[Update] Ironman & Drop Table Reworks

Miss Lioness

Dark beasts seem underwhelming in their drops. The noted herbs are high level and somewhat frequent, but are only 1-2. The notable drops are the 8-9k+ coins, rune chains and fulls that are good alchables. Tge uncommon 6 addy ore is nice too. Comaring this to the gargoyle and spectre drop tables i feel that the level 95 slayer creature needs more umph.

They're only level 90 slayer creatures....

I'm enjoying Ironman so far. I'm using it as an opportunity to learn a lot of the game that I missed while I wasn't playing. I've already done some quests and content that I had no idea existed and I'm sure I'll find more and more as I go.

capiB.jpg

T O P L E L

Since when is 35 an achievement of any sort? I wasn't aware that just because it's ironman suddenly every easy-to-do thing becomes an uber achievement. It's like all those annoying pictures on reddit along the lines of "first ironman to kill chicken". Yeah...

FIRST HARDCORE IRONMAN TO DIE being the important part here.  The level 35 part just added for kicks. A non-issue being stirred up. (Not shocked).

capiB.jpg

T O P L E L

Since when is 35 an achievement of any sort? I wasn't aware that just because it's ironman suddenly every easy-to-do thing becomes an uber achievement. It's like all those annoying pictures on reddit along the lines of "first ironman to kill chicken". Yeah...

The achievement is being the first permadeath, apparently. 35 total is just a "plus".

That's more like the person with account name "rezzerzer" was just being an insane jerk, and utterly rude to everyone else.  They simply wanted to steal the notification for the First PermaDeath before anyone else could get to it, instead of allowing it to happen naturally to the first player who truly and honestly screwed up.  Shame on them, and may someone get very lucky and PK that particular user's Non-Ironman Main several times over!!! :angry:

We had better hope there's one for maxed total, as well as for certain other milestones, seeing as that opening notifier just got abused in the absolute most-horrific way. :notalk:

~Mr. D. V. "I may be sick of RuneScape, but that's just wrong!" Devnull

Your typical post quality is noted, but I'll take the bait. Chances are that they (like myself, using the screenie above) were testing out the system. Was anyone aware there would be a global message to inform us first death would get a global?

Please. Go back into your hole

• Like 6

[bleep] OFF HOW ARE U SO [bleep]ING LUCKY U PIECE OF [bleep]ING SHIT [bleep] [bleep] [wagon] MUNCHER

Mutated bloodvelds are still bad... notable drops are 2-3k coin drops, 5 gold ore, 3 mith ore, 5 coal note drops. They upgraded them to drop mith plates and addy chains.

• Like 1

Maxed [February 14, 2012] | Completionist [October 25, 2012] | Trimmed Completionist [in Progress]

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

I've no interest in Iron Man; I've barely enough time or will to train my real account these days, but I won't knock it til I try it, so to speak. :P

The reworks seem underwhelming, but the boots look good at least, lol. I'm disappointed Dark Beasts didn't seem to receive any "great" drops like Abyssal Demons did with their rework; it seems like it would have been the perfect opportunity for level 90 Ranged boots.

• Like 1

2dgucz6.png

I've no interest in Iron Man; I've barely enough time or will to train my real account these days, but I won't knock it til I try it, so to speak. :P

The reworks seem underwhelming, but the boots look good at least, lol. I'm disappointed Dark Beasts didn't seem to receive any "great" drops like Abyssal Demons did with their rework; it seems like it would have been the perfect opportunity for level 90 Ranged boots.

I was thinking the same thing or at least some more decent drops. Because the dsrk beasts are so closely tied to the elven story line they could have had them drop corrupt ore or something.

Maxed [February 14, 2012] | Completionist [October 25, 2012] | Trimmed Completionist [in Progress]

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

It's definitely an opportunity missed, the reason I often cancel tasks like dark beasts is because without the excitement of at least a chance of a rare unique drop, it is deathly dull to just kill for regular mediocre drops.     The drops they are adding to monsters seem to be increasingly homogeneous and dull at the moment : lants, dwarf weeds, addy bars and ore, and coal seem to be the answer to every drop table with Mod Timbo.

Yeah, next thing they are going to do is have monsters drop noted bones... oh, wait, dagannoth kings already do that... I'm also quite bitter about herbicide as some people have mentioned. It's as though they have no idea about any previous updates they've made and are constantly just winging it with the items they put on drop tables making absolutely no sense at all...

