Tip.It Times Presents: N0valyfe Speaks!

oddfaery2

What a pathetic loser. Jagex should ban those top accounts and pay for counseling for the guys who play them.

Playing 12 hours a day is not healthy, mentally or physically.

You're a idiot. If the man choose this to be his life, let him be. He's happy, then who are you to judge whether he wasted his life or not?

BTW, grats to him for beating the game.

to novy...love the name!

to prima...he hasn't beat anything, cept himself, which i'm sure he does (spending 12 hours A DAY on a computer game)...lol...little vulgar, but nobody heard that

MUST I REPEAT IT AGAIN??? - HE HAS NEVER SET FOOT ON A RUNESCAPE CLASSIC WORLD!!!

He is a nobody in the world of runescape, and he must not have a life or is macroing to gain that amount of xp in the little time that he did

Huh? Why am I the only one that thinks that 10-12 hours a day is not much?

I play also so much hours sometimes more (i think he too) why is that such a big problem?

Just get up at 10 o'clock, eat, wash, play RS, noon: eat, take a brake, play RS, night: eat, take a brake (watch tv talk to family), play RS, play till 0.00 sleep.That's how i do it sometimes (only when i don't need to go to school:-))

Thats more than 12 hours and i get my sleep ...

The key words there are "only when i don't need to go to school"...and i am glad you still keep school ahead of runescape, I have heard of some cases where kids skip school, go to the library and play this game all day...this is what I found BAD about the interview, the guy doesn't realize that ppl DO look up to him, and by saying that it takes a dedication to the game (i.e. 10-12 hours EVERYday) he has sent a message to a lot of little kids that it is alright to spend that much time...and when he says 10-12 hours a day, he IS talking about everyday of the week, Monday thru Sunday, 52 weeks a year...

I just hope that everybody rereads the news article that was published on March 23, 2006

And if you're really looking for a good read, and maybe a laugh, check out the "Health and Safety" or "Responsible Gaming Policy" of Runescape

• Replies 361
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On messenger ye got videoconversations (if ye don't know that) so ye still got the expressions of ppl and talking too. And exercices well i go swim twies in the week but i get my hours up on runescape. I like to go swim and meet new ppl with my friends (who play RS too). I didn't say it all but still got my excercices. And i aint going to swim with the bus (you may think that) i still go with my bike :-). So i got plenty of excercices and still meet ppl.

From the way you're typing, seems like RS is already taking its toll on you.

... can't argue that 10-12 hours a day of playing isn't much.

He is a nobody in the world of runescape

By far the stupidest comment i've heard in this topic. These forums are about runescape, and who is the subject in this topic that everyone is talking about? :roll: Or did you not even read through the whole thing?

~~Proud Member of The Supreme Skillers~~

bigdawgtt.png

silverandblackfinishvr8.gif

He is a nobody in the world of runescape

By far the stupidest comment i've heard in this topic. These forums are about runescape, and who is the subject in this topic that everyone is talking about? :roll: Or did you not even read through the whole thing?

don't be taking my words out of context

by the way, I couldn't read the whole article through all the smug

A great accomplishment anyway..

Does it matter how long he has played? Reaching such great status in so little time is a major feat, he should be praised for his dedication, and not be ridiculed over his performance..

to prima...he hasn't beat anything, cept himself, which i'm sure he does (spending 12 hours A DAY on a computer game)...lol...little vulgar, but nobody heard that

MUST I REPEAT IT AGAIN??? - HE HAS NEVER SET FOOT ON A RUNESCAPE CLASSIC WORLD!!!

He beat the game, admit it. By maxing out every level in every skill, he completed (or nearly) every aspect of the game. In Runescape context, that's an achievement. Don't tell me you don't expect respect from someone whose twenty levels below you. Well, I respect him because of the same reason -- he has the dedication and patience to complete such a long game.

Just from writting in this forum alone, it meant that you spent a good portion of your life in this game as well. I ask you, what you play for? Probably leisure. To him, completing the game is a goal. This game is a hobby that he's willing to dedicate his time to, much like how others dedicate themselves into anime, or writting, or programming. Whether the hobby's worth the time from other people's perspective is pointless. What's "worth-it" to spent time on depends on each person's own perspective. If you dare to denounce him wasting his time, then I can similiarly denounce you of wasting your time posting here, or wasting your time pursuing an education, or (in the future) wasting your time working in a curbicle.

