is PKING right?

hungryblader

ok, here's some debate. I usually am not fond of PKing. I sometimes, (rarely) attack another player unless he attacks me first. I HATE being killed, and sometimes I feel bad after PKing someone. My friends are violent and destructive. The kill anything that moves. What do you guys think? I know i'm gonna get some mixed answers.

"Dost hath not giveth thy name 'noob' to thy brethren...

...Or thou art must considereth thyself a noob as well."

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If pking weren't right there would be no wilderness? :roll:

It's right, It's Fun, It's pimp.

Go train some skills and you'll see how fun it is to PK.

sigjoy8pe.png

I SURVIVED THE 111 BUG

If a turtle doesnt have a shell, is it naked or homeless ?

ok, here's some debate. I usually am not fond of PKing. I sometimes, (rarely) attack another player unless he attacks me first. I HATE being killed, and sometimes I feel bad after PKing someone. My friends are violent and destructive. The kill anything that moves. What do you guys think? I know i'm gonna get some mixed answers.

Me too....

siggd7.jpg

Well, you can't really complain about dying in the wild. You don't like to die, are afraid of dying, don't like PK'ers, etc. Don't go in the wild. That goes for RC'ers :twisted:

The self-proclaimed king of bronze.

I used to not like it until I got past 70 combat. I hated always getting owned by clans in the wildy. But it's an exciting thing to do in runescape, just like the good ole' Castle Wars. :D

The only pk'ing that is 'bad' is abyss pk'ers. If you go into the wildy, you know the risks, and if you go into multi wildy on your own wearing anything good, you have noone to blame for your impending death

Back by popular demand!

And I guess I just wanted to tell you, as the light starts to fade, that you aree the reason, that I am not afraid, and I guess I just wanted to mention, as the heavens will fall, that we will be together soon if we will be anything at all.

Since this is meant to be a debate....

I personally do not pk unless I am in a clan war or something of the sort.

Although, I do not think pking is completely wrong. I say if you are out there to pk, go pk someone else who is out there to pk.

I do not really "like" seeing or hearing about the rc's that are pked but I can see a point to people doing it, as some have runes on them and others have glories and some even have armour.

What I really dislike is seeing Agility trainers being killed.

Obviously I love agility, its my highest stat, and for the most part the agility arena is pretty empty out there in the wild. But it just gets to me when I have been there for a couple hours, am about to finally get another level and someome comes and pks me.

Mind you what's even worse is when I go there and get pk'd by OTHER trainers! they won't get food from me, or weapons (I take no weapons only a knife to cut the webs) and I take about 10 lobs AT MOST!! I have plenty of time to eat them while being killed just so the pker doesn't get the satisfaction of getting food from me.

But I am not going to actually "whine" or complain and say it is unfair, its fair alright, very fair. If I didn't want to risk being pk'd at all I could easily go to one of the other agility places to train.

While it is fair, it is not very nice, mind you I like to practice comon courtesy, which many people on this game seem to lack.

Just my two cents...

Kat

Call me Kat, or Kathy Corkat

I don't pk myself; i'd feel pretty pathetic picking on lower leveled people for money, and i don't have the skills to challenge people bigger than me.

Generally i don't complain about pkers. The wildy's a threat for a good reason, and if people want to earn that way i guess it's their choice. However, the idiots who PK me when i've clearly got nothing to offer really wind me up. If you see someone running to the mage bank with a black long and nothing else, leave them be ffs.

In a little hilltop village they gambled for my clothes

I bargained for salvation and they gave me a lethal dose

I offered up my innocence, I got repaid with scorn

"Come in'', she said, "I'll give you shelter from the storm"

Although, I do not think pking is completely wrong. I say if you are out there to pk, go pk someone else who is out there to pk.

I do not really "like" seeing or hearing about the rc's that are pked but I can see a point to people doing it, as some have runes on them and others have glories and some even have armour.

Obviously I love agility, its my highest stat, and for the most part the agility arena is pretty empty out there in the wild. But it just gets to me when I have been there for a couple hours, am about to finally get another level and someome comes and pks me.

