Future Update Discussions

Cowman_133

I think having practice mode and instancing having a synonymous feel is a good thing. I mean I think the only difference between the two being that practice mode has no death penalty and no actual reward that real experience in fighting the boss. You'll obviously take change losses on things like the chaotic staff and supply loss which both are reasonable.

Maxed [February 14, 2012] | Completionist [October 25, 2012] | Trimmed Completionist [in Progress]

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

Rejoin instances????? ACTUALLY HAVING A FULL HOUR AT ARAXXOR?????

WHAT DID HE DO WITH THE REAL CHRIS L?

Oh, and there was some other Mod who was saying, just until a few days ago, that full instances was a technical impossibility. So much for that...

• Like 3

Kinda late to be discussing an update that happened in November, but the FAQ for Heart of Stone was posted this week.

Why did you waste Xenia by killing her off in her third quest?

Mod Raven: Personally? Because I really wanted to kill her, though my original death was far more brutal. But also we wanted to make the signature heroes more believable as characters. We felt that if they were immortal things, that just team up with the player from time to time, then they lose something. As characters that can betray you and die, they have more potential. By killing Xenia we improve what we can do with the other heroes, their lives mean more now that we know that they can die. But really I just wanted to kill Xenia, I’ve been trying for age, just as Mod Osborne.

Anyone genuinely dissatisfied by this answer? It just seems like Mod Raven, being infinitely neurotic and suffering from megalomania, just wanted to kill off Xenia for the hell of it, and explained it away with "character development". He could have done a lot of other things to build up the whole signature heroes' design (look at Sir Owen), but just took the easy way out which happened to be something he really wanted.

inb4 hedgehog

• Like 2

6Ij0n.jpg

In real life MMO you don't get 99 smithing by making endless bronze daggers.

Anyone genuinely dissatisfied by this answer? It just seems like Mod Raven, being infinitely neurotic and suffering from megalomania, just wanted to kill off Xenia for the hell of it, and explained it away with "character development". He could have done a lot of other things to build up the whole signature heroes' design (look at Sir Owen), but just took the easy way out which happened to be something he really wanted.

inb4 hedgehog

They shouldn't be "immortal", but they should... you know, exist a bit, so that you can get to know them and actually feel something when they die. And when they do die, it should further the plot. Hell, make them seem like they are immortal, that'll make the death more shocking (see: WGS). As long as it's not this meaningless, contrived "because I saw the character and wanted to kill her" garbage. Not only is it just bad writing, it's kind of creepy.

• Like 1

Can anyone 100% confirm the update scedule for the next two weeks? As in, is ports update this upcoming monday or monday the 26th? 

First to 99 Farming on 27. September, 2005.

First to 3766 Port Score on 20. March, 2014.

First to 4664 Port Score on 2. March, 2015.

Nothing official from Jagex yet other than it being Hati and Sköll on Monday and presumably RuneLabs too. I'm guessing with Ports being the feature update of January it will be the 26th.

SLwQsg1.png

"Unfortunately, the real world isn't the same as a fairy tale."

Ports is almost definitely the 26th.

BTS video said that next week it is about ports.

Next friday BTS about ports rules out it coming this week and makes it almost 100% certain it'll be the monday after video (26th).

A fact further solidified by it being a January update and 26th being last week available for January update.

Runelabs is already definite for Tuesday - video say it opens for submissions on the 20th

• Like 1

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

Kinda late to be discussing an update that happened in November, but the FAQ for Heart of Stone was posted this week.

Mod Raven: Personally? Because I really wanted to kill her, though my original death was far more brutal. But also we wanted to make the signature heroes more believable as characters. We felt that if they were immortal things, that just team up with the player from time to time, then they lose something. As characters that can betray you and die, they have more potential. By killing Xenia we improve what we can do with the other heroes, their lives mean more now that we know that they can die. But really I just wanted to kill Xenia, I’ve been trying for age, just as Mod Osborne.

inb4 hedgehog

When did Xenia die?

Was it brutal?

Is it worth getting membership just to see her die?

Did any other signature heroes die?

This is great news

inb4 hedgehog

When did Xenia die?

Was it brutal?

Is it worth getting membership just to see her die?

Did any other signature heroes die?

This is great news

Heart of Stone

Nope, didn't actually see her die, just vanish if I remember correctly

imo nope

Nope

http://sign.tip.it/1/2/79/260/essiw.png

Retired item crew

I would like to be credited as essiw at the website update & corrections forum. Thanks!

Rubelabs confirmed for release this week by mod rascasse via twitter... is that even an update? Im guessing hati and skoll with runelabs.

Next week many of us bid farewell to our comp capes.

Maxed [February 14, 2012] | Completionist [October 25, 2012] | Trimmed Completionist [in Progress]

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

Rubelabs confirmed for release this week by mod rascasse via twitter... is that even an update? Im guessing hati and skoll with runelabs.

Next week many of us bid farewell to our comp capes.

didnt they say they were adding a period where you could still wear it that gave just enough time to earn the req again?

baileydafrog.png

What new comp reqs are being added?

is a golem going to be a req?

~~~legoman187~~~

nee0cg.png

Clicky siggy for blog

Thanks Pendonub for fancy new sig

Thieving guide[WIP]

Loyal player since May 2005 and member since November 2005 and Tifer for many years

~~~legoman187~~~

What new comp reqs are being added?

is a golem going to be a req?

~~~legoman187~~~

Max port score is the only thing really.

Youll need to get 6+ more scrolls, max out your buildings for terracotta and azure resources and complete 3 more storylines with two finales. The two finales are an assumption based on the last two port updates.

Golems may have been cut for budget.

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

oh damn, well i don't see any new comp reqs, for previous update to pros only 1 story was required. 

only trim reqs

~~~legoman187~~~

nee0cg.png

Clicky siggy for blog

Thanks Pendonub for fancy new sig

Thieving guide[WIP]

Loyal player since May 2005 and member since November 2005 and Tifer for many years

~~~legoman187~~~

oh damn, well i don't see any new comp reqs, for previous update to pros only 1 story was required.

only trim reqs

~~~legoman187~~~

You have to complete all scrolls, story lines and port score for comp. And you are right in there being one trio, but there will be three seperate lines. Last update was the hunter, architect and cook. This time its the gorajo, divine energy girl and the mask possessed man.

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png