Dev Blog: QP master cape

helring

Mage, those skills were developed early on and have since had the game leave them in the dust as it were.

Hence my point that by the time it was developed they should have known better and tried for better.

Back after a 5 year TIF hiatus. Please don't mind me too much.

Idk man, a lot of content released around that era was also pretty boring and grindy, even though it was over 7 years since the release of agility.

Advanced agility courses popped up in 2009 - you'd think they would have "known better" by then, but it was the same old agility mechanic.

Mobilising armies in 2009 was turned into a 25 hour grind for rank, despite it offering more depth for strategy.

The Champions' Challenge update later in the year was literally a rehash of the same thing from 2005.

Familiarisation is running around clicking 60 piles of shards. BIG WHOOP.

Herblore Habitat was a nice place to fight with RNG to get the seeds you needed to continue unlocking stuff in the Habitat. While training Hunter in the exact same way, of course.

Even post-Livid Farm we've seen all kinds of inane grinding activities being thrown into the game. The 2013 December Christmas event was a grindfest for points, and even now there's a sand filled crater in Lumbridge with the same old mindless grind.

Idk what you expect Jagex to do when time and again they've churned out grindy content, and yet the players happily accept some of it while calling the rest unbearable or decrying it as the worst thing ever. Jagex has "known better" for 4 years since the release of Livid Farm, and we're still getting the same shit.

• Like 1

6Ij0n.jpg

In real life MMO you don't get 99 smithing by making endless bronze daggers.

So why complain about Livid Farm in particular?

I guess the reason for that is because Livid Farm is a minigame which many don't use to get 99 in a skill, of which the rewards are not that great for most people. People like training a skill more than doing a minigame (except PvP minigames). I am not disagreeing with you, but that is probably why.

http://sign.tip.it/1/2/79/260/essiw.png

Retired item crew

I would like to be credited as essiw at the website update & corrections forum. Thanks!

I believe the large pouch lasts something like ~50 trips worth of ess? If that isn't long enough idk what is lol

The giant pouch lasts for less before it starts degrading for the first time. Also, the point is that repair rune pouch lasts longer. The rune pouch could last for 1000 trips, but repairing it to last for 1100 trips would still be longer.

Ardy lodestone is definitely more than 4 seconds from the herb patch. You're completely out of touch if you can't believe that people "still" use the Trollheim herb patch.

Most people don't understand how long a second is, but I know what you're saying for the lodestone. 

I just feel that the trollheim patch is a little out of the way even with a teleport to trollheim, I find it to be faster to go to all the other herb patches and continue doing whatever else I want to :/

Whilst I agree livid farm could do with some work I think it's unfair to say it has nothing useful about it.

Repair Rune Pouches is a very useful spell for anyone doing actual rune running still. If you're running runes it takes all of half a second to stop at the mage in the center of the abyss

North Ardougne Tele is gr8 for herb/farm runs for those without the elite cape. I don't have the elite cape yet you still get 1 free teleport a day from hard cape, plus ardy lodestone is all of 4 seconds away.

Remote Farm has a number of solid uses. Indeed this can be useful, but if you're like me and pay farmers because you aren't willing to risk xp when you don't/can't check trees it's ok. for herbs it's definitely useful. 

Make leather can be a good shortcut if you craft via hides Portable crafters make this spell pretty meh now. If you plan on sitting at black dragons or whateverr all day and tanning as you get the hides so you can make them into stuff then alch them I guess it's ok

Veng Group is useful in some combat stuff, even if not totall top end meta game,

Trollheim tele to the herb patch insanely useful. I'll be honest I didn't even know people still went to this patch lol

Admittedly a lot of it loses its use if you are already maxed, but I think the issue is less that the spells aren't useful and more that the gameplay is soooo grindy and sooo long that it out weighs peoples desire to unlock useful content before they have to.

Kind just echoing what others have said but:

1) Repairing pouches lasts longer when done via the spell and is therefore more efficient as you spend less time repair them overall

2) Lode stone is more than 4 seconds away from the herb patch. Admittedly it is closer than the teleport spell, but when you are trying to do a herb run before juju runs out the faster teleport really matters, unless of course you are now investing in quick charges for lodes which does decrease the spells worth

3) It's great that you pay farmers, but in the meta game you shouldn't be a lot of the time which is where this spells use comes in.

4) True portables does dent some of this spells use, but then there is still ironman accounts and not everyone has or can be bothered chasing down portable.s

5) Anyone who is doing herb runs should be going to trollheim unless they are a complete idiot. It is a herb patch guaranteed to not die. Even of the suckiest of herb runs it guarantees you get some herbs and was 100% always worth using on every single herb run ever conceived even before the convenience of a direct teleport emerged.

