Pest control at world 78 gone bad?

weirdguy0101

Well i need soem rannars so i head over to world 78 to get some herb packs. 10 games later and still havnt won a single one. Has world 78 gone bad somehow? :wall:

(Quit: tallest please come to the death altar, give me 1,337,000,000 gp, a golden tinderbox, and a spade, also steal one of zidanes phats and give it to me.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

its because 90% of the people want to get 50 damage done and then just sit there :(

Yes, i am currently on 78 doing pc and we fail quite often, worst streak was 18 times in a row.

but its getting better,

P.S, i go after the portals, not just sit there.

I think so many people know about that world now the lower levels have took over and just attack monsters to get there 50 points leaving the knight vernerable and the portals swarmed with spinners

its proabably alot better at wierd times when alot of people are asleep

thrilling3zm.png

It's bad, no doubt about it.

If everyone headed to a portal first off, game would be insanely fast. Using the Portal health, you can tell which one to head to next.

But no, you see a portal at 250 health after a minute and people are just killing creatures at the gate. Sad.

Personally, I head to one of the two south portals as taking them out usually helps big time prevent further attacks on the knight. Head to south gate and take out any torchers or defilers. Then help out knight. By then, any gate left I help control monsters. Lost only 2 out of 30 that way.

Personally, i think I have an impact as the southern portal I head to (random choice) is the first destroyed of the two. Guys protecting the knight are REALLY important as the shifters are very nasty now.

nukemarine.png

Learn how to Learn Japanese on your own - Nukemarine's Suggested Guide for Beginners in Japanese
Stop Forgetting Stuff for College and Life - Anki - a program which makes remembering things easy
Reach Elite Fitness - CrossFit

I played a few days ago and didnt loose 1 game outa the 50 I played throught the day.

I played about 65 games today and lost about 20 of them. Its pathetic.

Theres now hundreds of lvl 50-65s playing. Dont get me wrong, Im not one of those people that calls anyone lower then me a noob, I actually almost never use the term...but man! If they would ATTACK THE PORTALS we might actually win the games, but they litterally walk to the portals and attack the NPC, and almost NEVER touch the spinners #-o

Id say 1 in every 5 games, I take out one of the side portals completely on my own with absolutely no help from anyone. Theres usually a few 50s or 60s just standing there watching, either attacking a random NPC or even worse just standing there. :roll:

And so everyone understands, theres absolutely nothing wrong with lower leveled people playing the game, They can EASILY win the game every time. What gets to me is the people that stand there and do virtually nothing to help win the game :wall:

I wish there were some solution to this...like maby receiving no points if you attack nothing for more then 20 secs? (seems like a low amount of time, but games rarely last more then 120 secs)

sig1178ko.jpg

Sykoknight - 1900 skill total - 132+ combat

Fighting High Scores from late 2001 - Ranked 1894

Prayer High Scores from March 2002 - Ranked 749

Ya, I've been around too long.

Well since the idea of it being the premier world to go to and do Pest Control, obviously the bottom of the barrel players would show up and leech off of the higher players.

Looks like we've got to find a new world and this time make it like the Underground Farm TELL NO ONE! It'd have to be one big secret shared by higher levels and hopefully only the higher ups that were trustworthy to only tell other high level and trustworthy people.

There was a group gathering together on here but I haven't seen much from it, but maybe their following the plan to the letter :wink:

Well since the idea of it being the premier world to go to and do Pest Control, obviously the bottom of the barrel players would show up and leech off of the higher players.

Looks like we've got to find a new world and this time make it like the Underground Farm TELL NO ONE! It'd have to be one big secret shared by higher levels and hopefully only the higher ups that were trustworthy to only tell other high level and trustworthy people.

There was a group gathering together on here but I haven't seen much from it, but maybe their following the plan to the letter :wink:

please count me in... i hate losing. i went there played tens games and only won 2. It's getting annoying, i hate when people next to the spinners refuuse to att... I've taken down 2 portals before solo and we still lost... how does this happen? i don't play unless i see atleast 10 people lvl 90+.

I used to complain on these boards about the behavior of people playing pest control, and would get yelled at. I also used to complain to people in the game: kill spinners, attack the portal, keep the %$#! gate closed. Waste of time anymore. They don't care at all. They don't care if we win or lose. I am in the Central time zone. Only go late at night when the little ones have been sent to bed. That is the only time I will play pest control at all.

There's a great team - H Unit (A.K.A. Heart Unit). With them it's really almost impossible to lose :/ You have to be fast to get 50 points :@

BTW - If anyone knows how to join 'em, tell me in PM.

