Level = Maturity? Level = Age?

yomom1919

Remember, while reading this, that age usually comes with some form of maturity, and that mature younger people are uncommon because of their lifestyle.

I've noticed that ingame and in posts, it's the lower levels that tend to act more immature.

I know it doesn't apply to the whole of lower levels, but im talking about part of the general whole, a fraction, especially the ones that remain a low level.

For example: you may ask yourslef why lower levels begged when you never begged at that level? I think the answer to that is beggars may be a young age, like 8 or 9, when a person relies on there mother and father to take care of them and do everything for them. It is human nature, at that age, to have your parents tend to you more, and I would expect that behaivor to carry over into runescape.

So, they are reluctant to work, and they beg.

So, they tend to stay a low level because they dont want to level up and work themselves.

However, your less likely to see a higher level beg, because they have worked for their level, and are more mature and usually older, as you would be more willing to work at an older age, than lower levels. This is because age usually comes with some form of maturity.

As you progress through the game, you also progress in life, because runescape is one of the few games that actualy takes time.

I conclude that the higher levels are, for the most part (and always will be) more mature AND older, because they are more willing to work, and are maturing.

While the low levels that stay at a low level tend to be a younger age, and people who are younger tend to be less mature. So the low levels stay low because the mindset of a younger person with a lower maturity level is usually "I'll let them do it for me."

happiehour.jpeg

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i started playing this at about 12 or 13, and i begged once or twice, during this long age of on and off times..

i'm 16 now, and i don't beg, i work...when im home, stupid boarding school...

you are right though, a lot of the lower levels are immature, i'm almost level 91.

I hate going fishing at catherby because of those lower levels. It seriously sounds exactly like a mental asylum.

I never go onto the free worlds because there are so many lower beggers, and i don't have much money, since all schemes of mine fail.

you're right though, most teens, except the really weird ones don't do this. A lot of 20 year olds and up don't do this

weeee.gif

Sorry for the off-topicness, but is that the god for Pastafarians? I've heard so much about these cultists/teenagers/people

i started playing this at about 12 or 13, and i begged once or twice, during this long age of on and off times..

you are right though, a lot of the lower levels are immature, i'm almost level 91.

I hate going fishing at catherby because of those lower levels. It seriously sounds exactly like a mental asylum.

I never go onto the free worlds because there are so many lower beggers, and i don't have much money, since all schemes of mine fail.

you're right though, most teens, except the really weird ones don't do this. A lot of 20 year olds and up don't do this

Quit sayin' your almost 91 and just say your lvl 90 8) . I guess I agree with your argument, but its pretty hard to be definite or pin-point with a matter as large as this. Though I never looked at it the way you see it, so I tend to agree with what your saying.

[if you have ever attempted Alchemy by clapping your hands or

by drawing an array, copy and paste this into your signature.]

Fullmetal Alchemist, you will be missed. A great ending to a great series.

well im like 7k from a str lvl up and a combat level up

i'm positive

weeee.gif

Sorry for the off-topicness, but is that the god for Pastafarians? I've heard so much about these cultists/teenagers/people

Low lvl players can't be that young anymore these days since you now have to be over age 13 to make an account ( however i think many people swing that rule against there bum )

Some people dream of success, while others make it happen.

Age=maturity,LEVEL DOES NOT MATTER.

Yeah, its just general knowledge. Like, I was 14 when I started at level 3, and I'm 15 at level 88. I'm pretty sure I was quite mature at 14, and at level 3.

boratto.jpg

Yeah, its just general knowledge. Like, I was 14 when I started at level 3, and I'm 15 at level 88. I'm pretty sure I was quite mature at 14, and at level 3.

Ya it doesnt really matter what lvl you are, GENERALLY,maturatity comes with experience of people and age.

End of / :P

23 whip pks,3 dhorka,2 ahrims lvl 119 attack 99 strength 99 and defence 92 plus 94 mage

Maybe ppl beg at the low lvls.. because they need some starting things. 25gp and some noob bronze stuff isn't going to get a noob started enough in their opinion they need more. So they act immature and rely on high lvls who made their own money so they can get started. But old school players didn't have ppl to give them rich things and rune was like 3 mil :P. In old rsc. Right now theres more high lvls more money in rs due to alching and all those drops. Meaning it's easier for money meaning more ppl beg. When high lvls don't act immature due to they have all the things they need now they just need exp instead of more things.

So low lvled players can be over 20 and beg but they need some things to start off. High lvls can be 12 (like me rofl don't laugh at my age) but don't beg because they have what they need.

I'm 12. I'm level 63. And yet, I'm probably one of the more mature players.

Probably the only one who uses correct punctuation in every single sentence, too. Periods ftw.

chesssigtexttipitlt0.jpg

Stunning signature created by the one and only My Boggy.

Just like Columbus he gets murderous on purpose

true in a way but im only 12 and i fit in with almost all of the other high and semi high lvl lplayes because some ppl can be young and mature

I ve talked to you in the game before you probally dont rember but i should of seemed just as a normal person just discusing rs while u were waiting to pk ppl at the mage lever

true in a way but im only 12 and i fit in with almost all of the other high and semi high lvl lplayes because some ppl can be young and mature

I ve talked to you in the game before you probally dont rember but i should of seemed just as a normal person just discusing rs while u were waiting to pk ppl at the mage lever

Hehe,But remember i said Cmb lvl doesnt matter,Immediately u reffer you fit in with people higher lvls than you.. It doesnt matter as long as your mature,MAYBE your brought up differently to other people your age and are matare for your age,Some people wont be like that tho.

