Dev Blog: QP master cape

helring

The level reqs on QP Master are barely halfway to max, let alone the additional 91M DG xp needed for comp.

As I said earlier this is basically the "halfway to Comp Cape." 90 base + all quests + lots of activities that are needed for Comp.

I was speaking more towards the little extras than the skill levels.

I think some of the things deviate too far away from actual quest stuff and feels like a Quest-pletionist cape.

Hey Jagex, totally new concept: focus on quest stuff and not asinine grindy content everyone [bleep]ing hates you dipshits. At this point it doesn't feel like quest related content. It feels like arbitrary tasks meant to dissuade more people from obtaining it and giving it artificial prestige. Thank god Castle Wars doesn't relate to a quest or we'd get to play a few thousand more games of that nonsense.

Back after a 5 year TIF hiatus. Please don't mind me too much.

I think some of the things deviate too far away from actual quest stuff and feels like a Quest-pletionist cape.

Yeah. Strangely, the guys who are calling for Livid Farm to be removed are the same people who are suggesting the addition of GWD/QBD/KBD lore books. These have lore and all, but they have absolutely nothing to do with quests. Just because something has lore doesn't necessarily tie it in to questing, which is the whole point of the cape.

Anyway, Manti has caved and removed Livid Farm from the reqs.

6Ij0n.jpg

In real life MMO you don't get 99 smithing by making endless bronze daggers.

Yeah. Strangely, the guys who are calling for Livid Farm to be removed are the same people who are suggesting the addition of GWD/QBD/KBD lore books. These have lore and all, but they have absolutely nothing to do with quests. Just because something has lore doesn't necessarily tie it in to questing, which is the whole point of the cape.
I suppose because lore is so historically tied into and released via quest playthroughs. For the love of God, can we keep bossing away from this quest cape? Pretty, pretty please keep twitchy and RNG away?

I guess it was a moot point for me anyway since I can't complete FoTG anyway. I don't really have the ability to do the fights in it.

But FotG is like all trash easy kill trash mobs o.O

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

But FotG is like all trash easy kill trash mobs o.O

For max skills and armor I suppose. For a simple quester still rocking Bandos and a degenerative joint disease...

Anyway, Manti has caved and removed Livid Farm from the reqs.

Is there an updated reqs for it? Or is it still on hold?

Manti is back to discussing guidelines as opposed to specific requirements, so the cape hasn't been canned yet.

Is there a link to where I can follow along? I'm intrigued by this cape.

My only issue is that he thinks that the people would be upset with what he released because they want more lore and mini game stuff. So what? Those things aren't even in the scope of what this was supposed to be. If they want so much changed that it would completely change the content it appears that maybe they're telling you that there should be a second piece of content.

Also, he had defined guidelines and apparently no one wanted to stay in those. It ticks me off that people can't even help develop an idea but what to come up with a whole new one instead.

Perhaps it's an issue of a "this isn't for you" type of update to those very vocal people on the RSOF?

My only issue is that he thinks that the people would be upset with what he released because they want more lore and mini game stuff. So what? Those things aren't even in the scope of what this was supposed to be. If they want so much changed that it would completely change the content it appears that maybe they're telling you that there should be a second piece of content.

Also, he had defined guidelines and apparently no one wanted to stay in those. It ticks me off that people can't even help develop an idea but what to come up with a whole new one instead.

Perhaps it's an issue of a "this isn't for you" type of update to those very vocal people on the RSOF?

The problem is that many people with issues about the cape are some of the most dedicated and involved questers I know. Many are involved in lore specific clans that love to see more quests and push for more quests to be released. It seems ridiculous to say that the Master Quest Cape should be content that isn't for Questers.

Many of the people who were saying that the reqs were fine, were people that have posted before that they don't give a damn about quests. People that are looking for another rare item to show off, so the more roadblocks they can put in the way of the cape the better in their minds. Whereas the people against the old reqs were trying to get some reqs that didn't fit removed, while adding more reqs that do fit.

