Stupid blocked words

devilchild

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's that's and where's.

You should be happy that Jagex encourages you to type words correctly, at least you'll be able to write a proper CV later to get a job.

Runescape: Lodev (Combat level been fixed at 101 for years now, Total level 1500+, playing since march 2002)

Arenascape: Lode (Level 240+ Warlock)

It's that's and where's.

You should be happy that Jagex encourages you to type words correctly, at least you'll be able to write a proper CV later to get a job.

I also think that's their goal.

But it's stupid!

They block to much words, even those that don't excist.

And if you want to talk to someone in your own language (Dutch) 50% of everything is blocked!

That's stupid!

summersignature.png angel2w.gif

"A man's gotta do what a man's gotta do"

[Currently playing: K1ll L1f3]

It's that's and where's.

I also think that's their goal.

But it's stupid!

They block to much words, even those that don't excist.

And if you want to talk to someone in your own language (Dutch) 50% of everything is blocked!

That's stupid!

I think they should not block words in the Dutch language in Dutch worlds, same with English and Sweedish.

"The cry of the poor is not always just, but if you never hear it you'll never know what justice is."

siggy3s.jpg

The Dutch word "hoe" is now blocked, but you can now say "ik ook".

I don't understand why Jagex bothers so much about the chat filter. You have to be 13+ year old to play it. MSN is also from a big company and for these ages and they don't have chat filters. And if Jagex wants to make the game more pleasant to play this way, they could just make a system that auto-mutes you for 1 minute if you say a bad word from a small list (just a few of the 4-letter words). That'll shut most people up because they won't know what curse words will mute them for a minute and which ones not.

Runescape: Lodev (Combat level been fixed at 101 for years now, Total level 1500+, playing since march 2002)

Arenascape: Lode (Level 240+ Warlock)

I was once mining and said somehting to the tune of "Pretty funny, eh?"

It turns out you can't say ", eh?"

I have no clue why comma, space, E, H, question mark would be blocked.

I have realized that some word components are not blocked in certain situations. You can say 'barbarians,' but if you say 'blarblarians,' the latter half of the word is blocked despite being the same as it was in 'barbarians,' which is not blocked in any way.

Duumvir in game

"...One day I will burn down the rainforest and become a hero."

I made a post about this awhile ago... anyways I think it is dumb how you can't even say "golem" as in the rock golem that attacks you while mining. How can there be monster names that you cannot even say?

RSN: Hellomoron

They shoud censor "u" too.

Today I tried to say "Arr, shiver me timbers!" (Don't ask why :lol: ), and it became as "**r, shiver me timbers!" because of the arz (you know what I mean) part :roll:

And as a little offtopic, they should chance "I" to become in capitals if it's alone.

6,521th to 99 woodcutting | Fletching 98/99 |

Idarodo | Combat 90 | Total 1565+ | 38m+ total exp

Retired.

Yeah, I think Jagex should change their censoring system. It's kind of stupid how they block out words that aren't bad at all.

Here's something I found in my profile from a game I used to play a while ago (it's got 1 bad word so beware if you click there):

http://www.apocmedia.com/random/antitxtbanner.gif

zBSYE.png

^ Blog.

Zh0c4.gif

I think Jagex should start a list on the forums where people can respond to what they think is resonable to block and what is absolutely silly. Besides, they're making this game for us, our feedback is probably the most valuable.

E.g.

Person A: I believe the "F" word should blocked.

Person B: Agreed

Person C: I think "eh" should be blocked.

***A chain of people reply to say that Person C's word is not appropriate for blocking

Jagex probably should install a different kind of chat filter, where it is not based on spelling; rather, it's based on the sound (only problem is many normal words resemble swear words. Take the example of sit and s**t...)

Head Coach of the G!X Black Scrim Team 2007

---Wolfenstein Enemy Territory Internationals---

Howabout this? In WoW they have an option to turn chat filter on and off. Problem solved right there. If you wish to swear your head off, then people can turn the filter on or off...easy as pie.

Pie's not that easy... just to let you know.

zBSYE.png

^ Blog.

Zh0c4.gif

Howabout this? In WoW they have an option to turn chat filter on and off. Problem solved right there. If you wish to swear your head off, then people can turn the filter on or off...easy as pie.
Darn it, you beat me to it. :(

awesome_bloodvelds_siggeh.pngpossiblesig11.png

:^_^: I drew that smilie, btw, along with a few more used by this site.

Classic bloodveld for lyph3! Although I do like the new ones.

Like a ninja, here I was, gone I am now.

BUT! I may be back! Add my new account, Dr Bloodveld!