Dev Blog: QP master cape

helring

My biggest issue with it being so close to comp requirements is the fact that it will have the MC stats and not bonus stats. Give it special stats(3 kiln capes bc you sacrifice for enhanced fc) and maybe it makes sense. But for the time requirement, if I'm already getting 90+ base and 117 DG I might as well grind out comp bc it has the bis stats + perks of other capes (kiln, accumulator, etc)

Yea, I'd have no problem with them boosting the stats, I think bare minimum it should have the Ava's ability.

• Like 1

R.I.P. The olde nite. A legend is gone but not forgotten.

a Faction Related Item Sink for Rune Labs. https://[LikelyScam]/m=player-proposal/a=13/c=VcG-Ir5Ijno/view-idea?idea=19

My biggest issue with it being so close to comp requirements is the fact that it will have the MC stats and not bonus stats. Give it special stats(3 kiln capes bc you sacrifice for enhanced fc) and maybe it makes sense. But for the time requirement, if I'm already getting 90+ base and 117 DG I might as well grind out comp bc it has the bis stats + perks of other capes (kiln, accumulator, etc)

Yea, I'd have no problem with them boosting the stats, I think bare minimum it should have the Ava's ability.

Time wise (and not crazy expensive) for the MC stats it would be easiest to get DG, Combat stats or theive. If going for the MQPC it would be best to target Comp and get this as a side goal.

Quest cape = all quests

Quest cape (t) = all quests, all tasks

Master quest cape = all quests, all tasks, all post quest activities related to and unlocked via quests

I'm very much into this. The tasks don't bother me so much, right now with how you've worded it the (t) cape would be baller

All_My_Love.png Bun_Dem.png

max.png 50.png

I think the easiest way to figure out post quest content for the trimmed cape would be if it's listed as post quest content on the RS wiki. :p

• Like 1

Back after a 5 year TIF hiatus. Please don't mind me too much.

Quests involve both Bosses and Skills though, so is there any particular reason the requirements shouldn't as well?

In quests you will defeat a boss once, you will use skills but won't train those in the quests. So yeah a req that involves killing a boss once or maybe a few times is fine, a req that involves the near mastering of a skill is not imo (level 90 base for broken home was already high imo, but I could live with that).

What you are saying is that if we would make a "master"-mining cape it would fit to add quest-reqs because you get the best pickaxes from quests... That is not what you do while mining (note this is just an example, to explain why I find it strange to add 117 dung)

Except in this case the req is exactly like Quests. The req isn't train to 117 dunge, its get the journal and that happens to take 117 dunge. The req isn't the dunge requirement, its the journal. Just like for quest cape, the requirement would be to complete the Plague's End, and that happens to require 75 dungeoneering.

Its possible if we ever get Floor 61 we will even have level 120 Post-Quest content. Plus any future quests involving Inventor. Quests don't have an upper limit on the level reqs they can go to, I don't think the Mastery should

My point is, that 117 is just a step to high right now. Maybe an option would be to cap it to level 90 dungeoneering right now (so all the lore you can find in dungeoneering till level 90). Imo a master quest cape should be something quest cape holders will strive for. But I think many will not with reqs like 117 dungeoneering, because level 90 base is already far beyond the reqs for quest cape (which is around 75 base, with a few higher levels). So long story short, the skill req difference between quest cape and master quest cape is to big imo.

http://sign.tip.it/1/2/79/260/essiw.png

Retired item crew

I would like to be credited as essiw at the website update & corrections forum. Thanks!

Quests involve both Bosses and Skills though, so is there any particular reason the requirements shouldn't as well?

In quests you will defeat a boss once, you will use skills but won't train those in the quests. So yeah a req that involves killing a boss once or maybe a few times is fine, a req that involves the near mastering of a skill is not imo (level 90 base for broken home was already high imo, but I could live with that).

What you are saying is that if we would make a "master"-mining cape it would fit to add quest-reqs because you get the best pickaxes from quests... That is not what you do while mining (note this is just an example, to explain why I find it strange to add 117 dung)

Except in this case the req is exactly like Quests. The req isn't train to 117 dunge, its get the journal and that happens to take 117 dunge. The req isn't the dunge requirement, its the journal. Just like for quest cape, the requirement would be to complete the Plague's End, and that happens to require 75 dungeoneering.

