Future Update Discussions

Cowman_133

New attack(s) for Vorago again?

That'll help fix the issue of Seismics being ridiculously overly priced due to rarity! I mean what could possibly go wrong with making the boss harder when the drops are already too rare partially because of its difficulty! 

-.-

• Like 2

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

In order to properly keep their new system balanced they really need to make new gear come in a more pop or barrows (original) style.

As in the item for any given slot has identical source for all 3 classes. 1 Boss should drop mainhands, 1 offhands, 1 shields, 1 helms etc. Doesn't even necessarily have to be that confined, but the bosses/things supplying them should at least be purposefully designed to be equals; given drops intended to be equals (eg drygore, seismic and ascension) to purposefully designed unequal sources was bound to cause problems. Especially when you throw in to the mix ranged (despite sort of being the easiest in raw combat terms) has a very literal monetary or time blockade against even chasing the drop and has a fundamental inequality built in when it requires 7 different components to be built that come from 7 different monsters (8+ if you count killing for the keys in first place) whilst the melee and magic can just be walked straight in to and gotten as a straight up drop.

Sure that way a specific item subset would still be overpriced when given to Vorago but at least it'd be a bit more balanced as all 3 classes would suffer the same issue.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

In order to properly keep their new system balanced they really need to make new gear come in a more pop or barrows (original) style.

As in the item for any given slot has identical source for all 3 classes. 1 Boss should drop mainhands, 1 offhands, 1 shields, 1 helms etc. Doesn't even necessarily have to be that confined, but the bosses/things supplying them should at least be purposefully designed to be equals; given drops intended to be equals (eg drygore, seismic and ascension) to purposefully designed unequal sources was bound to cause problems. Especially when you throw in to the mix ranged (despite sort of being the easiest in raw combat terms) has a very literal monetary or time blockade against even chasing the drop and has a fundamental inequality built in when it requires 7 different components to be built that come from 7 different monsters (8+ if you count killing for the keys in first place) whilst the melee and magic can just be walked straight in to and gotten as a straight up drop.

Sure that way a specific item subset would still be overpriced when given to Vorago but at least it'd be a bit more balanced as all 3 classes would suffer the same issue.

Yep.. that is what I said half a dozen times on the forum..

ROT6 should drop ALL the energy for T90 power armor.

Vorago should drop mainhands, because he is the hardest and mainhands are the best... for everything.

KK should drop off hands. Quite a challange, but off hands are still pretty necessary

Ascensions should drop shields, because shields are not the best thing ever, and ascensions are quite a solo thing to do

For T90 power gloves and boots, like glacors and automatons, each monster should drop all three of the type.

Runescape player since 2005
Ego Sum Deus Quo Malum Caligo et Barathum

I fail to see what you hope to accomplish by making all mainhands suffer from Vorago Syndrome.

1. Because of the amount of drygores and ascensions, they will only go up

2. However only a little bit, because

3. More people will be forced to vorago, as it is the main supply of t90 weapons and

4. the price of t90 mhs are equalized

My other idea would be to have KK to mainhands, and vorago shields, PLUS everything else at a much rarer drop rate?

Runescape player since 2005
Ego Sum Deus Quo Malum Caligo et Barathum

Ascensions should drop shields, because shields are not the best thing ever, and ascensions are quite a solo thing to do

That would render the Ascension dg pretty obsolete...

xcsx7c.png | 3gliP.jpg | 51y5tv.png  |  8mO5K.jpg

A Blog to Bathtubs for Beginners
Quest Cape | 99 Defence Achieved 11-Jul-2011 17:41 | 99 Prayer 11-Jul-2012 | 99 Constitution 02-Aug-2012

