Future Update Discussions

Cowman_133

Actually they pretty heavily implied it was coming, they even said it could end up being later this year subject to polls etc.

The point of this was to give a neglected skill new purpose without the massive dev budget to fully rework it.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

Actually they pretty heavily implied it was coming, they even said it could end up being later this year subject to polls etc.

The point of this was to give a neglected skill new purpose without the massive dev budget to fully rework it.

I am glad I misunderstood it then :D

http://sign.tip.it/1/2/79/260/essiw.png

Retired item crew

I would like to be credited as essiw at the website update & corrections forum. Thanks!

RS Chronacle dev blog here.

Also the wildywyrm dev blog has been amended for changes.

Edit 09/01/15

- Shield bow spec cost lowered to 25%

- Dark bow recharge amount lowered to 20%

- Shield bow now charges slower in PvP

- Staff has a 1.5 minute cool down on its special attack

- Slayer wyrm defence lowered

- Wyrms moved south of eastern lava maze

Maxed [February 14, 2012] | Completionist [October 25, 2012] | Trimmed Completionist [in Progress]

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

^They never said that the rework will be coming, I think they even hinted at that the rework won't come at all :(

2DHGba4.png

> this is not a complete construction rework

> there is room for more skills to be added in the future

> implying no rework will happen, even over time

EOvYSzv.jpg?1

All_My_Love.png Bun_Dem.png

max.png 50.png

Hi all!

Welcome to another ninja devblog – it’s a long one! If you want to cut to the chase, just skip to the ‘What do we want from you?’ section at the end blk.gif.

This is for our next project, to be started after the release of the Wildy Wyrm. The project is similar to the Dungeoneering improvements batch we did last year - a collection of small improvements to existing D&Ds. Specifically we are focusing on D&Ds that are not as well used as others.

Which D&Ds are we targeting?

The following list shows all the D&Ds* in order of average activity across the month of December.

1. Penguin Hide and Seek

2. Rune Goldberg Machine

3. Sinkholes

4. Guthixian Caches

5. Wilderness Warbands

6. Tears of Guthix (DnD)

7. God Statues

8. Shattered Heart

9. Statue of Rhiannon

10. Shooting Star

11. Troll Invasion

12. The Pit

13. Balthazar Beauregard's Big Top Bonanza

14. Rush Of Blood

15. Big Chinchompa

16. Evil Tree

17. Demon Flash Mobs

18. Fish Flingers

19. Bork

20. Goblin Flash Mobs

21. Phoenix Lair

22. Court Summons

23. Familiarisation

24. Skeletal Horror

25. Champions' Challenge

*We are not interested in debate for what is a D&D and what isn’t. If you have suggestions for content that isn’t listed here, by all means create or add to a thread in the Ninja forum blk.gif.

PLEASE NOTE - this list will not be an 100% accurate representation, considering some of these D&Ds are daily, some weekly, some monthly, making it difficult to compare. Some are locked behind quests or skill requirements, and some can be 'completed'. Nonetheless, this gives us a rough idea of which D&Ds are played more than others, and allows us to focus our efforts.

As such, we have decided NOT to focus on the following D&Ds:

- Anything from 1 to 15 in the above list (from Penguins to Big Chinchompa)

- Demon Flash Mobs - as revealed by Mod Deg (74-75-874-65526135), this is being worked on by another team.

- Goblin Flash Mobs - unless you can convince us otherwise! This D&D is aimed specifically at lower level players - we do not wish to change it to try and make it rewarding for everyone.

- Familiarisation – we have already made some changes to this that are currently in QA. We would like to see these changes released and the impact they have before we change more about the D&D.

So that leaves us with the following D&Ds:

- Evil Tree

- Fish Flingers

- Bork

- Phoenix Lair

- Court Summons

- Skeletal Horror

- Champions’ Challenge

What have we got planned?

We already have a small outline for some improvements we want to make. These are mainly from ninja requests we’ve received over time.

Champions’ Challenge

- Improve rewards

- Rebalance combat + ensure challenges are completable in EoC and Legacy modes

- Potentially make fights repeatable, allowing players to re-challenge already defeated champions each month for rewards

Skeletal Horror

- Improve reward XP, using a mechanic similar to Agoroth (scaled to level)

- Add to D&D tracker

- Update drop table, perhaps adding effigies and skeleton champion scrolls

Court Cases

- Evaluate rewards

- Potentially improve accessibility

- Potentially remove 2 week cooldown, dangerous due to comp reqs

- Remove or adjust the requirement to go to the court house before you get your first drop. Or perhaps make an initial summons item to encourage people to go there.

