your reason for remaining f2p?

ixfd64

For those of you who have remained a free player for all your life, I have a few questions:

1. What made you remain f2p?

2. Have you ever wanted to be member?

3. Do you plan to be a member in the future?

I know that I'm not really qualified to answer this as I have acucmulated 6 months of members now, but before I was ever a member, I remained f2p because my parents would object to members.

I'd like to hear from high level f2p players, like Mendark 9. :)

ixfd64.png

ARENAscape:

Baratus [AS] max hit: 166 with Moon Battle Hammer

ixfd64 [AS] max hit: 116 with (untitled spell #2)

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1) If i ever get members i would be so much behind. I have to do quests worth over 150qps. I have to raise lots of skills, learn how stuff works e.g like pots\praying and sh*t.

2) only when i was low lvl (50 and below). But I learnt that f2p can be fun.

3) If ever, never. :!:

acountgreatfw3.th.gif

-Pride.

If I could own members by skill and combat, then I gathered its worth it.

-Every so often.

But then I just tell myself, "10 bucks for 1 month of pixels? No thanks..."

-NEVARRR!!!

The Enrichment Center reminds you that the weighted companion cube will never threaten to stab you and, in fact, cannot speak.

In the event that the weighted companion cube does speak, the Enrichment Center urges you to disregard its advice.

A: Poverty, that is. I'm a minor and $5 is 25% of what I get each month and I need money to survive outside my house. Plus, I'm not allowed to make any more Internet transactions, family issues.

A: Yes.

A: Yes, when I have enough income. If I don't get that forever I might train in skills that carry over back to F2P.

[Admin Edit: Innapropriate Text in sig removed]

1. No convenient way of paying. My mom doesn't have a credit card. :lol:

2. Yes. But I fear that RS would become a priority in life when that happens. I also like the idea of having equal or better stats than members even when they have an edge over me. 8)

3. Not any time soon.

RsN: Arcade

In the beginning there was no member option so I stayed f2p (no other choice). Then member was added but I was to busy with finishing up high school and after that came the university, which I am now on my 6th out of 9 semesters. My priority is to finish my biotechnology studies and not to spend hours on end playing runescape, which I most likely would do if I got members.

Yes, but I always decided that my studies were worth more.

No, when I am finished with my 8th semester I'll be doing a project work (hopefully at FOI, Swedish Defence Research Agency) and after that I'll be working around 12 hours a day i.e. to busy for runescaping.

Member of the moriquendi

Hmmm.. Ok..

Simple, when I play to much things happen, i gain weight, my grades drop, I loose my friends, my family gets pissed.. not a good situation.... so i've learnt to keep it under control.. I now only play on weekends for small chunks of time (I go on tip.it everyday though :P) and if I got members it would be so much more addacting, plus $5 a month wouldn't be worth that little time...

Haven't all f2p's? COLORED BOOTS!!!

Plain & simple.. NO

1: No convenient way of paying, and to lazy to try inconvenient ways. F2p is enough for me atm.

2: Yeah sometimes, not much though.

3: no, I'm crap at planning things, so I haven't got anything planned.

f2p skilltotal 1050+

1. i have been f2p for 6 months and i was a member for a month so im not sure i completely applie to this (although i am currently f2p) i havent got members because i have parents who object to me paying to play rs (something i think a lot of people can relate to)

2. oh yes...yes indeed

3. i should be getting members in june so im using the time to get my attk to 80 my fishing to 80 and my cooking to 80...currently 79 attk 76 fishing and 76 cooking.

weednbkdq9copyhz4.jpg

Empire Mind:Nbk killed your clan.

NATURAL BORN KILLERS

JUST LIKE THAT

In a similar response as to acount great, I would have to say that members is like another game and has far too much to do.

Who wouldn't? Now I wouldn't even think about it because I don't believe it will be worthwhile for me.

Most unlikely, even if you pay for me. :wink:

Many reasons, the lack of intrest towards P2P, the money, the simplicity of F2P. I have given meself goals on F2P and I can't stop now that I'm so close in completing them.

Also, back in RSC, most people tought P2P wasn't going to be THAT much different then F2P, everyone was still believing that F2P would get updates aswell.

Not really, I must see I fancy some options that members have, but I've never had the urge to become one.

Probely not, I've been given the chance to get members for free from friends , but I didn't like the idea them paying for something I didn't really want to have.

The thing however is that many people saying that they 'own' members mostly have a total level around 950-1050. This isn't high, even for F2P. 1000 total was very good in RSC, but since then we have been given alot of extra's (runecrafting, more arrows, more trees) so it isn't that big of a deal anymore.

1.- Because i want try it first.. for free. Then, i realize its a very very long way to reach high level skills.. no matter if you are member or not. So, i ll continue training for free, until i have done all scores.. Then.. who knows?

2.- Only when i ve completed all of free quest.. I already done 39, and I want more!!

3.- Not really.. but iÃÆââ¬Å¡Ãâôm curious about how the whole members world look like.. IÃÆââ¬Å¡Ãâôm wait for a possible "free month full member account demo".. I think Jagex should release that option.. so, many like me, try the complete stuff.. and maybe like it, and pay for a year subscription... You know.. if you taste it, then you pay for it..

axel_phx.png

1. cant pay for members

2. yeah, i would probably become one if given the chance and i had a bunch of extra time.

3. probably not.

for some people, its a matter of pride. some remain f2p because they see getting 99s in those skills through f2p as a much harder and more honerable goal. it is true that its much harder to get good levels in f2p, so i can see where they are coming from there.

I couldn't care less if he was Andrew Gower himself, I just don't like arrogant smegheads.
*in the voice of the comic book guy from the simpsons* best. quote. EVER! :thumbsup:

No easy way to pay, still waiting for pay-by-SMS in the rest of Europe.

Yes! Altough I think I've got lots of catching up to do.

As soon as i can.

w00t me sig is working, gotta love the godfather

i want to be different then the rest

yes once in a while but i want to stay f2p just like some of my best friends

nevah

sig312.png

angel2w.gif

My parents won't let me go p2p, even if i pay myself. Apparently there are more productive things to do... :shock: :)

2. Have you ever wanted to become a member?

Yes. Ever since I learned it existed. And ever since all my friends became members and i was stuck on the f2p worlds :cry:

I'm hoping as i get older i'll get more freedom and then become a member for a couple months. After college if i'm still interested which might not happen, I'd probably try it for a while. The length really depends how much my income is by then. Although if i have a high income i might not have time to play :?