Neopets Parody/Reference??

Freshwacka

keh, most likely. jagex strikes again :lol:

Requiescat in pace, Shiva "Anarith" Kumar.
dea6a17b9c.png
351 Quest Points|99 Strength|99 Attack|99 Constitution|99 Defence|99 Magic|138 Combat|99 Summoning|99 Slayer|99 Ranged|99 Firemaking|99 Dungeoneering|99 Cooking|99 Prayer|99 Runecrafting|99 Smithing|99 Fletching|99 Construction|99 Farming|99 Fishing|99 Herblore|99 Crafting|99 Agility
True friends are never separated by distance, for they are forever linked by their hearts.

Join the HYT CLAN![qfc]90-91-310-65710712[/qfc]

Well to me it looked like the sand worms from Beetlejuice. I think they just made a huge snake that grabbed some items.

I think the reference would be too obscure to really make a connection as the "Snowager" is not a critical part of Neopets (or at least it wasn't back when I played nearly three years ago). Plus if it were something from neopets I'd imagine it would be something to draw that crowd to Runescape so a quest such as "Royal Trouble" with it's fairly difficult requirements (Fremminek Trials, Throne of Miscellania) and the fact that it is a members quest would make it hard for an average player of Neopets to see the "clever" reference.

Well to me it looked like the sand worms from Beetlejuice. I think they just made a huge snake that grabbed some items.

i thought betelgeuse was a star in orion...

oh well. its a good find on your part though. i would never have made the connection...

tipitlessersigea3.png

wasnt the snake thing suppose to be a badger badger badger reference?
that was from examining a baby snake or whatever it is

Requiescat in pace, Shiva "Anarith" Kumar.
dea6a17b9c.png
351 Quest Points|99 Strength|99 Attack|99 Constitution|99 Defence|99 Magic|138 Combat|99 Summoning|99 Slayer|99 Ranged|99 Firemaking|99 Dungeoneering|99 Cooking|99 Prayer|99 Runecrafting|99 Smithing|99 Fletching|99 Construction|99 Farming|99 Fishing|99 Herblore|99 Crafting|99 Agility
True friends are never separated by distance, for they are forever linked by their hearts.

Join the HYT CLAN![qfc]90-91-310-65710712[/qfc]

seasnake.jpg

Hey, look, it's a sea snake... :roll:

Lol, I am gonna guess that this is where Jagex got their Sea Snake from..... I mean, I know it's a stretch... :roll: :roll:

Hey, you play Neo too? I played from like 2000 to 2004 then quit to RuneScape and here I am.

Anyway, to those people saying they just copied it from any other sea snake, what about the stealing items idea?

But remember the Snowager was in the Ice Caves on Terror Mountain ;)

sidewalksigpng9qg.png

Hazardmaster.png

seasnake.jpg

Kinda funny they picked the sea snake to be the villain, eh? Plenty more ghastly beasts to pick than... a sea snake. :roll: And like someone else mentioned, why did it steal items and sleep on them? Thank you.

OMG! That's just like when the Charlie and the Choclate Factory stole the face of the Mobster Bugs Moran from the 30's.

Oompa Loompa:

untitled1ql1.jpg

Bugs Moran the Mobster:

untitled4ag1.jpg

Don't you see the simliarities????

thats not an oompa loompa

this is...

oompa%20loompa.JPG

oompaloompa.jpg

seasnake.jpg

Kinda funny they picked the sea snake to be the villain, eh? Plenty more ghastly beasts to pick than... a sea snake. :roll: And like someone else mentioned, why did it steal items and sleep on them? Thank you.

Arrgghhh! i'm glad there is more resemblance to the real life sea snake..i used to play NeoPets when i was younger, like 2 years ago :roll: .

Jagex please don't refer to it , because it may make runescape goto neopets again instead of neopets to runescape.... I HATE THOSE LITTLE ******* CRITTERS!

penguinesigrq6.png

OMG! That's just like when the Charlie and the Choclate Factory stole the face of the Mobster Bugs Moran from the 30's.

Oompa Loompa:

untitled1ql1.jpg

Bugs Moran the Mobster:

untitled4ag1.jpg

this is...

oompa%20loompa.JPG

oompaloompa.jpg

How old are you!?! thats an oompa loompa from like the 1970's?

Oh no i just relized....DOUBLE POST!! *hides from manoman*

penguinesigrq6.png

seasnake.jpg

why wasnt it a giant gopher? who cares.

it is what it is. i mean not many other things live in caves and water and all. i mean nothin crazily dangerous...i guess.

does anyone have a cave i can use to explore?

Oompa Loompa:

untitled1ql1.jpg

Bugs Moran the Mobster:

untitled4ag1.jpg

this is...

oompa%20loompa.JPG

oompaloompa.jpg

At least your double post isn't exactly the same. I just wont kick you in the head as hard :lol:

Oompa Loompa:

untitled1ql1.jpg

Bugs Moran the Mobster:

untitled4ag1.jpg

this is...

oompa%20loompa.JPG

oompaloompa.jpg

im 18, and everyone knows gene wilder is like a god, especially when combined with richer pryer. its like, transformers...or something....

Oompa Loompa:

untitled1ql1.jpg

Bugs Moran the Mobster:

untitled4ag1.jpg

this is...

oompa%20loompa.JPG

oompaloompa.jpg

At least your double post isn't exactly the same. I just wont kick you in the head as hard :lol:

Oompa loomp doopity doo

I see something coming from you

Oompa loomp doopity doo

I'm on the floor before you :cry:

:lol:

penguinesigrq6.png

Alrighty, I used to play Neopets mad years ago, and there are a ton of similar items between the two game. Crackers and phats are the most ironic as they are the best/most expensive in RS and yet they are also in another game as well. Would think such a status symbol would be unique.

~Dave

In almost complete retirement.

goodbye0vx.png

seasnake.jpg

It didn't steel the items the kids did, it was just living in the cave they stashed them in.