is PKING right?

hungryblader

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think pking should be banned...

I mean who would want to fight another player in a MMORPG game?

Maybe we should petion to the creators?

lol...

pking needs to stay...

Lol.

The self-proclaimed king of bronze.

well... pking would be wrong if you tricked someone into going into the wildy without knowing the repurcussions. However, there is a handy pop-up tingy that stops you frun moving untill you close it saying that you can be attacked and killed by other players in the wildy, so if you die, its your own fault

plzstayokrf4.png

sodb4jz.jpg

Sodb Forum

siggiedxc2.png

Stop thinking. It's Runescape.

ok, here's some debate. I usually am not fond of PKing. I sometimes, (rarely) attack another player unless he attacks me first. I HATE being killed, and sometimes I feel bad after PKing someone. My friends are violent and destructive. The kill anything that moves. What do you guys think? I know i'm gonna get some mixed answers.
lol your too sensitive i like your freinds better

I've been debating to myself about PKing.

True PKing is part of the game, and most of the time, it's nothing personal.

But if you killed someone in game, chances are they they won't be your friend. ("You've killed me before, why should I do the new quest with you?")

ixfd64.png

ARENAscape:

Baratus [AS] max hit: 166 with Moon Battle Hammer

ixfd64 [AS] max hit: 116 with (untitled spell #2)

Or does Runescape take no skill?

point out where you use your skills in this game, i dont mean your skills as in, crafting i mean, human skills.

to me, a skill is to beable to successfully, and frequently do something over and over which is CHALLENGING(of course we all have bad days, and unlucky streaks)

heres an example of what id call a skill

i goto the mage bank, i see a 122 pking, he has full load of sharks super sets and i have the same. we are equally matched, weapon and armor. the only thing separating us, is the huge difference in melee stats.

if i could pull that kill off, perhaps luck, perhaps skill, i really should have died...yet i won, now....if i did this many times over and over, thats a skill

Any self-respecting MMORPG need to have a pvp system. It's just part of the golden rule.

Think of it, we play Runescape to interact with other players, else we'll all be playing RPGs like Final Fantasy XYZ instead. Trading is a kind of player-to-player interaction, forums is also a kind of player-to-player interaction, and PKing is no different.

I know how you dislike being PKed. No one feel good when they are at the wrong end of the axe, but some people do feel good when they're holding the axe handle. Allot of people in Runescape played this game because they can challenge other players in Wilderness, much like games like Counter-Strike, and win glorious loots in the process. Think about how unfair to them if PKing is removed?

My suggestion would be the same as others. If you dislike being PKed, avoid the wilderness. If you're doing a clue scroll, don't bring anything expensive, and avoid all the dangerous areas. Bring only dhides, tele runes, and server hop to a f2p server for the trip upwards. If you're rcing, always wear armor, hold a dds to scare them, and bring some one-click tele.

I myself hate being PKed, but I don't think others should be stopped from it just because I have a bad night on RS.

All I learned in life, I learned on Tip.it

Nah it's not right thats why they made a HUGE area taking over a quater of the whole map up made strictly for pking.. OFC.

Morally right and legally right are two different things, genius.

If you dont like getting killed etc... get the hell out off the wild simple.

And if you don't like being teleported from/protection prayed from etc... get the hell out of the wild, simple.

PK'ing in general is clearly a major part of the game and anyone who doesn't like it simply doesn't have to go to wildy. The only contentious areas seem to be clues, abyss pk'ing and agility, so here's my 2 cents on those:

On a clue 3/4 item don't attack anyone, and if there's someone nearby when you reach your location probably best to hop servers..

Agility - just what is the point? I mean really? Enjoy those bones won't you..

