Future Update Discussions

Cowman_133

oh damn, well i don't see any new comp reqs, for previous update to pros only 1 story was required.

only trim reqs

~~~legoman187~~~

You have to complete all scrolls, story lines and port score for comp. And you are right in there being one trio, but there will be three seperate lines. Last update was the hunter, architect and cook. This time its the gorajo, divine energy girl and the mask possessed man.

Pretty sure you are wrong about requiring all scrolls story lines and port score for comp. Based on what link (http://runescape.wikia.com/wiki/Completionist_cape) says all you need is 1 story line. and you need the reef-walker cape. that is not all stories and scrolls in the least. you don't even need the score for comp, just the title

~~~legoman187~~~

nee0cg.png

Clicky siggy for blog

Thanks Pendonub for fancy new sig

Thieving guide[WIP]

Loyal player since May 2005 and member since November 2005 and Tifer for many years

~~~legoman187~~~

oh damn, well i don't see any new comp reqs, for previous update to pros only 1 story was required.

only trim reqs

~~~legoman187~~~

You have to complete all scrolls, story lines and port score for comp. And you are right in there being one trio, but there will be three seperate lines. Last update was the hunter, architect and cook. This time its the gorajo, divine energy girl and the mask possessed man.

Pretty sure you are wrong about requiring all scrolls story lines and port score for comp. Based on what [anchor=link]wiki [/anchor][anchor=link]http://runescape.wikia.com/wiki/Completionist_cape[/anchor] says all you need is 1 story line. and you need the reef-walker cape. that is not all stories and scrolls in the least. you don't even need the score for comp, just the title

~~~legoman187~~~

The requirement predates ports v2 and came with the initial release of the minigame. Really its just max port score. You need to do everything in ports short of actually making anything and getting max distance.

Maxed [February 14, 2012] | Completionist [October 25, 2012] | Trimmed Completionist [in Progress]

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

only trim reqs