From what you written, I can figure out two things: You do not respect him because he's a "RS2 product" and you're jealous that he can level faster than you. If he's nobody in Runescape, why did Tipit Times interviewed him instead of you? If you have such disrespect of RS2, why aren't you playing RSC? If he's macroing, why isn't he caught, and why does he spent 12hr a day playing? Beating the game in a year and half is an achievement -- that is something to be respected of.

All I learned in life, I learned on Tip.it

:shock: That guy is very good!

Although I must admit I feel he is throwing hours away...I play rs alot, bout 2 hours on a school day, but I would never spend 10+ hours on rs.

But, it's his own choice and I can do nothing but respect that.

So fare well NOvalyfe, keep going and one day people will be called iownNOvalyfe instead of iownzezima :wink:

I read this article a while ago, but still never commented on it. :?

I think it's the best Tip It Times article I've read yet. 8) It's cool to get inside the head of the third best RuneScape user, and to see what he actually thinks of the game. :D But man, 10-12 hours a day? N0valyfe really has N0lyfe.

Still, I agree with primadog... He should have the freedom to live his life the way he wants.

He beat the game, admit it. By maxing out every level in every skill, he completed (or nearly) every aspect of the game. In Runescape context, that's an achievement. Don't tell me you don't expect respect from someone whose twenty levels below you. Well, I respect him because of the same reason -- he has the dedication and patience to complete such a long game.

Just from writting in this forum alone, it meant that you spent a good portion of your life in this game as well. I ask you, what you play for? Probably leisure. To him, completing the game is a goal. This game is a hobby that he's willing to dedicate his time to, much like how others dedicate themselves into anime, or writting, or programming. Whether the hobby's worth the time from other people's perspective is pointless. What's "worth-it" to spent time on depends on each person's own perspective. If you dare to denounce him wasting his time, then I can similiarly denounce you of wasting your time posting here, or wasting your time pursuing an education, or (in the future) wasting your time working in a curbicle.

What is different about his goal is that it leeches his family's resources and he ignores their requests to get a job. Stop ignoring this fact.

summerpngwy6.jpg

Well some say that ppl look UP to Novylife. Well some don't look up to him they just so (like me). Bud i know whorst. My friend sometimes play's without sleeping. :? :o That's insane i find myselfs.

peche707.png

2cht0ma.png

What is different about his goal is that it leeches his family's resources and he ignores their requests to get a job. Stop ignoring this fact.

And if his family asked him for more then a whole year, why did he ignore them. To me, he can support himself finacially and know his family can also support themselves.

My first story on Tip.It :D

The SoulStones' War

Very interesting read..

There's been so many topics over the last few years on Zezima's "lack of life" and his college situation, and now it's focused on n0va. And whilst i do understand where the people are coming from when they're saying "It's his life, let him do what he pleases", but really, 12 hours playing a video game a day, for what, almost 2 years?

I just can't fathom it.. It's utterly perplexing..

And i can't see how people can just accept it :? wow, n0va may be famous to an online community consisting of a majority of children, but does being good (i use the term loosely, him being "good" is more reliant on the insane amount he plays) at a computer game make a good life, and set a good example??

I just can't understand why anyone would want to do it.. Unless they're a recluse. Which i very much doubt.

I just wish people would remember the basic principle of games like this, that they are actually games, something that should be played recreationally for fun in people's spare time, not something that should become an obsession and completely take over a person's life.

Just my two cents, i'm not trying to show any disrespect, but i still just don't get the reasoning behind people doing these sort of things.

Rsn: snyper jr

What a pathetic loser. Jagex should ban those top accounts and pay for counseling for the guys who play them.

Playing 12 hours a day is not healthy, mentally or physically.