99 Attack 31/10/2012 | 99 Dungeoneering 31/10/2012 | 99 Strength 31/10/2012 | 99 Magic 2/12/2012

99 Range 16/12/2012 | 99 Herblore 25/12/2012 | 99 Summoning 4/1/2013 | 99 Firemaking 6/3/2013

99 Farming 10/4/2013 | 99 Slayer 11/7/2013 | 99 Fletching 21/8/2013  |  99 Smithing 22/8/2013 

99 Crafting 19/12/2013  |  99 Cooking 15/1/2014  |  99 Agility 25/1/2014  |  99 Thieving 01/02/2014

99 Construction 21/04/2014  |  99 Woodcutting 04/03/2014  |  99 Fishing 17/04/2014  |  99 Mining 23/07/2015

99 Divination 27/07/2015  |  99 Runecrafting 20/08/2015  |  99 Hunter 20/08/2015  | Maxed 20/08/2015

Yes, lets make the HARDEST [bleep]ING BOSS IN THE GODDAMN GAME EVEN MORE BLOODY DIFFICULT, while still not acknowledging that the Wand drops need their rarity adjusted.

God, they are retarded. "Oh, look-- more teams are learning Vorago, let's go and [bleep] them just because we don't have any other things that need to be done."

At least, from the way they made it sound, Range will sort of get its version of Meta if multiple people are now able to use DS. That change should actually impact the Seismic Wand price, or at least it would if they weren't needlessly buffing Vorago.

• Like 1

4NIrZ.png

Multiple people can use Sunlight/Death's swiftness currently, you need to stand on the corners of a monster to achieve it though.

XOOOOOX

OOMMMOO

OOMMMOO

OOMMMOO

XOOOOOX

Where X's are players, O's are empty squares, and M is the monster. Perfect for 6 man Vorago (Base tank/Bomb tank don't need it, 4 dpsers do), but also works on Kalphite King, though he obviously moves around the room a lot, so it's not as viable.

As for Vorago Syndrome:

Read a few guides, know the rotations.

Join a low gear-requirement mass, there are plenty of them out there.

Learn how to do it, get some splits for better gear/weapons/skills.

Join smaller teams, even bigger splits,

Eventually buy your own seismic wand, don't bother with orb because it's currently a waste of ~600m.

???

Profit.

Also, having more people doing Vorago will create a larger supply of Wands ingame, thus reducing the price over time.

Saying this for the <insert large number>th time, Vorago is really not that difficult. It's a surprisingly slow-paced boss fight compared to Barrows/Nex/KK, and you can easily master the basics within a few days of trying. It's called a boss for a reason, and much like most other Chris L bosses, has some timings built in allowing you to work out when the best time is to use abilities, and to stop attacking to avoid PKing you team-mates on reflects.

But yeah, I'm excited for this new rotation, but also slightly scared, because if it gets into Hardmode, it will be a while before I can get that title, as noone will want to do it.

Also, a random suggestion that would actually make ranged worth it:

Why can't you move when doing ranged abilities? It makes no sense that you are unable to move while firing a crossbow.

(Oh, and make snap shot 2x150% damage please.)

• Like 2

yqe0mrU.jpg

^^My blog of EoC PvM, lols and Therapy.^^

My livestream- Currently: Offline :(

Offical Harpy Therapist of the Mad

[hide=Lewtations]

Barrows drops: Dharok's helm x2, Guthan's helm, Ahrim's top, Hood and skirt, Torag's hammers, Karils skirt, Karil's top, Torag's helm, Verac's skirt, Verac's Flail, Dharok's Platebody.

Dag kings drops: Lost count! :wall:

4k+ Glacors, 7 Ragefires, 4 Steadfasts, 4 Glaivens, 400+ shards![/hide]

Also, a random suggestion that would actually make ranged worth it:

Why can't you move when doing ranged abilities? It makes no sense that you are unable to move while firing a crossbow.

(Oh, and make snap shot 2x150% damage please.)

This is likely an engine issue.. But yes it really should be fixed. It's silly that an enemy can move and we still hit them (except for specialized aoe attacks) but we can't move while firing. Ofcourse.. that requires that movement and ability activation be "fluid" which currently isn't. Because of the turn-based combat and the grid-based movement, you have to be "in" a square to fire an ability. You can't launch abilities between ticks, so essentially you really wouldn't get much bonus. Though, longer abilities should let us move while continuing to fire..

Serena_Sedai.png
Maxed since Sunday, January 9th, 2014
Completionist since Wednesday, June 4th, 2014

And that it is more like a weekly input instead of a daily one or better an unlimited 6 week one. So you can get all rewards in 1 go.