1) I see where you're coming from but I feel as though that's a 120/200m problem... To 99 that isn't really a huge deal, am I wrong? :P

5) I guess myself and thousands of people are idiots, that's ok though

Idk man, a lot of content released around that era was also pretty boring and grindy, even though it was over 7 years since the release of agility.

Advanced agility courses popped up in 2009 - you'd think they would have "known better" by then, but it was the same old agility mechanic.

Mobilising armies in 2009 was turned into a 25 hour grind for rank, despite it offering more depth for strategy.

The Champions' Challenge update later in the year was literally a rehash of the same thing from 2005.

Familiarisation is running around clicking 60 piles of shards. BIG WHOOP.

Herblore Habitat was a nice place to fight with RNG to get the seeds you needed to continue unlocking stuff in the Habitat. While training Hunter in the exact same way, of course.

Even post-Livid Farm we've seen all kinds of inane grinding activities being thrown into the game. The 2013 December Christmas event was a grindfest for points, and even now there's a sand filled crater in Lumbridge with the same old mindless grind.

Idk what you expect Jagex to do when time and again they've churned out grindy content, and yet the players happily accept some of it while calling the rest unbearable or decrying it as the worst thing ever. Jagex has "known better" for 4 years since the release of Livid Farm, and we're still getting the same shit.

I'm not disagreeing with you here but when they make the game too easy, everyone and their mother has something to say about the game being too easy. There's no happy medium, I don't think.

All_My_Love.png Bun_Dem.png

max.png 50.png

Efficient training is never just a 120/200m problem.

Pouches get 500% durability from the spell.

Giant pouches normal degrade in 12 uses, this makes it 60 uses.

Even if you say repairing only takes you 10 seconds thats saving you 40 seconds per 60 trips and in terms of making xp/large amounts of runes we are talking thousands of trips.

600 trips, 400 seconds saved 6.6mins

6000 trips 4000 seconds 1hr 6minutes

From 77 (blood rune level) to 99 you need to make around 1.2m bloods (not accounting for the new abyss xp boost and assuming master rc and clana ava 3% boost)

At maximum reasonable efficiency you can make 61 runes worth of xp in 1 run (thats 30 for the 4 standard pouches, 7 for a familiar and 24 invetory slots)

So that's 19,672 runs for 77 to 99

That's 328 lots of 60 trips.

Resulting in 13,120 seconds saved aka 219 minutes aka 3.6 hours.

And that is *just* for doing 77 to 99.

It is a significant time saver, which in turn boosts gp or xp per hr. Of course it does suffer from whether it is efficient to get vs just spending the time rcing, but thats my point in the first place. Livid farm has useful rewards its the process of unlocking them that is the issue.

As for 5 - lol thousands of people don't do herb runs without trollheim, at least not those with access to it. Every single question on fansites about herb runs and every single guide worth its salt mentions trollheim, you are very much in a minority to not be using trollheim. I mean profit/xp get 101 is to use as many patches as possible for your herb runs and thats BEFORE you factor in that trollheim can never ever ever die making it a holy grail of profit saving on bad runs.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

So, they decided to delay the cape for now since the guy in charge got into a big fight with the users and they are doing another Invention and pushing it back while reconsidering the "guidelines" which seem to cause more issues and be waived frequently in favor of masochists anyway instead of actually helping.

8f14270694.jpg

rip

ruins.png De_Elite_One.png

Inefficiency = fun. That's objective and can't be debated. Ever.

Blog to 200m in all skills.

Max cape achieved November 5th, 2011.

Completionist cape achieved December 29th, 2011.

Final Boss title achieved December 28th, 2014.

Trimmed completionist cape achieved November 7th, 2015.

So, they decided to delay the cape for now since the guy in charge got into a big fight with the users and they are doing another Invention and pushing it back while reconsidering the "guidelines" which seem to cause more issues and be waived frequently in favor of masochists anyway instead of actually helping.

Not that I was anywhere close in getting the cape, but what a bs...

http://sign.tip.it/1/2/79/260/essiw.png

Retired item crew

I would like to be credited as essiw at the website update & corrections forum. Thanks!

Silver lining at least I have time to get more chompy enhancers now to abate the murderous rage that would be caused by having to kill the last 1k without them.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

RIP only possible Master Cape I'll ever get. Guess I may as well work on comp cape then. If you think about it, Master QP Cape was basically the Halfway to Comp cape (90+ all skills, all quests, bunch more bs stuff).

Efficient training is never just a 120/200m problem.

Pouches get 500% durability from the spell.

Giant pouches normal degrade in 12 uses, this makes it 60 uses.

