Welcome to Rune Tips, the first ever RuneScape help site. We aim to offer skill guides, quest guides, maps, calculators, informative databases, tips, and much more to help you get the most from the Massive Online Adventure Game, RuneScape, by Jagex Ltd © 2009.

Report Ad

Welcome to Forum.Tip.It
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

5th October 2015 - Virtual Levelling | Ninja Update

Update

• Please log in to reply
54 replies to this topic

Arceus
[ Display Name History ]

Arceus

Araxyte Authority

• Administrators
  • 7,086 posts
  • RuneScape Status:F2P

Virtual Levelling | Ninja Update

The Ninjas have added the option for Virtual Levelling in today's update. Turn it on and you'll see how far you've progressed towards that illustrious level 120 equivalent in each of your skills!

While there's no content to unlock between 99 and 120, you will still get level-up messages. There is also the choice of some cool icons you can display on your stats to mark your dedication and skill. These will be gold on level 120 skill equivalents, and crystal if you reach 200 million XP.

You'll find the Virtual Levelling options in the Miscellaneous tab of the Game Settings interface.

Live Streams this Week

Each week we stream developer Q&As, in-game events and more. Watch our streams and find a full streaming schedule over on our Twitch channel.

Check our YouTube channel, too, for recap videos of streams you may have missed, including last week's Falador Rework teaser and Virtual Levelling. This week sees us discuss all the awesome reveals we've talked about at RuneFest, and catch up wit the Customer Support Team.

Developer Q&A: RuneScape Reveals | 16:00 UTC, Tuesday 6th October

Join a special cast of JMods on the streaming sofas as they take your questions - this week, we'll be discussing all the awesome reveals we've spoken about at RuneFest, including all the exciting updates we've got planned for 2016. Be prepared for some big-hitters!

Ask your questions on the forums, on Reddit, or on Twitter using the hashtag#RSDevQA.

Q&A with the Player Support Team | 17:00 UTC, Tuesday 6th October

To celebrate National Customer Service Week, we've grabbed some of our team to take part in a special Q&A - to share what it is they do, what we plan to do to help you in the future, and also what they have lined up for Customer Service week!

Ask your questions on the forums tomorrow and the team will answer as many as they can!

Enjoy!

Everyone's riding high after RuneFest, looking forward to a year of content like never before. Have fun, and give us your feedback over on the forums!

The RuneScape Team

In Other News

• We've made some changes to certain pieces of gear. Find out more about these in the patch notes:
    • Upgraded Darklight is more effective against demons.
    • A five-piece set effect has been added to the crystal armour from Tarddiad.
    • Sunspear now grants more Prayer and Firemaking XP, can be reclaimed for a fee, no longer increments cremation count, and now has a 1-in-5 chance to yield Columbarium loot, down from 100%.
  • Vyrelord has made an awesome-looking Vampyric font, based on the alphabet we recently released. If you've a message that screams to be written in blood, you can download the font now!
Patch Notes

"Fight for what you believe in, and believe in what you're fighting for." Can games be art?
---

cWCZMZO.png
l1M6sfb.png

My blog here if you want to check out my Times articles and other writings! I always appreciate comments/feedback.

essiw
[ Display Name History ]

essiw

Retired Crew

• Members
  • 2,799 posts
  • RuneScape Status:P2P
  • RSN:essiw
  • RSN '07:essiw
"Free players can now participate in the Burthorpe Games Room. More games for all!"

Lol, why bother. Does anyone even visits that place anymore?

Retired item crew
I would like to be credited as essiw at the website update & corrections forum. Thanks!
If you want to add me in game, add "essiw".

Ammako
[ Display Name History ]

Ammako

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 3,541 posts

"Free players can now participate in the Burthorpe Games Room. More games for all!"

Lol :P

but it's probably like the only thing to do anymore in F2P, so...
I mean, rather than just stay at the G.E. all day, they'd hang out there :P

Sy_Accursed
[ Display Name History ]

Sy_Accursed

Post Junkie

• Members
  • 16,851 posts
  • RSN:Sy Accursed

Shame that they removed cremation count increase from Sun Spear, was one of the big appeals to the weapon for those not maxed already.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

Fire_Hawk154
[ Display Name History ]

Fire_Hawk154

Bear Fur

• Members
  • 385 posts
  • RuneScape Status:F2P
  • RSN:Fire Hawk154
  • RSN2:Bud Bundy
  • Clan:CE, TLL, TR, FD

Most F2P worlds have less than 100 players in them. I don't think making the Burthorpe Games Room F2P will attract new players to the game nor improve the current F2P experience.

F2P getting metal boots is a far better update actually, now only ranged is missing boots. And arrows. And crossbows. And bolts.

B71AkU0.png      Fire_Hawk154.png

Major Dash
[ Display Name History ]

Major Dash

Skeleton Shield

• Members
  • 1,167 posts
  • RuneScape Status:Retired
  • The Penance aura will no longer grant prayer points in PvP.

Today there will be many a Nox weapons smited at warbands.

19509_s.gif

“I had a feeling we weren’t coming back from this fight when it began.”

“Do you have any regrets?”

“I don’t. It seems surprising, I know, but I wouldn’t change a thing. This is how it was meant to be.”

“Huh, you never really notice how lovely the day is until you realize you’ll never see it again.”

“Mmmhmm.”