Its possible if we ever get Floor 61 we will even have level 120 Post-Quest content. Plus any future quests involving Inventor. Quests don't have an upper limit on the level reqs they can go to, I don't think the Mastery should

My point is, that 117 is just a step to high right now. Maybe an option would be to cap it to level 90 dungeoneering right now (so all the lore you can find in dungeoneering till level 90). Imo a master quest cape should be something quest cape holders will strive for. But I think many will not with reqs like 117 dungeoneering, because level 90 base is already far beyond the reqs for quest cape (which is around 75 base, with a few higher levels). So long story short, the skill req difference between quest cape and master quest cape is to big imo.

One problem with that though is that they want the Guidelines to be as permanent as possible, so a temporary cap that may change in the future wouldn't work. They intend to never change the guidelines in the future once they're set in place

a Faction Related Item Sink for Rune Labs. https://[LikelyScam]/m=player-proposal/a=13/c=VcG-Ir5Ijno/view-idea?idea=19

The Master Quest Cape should have high requirements, there's no doubt about it. 117 Dungeoneering is rather extreme though, as was many of the other requirements before Mod Manti revised them. There's also all those RNG lore journal drops. After all these revisions the cape have become more of what I would like to call a "Master Lore Cape" than a Master Quest Cape. All fine with me though, as I am a comped lorehound myself, but I do imagine (and know as well) that many lower leveled lorehounds doesn't like all the further high leveled content requirements that for example includes GWD bossing at all. Still though the general lore and questing community seems to be much happier with these revised requirements and guidelines. Especially the removal of Livid Farm. And I can agree fully with that change, Livid Farm makes sense for Comp, but not for this cape. It really isn't very well related to the lore and quest activities as such. Not to mention that its design and repetitivness is very far from a "quest atmosphere" in lack of better words.

No matter what though, Mod Manti certainly hasn't taken on an easy task. The lore and questing community of this game is in many ways rather split, and there's going to be a rather large minority who won't be happy with the finalised requirements for the Master Lore Quest Cape no matter what happens. I am myself however very pleased with its current development.

lGxorje.png

Add me if you so wish: SwreeTak

One problem with that though is that they want the Guidelines to be as permanent as possible, so a temporary cap that may change in the future wouldn't work. They intend to never change the guidelines in the future once they're set in place

Ok then don't make it temporary and add to the guidelines:

The Master Quest cape is NOT:

The near-mastery of skills (poorly worded)

Fits perfectly with the other exceptions and vague guidelines ;)

Retired item crew

I would like to be credited as essiw at the website update & corrections forum. Thanks!

Except that quests may end up going near mastery for skills like dunge or invention in the future, and it would be ridiculous to have the normal cape require more than the Mastery. Quests have no real upper boundary on reqs, so neither should the Mastery Cape.

Except that quests may end up going near mastery for skills like dunge or invention in the future, and it would be ridiculous to have the normal cape require more than the Mastery. Quests have no real upper boundary on reqs, so neither should the Mastery Cape.

Fair point, however I think it's likely to maintain upkeep similar to a normal quest cape or Comp.

Also, I don't think it's likely for skill requirements to go much higher than they are. To do so would mean making content that would be too disproportionate to how many can play it vs how much time to develop it. To do so would be to waste resources and be very thick headed. Which obviously means they will do it and this point is moot.

Fair point, however I think it's likely to maintain upkeep similar to a normal quest cape or Comp.

Also, I don't think it's likely for skill requirements to go much higher than they are. To do so would mean making content that would be too disproportionate to how many can play it vs how much time to develop it. To do so would be to waste resources and be very thick headed. Which obviously means they will do it and this point is moot.

They will, slowly, like they always did. I first got my questcape when level 70 cooking was the highest skill req, and that was seen as really high. And we will probably reach a stage where skills will reach level 120 (it is not really an "will it happen" but "when will it happen" imo).

@Hellring, you are right. Though my main concern, that this should be a cape to strive for for quest cape holders, stands, as right now this is more of a mini-comp cape, I still think this cape will miss the intended target audience.

Retired item crew

The other difference ofc is that the mqpc doesn't have the pvm requirements that hlf soccermoms so hate.

best drops (reasonably accurate/up to date): 1x Elysian Sigil (LS), 1x Arcane Sigil (cs), 4x Armadyl Hilt (solo at 100m, 100m, 50m, and 5m), 2x Saradomin Hilt (solo at 25m), 5x Draconic Visage (34m,1.2m,1.2m) and various cs/ls/ffa Nex splits.
Drygore Drops: 7 Longswords, 3 Maces, 3 Rapiers, 3 Off-hand Rapiers,  5 Off-hand Maces, 3 Off-hand Longswords

ROTS Shields: 12  Seismics: 16

Ascension Crossbows: 6  Spider Legs: 10

Countless Armadyl armour pieces, Saradomin amulets, Dragon Hatchets, and Fremenik Rings.
Range~Herblore~Construction~Constitution~Defence~Farming~Magic~Attack~Prayer~Strength~Summoning~Slayer~Mining~Dungeoneering~Firemaking~Agility~Magic Mastery~Summoning Mastery~Cooking~Smithing~Fletching~Thieving~Hunter~Woodcutting~Fishing~Runecrafting

The other difference ofc is that the mqpc doesn't have the pvm requirements that hlf soccermoms so hate.

Correction it doesn't yet have them. Just wait until they decide to follow the GWD suit and give most boss mobs a lore book to expand their story - oh look all the pvm is now part of being a master "quester"

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

Also, the comparison between MQPC and Comp Cape is inevitable if the former can get overshadowed by the latter. I fear that is what is happening at the moment.

By simply pointing out how much they have in common in terms of requirement, disregarding Skills as future skills probably will bump up the requirements making them closer, proves easily how much they match and thus gets overshadowed.

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, 'Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous?' Actually, who are you not to be?~ Marianne Williamson

For account help/issues, please follow this link:

Account Help

. If you need further assistance, do not hesitate to PM me or post here.

No Jagex, I want my [bleep]ing journals not this thing.

jv0TP.png

Only need these and KBD lastriders... -_-

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

Trimmed | Master Quester | Final Boss

Boss pets: Bombi | Shrimpy | Ellie | Tz-Rek Jad | Karil the Bobbled | Mega Ducklings

120s: Dungeoneering | Invention

They will, slowly, like they always did. I first got my questcape when level 70 cooking was the highest skill req, and that was seen as really high. And we will probably reach a stage where skills will reach level 120 (it is not really an "will it happen" but "when will it happen" imo).

@Hellring, you are right. Though my main concern, that this should be a cape to strive for for quest cape holders, stands, as right now this is more of a mini-comp cape, I still think this cape will miss the intended target audience.

Perhaps, but Jagex is very obsessed with numbers, even if no one can apparently do math over there. Depending on the type of quest, the difficulty, the resource budget, etc, they probably have a target amount of people they want to be able to do the quest. I think that's what determines the level requirements for the most part. That's why I don't think it'll get too high.

Last time they put up a high req, it was screamed out by complainers who forced them to drop it by 17 levels.

Um yeah, that's how the internet works.

Perhaps, but Jagex is very obsessed with numbers, even if no one can apparently do math over there. Depending on the type of quest, the difficulty, the resource budget, etc, they probably have a target amount of people they want to be able to do the quest. I think that's what determines the level requirements for the most part. That's why I don't think it'll get too high.

Everything is relative though, and with time even level 90+ will be required in several skills to do a quest. Let's just wait and see what the requirements will be for FotG2, now shouldn't we?

lGxorje.png

Add me if you so wish: SwreeTak

Even "The Light Within" will be pushing several skills up to 80. They seem to be taking it slow and not jumping any skills straight to the 90's but Quest Reqs are definitely increasing over time.

Indeed, FOTG2 will probably be some sort of high-end culmination of the Mahjarrat, thus Kharsai would play a part most likely. This bumps the reqs into level 90 zone, as the Koschei's Troubles miniquest (and also the Mahjarrat Memories) require 90 prayer and strength.