Mind you what's even worse is when I go there and get pk'd by OTHER trainers! they won't get food from me, or weapons (I take no weapons only a knife to cut the webs) and I take about 10 lobs AT MOST!! I have plenty of time to eat them while being killed just so the pker doesn't get the satisfaction of getting food from me.

But I am not going to actually "whine" or complain and say it is unfair, its fair alright, very fair. If I didn't want to risk being pk'd at all I could easily go to one of the other agility places to train.

While it is fair, it is not very nice, mind you I like to practice comon courtesy, which many people on this game seem to lack.

Just my two cents...

Kat

The reason why key areas are introduced into the wilderness IE; the agility course and the abyss entrance are so that it adds more of a challenge. If agility trainers were supposed to be immune to attacks from players they simply wouldn't of put it in the wilderness. I suppose it's the disadvantage you have of training at the agility course as it gives the most experience. Like-wise, the disadvantage of having access to all altars and having the ability to teleport to them within 3 mins walking distance of a bank is that the entrance to this area (the abyss) is located in the wilderness.

I do find it annoying however when I get killed at the wilderness agility course, which is why I train agility at the monkey agility course; you never fail and you never get PKed.

Signiture1-1.gif

99 Magic, 99 Defence, 99 Strength, 99 Attack, 99 Hitpoints, 99 Fletching, 99 Woodcutting, 99 Firemaking, 99 Thieving, 99 Ranged, 99 Prayer, 99 Cooking, 99 Fishing

Oh yes I am fully aware of that :-) like I said its annoying but I won't go on whining about it due to the fact that its a risk I take.

I WOULD use the monkey agility course, but even though I have 88 agility I can not get to it because I do not have the cooking level needed to finish that part of the 100th quest :(

Call me Kat, or Kathy Corkat

I don't mind PKing in general or PKers, but I HATE abyss pkers. When you're abyss crafting and you get pked you lose your pouches, which for me, being 84 combat, would take over an hour and a few trips to get back. abyss crafters are virtually defenceless, no prayer and already skulled. All they get from killing you are a few hides and a glory :roll: . Abyss pkers are basiclly pkers who suck at pking and have to get attack defenceless peoples to get any kills.

Combat FTL

Combat_FTL.png

I never did any pking in 4 years of playing. Pking is bad money, and is not any good for training, so why one would do it? I suppose people just like it. After all, there is pking areas in all games, the little kids gotta exteriorise their destructive pulsions somewhere...

2480+ total

Just my two cents...

Kat

You people don't understand this at all. You are either the strong, or the weak. The weak can either die or get the hell out of the wild. The strong however, can do ANYTHING they want within Jagex rules. I personally don't pk Runecrafters but I think they DESERVE to be pk'ed.

Think about this for a second...You live in New York and a strange man enters your house. You have the right, to protect yourself and your property from the intruder. If a deer enters a lions den, the lion will kill and eat it.

If you think pk'ers should leave you alone then you should runecraft normally. Jagex put the abyss in there for a reason. Risk=reward.

Now then,a fun thing of mine to do is pk agility trainers. :D

Now, i'm not a stupid person...so don't think of me as one. I can hold my own against pk'ers at the mage bank but I don't want to have to bother. I'm American, after all....but If someone gets their hp low enough so my dagger can two hit them after i'm low on food...i'll do it. I will take their food because they did not properly protetc themself from me. I was a potential threat and they should've seen me.

Lets just say your training agility...now, if this course gives 2k exp per trip and is extremely fast exp...then OF COURSE you would be there! You HATE doing things the long way. (Take the longer, safe path...or the shorter, much dangerous path.) If there happened to be black dragons all along the course, you would surely bring prayer potions, sharks, and an anti-fire shield. Why is it then, that you don't protect yourself from pk'ers?

Let's just face it. If it's not against the rules...people will do it. Ranting on a non-official Runescape fan site forum won't change that.