10th Nov 2014 - Prifddinas - Lost City of the Elves - Part 2

Tim

The sad part is that most of those 'fixes' should have been done through testing and development, not 3-4 weeks after the fact, when the update was already released and people had to sit through their bullshit requirements.

Seriously, they are now thinking of making titles trim only instead of Comp? Or making Dungeoneering Recipes purchasable through tokens for a high cost? Why? Did they not realize there were plenty of people with 120 DG or 200M Dungeoneering with lots of tokens who would have loved to spend tokens on recipes instead of wasting their time, or going without Comp?

They are just now going to write up a piece on 'guidelines' about what to expect for 'Comp and Trim reqs'?

If they can't properly assess the implications of their own updates, then they either need to open beta servers for this sort of stuff, OR give Comp Cape a grace period, so we aren't forced to either go without comp and wait weeks until they fix their ill-planned requirements, or actually suffer through them. This stuff is infuriating.

While i think you are exaggerating the issue i do agree that jagex should have beta servers for prereleases. They should do private invites based on players willingness to explore content and offer like-minded criticism.

Maxed [February 14, 2012] | Completionist [October 25, 2012] | Trimmed Completionist [in Progress]

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

I don't understand the whole 120 dung/200m dung argument, if they weren't 120 dung then comp isn't a problem to start with, if they choose to get 200m xp, they choose to do that. There are people with 200m all skills, does that mean they should drop all requirements that involve getting xp?

• Like 1
baileydafrog.png

I can see their point about textures with the elf clans, but I also don't see why they can't work around it.

Minecraft manages to make loads of different grassy terrains and tree types using only 1 grass block and 1 leaf block texture, both in greyscale.

Instead of pushing texture limitations just make the clothing texture, or parts of it, greyscale and then apply a coloured filter based on the npc type.

All in all I'm pleased with that change list, only one that sounds a bit eh to me is the cleansing stones - to me the issue wasn't that it was too slow it was that we were sold on a cheap, afk but slow prayer training method what we got is a method barely less expensive than d bones that isn't really anymore or less afk than altaring.

For me the fix would be slashing the stones to like 1/30 of their current price but making them take 5-7 minutes per stone with pretty much no change the xp rate - then we have exactly what we were sold a prayer training method that is cheap and very afk but at the price of being very slow.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

Cleansing crystals are currently worse xp/gp and xp/hr than dragon bones, so yeah, they definitely need to look into altering their cost.

Who balanced this again?

• Like 1

6Ij0n.jpg

In real life MMO you don't get 99 smithing by making endless bronze daggers.

Cleansing crystals are currently worse xp/gp and xp/hr than dragon bones, so yeah, they definitely need to look into altering their cost.

Who balanced this again?

Not Mod Mark, no rune platebodies involved.

• Like 1

SLwQsg1.png

"Unfortunately, the real world isn't the same as a fairy tale."

Did you do the whole dungeon? I've found the yak recipe like 2 doors away, or in a different room near me and not the first one opened

R.I.P. The olde nite. A legend is gone but not forgotten.

a Faction Related Item Sink for Rune Labs. https://[LikelyScam]/m=player-proposal/a=13/c=VcG-Ir5Ijno/view-idea?idea=19

Based on what i have seen it spawns in the next room after you use the card, once you have opened the door

if it is a team card, as soon as any one opens a door 1 recipes spawns. when other people open doors they spawn for them as well, up to 1 door opened per team member.

~~~legoman187~~~

nee0cg.png

Clicky siggy for blog

Thanks Pendonub for fancy new sig

Thieving guide[WIP]

Loyal player since May 2005 and member since November 2005 and Tifer for many years

~~~legoman187~~~

thats how its supposed to work I think, but hasn't always for me. Sometimes I'll be in base with two room exits, use card, open a door and its not there, then have to open the other door out of the room for it to work.

R.I.P. The olde nite. A legend is gone but not forgotten.

a Faction Related Item Sink for Rune Labs. https://[LikelyScam]/m=player-proposal/a=13/c=VcG-Ir5Ijno/view-idea?idea=19

That really sucks I'm sorry, I had the same problem with my first yak card 9although i may have just missed it admittedly, not saying you did at all) all the same that sucks

~~~legoman187~~~

nee0cg.png

Clicky siggy for blog

Thanks Pendonub for fancy new sig

Thieving guide[WIP]

Loyal player since May 2005 and member since November 2005 and Tifer for many years

~~~legoman187~~~

The requirements to get Sword Artist title... lol.

You could have posted them.

1 - Be male

2 - Have Evanstyle hair in Zamorak black

3 - Wear a main hand black longsword and off-hand adamant longsword

4 - Jump on any serenity post and perform the poses in the following order

Lotus - Bow - Ward - Crane

Maxed [February 14, 2012] | Completionist [October 25, 2012] | Trimmed Completionist [in Progress]

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

You mean more obvious than the title being Sword Artist in the first place?

• Like 1

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue