Tip.It Times Presents: N0valyfe Speaks!

oddfaery2

I think that this is one of the saddest articles I have read in the tip it times. To think that this person sits for 10 to 12 hours a day and plays this game is horrible. My thoughts are who has to pay for his food and houseing, who is even paying for him to play this game. I am an avid player of runescape, I put in a lot of hours myself, but my advice asked for or not is that this man should get a life, learn to support himself, interact with real human people and then come back and enjoy runescape for what it is, a game with pretend characters, I guarentee real life is a lot more rewarding.

• Replies 361
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Think about it. 10-12 hours a day. That's half a day every day. 3 1/2 days a week, 2 weeks a month, 6 months a year. That's 182 SOLID DAYS A YEAR. Games are fun, but spending HALF YOUR LIFE ON THEM is BAD.

Lol i know you need a life to live in. You need sport. You need a social life. You need a job. You need tons of things. 12 hours is just a waste of you life. I mean I know RS is awesome but i wouldn't trade it for my life!!! :evil:

Random+Hobos.png

people , people , this is not going to turn into a witch hunt,

evryone has the right to do there own thing , not my bag , but hey.

a honest reply to the time question should be greeted with a round of applause not scorn. it would have been easy to duck the dificult questions and look even cooler than he is.

zezima ive seen im and he doesnt talk :shock: buy nova does :!: :!: :!: its so cool but why doesnt zezima talk i dont get it :( he is awsome and i seen him beat all in duel arena :shock: :oops: im getting off topic but the fact is i want to be cool like Nova, and im not :( and id like help eventually :oops:

WOW! 10- 12 hours a day! :shock:

I wish my bank looked like that :D. Was surprised that he didnt have a dragon chain, but then again each row in his bank could each probably get him a chain anyways! lol

Anyway great nice article! Was an very interesting read from an accomplished player. Loved it.

Bye the way, why wasnt TheOldNite mentioned in the "race for xp"? Im assuming hes still #2....

thenewsiglw3.png

pretty cool ive been playing a year and a half or so i only have 79 str 61 attk 54 def lol 80 mage but i mess around on rs i dont work that hard cause i play 1-8hrs a day ive stop playing for a while because im not a member but i shall get 90 str+ 1 day and 94 mage but i dont train cause i cant focus i admire nova for his dedication to rs

Questions that were not asked that would have been interesting:

1. What 2 or 3 skills did you least like raising? Which 2 or 3 did you like raising the best?

2. In your 2 years of playing, what's been the most beneficial change to RS, the least beneficial?

3. What approach would you have done differently in you stat raising, with the hindsight you have today?

4. Any comments on the other aspects of Runescape (PvP, Minigames, Quests).

It was an interesting article all around. Yes, it's not cool in my opinion to spend 12 hours a day for the last 2 years playing Runescape. Still, you have millions of people just watching television everyday, at least he interacts.

His bank was interesting. It's set up like mine (organized runes, commonly used items, herbs, armor, etc.) for quick access to the task at hand. I like how he points out raising skills on the cheap. Granted, Prayer is nothing but cash. You CANNOT reasonably kill 500k ghasts and keep your sanity so it's grind or nothing (did he grind his prayer?).

Now it's a matter of maxing out XP (200 mill) in the fast skills like fletching, cooking, firemaking and maybe smithing.

nukemarine.png

Learn how to Learn Japanese on your own - Nukemarine's Suggested Guide for Beginners in Japanese
Stop Forgetting Stuff for College and Life - Anki - a program which makes remembering things easy
Reach Elite Fitness - CrossFit

Quit harassing the guy. He can play 10-12 hrs if he wants to, I will admit that I am jealous :cry: of his incredible success in the game. but I am a casual player, I usually go 1hr max on weekdays, 3hrs max on holidays.

The one thing above all the wealth and items that I really admire is his god-like bank organizational skills. As well, he really seems to stockpile the strangest items. 585 strange fruit!! More than 2 dozen sets of black d hide armor ( cause u never know lol :D )

- The Yellow and Black Attack -

ooo, seems like a pretty good guy. wasn't boasting or anything. very worthy of reverence.

ooo, and, the bank?

i'd hit that-- twice.

proud quest cape owner

here's my first post on the TIF (scroll to the bottom)

feel free to pm me, but do make sure that i know you're a Tip.It user (in other words, give me a HYT)

signatureTIF.jpg

As for him taking a year or two off...BIG DEAL. His degree is in a field that there is always a demand for jobs and they are always quite well paying. I know MANY people who either take a year off in college or once they are done with college. So what if someone takes a year off and goes out to bars every night or goes backpacking through europe or if someone takes a year off and plays RS...as long as it's something they like. I know of certain fields that look favorably upon taking a year off...They see it as time for you to really decide if you want to do what you went to school for...

The 10-12 hours a day...Come on people...I'm suprised it wasn't higher. I know Zezima consistently was on for more like 16-18 at one point...I'm forgetting that most of you can't count too. If he spends 10 hours on a day, that still leaves 6 HOURS of free time (if he gets 8 hours of sleep a night). With that 6 hours he very well could have a part time job or go out with friends every night...

Personally i see this guy being way more of a socially adjusted and normal person than say Zezima.

11 hours a day (average) every day, at $30 an hour, plus overtime (which I would hope an elec. engineer would get), over the last 21 months would mean he would have earned $263,000 ACTUAL dollars if he had gotten a job instead of Runescape.

I like the game and all, but LOOOO-HOOO-SER!

Nice interview, I liked it very much. Good job on that bank and those lvls!

Ok I admit maybe you played a little bit to much but well I don't really care about that.

I also like the idea of interviewing rs celebs but wouldn't it be fun to make like a Tip.It celeb interview with not just 1 pers.? Like put oddfaery and Trojann and Leesters, etc., etc. together in one interview . What do you guys think about it?

Greetings,

Hapana

In the interview a question was stated that Since you had lack of rsc experience did this effect you not wanting to invest in phats...

My oppinion on this having more rsc experience then 97 percent of the rs community is that phats are at the high right now.... Phat will crash again... they crashed in rsc twice and they will crash again....

you'll regret for using all of you're time on a pixelgame man.

its your choice offcourse , just 10-12 hours a day.. well :s seems alot

you played 4000 hours this year.

well gl with the other things you need to do.

Some people dream of success, while others make it happen.