01-Jul-2014 - Pest Control - Improved Rewards

Not happy with the queueing fix- and really suffering as I relied on it so much. Pretty sure it's gonna be a while before my Nex solos/Vorago kills are anywhere near as fast as they were pre-update. :wall:

(As for barb fishing dropping now being 1041341341x easier? Brb 99 fishing)

What makes barb fishing faster now?

Runescape player since 2005
Ego Sum Deus Quo Malum Caligo et Barathum

I assume the lp bonuses for this would remain

Doubt it, they specifically said only top end armours (nex, pop and the t90s) would have any lp bonuses.

Superior void doesn't even come close to be that top end.

It probably requires more time to get (and upgrade) than some higher-end sets, and has worse defense stats than Adamant.

Not happy with the queueing fix- and really suffering as I relied on it so much. Pretty sure it's gonna be a while before my Nex solos/Vorago kills are anywhere near as fast as they were pre-update. :wall:

but can u outdps me with a cstaff?

• Like 1

best drops (reasonably accurate/up to date): 1x Elysian Sigil (LS), 1x Arcane Sigil (cs), 4x Armadyl Hilt (solo at 100m, 100m, 50m, and 5m), 2x Saradomin Hilt (solo at 25m), 5x Draconic Visage (34m,1.2m,1.2m) and various cs/ls/ffa Nex splits.
Drygore Drops: 7 Longswords, 3 Maces, 3 Rapiers, 3 Off-hand Rapiers,  5 Off-hand Maces, 3 Off-hand Longswords

ROTS Shields: 12  Seismics: 16

Ascension Crossbows: 6  Spider Legs: 10

Countless Armadyl armour pieces, Saradomin amulets, Dragon Hatchets, and Fremenik Rings.
Range~Herblore~Construction~Constitution~Defence~Farming~Magic~Attack~Prayer~Strength~Summoning~Slayer~Mining~Dungeoneering~Firemaking~Agility~Magic Mastery~Summoning Mastery~Cooking~Smithing~Fletching~Thieving~Hunter~Woodcutting~Fishing~Runecrafting

Barbarian fishing to level 99, nub? Do it the real way and get it by fishing rockies like me :p

Also: Good update, though not really aimed at my tier. T52 armour, level 75 weapon? For all that work? Nty.

lGxorje.png

Add me if you so wish: SwreeTak

Is it me or 350 commendations for an T75 offhand is a bit of an overkill ...

Assuming veteran and 2 minutes per game - that's like 3 hours to get. And Zamorakian Spear is sitting there for less than 4m.

• Like 2

i'm more surprised that jessika had anything like a sword

*reads*

oh, well that's just a second korasi's blade, isn't it game

I wonder if it'll boost the special attack or anything

8f14270694.jpg

At first reading the patch notes I thought the ability queuing meant they fixed the thing with Concentrated Blast.

Then I tried Pest Control out a few games.

My thresholds would be "queued" but might not even fire off until the portal was already dead, at which point they would just stop glowing and be canceled.

What is this shit? What exactly was intended to be fixed??

2dgucz6.png

The reasoning behind their fix was good, but they forgot that when people queued abilities it wasn't always straight after their previous ability fired off L

They made it so the ability would fire off exactly 3 ticks after you queued it(provided the ability is off cooldown), so if you queue it when you have 1 tick left on its cooldown, then you have to wait 3 ticks instead of 1.

When queuing abilities, the cooldown was meant to be 3 ticks, but abusing the queuing glitch made it so the ability fired off after 2 ticks.

The way they made it means that if you use your abilities the way you would have used them when using the glitch, then the ability would fire off after 3 ticks like normal.

However they forgot that many people queued their abilities at various different times, not right after firing off an ability to abuse the bug.

So basically all the fix does is prevent people from abusing ability queuing glitch while also screwing over every other legitimate user. =D>

• Like 1

This makes me not even want to play at the moment. It may not sound that bad at first glance, but to someone who primarily does combat, it certainly is.

I have the most fun when I'm slaying at what I believe to be my fastest. Since picking up Ranged, I've also begun doing a rotation at most Slayer monsters where it's possible:

Basics -> Death's Swiftness -> Basics (probably kills 2-3 Abyssal Demons or Dark Beasts, for example) -> Shadow Tendril (usually 1-hit kill) -> Snapshot (also 1-hit) | Rapid Fire (after Swiftness) -> Basic -> Snapshot -> Basics -> Swiftness (repeat) |

Timed correctly, both those thresholds would be under the effects of Swiftness. This was difficult to do as I use Revolution for a compromise of convenience and that would already previously interfere with timing, meaning I just barely got off those thresholds before Swiftness ended.

Keeping up such a pace constantly is actually rather challenging, but felt rewarding knowing I could kill hundreds of the highest level Slayer monsters in an hour by putting in extra effort... And that's just it. High KPH should be a reward for the extra effort required.

The lag time now with thresholds means that after I have Swiftness active, I'll be able to get out one threshold at best under its duration, and possibly not even on the correct target, or not at full health of the target (massive overkill).

There are so many other areas that it will slow me down at now too. Too many to list. I don't know what "bug" they thought they were fixing but once again they're punishing everybody for what only a small group of people were doing.

2dgucz6.png

for the record, it is possible to get commodore tyr to upgrade a superior normal void top/legs to a superior elite void top/legs (he has dialogue option for this), rather than needing to upgrade to elite first than patch it.

tim_chenw2.png
6,924th to 30 hunting, 13,394th to 30 summoning, 52,993rd to 30 Divination

Kiln Record (Post-EoC): W 25 - L 0, 14 Uncut Onyx, 8 Jad hits received (Best record: Two in the same kiln)
Obby set renewed post update #2: 0

QBD drops: 21 crossbow parts, 3 Visages, 1 Kites, 2 Kits

Max Port Score [2205] Achieved: 27th April 2013 (World 2nd)

Farmyard Rampage ranking: 12th, 50,000 Kills.

Dragon Pickaxe Drops: 1 (Times after I first entered Battlefield: 2h)

IMO it should just have been obtained as a reward for the quest alongside Korasi's and re-buyable for 250k if lost.

Actual good obtainable stuff to PK with?

jagex wouldn't do that :x

Sway all day, Butterfly flaps all the way!  tumblr_inline_mp4i2qAGS11qz4rgp.gif

✿ ♥‿♥)

At first reading the patch notes I thought the ability queuing meant they fixed the thing with Concentrated Blast.

Then I tried Pest Control out a few games.

My thresholds would be "queued" but might not even fire off until the portal was already dead, at which point they would just stop glowing and be canceled.

What is this shit? What exactly was intended to be fixed??

Yeah now I can't even spamclick my tresholds anymore, lets do ten autoattacks, five shitty basics then fire off the treshold.

woop dee doo nothing registers, everything out of sync. away with the ticksystem.

YAY LEGACY WOO

Sway all day, Butterfly flaps all the way!  tumblr_inline_mp4i2qAGS11qz4rgp.gif

✿ ♥‿♥)