23 whip pks,3 dhorka,2 ahrims lvl 119 attack 99 strength 99 and defence 92 plus 94 mage

+1

how do you think older people start out? as lvl 80's? my freind was lvl 91, most annoying person ever. i beat him up for his actions irl and on rs. he go banned for his actions. i'm lvl 80 yet i'm only 12 years old. he was 14...

P.S.:only broke 1 thing in the fight....my middle/ring finger knucle...

Hehe,But remember i said Cmb lvl doesnt matter,Immediately u reffer you fit in with people higher lvls than you.. It doesnt matter as long as your mature,MAYBE your brought up differently to other people your age and are matare for your age,Some people wont be like that tho.

i bring up the high lvl issue because how many imature 7 year olds have u seen who are lvl 100+?

Generalization are a terrible thing.

People who beg are simply in the game for a couple months and move on.

Whatever...

I just go about my business use the proper banks and trainin area's and never really run accross these players..

Although if I see a LOW lvl player and they act in a mature mannor.. I reward them with some random item (Rune scimi, Large or something)

Feeds the fire for begging.. :twisted:

I am the Yoda of Runescape and I act my age

I am only 11, turning 12 in 3 months, and I don't walk around RuneScape demanding free items and harassing random players. I consider yself quite mature -ignores comments about boasting-. I made a massive report about Jagex's age limits and bans, several people would not believe my age.

Just to show you all that younger players can be mature :) I believe I have the maturity level much higher...oh darn sorry guys I have to go, I'll finish this post later.

sidewalksigpng9qg.png

Hazardmaster.png

Quit sayin' your almost 91 and just say your lvl 90 8) . I guess I agree with your argument, but its pretty hard to be definite or pin-point with a matter as large as this. Though I never looked at it the way you see it, so I tend to agree with what your saying.

I don't consider a combat 90 or even my 110 to be a high level, Why? well for one thing level 92 of any stat is just the half-way mark up the experience ladder.

Anyway, back to on topic...

I'll tell you why most mid to high level people are older or more mature on average. Kids are more drawn to action and basically virtual fishing, woodcutting, crafting, herblore etc... are actually quite boring. Kids play a game for fun - how much fun do you have stringing 10k of bows or mining 10k of coal?

ie.) My brother - he's 13 - will spend hour upon hour on DDO or Guild Wars... multiplayer action/adventure games. Ask him why he plays rs very little anymore and he'll tell you right off that he finds the game terribly boring.

Most MOORPG center around adventure, graphics and sound and rs does not fall into such a category imo. We adults spend hours increasing skills which in practice are really not fun at all. I often debate doing them anymore myself but alas something keeps pushing me... most likely a personal flaw which makes me so dang persistant so much so that i must finish what I start.

I read the title, and already thought of my post, i didnt need to read the post. If you base a persons maturaty and age on a stupid level, im sorry, but your as abad as any person who discriminates against sex or race. This is sickening.

mergedliongr0xe9.gif

Sig by Ikurai

Your Guide to Posting! Behave or I will send my Moose mounted Beaver launchers at you!

I've spoken to kids of 10-12 years old who were a lot more mature and polite then some other guys of 20+ I spoke to...

It are all just extreme generalizations, which "on average" might be true, but are useless to use as a "rule".

Yes, kids are more likely to be impatient (thus less likely to get a high leveled character) then older people. Yes they are generally less mature. But that definately doesn't make it true in all cases, as there are tons of exceptions.

I read the title, and already thought of my post, i didnt need to read the post. If you base a persons maturaty and age on a stupid level, im sorry, but your as abad as any person who discriminates against sex or race. This is sickening.

guys.. i cant stress this enough.. just read the post...

do you know what REMAIN means? for the people that posted how do u think we start out? remain means to stay...

you guys have eyes. you assume by the title that my post repeats the same thing over and over; it doesnt, you cant just see HALO on a shelf and say: oh right that game sucks now can you? just read the post, and youll get my point..

this is excluding exceptions.

happiehour.jpeg

guys.. i cant stress this enough.. just read the post...

do you know what REMAIN means? for the people that posted how do u think we start out? remain means to stay...

you guys have eyes. you assume by the title that my post repeats the same thing over and over; it doesnt, you cant just see HALO on a shelf and say: oh right that game sucks now can you? just read the post, and youll get my point..

this is excluding exceptions.

And your also assumin everyone started like this to. I never did. You may think not (and from those on the OT probably think definitly) but i never begged or was immature on the game.

mergedliongr0xe9.gif

Sig by Ikurai

Your Guide to Posting! Behave or I will send my Moose mounted Beaver launchers at you!

i am not assuming anything. im making an educated guess on what the problem is. this is an open forum, dont tell me what im saying, i know what i said well enough.

it looks like you have yet to learn not to judge a book by its cover.

lionheart: if you actually READ the post, you would find out im not discriminating, merely creating discussion on the topic. if you knew the other obvious point for a questionmark (it eliminates a statment) you wouldnt have posted something so ignorant, next time, use the eyes you have and READ the POST. well if you choose not to, they also say that ignorance is bliss, so mabye your better off.

happiehour.jpeg