Alg
[ Display Name History ]

Alg

Troll General

• Editorial Panel
  • 10,880 posts

The sad thing is that it would have been a really good update if it came out a decade ago.

Veiva
[ Display Name History ]

Veiva

Demon Vanquisher

• Members
  • 2,338 posts

Darklight buff?

Nice. Makes up for that July nerf to reasonably-priced magic weapons at Tormented Demons.

ozXHe7P.png

Hajutze
[ Display Name History ]

Hajutze

Ghost Cloak

• Members
  • 1,762 posts
  • RSN:Poptolev

Crystal Armor - [bleep]ing finally, took them ages.

wormy
[ Display Name History ]

wormy

Scorpion Pit

• Members
  • 595 posts

whoa, we just got a cape with stats.... and now useful boots?
Shame I will have to hang up the Beegees referenced footwear.

Ammako
[ Display Name History ]

Ammako

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 3,541 posts

Most F2P worlds have less than 100 players in them. I don't think making the Burthorpe Games Room F2P will attract new players to the game nor improve the current F2P experience.

F2P getting metal boots is a far better update actually, now only ranged is missing boots. And arrows. And crossbows. And bolts.

Well, it definitely improves it if you ask me, by adding new things to do, but I never hinted towards it attracting new players anyway.
The boots are awesome news, though.

Hajutze
[ Display Name History ]

Hajutze

Ghost Cloak

• Members
  • 1,762 posts

Is there a way to always hit the same damage with an attack ? Doesn't have to be constant hits, just a type of an attack.

I want to test if one can use 2 pieces of the normal crystal armor and 2 pieces of the attuned, to stack the (2) effect twice (for +20% boost against shapeshifters for example)

strilmus
[ Display Name History ]

strilmus

Moss Giant Whipper

• Members
  • 2,910 posts

Is there a way to always hit the same damage with an attack ? Doesn't have to be constant hits, just a type of an attack.

I want to test if one can use 2 pieces of the normal crystal armor and 2 pieces of the attuned, to stack the (2) effect twice (for +20% boost against shapeshifters for example)

https://www.reddit.c...armour_testing/

Are you the one working on this project?

8f14270694.jpg

Hajutze
[ Display Name History ]

Hajutze

Ghost Cloak

• Members
  • 1,762 posts

Not really, but I'm interested :P. If it works it's probably the best option for Hybriding of stuff with reasonable defense.

If I knew how he figured out the 10% boost I could figure out if it stacks ...

EDIT: Massacre - he used Massacre.

EDIT2: it doesn't stack.

michel555555
[ Display Name History ]

michel555555

Varrock Guard

• Members
  • 1,447 posts
  • RSN:michel555555
  • Clan:fealty stars

So does darklight work against zam gw now and if it does is it worth using now.

michel555555.png

click you know you wanna

Wkw
[ Display Name History ]

Wkw

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 3,565 posts
  • RuneScape Status:None
  • RSN:wkw

It never worked against zgwd,

aaaaauserbar.gif

Wkw.png

Runescape player since January 2005
Ego Sum Deus Quo Malum Caligo et Barathum

michel555555
[ Display Name History ]

michel555555

Varrock Guard

• Members
  • 1,447 posts
  • RSN:michel555555
  • Clan:fealty stars

Darklight

Darklight has been re-balanced to be more effective against demons when upgraded from completing Dimension of Disaster:

• All existing demons are now weak to Darklight, in addition to any existing weaknesses. This means that using Darklight against a demon will bypass any style restrictions.

says all existing demons now so does that include zgw and is it worth using over t 85 or 90

michel555555.png

click you know you wanna

Veiva
[ Display Name History ]

Veiva

Demon Vanquisher

• Members
  • 2,338 posts

Darklight

Darklight has been re-balanced to be more effective against demons when upgraded from completing Dimension of Disaster:

• All existing demons are now weak to Darklight, in addition to any existing weaknesses. This means that using Darklight against a demon will bypass any style restrictions.

says all existing demons now so does that include zgw and is it worth using over t 85 or 90

That's worded wrong. It only works against demons it worked with after its Dimensions of Disaster buff... This update doesn't add any more.

Still, it's the best melee weapon to use against any demons it works on. It's probably the best primary style at Tormented Demons now, for example, since you'll be able to do more damage before they switch to Protect from Melee (instead of 3100 damage, it'll probably be about 5000 to 5500 damage), therefore allowing you to switch less.

ozXHe7P.png

Wkw
[ Display Name History ]

Wkw

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 3,565 posts
  • RuneScape Status:None
  • RSN:wkw

Darklight

If you'd like to use the equivalent of a T40 or something weapon, feel free.. but even dragon daggers would outclass it

aaaaauserbar.gif

Wkw.png

Runescape player since January 2005
Ego Sum Deus Quo Malum Caligo et Barathum

Kimberly
[ Display Name History ]

Kimberly

Retired Staff

• Members
  • 12,325 posts
  • RSN:Kimberly
  • RSN2:Dorelei

The sad thing is that it would have been a really good update if it came out a decade ago.

A decade ago I don't even know if Burthorpe actually existed. I don't even know if it was ever that popular to be considered 'good', even to members way back when. I'm all for not starving the Free to Play base but that's a bit hyperbolic don't you think?

hzvjpwS.gif

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Update

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users