Abyss - I quite enjoy the challenge of pk'ers at the abyss and taunting them on my way to the mage. There are generally a few ways to avoid being pk'd there, my only grumble is that I've only ever seen one or two skilled pker's there. If I get attacked and know I'm going to die it's pray protect glory (I carry single shot prayer pot), drop medium and large pouch, edgeville tele, get changed and go hunt EDIT:having obviously picked my pouches back up :).... With only a handful of exceptions, every single "pker" at the abyss that i've gone back after has either run away (fair enuff if I fail to stop you) Or WORSE STILL tele'd.... So my opinion on abyss pk'ers is pretty low - usually because they're just not very good at it :wink:

Mordendravid.png

I like the way the pking system(the wilderness basically) was made, as it is a very rare occasion when you'll HAVE to go into the wild. So if you dont like it, you can completely avoid it. Don't complain about it cos you go there to do something quicker/easier, its the risks involved. In fact, if it wasnt there, the quicker/easier way probably wouldnt exist either.

Junkieman608.png

Rc pking is just dirty, defenseless people trying to make some cash. But if your out there to pk then be ready for a blast because in members it either own or be owned.

in my case, own. BUt anyways I have no sympathy for the people I kill. Just like I dont expect people to feel sorry when I die. Its a game.

• 8 months later...

I see no harm in PKing, its a fun way to blow off steam. The wilderness is my characters roaming grounds, i spend most of my playing time in there, oh, and go ahead and call me a low-life cuz i like to pk RC'ers :twisted:

Just as the great prophet of Zamorak said,

"Love thy broher, 0wnz thy negihbor."

As i am reading throught this i see people arguing that its allowed, not if its right or not. Ofcourse PK'ing is allowed, its the wild. The title asks if its right, a sort of philosophical question. I think PK'ing is right when its two parties who are both out there to fight, i dont nessisarily like abyss pk'ing or agility pk'ing. It's people out there getting skills the most efficiently way possible, which is what runescape really boils down to, efficiency. I have only been attacked once in the wild, never attacked anyone, and never killed. But I would find it difficult to camp in level 5 wilderness and attack people going to the abyss, or world hopping at agility to find a skiller.

sig3gk6.png

To everyone who is complaining about green dragon PKers and Abyss PKers.

Clue scrolls, green dragons, abyss, and many other potentially profitable activities are placed in the wilderness. That's right, "placed", as in JAGEX PUT THEM THERE.

That is BECAUSE Jagex WANTS PKers to kill people who attempt those actvities, therefore making them more dangerous.

There is absolutely nothing wrong with attacking people who are runecrafting or killing green dragons, UNLESS you are one of those people who are screaming about it being wrong.

As for whether PKing is right or wrong, it just is. If you don't like it, don't like being attacked, don't like losing your stuff, then don't go into wilderness.

There's noone telling you that you have to go to wilderness. Yes there are a few rewards that you must go into wilderness for, but that's the price you have to pay. You can't expect a fire cape without killing Jad. To get a good reward you have to do something unpleasant / difficult / time consuming.

Yeah to you last 4 people...I don't know you personally, but I'm pretty sure there's a rule on the forums not to bump threads up like this 2 weeks after it's started (unless it's a sticky)...much less 8 months old.

Yet it's also against the rules to recreate threads that are already on the forums.. :roll:

It's ok to bump a thread if you wish to continue the discussion within it, i'd say. ;)

Dork.jpeg

Sig And Avatar by Tripsis - 99 Slayer Blog - My Pyramid Plunder Guide

Owner of Fire Cape since 28-09-2005 - 426th to 99 Strength

the wild thing keeps what is left of the runescape economy in a little bit of a balance. although most of the hardcore pkers i know make nowhere near the cash i make at dag kings :roll: 1-2 mil a day isnt that great considering it can be very inconsistant cash.

i think that the single combat aspect of the wild needs to be modified and changed.

teaming is ok, but teams have an advantage. what i mean is if i am in combat with someone and they choose to not fight back so they can eat, their buddy can attack me and i have to stop attacking them.

i think i should be able to still attack the person that i was attacking first, even if their freind is on me. this would make it fair even when you have a team of ten 105's on you. even at 120 cmbt it is hard to set up that dds spec KO with people switching off and eating. most of the time you end up loosing kills (oh well whats a few mil)

the way the current system is i do better in multi then single(ice barrage is fun), so maybe we should change it all to multi.

arkwelded.png

semi-retired as i am the lastest victim of computer crack!

AKA... World of Warcraft