Players want accuracy rather than speed?

Umega

For the Runescapes' homepage poll "What is the most important thing you look for in a new weapon?"

Most people say they look for more strength in a weapon, which of course is understandable. Then in second place people want more accuracy for a weapon, why is that?

I would of thought that speed would come quite close to strength, but speed only comes in 3rd place. The speed and strength of the weapon is important in the wilderness and other pvp games. But I guess accuracy would become quite important in duels. I was quite surprised about the outcome of this poll.

No longer playing Runescape, I caught the WoW bug.

Not much point striking something 5 times a second if every strike bounces off.
No point always hitting if you hit once every minute.

awesome_bloodvelds_siggeh.pngpossiblesig11.png

:^_^: I drew that smilie, btw, along with a few more used by this site.

Classic bloodveld for lyph3! Although I do like the new ones.

Like a ninja, here I was, gone I am now.

BUT! I may be back! Add my new account, Dr Bloodveld!

Not much point striking something 5 times a second if every strike bounces off.
No point always hitting if you hit once every minute.

But you will kill it that way

Why is 'common sense' so named, when there is so little of it about?

Welcome to puberty, we've been expecting you.

newsighq9.jpg

4 words.

Greataxe.

lol

I was once at the airport with my friends in California, had to go "potty" really bad, and just pissed my pants in the middle of the terminal. (All the cool kids piss in their pants, right?)

loledit.jpg

barrows loot: lost count

daga king loot: lost count :p

4 words.

Greataxe.

lol

4 words.

Greataxe.

Lmao :P

Thank you my public :P

No rly, I think you need all three. Choosing one over the other is suicide, because items like the dragon dagger shows how much speed can be used and items like the greataxe show how much power and accuracy can affect how good the item is.

Pointless discussion imo. Its been done.

4 words.

Greataxe.

lol

4 words.

Greataxe.

Lmao :P

Thank you my public :P

No rly, I think you need all three. Choosing one over the other is suicide, because items like the dragon dagger shows how much speed can be used and items like the greataxe show how much power and accuracy can affect how good the item is.

Pointless discussion imo. Its been done.

DDS has the same speed as whip and scimmy it is bacially only used for its special not speed. I prefer accurate and fast weapons you get best exp that way. In pking you need speed and str though

DDS has the same speed as whip and scimmy it is bacially only used for its special not speed. I prefer accurate and fast weapons you get best exp that way. In pking you need speed and str though

Uh, balls? DDS is way faster than scimmy.

I'm Jake Milroy

Stop posting if you have no idea what you're talking about. Have you ever even used a whip, scim, or dagger? Not only can you check the KB and see that they are the same speed, I've even timed all 3 of their attacks and found out that they ARE EXACTLY THE SAME.

awesome_bloodvelds_siggeh.pngpossiblesig11.png

:^_^: I drew that smilie, btw, along with a few more used by this site.

Classic bloodveld for lyph3! Although I do like the new ones.

Like a ninja, here I was, gone I am now.

BUT! I may be back! Add my new account, Dr Bloodveld!

Stop posting if you have no idea what you're talking about. Have you ever even used a whip, scim, or dagger? Not only can you check the KB and see that they are the same speed, I've even timed all 3 of their attacks and found out that they ARE EXACTLY THE SAME.

pwnt... On topic: I prefer accuracy because I always feel like im getting better exp when I hit more but not as hard (even though it may not be true :P)

dear lord sir you have some big text. or my comps messin up

Previously known as Monkeybeast0.

Walkman1022.jpeg

Any player who has ever fought at higher levels in runescape knows that the more accurate the weapon, the more damage you can do any hour, thus increasing the exp you can acheive hourly.

That's why I laugh at those strength-pure idiots who think that just because they can hit high, that they are better fighters or something. I have owned too many "strength" pures with my EQUAL stats that's it isn't even funny anymore.

archsupportei2.png

outsanitysig1jc0.png

|2,300+ Total|138 Combat|12 Lvl 99 Skills|99 Slayer|blogbutton.png

Remember these numbers

3000 - Whip, Dagger (25 spm)

2400 - Sword, Spear, Mace (20 spm)

1800 - Halberd, Great Axe, 2h Swords (15 spm)

Find the number by your weapon of choice, multiply by your max damage with that weapon (using all your bonuses, potions and prayers you NORMALLY train with).

That will be you PEAK AVERAGE Experience gain per hour. Do not expect to get higher.

What lowers your average is non-attack times (eating, respawns, bank runs, prayer recharge, etc.) and low attack chances (a level 100 is almost 100% against experiments, but 60% against Green Dragons).

nukemarine.png

Learn how to Learn Japanese on your own - Nukemarine's Suggested Guide for Beginners in Japanese
Stop Forgetting Stuff for College and Life - Anki - a program which makes remembering things easy
Reach Elite Fitness - CrossFit

They should have just had an option "All of the above" I want a weapon to be Strong, Fast, Accurate and to look awesome. The speacial is just a bonus.

cyco_1.jpg

Speed and strength for training (low def opponents FTW!)

Accuracy and strength for pking (only because you need to KO before escape)

Accuracy and speed for dueling (you have all the time you need to accumulate the damage)

My opinion ^^^

Fact:

A weapon needs to be twice as accurate and twice as strong than a weapon that is twice as fast to generate the same xp per hour PROVIDED that you are not splashing zeros with the fast weapon. I would much rather have a weapon that hits once a minute but DOES DAMAGE than a weapon that hits once a second that hits perfect goose eggs as would anyone. :wink:

RahkUrWrld.png

PM me in game to use some skills of mine (glories/potions) free or to ask a question.

Fire Cape - 04/29/06 Lvl 104

RAHK's Pro PC Gear and Guide(clickable)

splash02tm6.jpg Tired of hack and slash? FPSers getting old? Give this game a try!

Speed and strength for training (low def opponents FTW!)

Accuracy and strength for pking (only because you need to KO before escape)

Accuracy and speed for dueling (you have all the time you need to accumulate the damage)

My opinion ^^^

Fact:

A weapon needs to be twice as accurate and twice as strong than a weapon that is twice as fast to generate the same xp per hour PROVIDED that you are not splashing zeros with the fast weapon. I would much rather have a weapon that hits once a minute but DOES DAMAGE than a weapon that hits once a second that hits perfect goose eggs as would anyone. :wink:

Well said :D