players. This update really needs to be f2p.

• Like 2

i feel like a lot of things should be f2p (due to the limiting factor it has on events, and a good portion of the content going unused by the majority of p2p), and they've made steps in the right direction, but overall it could use a bit more

8f14270694.jpg

What I'm wondering is, when they say The Nexus can get a new player from 1-40 Prayer, does that mean you literally can't use the content once you reach level 40, or does it mean you can get exp from it at any level but that exp is the amount from 1-40?

Sylpheed.png

THE GA'AL HAS BEEN FOUND. Credits to Hankmeister and his team of hunters.

[qfc]74-75-269-64839676[/qfc]

"Inside the Fight Cauldron room, equip a pair of Obsidian Gloves.

Donate TokKul to the coffer.

Teleport to a location of your choice.

Unequip the gloves.

Equip a TokKul-Zo (It must be uncharged - do this by destroying it, then reclaiming from the Tzhaar-Mej in the Main Plaza).

Ensure that you have 409 Obsidian Shards in your inventory. (The exact amount depends on the day - the easiest way to check is to open your Captain's Log, and divide the RuneDate by 10, and round down.)

Use a Ring of Visibility on a Ring of Stone (must be that order)

Talk to the Ga'al!"

Is this a joke?

trains2.png

[spoiler=I LOVE MY STATION]

01001001001001110110110100100000010101000111011101100101011011000111011001100101

00100000011000010110111001100100001000000111011101101000011000010111010000100000

What the.... ? And he expected us to find this in a month or something?

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, 'Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous?' Actually, who are you not to be?~ Marianne Williamson

For account help/issues, please follow this link:

Account Help

. If you need further assistance, do not hesitate to PM me or post here.

Guess I won't be meeting that Ga'al because there's no way in hell I'm collecting that many shards. Assuming all that is correct anyway - sounds like a laundry list of bullshit to me.

Well, apparently it was actually confirmed by the same teasing J-Mod that's been leading them all along thus far. I guess I can believe it then.

2dgucz6.png