Even if you say repairing only takes you 10 seconds thats saving you 40 seconds per 60 trips and in terms of making xp/large amounts of runes we are talking thousands of trips.

600 trips, 400 seconds saved 6.6mins

6000 trips 4000 seconds 1hr 6minutes

From 77 (blood rune level) to 99 you need to make around 1.2m bloods (not accounting for the new abyss xp boost and assuming master rc and clana ava 3% boost)

At maximum reasonable efficiency you can make 61 runes worth of xp in 1 run (thats 30 for the 4 standard pouches, 7 for a familiar and 24 invetory slots)

And that is *just* for doing 77 to 99.

It is a significant time saver, which in turn boosts gp or xp per hr. Of course it does suffer from whether it is efficient to get vs just spending the time rcing, but thats my point in the first place. Livid farm has useful rewards its the process of unlocking them that is the issue.

As for 5 - lol thousands of people don't do herb runs without trollheim, at least not those with access to it. Every single question on fansites about herb runs and every single guide worth its salt mentions trollheim, you are very much in a minority to not be using trollheim. I mean profit/xp get 101 is to use as many patches as possible for your herb runs and thats BEFORE you factor in that trollheim can never ever ever die making it a holy grail of profit saving on bad runs.

I just can't believe you actually did the math  :blink:

that's it for me, rip

max.png 50.png

And that is *just* for doing 77 to 99

Assuming 1 trip per minute. That's 328 hours (without boosts). So you are saving 1.09% of the total time by using the spell vs the Mage. Is that worth the time it takes to unlock the spell? I guess it's up to the player to decide.

Assuming 1 trip per minute. That's 328 hours (without boosts). So you are saving 1.09% of the total time by using the spell vs the Mage. Is that worth the time it takes to unlock the spell? I guess it's up to the player to decide.

Well, how long does it take to unlock the spell?

If you'd read the thread or my post in it's entirety you'd note I specifically mentioned the issue of the time involved unlocking and that this whole tangent stemmed from the fact it is unfair to say all of livid is useless as many of the reward spells are potentially very useful - they are just marred by the game content which unlocks them, which in rune pouch repairs case your looking at around 7.3 hours of livid at max points output.

Also I just realised I made an epic derp on my maths i did 77xp to 99 not lvl 77 to 99 -.-

lvl 77 is roughly 1/8th of 99 so you can knock about 1/8th off my figures which takes it down to around 3 hours saving.

Though it must be noted with the mage you do have to factor in the other time loses

Firstly the pouches degrade to 9 7 and 3 essence vs 12 9 and 5 which dents your rune output for the run on which you repair.

Also pouches do not all degrade at the same rate, my figures purely focus on the giant pouch timings.

Medium you get 44 trips, Large you get 31 and Giant gets 12 only normal cycles vs 220, 155 and 60 on the repair pouch spell cycles.

So you'd be looking at saving 40 seconds for med pouch per 220 runs, 40 seconds for large per 155 as well as the 40 seconds for giant per 60 runs for a total time saving of 40 + 1.4*40 + 3.6* 40 per 220 runs so roughly 240 seconds or 4 minutes.

19762 is roughly 89 lots of 220 runs

So 356 minutes or 5.9 hours making 5.1 when you round down by about 1/8th

Add in a little for the lower ess per run whilst repairing and your talking around 1.5% - 2 % time saving.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

So people don't want stuff like Livid because it's only tangentially related to two quests, but at the same time want to force on RNG lore books that don't actually tie into quests at all, but are simply there because lore? LOL K

6Ij0n.jpg

In real life MMO you don't get 99 smithing by making endless bronze daggers.

Is that taking into account using an abyssal titan into account?

Yes it was I did 61 runes per rune 30 for pouches. 7 for familiar and 24 inventory, although I'm now realising they changed the 7 slots up a while ago didn't they -.-

Plv6Dz6.jpg

So people don't want stuff like Livid because it's only tangentially related to two quests, but at the same time want to force on RNG lore books that don't actually tie into quests at all, but are simply there because lore? LOL K

Well, if the lore books are miniquests, then okay, sure. Livid Farm is clearly in the minigame/D&D/activity category. It's not a quest and it's not a miniquest. It makes no sense for it to be part of the quest cape.

So cut both out. Frankly I think they're putting the Master Cape a bit too high in the reqs and it's a smidge too close to Comp territory.

Back after a 5 year TIF hiatus. Please don't mind me too much.

So cut both out. Frankly I think they're putting the Master Cape a bit too high in the reqs and it's a smidge dangerously close to Comp territory and you might as well just go straight for comp too close to Comp territory.

ftfy?

max.png 50.png