Future Update Discussions

Cowman_133

Has anyone tried giving it to a demon flash mob boss or a character related to them(the one in edge monastery)? That's my guess anyway.

The other possibility is that it's not even released yet and will come with flash mobs update.

World Event III: Tuska

- Gielinor (Players) v Tuska

- Tuska will be accessed by lodestone

- Can represent Armadyl, Saradomin, Zamorak or Godless (Vorago/Scop)

- Can be won or lost by either side (Win, Lose and one other outcome)

- Every day is a new round

- Every day, players have to do X amount of damage to Tuska to win the day

- Tuska will adapt to the Event as it goes on

- Level and skill preferences are irrelevant

- Many different/unique ways to contribute to the fight

- Astromancers have figured out a way to teleport off Gielinor to Tuska

- Event activities will take place on islands/asteroids orbiting Tuska

- Travel from island to island, making your way to the front of Tuska

-Stab Tuska's weak point (front) with a Spear (deals damage)

- The spear is god-aligned

- Damage from each faction will be tracked and will feature in the consequences

- Doing activities give currency like previous

- Vorago will feature in the World Event (sides with the Godless)

- Not reliant on groups but works well with them

- No requirements

- Odds are the event will have an impact on the surface world (up to the players)

- Tiered Emotes and Warpriest rewards (with more unknown rewards)

- Different islands give different XP rewards (Agility is one of them)

- Ironman accounts may participate as far as you can expect an Ironman to

- Deaths in the event are safe

Concept Art

- Tuska

Cgqq4tg.png

- Tuska textures

di5Nfbh.jpg

- Island/Asteroid

f7UddPg.png

- Island/Asteroid II

qcMNGzC.png

- Spear to stab Tuska

nrQtjGL.png

- spear can become reward override

- Tuska's back/spine (placeholders)

sR7DlBD.png

- World Eater Warpriest Armour

TmxPZ3d.png

Boss Practice Mode

- 1st week of March

- Practice mode was once hinted at still giving pet drops

- Changed the Beasts tab to add a 'Learn' button - Bosses with rotations now state which rotation they are on

cWbo1.jpg

- Practice mode will be the current rotation of the boss

- 'Learn' opens up a text guide on attacks - clicking the eye shows the attack animation

cWbvL.jpg

- Instance system has a new interface (no longer question after question)

cWbFP.jpg

- You still have to pay for instance (might remove it)

- Armour still degrades for being in combat

- No XP or Drops are given in Practice mode

- Hardmode cannot be Practiced

- Instances can now be made for nearly all bosses

- Instances no longer collapse if they are empty

- Swapping from practice to regular retains the instance

- Helping people with sub 10 kills in a boss gives you points (Use points to buy a title, emote and Pet)

- Helping pet = "Cornelius."

f6RlL.jpg

Demon Flash Mobs Rework

- Release in two weeks

- Balance changes to make them more rewarding

- Spawn locations remain the same

- Items

f6N07.jpg

Demons can drop both prefix and suffix titles (Demonic title scroll)

- Title drops are tradeable, not a completionist requirement,  and really rare ('a bit rarer than the demon slayer armour')

- Drops Demon Claw to make new level 82 summoning pouches

- Familiars are aggressive

- Special attack is an AOE aggro

f6O81.jpg

- Demon Claw is tradeable ('fairly common'; 5 are dropped at a time; 8 if in the wilderness)

- Demon Brawler (Melee)

f6Nsz.jpg

- Demon Executioner

f6P27.jpg

- Deacon Demon

f6OrL.jpg

Reference note:

Thanks to Suitey for the compilation!

http://www.reddit.com/r/runescape/comments/2tvja9/tldw_040_world_event_iii_tuska_boss_practice_mode/

Maxed [February 14, 2012] | Completionist [October 25, 2012] | Trimmed Completionist [in Progress]

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

Godless being a 'side' is always a bit of a misnomer in terms of language. As a group they are kinda purposefully against being on a side.

