is PKING right?

hungryblader

I only pk people deep in wildy, Not rcers tryna make a living, The ones who see it coming, Are the ones who die

128+ Combat \\ 1900+ Total Level \\ 85M+ EXP

5,999th To 99 Woodcutting Achieved June 27, 2007

66,931st To 99 Strength Achieved January 23rd, 2009

Draconic Visage: 1+ \\ DK Drops: 169+ \\ GWD Drops: 74+

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think it's stupid from pkers to attacks people that are OBVIOUSLY not worth it.

I mean, how many times have i been in the wild to do a clue scroll and had nothing on me, and got attacked anyway..Why?

It is just annoying, and the other gains nothing except my bones.

Its the same for people killing you when you're training agility at the wilderness course, they only get lousy cakes....

When they attack you while you are doing that, they are accomplishing what Jagex intended. Namely, they provide danger to justify the large potential rewards from clue scrolls, or the speed of agility and runecraft training.

And it's not really fair to say that it's "obviously not worth it".

For example, if suddenly PKers COULD NOT attack clue scroll solvers, how many more level 3 clue scrolls could get solved? All these solved clues mean more zamorak pages and more rune armor. More zamorak pages means pures have an easier time training, making potentially dangerous opponents, while more rune armor reduces the value of their PKed rune armor.

There is also a chance the clue solver accidentally brought money with him into the wilderness. Or perhaps he had solved the clue in the wild and foolishly opened a casket with a robin hood hat in level 50 or 35 wilderness. (Like me and my little brother. :lol:) People PK daggers and whips at the agility arena too. Again, the trainer might have 50k-100k for some reason. Even if they don't have anything especially valuable, even cakes can help. What if the PKer was walking away from portal and took a blow from the chaos elemental? Maybe he doesn't want to waste sharks and would rather eat this cake the agility trainer was using?

PKers have every right to attack any other player in the wilderness. In part, that is what holds this game together.

There are some PKers who think they should only fight other PKers, because PKing is to experience a challenging and entertaining fight against another player. At the same time, there are other PKers who kill just for money. They want free stuff. Then there are PKers who kill to keep the wilderness dangerous.

PKing is not "right" or "wrong". It just is.

Whether anyone thinks pking is right or not is really a moot point. It is a vital part of the game and Jagex has even made a way to avoid it for those who don't want to pk or be pk'd. It's called staying out of the wildy. It doesn't matter whether you go there to pk, train, hunt clues, pick berries or collect hides. Most pkers kill for the thrill and will kill anyone they run into. If you aren't willing to risk getting pk'd stay out of the wild. simple. People who have moral issues with pking should be looking for another game, imo.

And to those guys who say pkers get nothing from you except bones or whatever, that is not true. They get nice xp and a rockin adrenaline rush. Sorry, wildy is wildy..put your big boy/girl panties on and take the risk or don't go there.

From that guy who's wearing nothing and can't even defend himself (me), is there really a thrill?

And you think 336 xp is good xp? :roll: That was a stupid reason.

It's like you're going hunting, and kill a good lot of deers, and pass by a sleeping one. There's no thrill in shooting it.

How do we know you don't have 2 party hat sets in your inventory?

What if you just finished a clue and you have a robin hat and 4-5 pieces of rune armor?

Maybe you accidentally brought 500k to wild instead of 5 cakes?

I hunt down dragon slayers now. I used to only PK other pures but after several hours of conversing with a certain friend of mine, I've agreed with him a bit more.

Here are my reasons for PKing at Green Dragons

1) Jagex put green dragons at the wilderness for a reason. They want PKers to make it more difficult, because these dragons are ridiculously easy and are so rewarding to kill.

2) The more I walk around there, the more autoers I see. Out of the dragon slayers I kill, 80% are autos. This means they fall into two groups: level 60-75 accounts with stupid names mostly made of numbers who walk the same path, never talk, and have slow reactions, and always wear 3 pieces of rune, anti-dragon shield, and adamant full helm, and level 40-50 accounts with stupid names, wearing msb, 200 bronze arrows, and no food, ranging green dragons from the same spot every time.

People who can get away when attacked have earned their profit. Nothing should be easy, they have to EARN their money, EARN their prayer and crafting XP. And that means fighting tough monsters, OR fighting easier monsters and escaping my magic and blade as well as that of every other PKer who believes it is one's duty as a PKer to remove those who don't deserve these awards.

vincent.jpg

~Alucard

I play this game for fun (unlike a lot of people out there) and pking is, quite simply, fun (for my anyway).

