Future Update Discussions

Cowman_133

I think they should just add the treasure to the throne room so you can sit next to your giant heaps of money

Why not just build your throne out of money?

because that red throne cost quite a lot to then destroy it!

More than a demonic throne? ;)

sounds like the one! don't really visit that part of the house sadly :(

baileydafrog.png

Or even better, a real rework of the skill! :D

Can't comprehend they want to spend time on a system that's completely out of time, instead of reworking the skill.

I'll vote Hotel, I love MTK.

This is because they said that graphically reworking it would take a whole year of the graphics team (I still cannot see how they got to that conclusion...) I still think they should rework the coding though... But if they are right with their estimate that would mean no updates at all for us until they decide to update it (so never)

http://sign.tip.it/1/2/79/260/essiw.png

Retired item crew

I would like to be credited as essiw at the website update & corrections forum. Thanks!

Treasure Vault... What a way to pander to the disgustingly rich players. :\

Personally I want the Greenhouse or Resource Dungeon.

Wasn't that the original intention of Dungeoneering? Pandering to what was considered disgustingly rich at the time?

banner6jf.jpg

jomali.png

Wasn't that the original intention of Dungeoneering? Pandering to what was considered disgustingly rich at the time?

If you're referring to floor selling I don't think so. In fact I recall people even getting banned for it, as a psuedo-autotyping ban.

The original original plan for Dungeoneering was a separate game, 'Mechscape..' I don't see how money entered into it but I'd be interested to find out...

"Fight for what you believe in, and believe in what you're fighting for." Can games be art?

---

cWCZMZO.png

l1M6sfb.png

My blog here if you want to check out my Times articles and other writings! I always appreciate comments/feedback.

Or even better, a real rework of the skill! :D

Can't comprehend they want to spend time on a system that's completely out of time, instead of reworking the skill.

I'll vote Hotel, I love MTK.

This is because they said that graphically reworking it would take a whole year of the graphics team (I still cannot see how they got to that conclusion...) I still think they should rework the coding though... But if they are right with their estimate that would mean no updates at all for us until they decide to update it (so never)

Yeah I know, but I don't understand they want to add more coding to a project with already spaghetti code everywhere over the place. Just reworking the code and leaving graphics and additions out of it would be good.

Graphics can be a project "on the long run", where the graphics team work on it when they have time leftover from other projects. 

Graphics team has Port Sarim and Falador fully reworked that way for more than a year, it just has to go through QA.

My opinion on construction is also that we could lose a lot of assets, there's too much stuff no one ever uses (like a lot of the normal plank and teak plank stuff and garden plants) and just stuff that don't really have any value anymore, like those little maps you can hang around the walls.

To me, it seems better to remove a lot of content of the skill and replace it with worthwhile stuff to place in the house, for showing off, and some pieces to train the skill (like grand flatpacks, or working on a house for a NPC). Much less hassle for the graphics department and a better way for us to train the skill.

If you're referring to floor selling I don't think so. In fact I recall people even getting banned for it, as a psuedo-autotyping ban.

The original original plan for Dungeoneering was a separate game, 'Mechscape..' I don't see how money entered into it but I'd be interested to find out...

Mechscape and Dg are not remotely related. Mechscape which later became Stellardawn then got put on 'pause' is an entirely sperate sci-fi game that has absolutely nothing remotely dg like about it.

What stellardawn did end up informing was engine updates that allow rs to do more and the Transformers game.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

MFW the rich get richer :(

Voted for the Greenhouse, always wanted a personal herb spot, it'd be great

[hide=Stats]Dragonkng198.png          Pumpking.png[/hide]

61669e5031.png

71fb431906.png

39c60fedc1.jpg

The years next best update is upon us courtesy of mod oliver.

Hair with horns!

B6rlH-GCIAAJpgy.png

I like it. I specifically never wear my horns because I don't like the hair style you automatically get with it.

But I'm also not saying I will ever wear them even if I can switch it :-D

90.png

---------------------------- ';..;' ----------------------------

max.png

Mechscape and Dg are not remotely related. Mechscape which later became Stellardawn then got put on 'pause' is an entirely sperate sci-fi game that has absolutely nothing remotely dg like about it.

What stellardawn did end up informing was engine updates that allow rs to do more and the Transformers game.

I am not sure about mechscape, but I am fairly sure that dungeoneering was not originally planned for runescape but as an entirely separate game, but in the end they decided it was better to put it in runescape.