Wow, you made that forum name just for this topic? Who's really the pathetic loser here? :roll:

And there i give you one point. bidawgtt vs novylifesux 1-0 haha :lol:

This is getting funny. It took me all of 45 seconds to register this name. It took Novy years of his life to hit 99 in all skills. That is years that he will never EVER get back. His as well as all the others in the top ranks really have a physical addiction to this game. It is no different from heroin or crack cocaine. These guys have no life skills, and have forgot how to deal with anyone in real life.

From the posts here I really do think that there are more than a few people that see the life problems that this game is bringing to its top players. Gaming is fun and a great way to blow off steam, but when this game becomes life, then people should really take some social responsability, especially JAGEX and take care of these hopless addicts.

An addiction that has YEARS of enforcement, like RS for these players, really does need counseling. Do a quick google search. People move on to the next game and keep shoving their life farther and farther away.

Very sad

Just from writting in this forum alone, it meant that you spent a good portion of your life in this game as well. I ask you, what you play for? Probably leisure. To him, completing the game is a goal. This game is a hobby that he's willing to dedicate his time to, much like how others dedicate themselves into anime, or writting, or programming. Whether the hobby's worth the time from other people's perspective is pointless.

Respect? Achievment? Sorry to post twice in a row guys, but this post takes the cake. Novylife deserves your sympathy. He has a problem, just as bad as alcoholism. That is the definition of adiction. How many people want to bet that he would fail the addiction test miserably? Here it is, try it yourself:

http://counsellingresource.com/quizzes/ ... index.html

That is a direct link from wiki. Come on people. This is not something to be emulated.

Just from writting in this forum alone, it meant that you spent a good portion of your life in this game as well. I ask you, what you play for? Probably leisure. To him, completing the game is a goal. This game is a hobby that he's willing to dedicate his time to, much like how others dedicate themselves into anime, or writting, or programming. Whether the hobby's worth the time from other people's perspective is pointless.

Respect? Achievment? Sorry to post twice in a row guys, but this post takes the cake. Novylife deserves your sympathy. He has a problem, just as bad as alcoholism. That is the definition of adiction. How many people want to bet that he would fail the addiction test miserably? Here it is, try it yourself:

http://counsellingresource.com/quizzes/ ... index.html

That is a direct link from wiki. Come on people. This is not something to be emulated.

Really, I must disagree. His addiction might be as strong as some acoholics, but there are major differences. For instance, N0valyfe is only mentally addicted. Besides, alcohol messes with your inhibitions and hurts others much more than playing video games frequently.

N0valyfe's addiction to RuneScape is much healthier than addiction to drugs and most items people commonly rely on. He's not hurting himself directly, let the man live his life the way he sees fit.

[quote name="primadog

Really' date=' I must disagree. His addiction might be as strong as some acoholics, but there are major differences. For instance, N0valyfe is only mentally addicted. Besides, alcohol messes with your inhibitions and hurts others much more than playing video games frequently.

N0valyfe's addiction to RuneScape is much healthier than addiction to drugs and most items people commonly rely on. He's not hurting himself directly, let the man live his life the way he sees fit.[/quote]

Much healthier? You must be in denial as well. That is the surest sign of a problem. Want to bet RS isn't causing him problems with his life?

The physical list is long and documented, and I am sure everyone on these forums has had a sore wrist/shoulder at some point from fletching, herblore, crafting...

No exercise, no social interaction, no job. Those are all very physical manifestations of an addiction.

[quote name="primadog

Really' date=' I must disagree. His addiction might be as strong as some acoholics, but there are major differences. For instance, N0valyfe is only mentally addicted. Besides, alcohol messes with your inhibitions and hurts others much more than playing video games frequently.

N0valyfe's addiction to RuneScape is much healthier than addiction to drugs and most items people commonly rely on. He's not hurting himself directly, let the man live his life the way he sees fit.[/quote]

Much healthier? You must be in denial as well. That is the surest sign of a problem. Want to bet RS isn't causing him problems with his life?

The physical list is long and documented, and I am sure everyone on these forums has had a sore wrist/shoulder at some point from fletching, herblore, crafting...

No exercise, no social interaction, no job. Those are all very physical manifestations of an addiction.

Well, I was trying to get around being this direct. It's less of a problem than Self-Injury, Drug Addiction, Anorexia, and the end all of all problems, suicide.