R.I.P. The olde nite. A legend is gone but not forgotten.

a Faction Related Item Sink for Rune Labs. https://[LikelyScam]/m=player-proposal/a=13/c=VcG-Ir5Ijno/view-idea?idea=19

On the forum and in an fc we worked on revised guidelines and req list to try to reach a consensus. If you want to look them over.

http://[Use Quick Find Code]/a=13/c=4puAGFoCBxo/[Please Use QuickFind Code]?373,374,5,65659523,goto,93

a Faction Related Item Sink for Rune Labs. https://[LikelyScam]/m=player-proposal/a=13/c=VcG-Ir5Ijno/view-idea?idea=19

Actually I was saying the cape should be for Questers and not have RNG, bossing, or mini game requirements.

The requirements should be incidentals, not completionist activities. It should be things that people already would do or have done, not Livid Farm or 4,000 chompy kills.

Actually I was saying the cape should be for Questers and not have RNG, bossing, or mini game requirements.

The requirements should be incidentals, not completionist activities. It should be things that people already would do or have done, not Livid Farm or 4,000 chompy kills.

Ahhh k, generally what we ended up with was all things related to lore. So minigames were fine if completely introduced within a quest. RNG is fine if its part of a quest reward. The only boss we included was kiln because kiln was completely introduced through a quest

I can see Kiln I suppose. What mini game came from solely through a quest? But please, can we kindly let RNG F-off?

Temple Trekking is both introduced and first done in a myreque quest, Court Cases are also first introduced and done in a quest, Beacon Network, and kiln as well. Also the phoenix, and you get 5k slayer exp the first time you kill it so we added that.

As far as RNG, none of them are that bad. We have the post-quest addy dragon journals from hero's welcome (not that rare, usually get one within 100 addy dragons and there are 4), Scabarite Notes which are decently common, and Digsite Pendant from Museum.

This could of course change as Mod Manti and other players put stuff into it, but there isn't that much RNG-wise that is really linked to quests. 

Sorry, what do the Strongholds of Security/Safety have to do with questing?

E: Apparently "miniquests", according to the unofficial wiki. Lol k

6Ij0n.jpg

In real life MMO you don't get 99 smithing by making endless bronze daggers.

Sorry, what do the Strongholds of Security/Safety have to do with questing?

E: Apparently "miniquests", according to the unofficial wiki. Lol k

You need it for that beacon guy to watch over your fire (For the all fired up post-quest)? :P Other than that nothing.

http://sign.tip.it/1/2/79/260/essiw.png

Retired item crew

I would like to be credited as essiw at the website update & corrections forum. Thanks!

I can see Kiln I suppose. What mini game came from solely through a quest? But please, can we kindly let RNG F-off?

Temple Trekking is both introduced and first done in a myreque quest, Court Cases are also first introduced and done in a quest, Beacon Network, and kiln as well. Also the phoenix, and you get 5k slayer exp the first time you kill it so we added that.

As far as RNG, none of them are that bad. We have the post-quest addy dragon journals from hero's welcome (not that rare, usually get one within 100 addy dragons and there are 4), Scabarite Notes which are decently common, and Digsite Pendant from Museum.

This could of course change as Mod Manti and other players put stuff into it, but there isn't that much RNG-wise that is really linked to quests.

Burgh De Rott Ramble, the precursor, came out a week after In Aid of the Myreque and you didn't do it in the quest until the next one in the series.

Court Cases didn't come out until 3 years after Kings Ransom and the quest is simply a prerequisite. The quest did have the format layout for the activity to follow however.

Fight Kiln was fought in, literally, during the quest, but wasn't proper until after.

Beacon Network did have it proper in a quest.

Phoenix is the true first replayable quest, before Broken Home, since that's all you do is the same thing as in the quest.

All of them are D&Ds though and not mini games.

They are still explicitly unlocked via quests...

I'm in favour of all mentioned, sans livid farm.

Runescape player since 2005
Ego Sum Deus Quo Malum Caligo et Barathum