• Like 1

First to 99 Farming on 27. September, 2005.

First to 3766 Port Score on 20. March, 2014.

First to 4664 Port Score on 2. March, 2015.

Dark beasts should be getting a drop table improvement with the Elf Task Set. Hopefully it'll include a new unique item, but currently these guys are horrible compared to abyssal demons. The drops are really, really boring too ...

6Ij0n.jpg

In real life MMO you don't get 99 smithing by making endless bronze daggers.

Dark beast drop table was improved, and I don't see what the nagging is about.

Coin drops ranging from 8-15k (commonly, i picked up over 700k on 350 kills), death runes now 10 instead of 3, 6 noted adam ore drop (I got 200+ adam ore from 350 beasts),  and a good bunch of noted toadflax (most common, 2 at a time), lanta and dwarf weed (one at a time).

In total I netted around 2.5m worth of drops in 350 dark beasts, which is alot more then I hoped for.

Vmser.png

That gold accumulator is looking more and more worthwhile

Only problem is that you are paying one dungeoneering token for every 17 gp picked up. In comparison, the price when recharging chaotics is one token for every 90 gp. I still won't be picking up much of anything at dark beasts since the drops are all spread around too evenly.

• Like 1

First to 99 Farming on 27. September, 2005.

First to 3766 Port Score on 20. March, 2014.

First to 4664 Port Score on 2. March, 2015.

solution to bad drop tables: devalue all resource gathering skills

note all drops so that item crushers don't work on them

I mean, off the top of my head I can't really think of any other way to improve drop tables without causing a ton of gold inflation or giving every single monster some kind of unique useful drop. Unless monsters dropped temporary "buffs" or gave more XP instead of giving more valuable items.

77yLQy8.png

I made a hardcore account on a whim.

The setup process is beyond assnine.

I didn't want the bullshit validation.

It dumped me back into normal mode.

I didn't notice and created a normal account.

On the second go I had to lie and told it yes, then closed the browser and when it dumped me into normal it allowed me to switch to hardcore then it asked like 5  times are you sure in the form of wall of text. 5 TIMES!

Never seen such retarded bullshit.

Exclusive Legacy Mode Player

Golvellius.png

He just successfully trolled you with "courtesy" and managed to get a reaction out of you. Lol

On the second go I had to lie and told it yes, then closed the browser and when it dumped me into normal it allowed me to switch to hardcore then it asked like 5  times are you sure in the form of wall of text. 5 TIMES!

If this is any consolation, system update shortly:

Hey all,

There will be a system update in approximately 30 minutes time. This is to make the Ironman account creation process a bit more simple, as a lot of players are creating non-ironman accounts by mistake.

Apologies for the inconvenience,
Mod Easty

"Fight for what you believe in, and believe in what you're fighting for." Can games be art?

---

cWCZMZO.png

l1M6sfb.png

My blog here if you want to check out my Times articles and other writings! I always appreciate comments/feedback.

Sorry, stupid auto correct plus being in a rush..

What about accounts mistaking made as normal? If they are addressing that at first it was confusing to create them as iron,I world like to see a way to convert new accounts into iron... I know some people who screwed up and made normal accounts during the first few hours..

• Like 1

Runescape player since 2005
Ego Sum Deus Quo Malum Caligo et Barathum

Well...too bad I guess?  If I had tried to create an Ironman character I would have wondered what happened to my title for one thing.  It's also quite easy to abuse and I don't know that Jagex wants to verify that all such accounts are legit...

"Fight for what you believe in, and believe in what you're fighting for." Can games be art?

---

cWCZMZO.png

l1M6sfb.png

My blog here if you want to check out my Times articles and other writings! I always appreciate comments/feedback.

You know how the community is though :P.  If people are really so crazy about Ironman, they'll moan about a few hours or a day of wasted effort but they'll start again and do it anyway.

---

cWCZMZO.png

l1M6sfb.png

On the second go I had to lie and told it yes, then closed the browser and when it dumped me into normal it allowed me to switch to hardcore then it asked like 5 times are you sure in the form of wall of text. 5 TIMES!

It was extremely straight forward. You didn't have to setup the authorizer, but you do understand why they highly suggest it right? The walls of text weren't pointless and explained it all.

Tranquil.png

[2:21:46 PM] Baldvin | Leik: these comp reqs are so bad

[2:22:36 PM] Arceus Dark: Time to get...req'd?