Cowman_133

Future Update Discussions

It doesn't help that despite their insistence that he's really a 'noble' demon, that they make him do things that are so blatantly 'evil'. His motto is supposed to be strength through chaos or struggle -- because he thinks that peace makes people stagnant and decadent -- I can dig this. However, then BoL starts, and he just comes and starts trashing the place, until Saradomin comes to stop him. That's not really something newer players will be able to sympathize with. I don't really like Sara, so I went with Zammy in BoL (and he had much cooler armour), but, Zammy did seem evil to me...

I've handwaved all of the previous depictions of gods the same way Jagex does: they explain that gods can choose their forms, so over time, they have had many forms, and even then, other people choose to depict them the way they think they look, so it's all relative.

as for trashing the place

you do realize that zamorak could easily rationalize that everybody mostly participated in the event for the rewards? he would say that provided a tangible benefit, even as it took from others, and that's his philosophy, right

he would even go as far as saying all of those builders who were involved with the reconstruction, and the players who were gathering those materials, all wouldn't have had anything to do if that fight didn't happen

also, some people would say that having a tiny volcano in the middle of that valley is actually kinda cool

this kind of thinking is difficult for a lot of people, though

8f14270694.jpg

How about the notion that the dark lord is the evil creator god? That has some reason now for unleashing zamoraks fury and dooming the world. Also maybe the elves came from a world the evil creator god had an influence on.

Maxed [February 14, 2012] | Completionist [October 25, 2012] | Trimmed Completionist [in Progress]

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

How about the notion that the dark lord is the evil creator god? That has some reason now for unleashing zamoraks fury and dooming the world. Also maybe the elves came from a world the evil creator god had an influence on.

I still like the theory that Zaros and Seren are one of the Elder Gods, just split up like Tumeken did.If you look at the concept art....Zaros, Seren, and the Elder God all have the same 8-eyed pattern. Zaros and Seren also both have the 4 ovals on their foreheads making a diamond (this is on current Zaross, not 2nd age one). So, an Elder God splits itself into two extremely different aspects...almost as opposite as you can be but both very powerful. Seren, often associated with light, walks among her people but believes in segregating them away so that no God need fight. Zaros, often associated with shadows, stayed about as far away from his followers as possible and only gave orders here and there, and believed at the time in building an empire (although it was not his final goal). So the Dark God could be Seren's opposite, Zaros, who is the same as Seren yet different.

• Like 2

R.I.P. The olde nite. A legend is gone but not forgotten.

a Faction Related Item Sink for Rune Labs. https://[LikelyScam]/m=player-proposal/a=13/c=VcG-Ir5Ijno/view-idea?idea=19

I saw!!! That's Fantastic! Geronimooooooooooooooooooooooo!

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, 'Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous?' Actually, who are you not to be?~ Marianne Williamson

For account help/issues, please follow this link:

Account Help

. If you need further assistance, do not hesitate to PM me or post here.

bN0T8bS.png

Thank god. I'm pretty sure the black-ish coat design only got picked by everyone because "umg game of thrones look!"

Popoto.~<3

I beg to differ, I picked it because I genuinely thought it looked better than the rest.

• Like 2

I liked the one that got picked because it wasn't just another skimpy outfit for women. Iridescence's wasn't bad either, but unless you're a man, k_aylee's looks like it belongs on a stripper.

• Like 1

R.I.P. The olde nite. A legend is gone but not forgotten.

a Faction Related Item Sink for Rune Labs. https://[LikelyScam]/m=player-proposal/a=13/c=VcG-Ir5Ijno/view-idea?idea=19

If only all these supposedly community oriented J-Mods would actually talk to us about things that are really important rather than silly costumes...

If only all these supposedly community oriented J-Mods would actually talk to us about things that are really important rather than silly costumes...

Yeah, like why they would go and make the hardest boss in the game -- which probably less than a thousand players are able to kill -- even harder, without adjusting the rarity of the drops.

4NIrZ.png

Yeah, like why they would go and make the hardest boss in the game -- which probably less than a thousand players are able to kill -- even harder, without adjusting the rarity of the drops.

Ambler mentioned that he didn't notice any change in Vorago's defence post-update. Mod Dean also mentioned that there wasn't a stealth tweak and that the values are the same. What's the change you're talking about?