• Like 1

Retired item crew

I would like to be credited as essiw at the website update & corrections forum. Thanks!

don't really wear my horns much anymore..  :mellow:

However all these little graphical updates make me hopeful they can finally do what I've been asking for years -

Let us wear (display/override) Halos with other head slot items. [shameless plug http://[Use Quick Find Code]/c=oJWAHR6IGUE/[Please Use QuickFind Code]?309,310,236,65537863]

And I might wear my horns if I could have my Halo with them.  ;)

2dgucz6.png

don't really wear my horns much anymore..  :mellow:

However all these little graphical updates make me hopeful they can finally do what I've been asking for years -

Let us wear (display/override) Halos with other head slot items. [shameless plug http://[Use Quick Find Code]/c=oJWAHR6IGUE/[Please Use QuickFind Code]?309,310,236,65537863]

And I might wear my horns if I could have my Halo with them.  ;)

Get dat on runelabs and im sure itd get loads of support in the coming weeks

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

hat vs hair vs face slots

runescape fashion show 2015

btw if they do the horns thing they really should bring them back one last time cause people didn't care when they just made you bald

You mean because people did care that they made you bald?

Maxed [February 14, 2012] | Completionist [October 25, 2012] | Trimmed Completionist [in Progress]

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

I'll just post it here thanks Drazhor.

Tuska World Event

As you may have heard at RuneFest, we are in the early stages of designing the next World Event where Tuska is targeting Gielinor. For this World Event we'd like players to be able to engage with it using a variety of different skills.

Currently we are going to feature the following skills throughout the event:

- Construction

- Combat

- Dungeoneering

- Divination

- Farming

- Hunter

- Prayer

- Woodcutting

Have your say!

That's where we are at the moment, we're still looking for 2 more skills to feature in the event so we'd like to get your opinion on which you'd like.

We are also happy to hear what sort of things you'd like to see throughout the event so please feel free to post what you'd like to see. Also to get you excited, here's a work in progress concept of a new Tuska-related character!

tuska_beast_master.jpg

(URL calls it a "tuska beast master")

Thanks,

Mods Harrison, Deg, Chris L, Avatar, Ramen

Maxed [February 14, 2012] | Completionist [October 25, 2012] | Trimmed Completionist [in Progress]

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

Just wondering as I wasn't playing at the previous events. What rewards does one normally get for these events and which skills were used in previous events?

Retired item crew

Just wondering as I wasn't playing at the previous events. What rewards does one normally get for these events and which skills were used in previous events?

WE1 with zamorak versus saradomin using mining, woodcutting and fishing to collect crystals to take back to camp for reknown to buy warpriest armour and combat scrolls used for perks in the event. You also used combat to defeat other the other faction units of varying size for sacred metal shards, chances at title and special override drops. These drops were used in conjunction with sacred metal shards to turn in and obtain the overrides. This event also offered tiered emotes you could buy for reknown.

WE2 was bandos versus armadyl using combat, pvp combat, divination, and construction. You had the option to either play as as an inactive or active pvper gaining reknown by reclaiming sites across misthalin for your faction. you gained more reknown from having an active pvper status. This event offered additional rewards of earning combat abilities and other overrides for reknown and sacred metal shards. This event also offered tiered emotes you could buy for reknown.

Generally both factions could vote for changes in what each faction focused on how how best to defend the surrounding territories (i.e. protecting lumbridge from the neighboring onslaught). Both events also pitted the community against each other. They both offered tiered emotes, titles and earnable overrides.

The tuska world event is supposed to change the world event mechanics forcing the community to work together to go against the world itself. So I would suspect to see titles, emotes and overrides earned by the hardiest pvmers who can endure the different stages of tuskas rampage across gielenor. I would also expect to see players being forced to vote on how best to combat the beast and handle each situation.

So say the beast master is our first major offensive unit going against us I would think they would ask us these questions:

Should we ask our hunters to dig up the ground and lay pitfall traps for the beastmasters beasts?

Should we ask the lunar farms to provide livid to protect the lands from the beastmasters beasts?

• Like 1

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

Rewards vary, usually good xp in some skills and then an assortment of unlockables that can be got elsewhere later on. Plus some limited time cosmetic overides usually get included.

Since this one will be different format to the previous 2 (and a bit) hard to say how much they will correlate on rewards though.

• Like 1

Plv6Dz6.jpg

I am not sure about mechscape, but I am fairly sure that dungeoneering was not originally planned for runescape but as an entirely separate game, but in the end they decided it was better to put it in runescape.

Yes, the guy who made the original speculation topic for the skill release cited job listings for a different game entirely, one that was described in a rough mechanical way to how the DG skill presented itself later on. It was by far one of the coolest topics I saw on Tip.it :D

• Like 1

hzvjpwS.gif