So yes, I enjoy pking, and I never mind dying unless it's due to lag/pjer/tagger etc. I might actually head out there now ^_^

jd4mfinalsmal0jp.gif

Proper Daily blogging including Starcraft 2!

Includes goal for 80+ all stats

I play this game for fun (unlike a lot of people out there) and pking is, quite simply, fun (for my anyway).

So yes, I enjoy pking, and I never mind dying unless it's due to lag/pjer/tagger etc. I might actually head out there now ^_^

Amen to that (bolded part).

Personally, I don't enjoy PK'ing, but it's probably the most exciting thing in the game. Killing Rex from a safespot or killing Prime with prayer is nothing compared to PvP.

[if you have ever attempted Alchemy by clapping your hands or

by drawing an array, copy and paste this into your signature.]

Fullmetal Alchemist, you will be missed. A great ending to a great series.

I have to agree that PKing for the sake of it (attacking a player who is training agility, a player wearing and carrying nothing, activating god staff etc.) is a pretty stupid waste of time and shows poor character.

Unfortunately, there will always be those p00n u n00b mentalities out there, I know some of them, and they treat it like it's just a good laugh, a part of the game. It is a good laugh (especially when they get mowed down by a passing clan :D ) and it is a part of the game, but I guess you have to accept that this is the nature of the wilderness and some of the people that roam around in it.

RS wouldn't be the same without the wildy area. The benefits of the various respawns/training grounds etc. are well balanced with the risk factors. Level three clue scrolls yield the best items (usually :-k ) and thus the extra risk is justified.

Don't follow me. You might not make it.

All your accounts are belong to us now.
If this were a dictatorship, it'd be a heck of a lot easier, just so long as I'm the dictator

Ok, i think your mixing up the real world and runescape, people in runescape know that if they in the wilderness, they always have a risk of pking, is not like going into someones living room and killing them..... anyways i find pking to be fun, even rcer pking, no rules/laws are being broken. And for the whole "feeling bad if you kill someone" thing, i think thats your decision, if you feel bad about killing someone, just don't defend yourself when you go into the wildy, or just avoid the whole wildy itself (drop all clues leading there, dont use the abyss, dont use the agility couse, dont go to mage arena, dont kill any mosters there). :shock:

personally, i think its fine to pk, you arent hearting anyone, and its part of runescape. Jagex wouldn't have put it in the game if it was too unbalance or unfair.... :?

[iNSERT "I R EATIN TEH SHIX ATM" BILL COSBY SIGNATURE GIF HERE, LOL]

[...]

When they attack you while you are doing that, they are accomplishing what Jagex intended. Namely, they provide danger to justify the large potential rewards from clue scrolls, or the speed of agility and runecraft training.

And it's not really fair to say that it's "obviously not worth it".

For example, if suddenly PKers COULD NOT attack clue scroll solvers, how many more level 3 clue scrolls could get solved? All these solved clues mean more zamorak pages and more rune armor. More zamorak pages means pures have an easier time training, making potentially dangerous opponents, while more rune armor reduces the value of their PKed rune armor.

There is also a chance the clue solver accidentally brought money with him into the wilderness. Or perhaps he had solved the clue in the wild and foolishly opened a casket with a robin hood hat in level 50 or 35 wilderness. (Like me and my little brother. :lol:) People PK daggers and whips at the agility arena too. Again, the trainer might have 50k-100k for some reason. Even if they don't have anything especially valuable, even cakes can help. What if the PKer was walking away from portal and took a blow from the chaos elemental? Maybe he doesn't want to waste sharks and would rather eat this cake the agility trainer was using?

PKers have every right to attack any other player in the wilderness. In part, that is what holds this game together.

There are some PKers who think they should only fight other PKers, because PKing is to experience a challenging and entertaining fight against another player. At the same time, there are other PKers who kill just for money. They want free stuff. Then there are PKers who kill to keep the wilderness dangerous.

PKing is not "right" or "wrong". It just is.

[...]

How do we know you don't have 2 party hat sets in your inventory?

What if you just finished a clue and you have a robin hat and 4-5 pieces of rune armor?

Maybe you accidentally brought 500k to wild instead of 5 cakes?

I hunt down dragon slayers now. I used to only PK other pures but after several hours of conversing with a certain friend of mine, I've agreed with him a bit more.