But then language dictates that in an event where u can be x y or z all 3 are a side to pick/align with.

Its not entirely correct as descriptions go, but there isn't really a proper way to express the sentiment of their participation otherwise. 

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

Godless being a 'side' is always a bit of a misnomer in terms of language. As a group they are kinda purposefully against being on a side.

But then language dictates that in an event where u can be x y or z all 3 are a side to pick/align with.

Its not entirely correct as descriptions go, but there isn't really a proper way to express the sentiment of their participation otherwise.

They just want to ouste all of the gods and have the world as their own being let by the nations of men, etc. and by their own interests and not some mighty being.

Maxed [February 14, 2012] | Completionist [October 25, 2012] | Trimmed Completionist [in Progress]

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

They just want to ouste all of the gods and have the world as their own being let by the nations of men, etc. and by their own interests and not some mighty being.

That is certain the ethos of the Godless faction leaders specifically, the trouble is however those being lumped in with the godless of late are by no means members of the godless faction or part of that ethos. Many being lumped under that umbrella now are merely not aligned to a specific god or aligned to a particular cause or purpose that conflicts with a particular god.

For example in some of Vorago's dialogue stuff makes mention to the fact he is not opposed to the gods specifically (ie does not fit the Godless Faction ethos) he is however opposed to anything that damages Gielinor.

Vorago, for instance, is unlikely to care much at all about Seren, Zaros, Marimbo, Tumeken, Brassica or Armadyl as they (as far as we can see at present) want to be peaceful and not damage the world. Heck Vorago may even overtly support Zaros once the elder god stuff kicks off. Where as Vorago would actively opposed Zamorak, Sliske or Tuska as they just want to destory and make chaos and such and he would probably also get pissed at Saradomin given his methods in many cases.

Vorago therefore is godless in that he lacks affiliation to a specific god, but he is not Godless in the sense of being specifically opposed to all gods.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

That is certain the ethos of the Godless faction leaders specifically, the trouble is however those being lumped in with the godless of late are by no means members of the godless faction or part of that ethos. Many being lumped under that umbrella now are merely not aligned to a specific god or aligned to a particular cause or purpose that conflicts with a particular god.

For example in some of Vorago's dialogue stuff makes mention to the fact he is not opposed to the gods specifically (ie does not fit the Godless Faction ethos) he is however opposed to anything that damages Gielinor.

Vorago, for instance, is unlikely to care much at all about Seren, Zaros, Marimbo, Tumeken, Brassica or Armadyl as they (as far as we can see at present) want to be peaceful and not damage the world. Heck Vorago may even overtly support Zaros once the elder god stuff kicks off. Where as Vorago would actively opposed Zamorak, Sliske or Tuska as they just want to destory and make chaos and such and he would probably also get pissed at Saradomin given his methods in many cases.

Vorago therefore is godless in that he lacks affiliation to a specific god, but he is not Godless in the sense of being specifically opposed to all gods.

You have a point in this. The godless are in fact a ramshackle mob of individuals with similar goals, but are not unified like all the other factions. I believe all facets of the godless have an end goal, but that doesn't happen until after they've rid the world of the gods.

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

Minigame Spotlight - Approach

Gentlebeings,

We're looking to implement a system that increases focus on our main minigames on a permanent rolling basis. The goal is that games which are less often visited at the moment will be seen by more players, increasing the population of those games (and countering the self-reinforcing 'dead minigame' issue).

What we'll seek to do is provide a daily or weekly spotlight on the Big Eleven: Heist, Stealing Creation, Cabbage Facepunch Bonanza, Soul Wars, Barbarian Assault, Trouble Brewing, Flash Powder Factory, Fist of Guthix, Mobilising Armies, Great Orb Project and Castle Wars. Regardless of which option we go with, each of these minigames will spend a portion of every month offering additional benefits when played.