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, 'Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous?' Actually, who are you not to be?~ Marianne Williamson

For account help/issues, please follow this link:

Account Help

. If you need further assistance, do not hesitate to PM me or post here.

I'm still extremely annoyed about them killing another God off so soon after they finally got to Gielinor. The last God Wars last 1000 years but Jagex seems intent on rushing this one. Not to mention using temporary content with little player agency to do so. I know they say "the community decides" but each individual player's decision is pretty much worthless with so many involved. Overall, I like the first World Event, Zammy was weakened, Sara gained some power but no major changes.

• Like 2

R.I.P. The olde nite. A legend is gone but not forgotten.

a Faction Related Item Sink for Rune Labs. https://[LikelyScam]/m=player-proposal/a=13/c=VcG-Ir5Ijno/view-idea?idea=19

I'm still extremely annoyed about them killing another God off so soon after they finally got to Gielinor. The last God Wars last 1000 years but Jagex seems intent on rushing this one. Not to mention using temporary content with little player agency to do so. I know they say "the community decides" but each individual player's decision is pretty much worthless with so many involved. Overall, I like the first World Event, Zammy was weakened, Sara gained some power but no major changes.

Shrug, who actually cares about Bandos, anyway? He's a big stupid chaotic evil ogre god.

4NIrZ.png

Shrug, who actually cares about Bandos, anyway? He's a big stupid chaotic evil ogre god.

And that is exactly the reason many people are against killing of the gods so soon.

There has been no quest about the Bandos we may now know. The old quests that features Zanik VS Bandos is pretty redundant with all these new lore plots. 

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, 'Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous?' Actually, who are you not to be?~ Marianne Williamson

For account help/issues, please follow this link:

Account Help

. If you need further assistance, do not hesitate to PM me or post here.

Yeah, there were some talks about Bandos getting a new quest series where he tries to regather the goblins and probably tries to obliterate the Dorgeshuun tribe himself. But I won't see it happening if he indeed dies. I too hate the rush on this content, I want a nice story to unfold, not like "Oh look a god, BOOOM, DEAD". Also, in the trailer they talk about changes according to the playerbase. I think the biggest complain was the fact that OUR choice, like they advertise, is basicly worthless because the massive amounts of "dumb" people skewing the event to the "good" god. And, my personal complain: nothing is said about how the rewards system will work. As I said earlier, I really don't want to pump out 4 hours a day for 6 weeks to get those rewards. But they do look very good.

Y'know I'm really loving how since October we are getting these more in-depth detail giving BTS videos just like they promised, with more of the info we want and less pointless waffle. They are getting so in-depth it almost feels as if most of them tell us less about the content than the written BTS article did...

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Can't decide which of the new armour sets look better. I won't have time to get both but I don't want my choice to impact anything as I'm indifferent. I'll probably wait to see who's winning and then join the losing side.

Sylpheed.png

An Avian Jmod wishing upon the death of another avian creature.

What else is new? He and Mod Raven are brothers and seem to threaten to destroy each other constantly

R.I.P. The olde nite. A legend is gone but not forgotten.

a Faction Related Item Sink for Rune Labs. https://[LikelyScam]/m=player-proposal/a=13/c=VcG-Ir5Ijno/view-idea?idea=19

From the looks of it, Bandos might lose this one...

But no worries, Tuska is on it's way, meaning we trade one beast for another...

As usual in the world of Gielenor; the more they change, the more they stay the same...

Former Leader of The Tal Shiar Alliance - An Original Tip.it Clan
Member of the Wilderness Guardians and Founder of the Silent Guardians
Founder of The Conclave - A Tip.it Clan institution
Tip.it Times author (click for all my articles) - When I use the wrong reasons to make the right statement, argue the reason, not the statement.
MSSW4 General - Did we kick your ass too?

Check us out!
wildsig3.gif
clanmotif.png
==> No seriously, if you like FREE GP, XP and Dung tokens, as well as Community, Opportunity and above all FUN... <==
CLICK IT!