Lolz has any1 else noticed?

Howdydee2003

Im sure people have but it seems prices on everything droped like crazy today.... I bought a whip 10 mins ago for 2.2 mil... When i sold mine early this morning for 2.8....... I bought a set of dharok ealier for 5m.... Now i could barely sell it for 4.4.... Crazy stuff.....

Howdydee2003:

99 Attack - 99 Strength - 99 Hits - 99 Magic - 99 Smithing

First To get 99 Smithing With GoldSmithing Guants

Zx7r Ninja (Currently Training) Updated 2/14/09: Ags Achieved on 2/15/09

75/75 Attack 89/99 Strength 50/50 Def 78/85 Hits

***Owned a Bandos Godsword since 59 Combat***

Thats a bad thing? I can't wait to check out Santa prices..OMG

All Quests completed

99 Thieving achieved on January 10th, 2008

99 Defense achieved on August 3rd, 2008

85 Slayer achieved on July 31st, 2008

6 Dragon boot drops, 14 Whip drops

Lol thats a good thing? if they dropped they dropped... meaning your not gonna make any money off it either lol... point of that is...?

Howdydee2003:

99 Attack - 99 Strength - 99 Hits - 99 Magic - 99 Smithing

First To get 99 Smithing With GoldSmithing Guants

Zx7r Ninja (Currently Training) Updated 2/14/09: Ags Achieved on 2/15/09

75/75 Attack 89/99 Strength 50/50 Def 78/85 Hits

***Owned a Bandos Godsword since 59 Combat***

Santa's dropped to 10-11m from 12-13m... I just bought my santa on Monday after 3 weeks of earning... what a waste of time. Oh well, all I am saying is that houses will be around forever and rares won't. So, if I were anyone else I'd take advantage of the drop and buy those rares! Santa's most likely will get to 5-7m. I'm for sure stocking up on santa's before they jump again. Plus I'm going to be gone for 3 months not near a computer this summer, so I'm trying to get as much santa's as possible.

Foogey.png

I <3 Gears of War 2.

Add me on Xbox Live and mention you are from Tif :D

ya ive been merchantin brassies all day made 2m today from it its crazy i will buy one 1.7 ina few min sell for 2m buy another around 1.7 and sell again and now that its later there evening out dharok earlier was down to 3.9 and verac to 5m now verac back 6s and dharok in 4s and maybe 5s this is in world 2 tho

tifsig3pw9.png

jese1mz7.png

Mmeh but you can just tell what is going to happen. This is a smaller scale of what happened when the Dragon 2 Hander was released. A few certain items were dropped for around 4-5 days before they started raising back up. Everybody gets involved in massive updates and there goes the biggest factor in our Runescape economy which is Demand. My prediction is that everyone will try sell their items now for whatever they can get and think that after the heat goes out they can buy it cheaper, however in 2-3 weeks time when Construction really quiets down since the skill will have a 99 stat player in the next few days at this rate everyone will go back to the market and buy the items they need to train like Whips, Dharoks and other various items which are now below the normal price that of 5 days ago. Items will quickly shoot back up due to the demand and alot of people will be angry at the price they sold their items at while I sit here and laugh.

deadforumslol.png

The one differnence between this and the d2h and stuff like that update is that the money is not being transfered to other people, it's being take out of the economy... Meaning that there will be less gp in the game instead of one person having less and one person having more.

The one differnence between this and the d2h and stuff like that update is that the money is not being transfered to other people, it's being take out of the economy... Meaning that there will be less gp in the game instead of one person having less and one person having more.

I think that was Jagex's purpose in construction, for all the high lvl players with waay to mnuch money to put into construction. If jagex left it the way it was going, there would be too much money in the economy in like 1 year, so construction was a smart move to help alot.

runemsmithcape,saber%20blade2.gif

Feel Free to Pm me for anything

but its just the prices that fall, the value of items stays the same, just the value of money rises. This update drains money like crazy, so money is just becoming worth alot more.

Just like the Great Depression in the 1930s.

"The cry of the poor is not always just, but if you never hear it you'll never know what justice is."

siggy3s.jpg

I was trying to sell my yellow for 106m at fally (the price before the drop was 118m easy) then I slapped myself and said to me, "wth man are you crazy". Prices will be normal soon I believe.

Exactly what I think also. I know alot of people were saying that prices of rare items would drop drastically (like in half) but I just don't think it will happen. I see a small price drop happening, but i'm sure they will just return back to normal in a month or two.

finalsig11dz.gif

You also need to remember something before you calulate your "loss". Less gp in the game makes your gp more valuable than it was before. It is like being able to buy gas at 99 cents a gallon like it was when I was in middle school instead of over $3 a gallon as it stands now. Your items have fallen in actual PRICE but since gp is more valuable than it was before the loss isn't as bad as you think. Let's say that gp is now 10% more valuable than it was before (AT LEAST 10% :wink: ). That means if an item was originally 10mil and dropped to 8mil your loss was only 1mil not 2mil. Hope that made sense. :? Problem is that at the moment items are falling in actual value faster than gp is increasing in value. It should level off soon and selling a 10mil item (previously) for 8mil might actually net you a 1mil profit in value.

Hope that helps you feel better about huge "losses". :wink:

RahkUrWrld.png

PM me in game to use some skills of mine (glories/potions) free or to ask a question.

Fire Cape - 04/29/06 Lvl 104

RAHK's Pro PC Gear and Guide(clickable)

splash02tm6.jpg Tired of hack and slash? FPSers getting old? Give this game a try!

You know if the value of everything goes down people will make pures like crazey or get those extra magic levels and Toot toot back to the inflation train :roll:

deadforumslol.png

prices will rise again but very slowly... my friends one ofwhom is lvl 73 has spent 25 mill on this skill and has nothing to show for it.. he thinks to get to lvl 90 is gona cost another 50m or so.

if you think about the number of players who will be going for 70-80 a lot of money is gona be taken out of the economy so unlike with other updates like farming.. were money was just shared around the economy, there will actually be less supply of money now so less people will buy santas and thats how price falls.

My poor santas...all 5 of them, I don't think this "anti-inflation" will last long, there's a massive petition on official forums with about 1k signatures.

bflinty1.png

Drops: Barrows: 60+ DK: 4... Dragon: 60+ Whips: 2... GWD: 0...ouch!

Main Goal: 2000 total with no 99's

bflinty1.png

bflinty1.png

bflinty1.png

"anti-inflation" is also known as deflation, I believe?

There are people that take this as an advantage, such as people who couldn't buy whips or barrows stuff before, or long-term merchanters who believe in their rares.

I myself hope I had waited some more before buying guthans, I could be couple millions richer now.. And with the value of gp rising, just imagine :lol:

I think that was Jagex's purpose in construction, for all the high lvl players with waay to mnuch money to put into construction. If jagex left it the way it was going, there would be too much money in the economy in like 1 year, so construction was a smart move to help alot.

It is also Jagex's intention to help combat the rares market by bringing this out by surprise so that ppl sell things lower and the intention that Jagex orginally had of those items for being for fun is being brought back so wen u look at it it is a merchants heaven and hell. Heaven coz oak planks r sellin 1kea and rares cost less. Hell coz there rares cost less

swordfinalqr7.jpg

Denizen of Darkness| PSN= sworddude198