What we'll not seek to do for now is rebalance all the rewards for the listed minigames - that's a bigger job for the future.

The following options are approximately equal in development cost, and just show three different approaches to how that additional benefit would appear. I'm interested in your thoughts and preferences for which option we take further (or a hybrid of two options, etc).Option 1

A new shop is added to the game which sells Castle Wars / Void / Sacred Clay armour, altar teletabs, ring imbues and all the other minigame-only rewards.

Every day one minigame is spotlighted and will reward you for playing several rounds by giving you an amount of currency for this new shop.

TL;DR - Daily Challenges for minigames giving you currency for an all-minigames shop.Option 2

Every day one random minigame is spotlighted and throughout that day will give boosted rewards for playing it. These boosts would fit the Mad May / Winter Weekends pattern of double Zeal, double SC points, +1 ticket per Castle Wars game etc.

TL;DR - Mad May Minigame style boosts every day throughout the year.Option 3

Every weekend one minigame is spotlighted and throughout that weekend (12pm Friday game time to 12pm Monday game time) will give boosted rewards for playing it. These boosts would fit the Mad May / Winter Weekends pattern of double Zeal, double SC points, +1 ticket per Castle Wars game etc.

During that weekend you can vote for which minigame you'd like to see up next weekend (barring the three most recent so it's not just always Castle Wars).

TL;DR - Mad May Minigame style boosts every weekend throughout the year that you choose the rotation for.FAQQ: Hey, this was my idea ages ago!

A: That's not a question, but anyway - yep, we've seen this suggestion a number of times in the past, and it's a good one. Now the DEVCOM team exists, with its focus on supporting the community, and supporting the minigame-playing community is a good endeavour for us. Anyone who's posted a similar idea in the past feel free to contribute here (smile).Q: Why don't we just rework the minigames so they are no longer dead content?

A: In the longer term we want to revisit reward rates for minigames to ensure they're in line with today's standards, but that's a project larger than the DEVCOM team can commit to. The purpose of this Spotlight is to encourage more people to try more games and give them a reward for doing so, while at the same time concentrating the player count into games which in some cases need the help.Q: Would the minigame shop sell all the different bonus xp items?

A: No, we'd likely condense all of those down into one XP lamp or star option.Q: What about (other minigame not listed)?

A: In brief, it doesn't work for those games. Either they don't have a currency to tie into, or don't run in discrete game sessions, or don't offer any unique rewards barring XP, or a variety of other contraindications.Q: Does this mean I can just play my favourite minigame to get all the rewards if we choose option 1?

A: Yes, although you'd only see your favourite minigame an eleventh of the time, so you'd be far better off giving everything a go.Q: How will this affect hybrid armour?

A: Whichever option is chosen we'll ensure it has a slightly beneficial effect on the rate of gaining hybrid armour.Q: Will the shop have any unique rewards?

A: Yes, we'd have a couple of utility items you couldn't find elsewhere - consumables like Slayer VIP Tickets in theme - and probably a cosmetic to show off with.Q: Will this update have any negative effect on minigames highscores?

A: No, scores within the minigames themselves will remain the same process as currently. Unless your question means 'I'm scared more players means I'll lose my high slot', in which case get in there and defend your position.Q: Will this devalue the completionist cape?

A: I can't deny that eg the Castle Wars armour will be a small measure easier to get due to either of these Spotlight proposals. We'd balance its cost in minigame currency quite high if the first option were chosen, and in the latter case Castle Wars will only be an eleventh of the rotation, so the effect will be minor.

I am all for option 1 if it works for ironman too (except for the xp rewards)

http://sign.tip.it/1/2/79/260/essiw.png

Retired item crew

I would like to be credited as essiw at the website update & corrections forum. Thanks!