Here are my reasons for PKing at Green Dragons

1) Jagex put green dragons at the wilderness for a reason. They want PKers to make it more difficult, because these dragons are ridiculously easy and are so rewarding to kill.

2) The more I walk around there, the more autoers I see. Out of the dragon slayers I kill, 80% are autos. This means they fall into two groups: level 60-75 accounts with stupid names mostly made of numbers who walk the same path, never talk, and have slow reactions, and always wear 3 pieces of rune, anti-dragon shield, and adamant full helm, and level 40-50 accounts with stupid names, wearing msb, 200 bronze arrows, and no food, ranging green dragons from the same spot every time.

People who can get away when attacked have earned their profit. Nothing should be easy, they have to EARN their money, EARN their prayer and crafting XP. And that means fighting tough monsters, OR fighting easier monsters and escaping my magic and blade as well as that of every other PKer who believes it is one's duty as a PKer to remove those who don't deserve these awards.

You're both right, I had not seen that from that angle. Thanks for explanation.

(Even though the part about the party hat sets and such is a bit farfetched ::' lol)

PKing is always going to be essentially sociopathic in nature, because you're killing people with the aim of getting their stuff. However, this doesn't make it wrong per se, as it's part of a game where sociopathy is allowed (see, for example, my Grand Sociopathic Day Out Thread: http://forum.tip.it/viewtopic.php?t=482008)

What is worrying, however, is the rise in people killing others purely for the joy of killing, i.e. three-itemers, agility trainers and people on their way to the Mage Bank. While this slaughter again isn't wrong, it is symptomatic of a trend towards kids annoying others just to make their presence felt. Witness, for example, those kids on the bus who like to stick out their feet to make old people trip over. It's done for the purpose of annoyance and to draw attention to themselves, which is just sad. However, there are ways of countering this phenomenon, such as (a) stamping on their feet and (B) carrying a DDP++. It is important to resist these people, lest this trend grow worse and these children grow up and start wearing bigger shoes.

"Join me next week on 'Let's Make No Freaking Sense', when I shall be waxing an owl."

- Green Wing

Barrows Drops: 1x Verac's Flail, 2x Karil's Crossbow, 1x Torag's Hammers, 1x Karil's Leatherskirt, 1x Karil's Coif

*enjoys watching all the people with no lifes talk about it, its true, u guys have no lives if you are asking this*

I play rs when im bored.... since i don't live near anyone, and killing people is the best part!

basically....

ITS JUST A GAME, so get a life.

I hope you realize the irony behind you posting that. You posted as well, what makes you any different?

Anyways, i definitly agree with many of the arguments, except for the ones for killing people with nothing on them, it seems really pointless, and not very nice. Shouldnt it not only be our goal to be good players, but also to be good people.

sig3gk6.png

i haven't read this whole thread (then again im not going to argueing ONE persons posts) I am going to state my opinion:

First off...i saw a few people say (not just in this thread...but all other "why do people PK?" threads) "well pkers dont make money..so why do it?"

i dont know about other PKers...but the reason i do it is to actually test my characters strength/weakness. Instead of sitting in a cave all day killing "misc. creatures" that most likely never put you in danger....i like to go out and fight someONE who will actually give me a challenge back. Oh, i could sit and fight Portals (in PC), Lessers, or whatever people train on these days...and go straight to 126 combat....but all thats proving is "i have the time to max my stats"....it proves nothing (IMO)...

instead i go out...attack someone(who actually controls their character)...use my skills to my advantage...use my knowledge to my advantage...and hope i can overcome the challenge. All PKers know its not always about stats. (monkey_933 or whatever the numbers were proved this) Having certain stats can be an advantage...but its using them at the right time.

All im saying is, you need a certain skill (not the kind of skill you can "level") to be a good PKer. Most of the time you see someone post a kill in the Graveyard section. Its not about the money (in my eyes) its about overcoming an ACTUAL CHALLENGE rather than just proving how much time you have to play a game (like most of the non combat skills show)

Were not "destructive" people.

Also in my years of reading these boards (and scapeboard) alot of people say there is no honour in PKing other people...well i have 2 statements to make on this note:

First, dont say there is no honor in PKing...then go off and complain when you get PKed trying to make nats using the abyss. IF you think we have no honour, then dont expect sympathy when we see you skulled with a glory ammy/rune pick/sometimes even armour and we attack you.

