26-Aug-2014: Barbarian Assault Redux

BloodAngel

This one:

Abyssal_demon_concept_art.jpg

• Like 1

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

This one:

Abyssal_demon_concept_art.jpg

And yet somehow we got stuck with the abyssal fish for a replacement.

250px-Abyssal_demon.png

I think they look somewhat similar. You can't expect the concept art to look EXACTLY like the ingame model, that's just not going to happen. 

• Like 1

user1-dark.png 

Huge_Noob.png

True, but they could have changed the color palette and use different texture materials to get a better result while using the same model and not looking like a aquanite dipped in florb.

• Like 1

Popoto.~<3

Just like the kurask which now resembles a green Jad. :s

I am pleased with a lot of the latest graphical updates to slayer monsters, but these seem a bit "low tech 2010 stylish".

I have the same problem with all the penance monsters, they are now all green blobs. :s There aren't really good characteristics to differentiate them all (especially when they mob up in Hardmode wave 8).

So question

Are any of the new rewards worth getting?

I'd say the collector's insignia is worth it. It's a pocket slot item that acts as a ring of wealth with added benefits. It also frees up your ring slot for something more useful.

• Like 1
Sylpheed.png

Are there teams getting consistent kills?

Also i think the screen freeze/dc is from teleporting or moving from on location to the next.

And yeah the collectors insignia is by far worth it. I think healers and attackers might be interesting alternatives for rocktail soup and cruelty scrimshaw.

Maxed [February 14, 2012] | Completionist [October 25, 2012] | Trimmed Completionist [in Progress]

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

when the insignia is charged up, it acts like two rings of wealth

man, such progress, it's like we have more than one finger or something

i think the other insignias are worth getting too because if you're doing five penance king kills, you're gonna have enough rounds to max out every role and then some, and it doesn't hurt to have some combat based pocket slot items (esp when you could use some extra protection in future ba runs)

healer insignia gives a big ol 10 prayer boost in your pocket regardless of being charged or not (the charged food bonus ain't really that much)

attacker insignia randomly applies dot to your attacks

defender insignia adds armor as if it were an extra armor accessory piece (and doubles it if you're using a shield)

edit: just checked, doesn't stack with row

8f14270694.jpg

I haven't played this yet; probably will soon. BA used to be pretty much my favorite minigame; I was a damn good healer, and solid at everything else (didn't att much because of low combat levels/high supply of others wanting to do that). I really like adding the option to put the horn calls on the ability bar; that's gonna be quite convenient.

I think it'd be obvious that with the way Revolution works, you can't use it in BA. Just not gonna work well, heh.

the ridiculous thing is that they actually required a queen kill post update when the rewards menu clearly remembers that as a requirement for buying a granite plate

I don't think that's because of a technical limitation; I think that's to get people used to the changes from this update before taking on hardmode. It makes sense, I think.

Obtained quest cape and base 92 before obtaining any 99s! Currently finishing out my 99s with the (long-distant) goal of comp cape.
Sorator.png
260pifq.jpg

gMIy8.jpg

the only real thing you need to know is that eggs do different things and the monsters look different to get back into it, but then hard mode is completely different from normal mode so it's like why did they even bother when you're gonna shove the player off a cliff anyway

normal mode doesn't even come close to preparing you for the madness that happens in hard mode, like enemies suddenly gaining adrenaline and the coordination to pile targets, healers that require 8+ hits with food (and being given exactly 1 more hp than it would take to kill it cleanly) getting ai that makes them run away to the far edges of the map all the way outside the view of any player (emphasis on being able to run which means that chasing them is as nigh pointless as attempting to heal a player that is for some reason, running away from you while you're trying to heal them) or stack in one spot on top of each other while clinging to an enemy, and runners self destructing without any kind of previous warning (AOOOOGAH), which will immediately kill any expert defender that stacks the runners and doesn't run out of range of the explosions (or anybody else for that matter, such as a healer trying to help the defender)

nor does the tutorial board cover this, and the king manual is intentionally vague and doesn't mention things like people reading scroll words too early prevents the king from dropping scrolls for a good 10 or 20 seconds (or hell, that you're SUPPOSED to hit the invincible, not taking any damage boss to get scrolls while the game immediately says that your attacks aren't having any effect in order to distract you from the scroll's dropping), or what the [bleep] the poison meat dispenser does or that it actually exists, and that only some roles can use the anvil but the other roles aren't prevented from picking up buckets

the game fully intends to kill you several times to teach you, but makes you endure an entire enemy wave every time just to get to the point where you start being able to "learn" (die)

this scenario begs for people to exploit flaws in AI patterns in order to simplify the entire thing (like encouraging healers to corner themselves in a stupid location where they can't run or grouping attacking enemies into clusters to be egg bombed), but as soon as people find them it is likely that jagex will decide that it's against the spirit of the game (aka what they think is the "right way" to play based on their limited understanding of their own game and playerbase/complete lack of ability playing their own game) and screw with the design to make it annoying again

• Like 1

8f14270694.jpg

Good post by Mod Timbo with this week's update about the ring of wealth (and collector's insignia).