Interesting factoid thing from Mod Porky on twitter, total number of bosses killed since the counter update:

1c9Ekck.png

yqe0mrU.jpg

^^My blog of EoC PvM, lols and Therapy.^^

My livestream- Currently: Offline :(

Offical Harpy Therapist of the Mad

[hide=Lewtations]

Barrows drops: Dharok's helm x2, Guthan's helm, Ahrim's top, Hood and skirt, Torag's hammers, Karils skirt, Karil's top, Torag's helm, Verac's skirt, Verac's Flail, Dharok's Platebody.

Dag kings drops: Lost count! :wall:

4k+ Glacors, 7 Ragefires, 4 Steadfasts, 4 Glaivens, 400+ shards![/hide]

it would be more interesting/representative to see a graph where those numbers are multiplied by the average time per kill to see the difference in total hours spent killing the bosses by players. 

No, I mean I expected the total Jad count to be more than Har-aken's x 7, since in the Kiln you need to kill 7 Jadz before reaching the final wave. I guess they registered differently for Mod Porky's stats.

6Ij0n.jpg

In real life MMO you don't get 99 smithing by making endless bronze daggers.

No, I mean I expected the total Jad count to be more than Har-aken's x 7, since in the Kiln you need to kill 7 Jadz before reaching the final wave. I guess they registered differently for Mod Porky's stats.

That struck me as odd as well, I have something like 30 jad kills purely from kiln runs (2x7 for the mage and range capes and then a smattering from a couple of abortive 'oh dear god i didnt mean to click there' or 'oh joy lagspike mid-jad' attempts at said capes) so the counter in-game certainly seems to count them all.

I suppose the jad figure there could be sans kiln jads though.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

That's because everyone was awarded 1 Haraken kill on SR release if they had a Kiln Cape , but they weren't awarded 7 Jads as well to along with each Kiln. So yeah, the stat is probably accurate in terms of reflecting the boss counter tallies, but the boss counter themselves are messed up.

• Like 1

In the time frame though you'd expect the figures to have self corrected to be 7+:1 by this point though.

Lets say for example

At launch the system had 100 kiln and 100 jad pre-awarded

Each day there's 5 kiln kills, 5 cave kills and 3 extra jads from failed kilns

Using those figures it'd only take 75 days for the ratio to hit 7:1

In terms of the live game I'd say theres been plenty of time for the stats to naturally correct the ratio and even if there hasn't quite been I'd definitely expect the ratio to be much closer to 6:1 rather than only 4:1

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Rewards vary, usually good xp in some skills and then an assortment of unlockables that can be got elsewhere later on. Plus some limited time cosmetic overides usually get included.

Since this one will be different format to the previous 2 (and a bit) hard to say how much they will correlate on rewards though.

Please more glorious hybrid Warpriest with unique effects <3

edit: are they actually implenting that demon mobs rework?

Sway all day, Butterfly flaps all the way!  tumblr_inline_mp4i2qAGS11qz4rgp.gif

✿ ♥‿♥)

Rewards vary, usually good xp in some skills and then an assortment of unlockables that can be got elsewhere later on. Plus some limited time cosmetic overides usually get included.

Since this one will be different format to the previous 2 (and a bit) hard to say how much they will correlate on rewards though.

Please more glorious hybrid Warpriest with unique effects <3

edit: are they actually implenting that demon mobs rework?

I think their goal for the new demon familiars was to have an aoe version of a steel titan.

Just imagine how fast abby tasks and the like will go after release.

• Like 1

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

That's because everyone was awarded 1 Haraken kill on SR release if they had a Kiln Cape , but they weren't awarded 7 Jads as well to along with each Kiln. So yeah, the stat is probably accurate in terms of reflecting the boss counter tallies, but the boss counter themselves are messed up.

Interesting, so with this data and some assumptions, we can calculate that around 168k kilns have been completed post-counter, with around 125k players having completed the kiln at least once before the counter update.

6Ij0n.jpg

In real life MMO you don't get 99 smithing by making endless bronze daggers.