I know this has been stated many many times before...but its true: The abyss was put in the wilderness for a reason. If you want to make 1K nats in an hour (opposed to 2 hours going the long way) then expect some kind of risk. If PKers stopped pking people using the abyss...then the abyss should be relocated...maybe to varrock square :roll: ... Jagex put it there for a reason....

"Why kill someone for a measly drag ammy?" I dont...but i can see why people do.... "defensless" people with no prayer and no tele runes (why take teles when you can get 2 more nats per run :roll:) are pretty easy to kill...you kill 10 a day that 650K.. (not including rune pick/axe or armour they wear)..with no costs to them

Now for my 2nd statement about Honour in the wilderness:

There used to be honour and rules in the wildy..ill name a few for people who dont remember or just dont know:

-dont take teles

-dont PJ

-dont prayer 1v1

-dont tag people

The reason for these rules is this: It takes no skill to pk someone when using a combination of these "rules" or what most of us consider "unwritten laws"...most honourable PKers PK for the pride they get when overcoming an ACTUAL challenge (back to my main point of this post as you can see)

These days, the wildy is filled with a bunch of people who tele or pray when getting their butt kicked...which IMO makes you a bad PKer. THere are only a few people who can actually consider themselves honourable PKers...and they always will be....and for the same reason. They like the challenge.

Yea i kinda got off-topic there...so ill stop now

Dont forget guys...this is just my OPINION.

i dont know about other PKers...but the reason i do it is to actually test my characters strength/weakness. Instead of sitting in a cave all day killing "misc. creatures" that most likely never put you in danger....i like to go out and fight someONE who will actually give me a challenge back. Oh, i could sit and fight Portals (in PC), Lessers, or whatever people train on these days...and go straight to 126 combat....but all thats proving is "i have the time to max my stats"....it proves nothing (IMO)...

Noting sig, this is the kind of guy I both agree with and respect 8-) (very nice post; I saw nothing to argue with you about :o :P ).

Very few things in this game are worthy of respect (i.e., castle wars legend, monster boss pioneers) and expert pker is one of the few occupations on the list 8-) .

[...]

-dont take teles

-dont PJ

-dont prayer 1v1

-dont tag people

[...]

Very interesting post! But what is PJ?

Pile Jumping

its when Player A is fighting Player B....Player A kills Player B....then a Player C jumps in and tries to kill Player A (when he is picking up his loot...and is low on food)..usually resulting in Player C getting both kills just because he jumped in and used his specials

How about you go to Iraq right now and get shot at and when u pick up a gun and put a bullet through someones head ill remind you that he had a family and children. The wilderness is a warzone, if you play with fire, you will get burned. Stay out of the wild if u dont want a dd in your skull

If at first you dont suceed, then you fail.

How about you go to Iraq right now and get shot at and when u pick up a gun and put a bullet through someones head ill remind you that he had a family and children. The wilderness is a warzone, if you play with fire, you will get burned. Stay out of the wild if u dont want a dd in your skull

Though your post does vaguely support your argument (barely), never compare Runescape to Real Life, especially when trying to support an argument.

Rc pking is just dirty, defenseless people trying to make some cash. But if your out there to pk then be ready for a blast because in members it either own or be owned.

Says the person with "luring master" in his sig... :roll:

You lurers are pathetic.

Pk fairly, instead of trying to drag others into the wilderness with your sick, twisted lies.

pissant22.png

7 months ago, shoulen m0nk lured me for everything. If you know anything about him, pm me.

lol that was a good story but his eyesight must be poor... it's a well known fact that mods only drop garages on players. :lol:

I agree with this, but when you look at it, its not a person world hopping at agility, its pvp combat the way its supposed to be. And i totaly agree with that.

sig3gk6.png

[...]

-dont take teles

-dont PJ

-dont prayer 1v1

-dont tag people

[...]

Very interesting post! But what is PJ?

Pile Jumping

its when Player A is fighting Player B....Player A kills Player B....then a Player C jumps in and tries to kill Player A (when he is picking up his loot...and is low on food)..usually resulting in Player C getting both kills just because he jumped in and used his specials

That's dirty!

Thanks for answer.

I like pking and make my moneying doing it.

But i think some pkers go oer board killing rcers and people doing clues but trainers and other people are fair game unless they just got a kill.

Back From Vaction (Finals back to rs and tip it ^_^)