Hey guys,

The Ring of Wealth has been a pretty controversial and hot topic of conversation across the RuneScape community for many, many years. With loads of different theories, conspiracies and misconceptions about what the ring does, how it interacts with drops and with what you can use it with - it's time to clarify it once and for all. I will only be talking about how it effects drops from monsters in terms of PvM - the effects of it in skilling is pretty well known by now and doesn't require explanation (but feel free to say otherwise and could update it in future).

I posted about it before in this forum but I'll briefly run through how the Ring of Wealth works in terms of drops.

The loot system in RuneScape is a random roll of a certain number, for example 100, and depending on what number you "roll" when the monster dies depends on what loot you get from it. Typically, all of the good or rare loot in this example would require you to roll a 1 out of 100. What the Ring of Wealth does is to decrease the roll number so that you have a better chance of getting the good stuff. For example, it would decrease the roll from 100 to 90 meaning that you have a 1/90 chance at rare stuff instead of 1/100.

There are two different scenarios that the Ring of Wealth does this, it is either only on specific rare drops or it is for the entire drop table where the rare drops are on 1/2/3/4/5 rolls. So for some real examples of this:

The chance of getting an Abyssal Whip is 1/1024 but with a Ring of Wealth it is 1/1017 and none of the regular drops are affected.

The bodyguards at Armadyl God Wars (Flockleader Geerin, Flight Kilisa and Wingman Skree) have a 1/128 chance to have another chance at the rare items from Kree'arra. With the Ring of Wealth equipped, this then becomes a 1/127 chance but it also reduces the chance at 1,000-2,000 coins because it decreased the whole drop table and not just the rare items.

For this reason, I'll be splitting the list of monsters effected by the Ring of Wealth into two: one that only has its rare drops effected by the Ring of Wealth and another that has its entire drop table effected as a result of wearing the ring.

Only rare drops effected

Skeletal Horror - Increased chance at obtaining a Crystal Triskelion piece

Cave Horror - Increased chance at a Black Mask

Mutated Jadinko Male - Increased chance at a Crystal Triskelion piece and Vine Whip

Tormented Demons - Increased chance at obtaining Dragon Platebody clumps

Dark Beast - Increased chance at obtaining a Crystal Triskelion piece and Dark Bow

Aquanite - Increased chance at obtaining an Amulet of Ranging

Glacor - Increased chance at obtaining Glaiven, Steadfast or Ragefire Boots

Automatons - Increased chance at Cresbot pet and Pneumatic, Static or Tracking Gloves

Tormented Wraith - Increase chance at obtaining Holy Elixir

Mithril Dragon - Increased chance at obtaining a Dragon Full Helm

Legio bosses - Increased chance at obtaining a Crystal Triskelion piece

Dust Devil - Increased chance at obtaining a Dragon Chainbody

Skeletal Wyvern - Increased chance at obtaining Granite Legs

Strykewyrms - Increase chance at all rare drops (Focus Sight, Hexcrest and Staff of Light)

Ice Strykewyrm - Increased chance at obtaining a Crystal Triskelion piece

Ganodemic Beast - Increased chance at obtaining a Crystal Triskelion piece

Rare Drop Table (Super) - Increased chance at obtaining a Crystal Triskelion piece

Abyssal Demon - Increased chance at obtaining a Crystal Triskelion piece, Abyssal Wand/Orb or Abyssal Whip

Gargoyle - Increased chance at obtaining a Granite Maul

Nechryael - Increased chance at obtaining Rune Boots

Whole drop table effected

Daggannoth Kings - Increased chance at Dragon Hatchet

GWD Bosses - Increased chance at each bosses respective rare loot (doesn't work with WE2 abilities or warpriest pieces)

GWD Bodyguards - Increased chance at each bosses respective rare loot (doesn't work with WE2 abilities or warpriest pieces)

Spiritual Mages - Increased chance at Dragon Boots

Chaos Elemental - Increased chance at Dragon 2h Sword

Exiled and normal Kalphite Queens - Increased chance at Dragon Chainbody

Kalphite King - Increased chance at Drygore weaponry

Exiled Soldier and Guardian - Have no rare drops but RoW does affect drop tables

Tormented Demons - Increased chance at Dragon Claws and Dragon Limbs

Corporeal Beast - Increased chance at a sigil drop

Nex - Increased chance at all rare drops

Rare Drop Table (Gem Table) - Increase chance at Dragonstones and chance to get on to rarer RDT items

I hope all of that made sense and those people who are interested in drops, the Ring of Wealth etc find it useful. If there's any questions or comments, let me know here or feel free to ask on @JagexTimbo on Twitter.

Timbo

[qfc]19-20-606-65469068[/qfc]

6Ij0n.jpg

In real life MMO you don't get 99 smithing by making endless bronze daggers.

Collector's Insignia makes that 1/1010 or 1/226! Nerf needed ASAP!

yqe0mrU.jpg

^^My blog of EoC PvM, lols and Therapy.^^

My livestream- Currently: Offline :(

Offical Harpy Therapist of the Mad

[hide=Lewtations]

Barrows drops: Dharok's helm x2, Guthan's helm, Ahrim's top, Hood and skirt, Torag's hammers, Karils skirt, Karil's top, Torag's helm, Verac's skirt, Verac's Flail, Dharok's Platebody.

Dag kings drops: Lost count! :wall:

4k+ Glacors, 7 Ragefires, 4 Steadfasts, 4 Glaivens, 400+ shards![/hide]