6Ij0n.jpg

In real life MMO you don't get 99 smithing by making endless bronze daggers.

bN0T8bS.png

As someone who rarely graces RSOF, anyone care to explain?

xcsx7c.png | 3gliP.jpg | 51y5tv.png  |  8mO5K.jpg

A Blog to Bathtubs for Beginners
Quest Cape | 99 Defence Achieved 11-Jul-2011 17:41 | 99 Prayer 11-Jul-2012 | 99 Constitution 02-Aug-2012

99 Attack 31/10/2012 | 99 Dungeoneering 31/10/2012 | 99 Strength 31/10/2012 | 99 Magic 2/12/2012

99 Range 16/12/2012 | 99 Herblore 25/12/2012 | 99 Summoning 4/1/2013 | 99 Firemaking 6/3/2013

99 Farming 10/4/2013 | 99 Slayer 11/7/2013 | 99 Fletching 21/8/2013  |  99 Smithing 22/8/2013 

99 Crafting 19/12/2013  |  99 Cooking 15/1/2014  |  99 Agility 25/1/2014  |  99 Thieving 01/02/2014

99 Construction 21/04/2014  |  99 Woodcutting 04/03/2014  |  99 Fishing 17/04/2014  |  99 Mining 23/07/2015

99 Divination 27/07/2015  |  99 Runecrafting 20/08/2015  |  99 Hunter 20/08/2015  | Maxed 20/08/2015

Could use an explanation aswell.

Funny how graphical crap gets the most feedback :s

Sway all day, Butterfly flaps all the way!  tumblr_inline_mp4i2qAGS11qz4rgp.gif

✿ ♥‿♥)

Well, most of the J-Mods don't seem to be interested in answering questions about things that really matter. For instance I asked Mod Slayer about the disparatiy between mage/range/melee specials (lack of Meta for rangers and other specials), prices, the seismic situation etc etc, and she had nothing to say; wouldn't even say whether there are any discussions within Jagex about this, or if she would bring it up in some other meeting. Not a word. But the first person who talks about stupid and trivial shit like Bassica Prime or silly outfits? Loads of responses. Shows you where their priorities are... It's been 1 year into EoC live, and the specials for Range as compared to Mage or Melee are still wacked -- and if you try to talk to J-Mods about it they apparently don't want to hear about it or at least have nothing to say about the matter.

Well, most of the J-Mods don't seem to be interested in answering questions about things that really matter. For instance I asked Mod Slayer about the disparatiy between mage/range/melee specials (lack of Meta for rangers and other specials), prices, the seismic situation etc etc, and she had nothing to say; wouldn't even say whether there are any discussions within Jagex about this, or if she would bring it up in some other meeting. Not a word. But the first person who talks about stupid and trivial shit like Bassica Prime or silly outfits? Loads of responses. Shows you where their priorities are... It's been 1 year into EoC live, and the specials for Range as compared to Mage or Melee are still wacked -- and if you try to talk to J-Mods about it they apparently don't want to hear about it or at least have nothing to say about the matter.

Depends on who you hunt, Dean/Pi are much better to talk to regarding EOC and PVP. Slayer is just another CM.

5vRtg.png

• Like 1

6Ij0n.jpg

In real life MMO you don't get 99 smithing by making endless bronze daggers.

Thanks that message gives me hope, from which subsection is that?

Sway all day, Butterfly flaps all the way!  tumblr_inline_mp4i2qAGS11qz4rgp.gif

✿ ♥‿♥)

I feel like in Jagex towers they have a whiteboard of response targets to the players and its covered in big smiley faces cause they smash it every single week and their reports on reacting to player feedback are all glowing because they listen to us when we say that item is a bit too red. Meanwhile there is an entire floor just full of the actual issues that are harder to reply to in a grade a manner so they sweep them under the rug and don't respond or include them in reports.

In my head it's like the game issues range from major surgery warranting traumas to minor cuts and their 'listening to players' is all to busy debating whether the MLP or Harry Potter plasters are cooler to bother calling the surgeon to look at the major wounds.

[/overly complicated metaphors to make a simple point]

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

bN0T8bS.png

As someone who rarely graces RSOF, anyone care to explain?

There was a design competition for a holiday/winter outfit to be made available in solomon's store where people could submit their own designs and then the community would vote on them. A bunch of controversy arose over the top choice in the voting (Ironic Redux) because it was clearly strongly inspired by the TV show Game of Thrones (Ironic Redux freely admits this). People complained that the Ironic redux one was only the top vote getter because of the GoT reference, and so now the second place choice is going to be added too (K_aylee's).

• Like 1

Flyingjj.png

"Strongly inspired" is a bit of an understatement. It includes Longclaw as a weapon override.

Well I didn't want to say "outright stolen from" which is clearly what it was.

Flyingjj.png

It's surprising Jagex even really allowed it to be an option.

I mean they can't just put it in-game as the original design is - they'd be slapped with a copyright lawsuit of some form or other quite quickly for such blatant copying. Then if they are going to 'tweak' it to avoid that is it really the design that won the vote or just some generic rs styled thing vaguly similar to what won the vote.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

Ambler mentioned that he didn't notice any change in Vorago's defence post-update. Mod Dean also mentioned that there wasn't a stealth tweak and that the values are the same. What's the change you're talking about?

Dunno, just seems like he pushes people back easier than he used to.

Maybe we just had an off-day.

4NIrZ.png