~~~legoman187~~~

Pretty sure you are wrong about requiring all scrolls story lines and port score for comp. Based on what [anchor=link]wiki [/anchor][anchor=link]http://runescape.wikia.com/wiki/Completionist_cape[/anchor] says all you need is 1 story line. and you need the reef-walker cape. that is not all stories and scrolls in the least. you don't even need the score for comp, just the title

~~~legoman187~~~

The requirement predates ports v2 and came with the initial release of the minigame. Really its just max port score. You need to do everything in ports short of actually making anything and getting max distance.

Maxed [February 14, 2012] | Completionist [October 25, 2012] | Trimmed Completionist [in Progress]

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

Uh, what? They mentioned previously that this update will carry no new comp reqs.

Last time, the only scroll you needed to complete was the Reefwalker cape scroll because it was a cape scroll.

6Ij0n.jpg

In real life MMO you don't get 99 smithing by making endless bronze daggers.

Uh, what? They mentioned previously that this update will carry no new comp reqs.

Last time, the only scroll you needed to complete was the Reefwalker cape scroll because it was a cape scroll.

I was wrong. I suck.

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

There is an RSTV twitch event going on right now for ports v3, 200th quest and i think runelabs.

Can someone cover this? Im at work right now so...

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

Compliments to Im Rubic for posting most of this on the RSOF:

Player Owned Ports

- Comes out next week; Monday

- 3 New Adventurers; eye-less masked man (Agility), exhiled gorajo (Dungeoneering), divine energy girl (Divination)

- Magic Dual Wield; sea singer wand and orb

- Melee Dual Wield; Katana and Wakisashi comes with Sheaths

- Tengu Outfit

- Dragon Portal; Statue Portal

- Maple Tree Totem (most likely for favoring clue scroll voyages)

- Clue Scroll Voyages

- Access Voyages/Shipyard via Captain's Log book.

200th Quest

- Special Quest, with multiple sub-quests (half of RfD but same length on average).

- In Varrock

- Intro quest with no requirements.

- The sub-quests are:

* Shield of Arrav (novice). Requires Shield of Arrav. (It will not require a partner.)

* Demon Slayer (intermediate). Requires Shadow of the Storm. (It's expanded to include elements of the sequel, for story reasons.)

* Defender of Varrock (experienced). Requires Defender of Varrock.

* Curse of Arrav (master). Requires Curse of Arrav.

- Graveyard Northwest.

- Replayable Quest; Rewards unlocked while replaying.

- Arrav and Zemoregal graphical rework (only in the pocket dimension though).

- Varrock rework: Fountian, Museum, Castle, atmosphere have changed.

- Quest Cup winner tribute is in museum

- Silver light, Dark light, and Arrav's Shield graphical reworks.

- You won't be able to leave the city

- No famillars and no outside gear.

- No Grand Exchange or Banks.

- Delrith is located to the South East.

- Zombie Cows, Hazelmere, Meg, Cook will be there.

- Max is a low level

- Zemomarks is the currency.

- Currency can buy stuff

- World Map portion (New Varrock)

- Blisterwood tree in Varrock Palace???

- New Varrock is a pocket world (a different reality)

- No change to current Varrock after the quest

- Group Questing is not required, but you can play with friends

Aquarium & Vampires

- Design Document (Like Elf City)

- A new POH room

- Room limit not increasing

- Castle Drakan is a YES

Runelabs

- The Guardians will be behind Runelabs #1

- Next Week, support ideas.

- The following week, Power Player Poll

- There will be more features coming to Runelab.

- There will be a routine of one poll, one release per month.

- First update in June.

- Wednesday, Forum Q&A 5-6pm

- Thursday, Reddit AMAA 5-6pm

- Friday, Tweet Chat 4-5pm

• Like 1

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

"Room limit not increasing" oh man they don't understand how this works. Do they really think players are not going to mass complain about that?

http://sign.tip.it/1/2/79/260/essiw.png

Retired item crew

I would like to be credited as essiw at the website update & corrections forum. Thanks!

"Room limit not increasing" oh man they don't understand how this works. Do they really think players are not going to mass complain about that?

Its apparently still a technical thing. Its part of the old system put in place by the construction curator.

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

Its apparently still a technical thing. Its part of the old system put in place by the construction curator.

Is there much of the old system code still in the game? I've seen that reason come up more and more recently.

howlin1eeveesig.png

The entirety of poh IS the old system.

It's never been reworked hence the limitations of construction and the only way to make real changes is the ground up rework.

It's a system that you can bolt new things onto (ie a new room) but you can't easily amend or tweak the core code as it effects, well, everything - rotations, room placement, house instance generation, build spots, furniture dataetc.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

What I do wonder: can't they use the dungeoneering code for it? I mean, a hell of a lot of variation (and thus lighting) is created as soon as you start a dungeon.

Plugging reworked construction stuff into it could work maybe? And not requiring as much time as they make it seem (1 year for the graphics).

Player-owned houses weren't a great idea for how much work they required (they even tried to do it in rsc but failed), and have been basically dead content for years. Even jagex understands that. Thus their general distaste to do anything drastic with them- it's just not worth it (and really, players rarely if ever consider the cost of making something versus the benefit it would reap for the game/community/company when suggesting new ideas, that's for sure). Horses have been proposed from the beginning and they have said time and time again they are not doing it. Given how they gave us dual-wielding and we crucified them for it, that's the right attitude. 

• Like 1

First to 99 Farming on 27. September, 2005.

First to 3766 Port Score on 20. March, 2014.

First to 4664 Port Score on 2. March, 2015.

Didn't they already upped the room limit in the past? I get that it is not easy to add new code like moving rooms. But upping the limit does not seem that complicated to me, it is not like there will be new code in there? But maybe I don't know enough about the coding...

http://sign.tip.it/1/2/79/260/essiw.png

Retired item crew

I would like to be credited as essiw at the website update & corrections forum. Thanks!

Didn't they already upped the room limit in the past? I get that it is not easy to add new code like moving rooms. But upping the limit does not seem that complicated to me, it is not like there will be new code in there? But maybe I don't know enough about the coding...

The issue with upping limit is more to do with the upper limits of the coding - it isn't capable of generating more rooms at once than the current limit.

Presumably this is do with a map size constraint or memory constraint or something of that ilk where the system starts to break down if you try to expand it further.

That's the thing with older systems they are sort of like trying to stack a tower of non-matching blocks without any fore planning. Whilst theoretically there is nothing stopping you adding more blocks to the top doing so just results in the tower becoming progressively more unstable until it eventually collapses.

They were essentially designed in a time when the extreme upper limit of what was possible was a much lower bar, so by todays standards they are archaic and can't cope with what more modern coding could achieve.

@Dexter - using dg as a base for reworking construction certainly wouldn't be a bad idea, but they probably already thought of that and it wouldn't really reduce times that much. Whilst it would mean they would bypass the need to code a generate on entrance grid-room system they would still have to make it a save-state loading system not a random generation delete on exit one and rebuild the entire hotspot furniture system and rebuild the build-mode system etc. etc. Using dg would very much only give them the very very base line, a good 90% of the poh/building functionality would still need to be recoded ontop of it.

Plus the 1 year graphics thing only really applies for a purely graphical rework in the existing system - graphic time for a full rework would be lesser.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

I don't think cutscenes. :p I hope that it are islands, specific to each adventurer as Assassin or Whaler, with a specific use. In the picture above we can see a dungeoneering resource dungeon, which probably relates to the dungeoneering adventurer. We will propably be able to use those islands after a specific voyage unlock, for an axtra resource dungeon, but maybe even new fishing spots, a little hunt area, some slayer monsters, and so one. 

At least, I hope!

Once again: about the rework of houses: the battlefields you can build in your citadel, those could be used maybe for customised houses? There's the building aspect already, with placing very different stuff in patterns you like, it gets stored and opens up when you like. It basiccally has the two modes already, just like a POH has at the moment, with the same functions. You just have to add other 'building materials' to it. :p