Phoenix Lair and Bork

- Add both to D&D tracker

What do we want from you?

Our list of improvements is currently small, and we think the best way of getting improvements you’ll actually appreciate is by asking you!!!

Do you have any suggestions for small improvements for any of the D&Ds listed for us to work on? Remember, that’s:

- Evil Tree

- Fish Flingers

- Bork

- Phoenix Lair

- Court Summons

- Skeletal Horror

- Champions’ Challenge

In your suggestions, please try and remember they should be:

SMALL 

– we are not intending to rework entire D&Ds, or add huge amounts of new functionality.

MEANINGFUL 

– small doesn’t mean ‘this spelling error annoys me’. We have a limited amount of time, the changes we make should be worth it.

INTERESTING 

– we’d like to try and avoid ‘increase the XP’ as the default solution unless it’s actually needed.

As stated, this is very early stages so this thread will be up for a while – we’d like to get as many of your ideas as possible blk.gif.

-

The information above is subject to change during development.

Mods Ana, Ryan, Pi, Hunter, Stu O and Aob

New Dev blog posted by Mod Ana.

• Like 1

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, 'Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous?' Actually, who are you not to be?~ Marianne Williamson

For account help/issues, please follow this link:

Account Help

. If you need further assistance, do not hesitate to PM me or post here.

imo there are just to many D&D's/minigames... and they keep releasing new ones. There will always be D&D's/minigames which will be dead, as we cannot do all of them...

Retired item crew

I would like to be credited as essiw at the website update & corrections forum. Thanks!

I doubt that we will be able to revive the mentioned D and Ds with the suggested changes. There are just too many effective ways of getting xp. And playing D and Ds requires effort and timing. RS is too much efficient-scape nowadays sadly.

lGxorje.png

Add me if you so wish: SwreeTak

Just because they are the 15 most popular does not mean they cannot be improved or changed. I suppose I can see their point as far as improvements to revive the old ones though.

"Fight for what you believe in, and believe in what you're fighting for." Can games be art?

---

cWCZMZO.png

l1M6sfb.png

My blog here if you want to check out my Times articles and other writings! I always appreciate comments/feedback.

Just because they are the 15 most popular does not mean they cannot be improved or changed. I suppose I can see their point as far as improvements to revive the old ones though.

Well tbh I don't see much need in updating most of those 15 popular ones (not sure about the ones I don't know about, because of me leaving a few years though). So I guess that they thought the same but had to have some better reason of why not to look into them. Better in the way that people cannot complain :P

Retired item crew

This topic is now stickied instead of the previous "Update Teaser" topic. The reason for this is that we haven't been supplied with an official teaser in a long while, and this topic was created to take place of the previously mentioned topic.

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, 'Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous?' Actually, who are you not to be?~ Marianne Williamson

Account Help

This topic is now stickied instead of the previous "Update Teaser" topic. The reason for this is that we haven't been supplied with an official teaser in a long while, and this topic was created to take place of the previously mentioned topic.

If you would like me to keep a repository for images for each year i could do that in the main post.

Maxed [February 14, 2012] | Completionist [October 25, 2012] | Trimmed Completionist [in Progress]

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

My opinions on D&D improvements.

Evil Trees: Should have a remote farming style interface showing evil trees across worlds and types. Or just standardize it to one kind of tree SS like. Improve effect gained and itemize it.

Fish Flingers: Shard World and Dungeoneering style chat. Fishing Buff for completing it.

Champion Challenge: Vanity rewards, clothing and titles. Get to actually show it off.

How did shooting star get 10th? Seems like people aren't so peeved about getting nice loot.

I'll rage AND cry if greenhouse never sees the light of day.

I missed the ending of the poll, did aquarium win? Also I hope that they give us the other rooms after some time in the order of the amount of votes

Retired item crew

You just had to change the title too when you stickied it, right? :P

It didn't fit anymore with no teaser images.

Account Help

I missed the ending of the poll, did aquarium win? Also I hope that they give us the other rooms after some time in the order of the amount of votes

The Aquarium received the most votes (source). Greenhouse actually came third :s.

• Like 1

"Fight for what you believe in, and believe in what you're fighting for." Can games be art?

---

cWCZMZO.png

l1M6sfb.png

My blog here if you want to check out my Times articles and other writings! I always appreciate comments/feedback.

The Aquarium received the most votes (source). Greenhouse actually came third :s.

Ah well the resource dungeon was a logic as well. I voted for aquarium but I would be happy as long as the treasure vault didn't win... as I don't really see the need for it, there are plenty of other ways to show off how rich you are :P.

Retired item crew