Legacy Mode – Launching Monday 14th (+Legacy Discussion)

Tim

You could use two AGS specs, then run somewhere to get out of combat and switch back to full manual. Repeat every 5 minutes where feasible@@

• Like 1

6Ij0n.jpg

In real life MMO you don't get 99 smithing by making endless bronze daggers.

They have, it's just that they have gone back down now that people finally realized that Legacy wasn't actually Jagex removing EoC.

That and everyone who wanted a pair already bought one.

fairly certain that legacy mode barraging with seismics will be the GOAT training method for all slayer tasks etc until they nerf it.

• Like 1

best drops (reasonably accurate/up to date): 1x Elysian Sigil (LS), 1x Arcane Sigil (cs), 4x Armadyl Hilt (solo at 100m, 100m, 50m, and 5m), 2x Saradomin Hilt (solo at 25m), 5x Draconic Visage (34m,1.2m,1.2m) and various cs/ls/ffa Nex splits.
Drygore Drops: 7 Longswords, 3 Maces, 3 Rapiers, 3 Off-hand Rapiers,  5 Off-hand Maces, 3 Off-hand Longswords

ROTS Shields: 12  Seismics: 16

Ascension Crossbows: 6  Spider Legs: 10

Countless Armadyl armour pieces, Saradomin amulets, Dragon Hatchets, and Fremenik Rings.
Range~Herblore~Construction~Constitution~Defence~Farming~Magic~Attack~Prayer~Strength~Summoning~Slayer~Mining~Dungeoneering~Firemaking~Agility~Magic Mastery~Summoning Mastery~Cooking~Smithing~Fletching~Thieving~Hunter~Woodcutting~Fishing~Runecrafting

You could use two AGS specs, then run somewhere to get out of combat and switch back to full manual. Repeat every 5 minutes where feasible@@

They could solve this by making weapon special attacks consistent over the 2 modes. So no matter what mode you're in, you can only do 2 AGS specs per 5 minutes.

I suggested having a completely separate Special Attack bar in EoC mode on RSOF, but I put it in the wrong subforum so instead of looking at my idea people just repeatedly said "wrong forum"

In legacy mode, you start out with 100% special attack, but in EOC mode, special attack is drained from adr, so you start with it negative, right?

Sounds about right. Which leaves me wondering if Legacy /may/ be the best dps for short-term burst damage. Past an initial spec or 2, I'm sure EOC will remain supreme. But for something that doesn't have very high lp or perhaps a larger group?

Won't EoC have "frame-advantage" or able to compose more damage in the tick then legacy could? We don't neccesarily have to wait for certain animations to finish.

Sway all day, Butterfly flaps all the way!  tumblr_inline_mp4i2qAGS11qz4rgp.gif

✿ ♥‿♥)

I honestly think that some of the way you guys think is ridiculously stupid, you are all judging something that none of you know how will turn out! Legacy mode was made as a choice, which is why we can flick it on and off. ITS NOT JAGEX GOING BACK ON OLD DRAWINGS! Its them listening to what they have been told FROM YOU GUYS! They can't be expected to make good updates if you guys say yes then as soon as they brought it out you all whinge and cry? Its been brought out pretty fast because there would've been alot of devlopers on it i'd assume and it's something that has pre-existed so its not too hard to tweak and change for the current live game, they know what they are doing.
I would love to see you guys try and code runescape like jagex does, and then have a bunch of idiots talk down on something you worked pree' hard for.  I personally think its a great update because it gives us choice and variety, I myself love EOC but think legacy mode is a great idea.

Its as simple as if you don't like it, don't put it down. Give players who are wiling to play legacy mode a chance to play without negative opinions in the back of there mind, and don't assume things when you havn't seen it. No one knows how legacy mode will change the live game so don't go on ranting about it being all pre-hype and it'll die off and become dead content in a few weeks like your from the future or something?

Honestly this thread actually annoyed the crap out of me reading your comments.

Runescape is a haven..

I honestly think that some of the way you guys think is ridiculously stupid, you are all judging something that none of you know how will turn out! Legacy mode was made as a choice, which is why we can flick it on and off. ITS NOT JAGEX GOING BACK ON OLD DRAWINGS! Its them listening to what they have been told FROM YOU GUYS! They can't be expected to make good updates if you guys say yes then as soon as they brought it out you all whinge and cry? Its been brought out pretty fast because there would've been alot of devlopers on it i'd assume and it's something that has pre-existed so its not too hard to tweak and change for the current live game, they know what they are doing.

I would love to see you guys try and code runescape like jagex does, and then have a bunch of idiots talk down on something you worked pree' hard for.  I personally think its a great update because it gives us choice and variety, I myself love EOC but think legacy mode is a great idea.

Its as simple as if you don't like it, don't put it down. Give players who are wiling to play legacy mode a chance to play without negative opinions in the back of there mind, and don't assume things when you havn't seen it. No one knows how legacy mode will change the live game so don't go on ranting about it being all pre-hype and it'll die off and become dead content in a few weeks like your from the future or something?

1) It is Jagex going back on 'old drawings' - they are emulating old combat

2) We do 'know how it will turn out' we have a beta server and have plenty of experience with Jagex, Runescape, gaming and how these things go. (Return of pking anyone?). Sure we may not be psychic and know with 100% certainty, but we've been round this merry-go-round many times already to see how things go. The pk revival fails because people magically lose interest when the free gear of beta servers is gone, the desire to top end pvm which can't be done in legacy weeds out most serious combatants from using lesser modes and the majority of the rest of the flock ends up following, at least roughly, the metagame advice of how to achieve best dps.

3) No-one has said yes then changed their mind - not here anyway. Everyone has pretty much stuck to their guns opinion wise on legacy from the moment it was first suggested to now.

4) Just because we don't think it do well does not mean we are not entitled to air our opinions, just like you are are allowed to be positive about it. There is no way we should just essentially shut up and NOT give our opinions as you suggest just because we happen to disagree with you. That's utterly stupid and rude to suggest, especially in the context of an update that only even get conceived thanks to NEGATIVE opinions being aired about eoc.

• Like 2

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

It's a shame that with Legacy mode we go back to the old animations and stances. I love the new models and fighting emotes and moves I just want simple old combat back hehe.

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12

It's a shame that with Legacy mode we go back to the old animations and stances. I love the new models and fighting emotes and moves I just want simple old combat back hehe.

Once more, "legacy mode" is

- auto attacks

- old combat animations

- old style interface

If you just want old style combat, use momentum. Exact same thing. It is auto attacks.

• Like 1

Runescape player since 2005
Ego Sum Deus Quo Malum Caligo et Barathum

Lol, do you even read beta forums. Yeah, i'm sure legacy will have noooooo effect at all on EoC :facepalm:

Sway all day, Butterfly flaps all the way!  tumblr_inline_mp4i2qAGS11qz4rgp.gif

✿ ♥‿♥)

Once more, "legacy mode" is

- auto attacks

- old combat animations

- old style interface

If you just want old style combat, use momentum. Exact same thing. It is auto attacks.

But silly lifepoints and hits. We aren't able to pick and choose which legacy elements we want. It's either/or. :(

• Like 1

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12