Profins.png

specty.png

I agree with how people literally do nothing for a whole game or half of it. I personally protect the Knight most of the time, and I'm almost always the only 90+ person there. I've only played the game about 100 times, but I've definetly gotten the hang of it. I'll give some lower levels a few suggestions and they just bark back with "Shut up noob and do it yourself". I also rarely use noob, hate the word, so I explain that I can do more damage with my higher str, yet they still can't figure that out. There's 3 lvl 113 swifters, but some lvl 60 with 60 str will do more damage than my 80? OK!!!!! I wish more higher level stuck back with me, that way if some Defilers are Torchers are hitting him, they or me and easily run and knock them out, not risking much.

When I go to attack the portals, I'll be yelling to kill the Spinners (If I can't get to them myself) and people don't do anything. Come on, I've told you the portal has a better chance going down without them... Still nothing. I'm waiting for Jagex to make them game less of a team thing just so these kids can get their points without doing much work.

61784167.jpg

Count me in too. I love Pest Control, but there are sometimes where I'm the highest level player and I'm only level 91! There are no more "Raarrrrrgggggghhhhhhhh"'s right before the lander goes off. There aren't any people protecting the knight, nor attacking the portals. A level 42 was standing right next to a spinner and didn't do anything...

Count me in too. I love Pest Control, but there are sometimes where I'm the highest level player and I'm only level 91! There are no more "Raarrrrrgggggghhhhhhhh"'s right before the lander goes off. There aren't any people protecting the knight, nor attacking the portals. A level 42 was standing right next to a spinner and didn't do anything...

Agreed, and nice sig.

I melee when I'm at PC and because im ranged based (58 att 55 str, 80 ranged..) I protect the night or just help other players that are getting attacked by monsters, because I wouldn't be able to get my 50 points or more in if I attacked the portal because I can't hit it at my melee levels.

IrreIephant.png

|Msg me me in-game | IrreIephant|

^ capital i

I played a few days ago and didnt loose 1 game outa the 50 I played throught the day.

I played about 65 games today and lost about 20 of them. Its pathetic.

Theres now hundreds of lvl 50-65s playing. Dont get me wrong, Im not one of those people that calls anyone lower then me a noob, I actually almost never use the term...but man! If they would ATTACK THE PORTALS we might actually win the games, but they litterally walk to the portals and attack the NPC, and almost NEVER touch the spinners #-o

Id say 1 in every 5 games, I take out one of the side portals completely on my own with absolutely no help from anyone. Theres usually a few 50s or 60s just standing there watching, either attacking a random NPC or even worse just standing there. :roll:

And so everyone understands, theres absolutely nothing wrong with lower leveled people playing the game, They can EASILY win the game every time. What gets to me is the people that stand there and do virtually nothing to help win the game :wall:

I wish there were some solution to this...like maby receiving no points if you attack nothing for more then 20 secs? (seems like a low amount of time, but games rarely last more then 120 secs)

YOU IDIOT HIGH LEVELS CAN I PLAY PEST CONTROL GETTING 50DMG AND THEN HITTING PORTALS (which I barely can)??? SOUNDS like you don't want the noobs playing, 'make the lvl require ment 70! Blah blah blah.' I'd rather be a mage after 2 games and get 50dmg then smash the portals... World 2=Big Memb Market=Most in Fally=common sense :idea:. And I don't think jagex will put a 20 sec timelimit to attack. BECAUSE YOU PEOPLE PROABLY WILL RUN STRAIGHT PORTAL TO PORTAL !!!!! INSTEAD OF GOING TO HIT MONSTERS!!! Think before you post, you are outrageous to me...

i dont ever go to world 78, i found a world that wins 99/100 games they play. But yeah the noobs that stand around are annoying, i was soloing a portal for over a minute, attacking all the spinners. And to make it worse there was people there sitting near the gate attakin the monsters like other ppl said. Finally after i had the thing to half health (evil spinners) ppl came cuz it was the only portal left :shock:

uhg i hate noobs. :wall:

It's bad, no doubt about it.

If everyone headed to a portal first off, game would be insanely fast. Using the Portal health, you can tell which one to head to next.

But no, you see a portal at 250 health after a minute and people are just killing creatures at the gate. Sad.

Personally, I head to one of the two south portals as taking them out usually helps big time prevent further attacks on the knight. Head to south gate and take out any torchers or defilers. Then help out knight. By then, any gate left I help control monsters. Lost only 2 out of 30 that way.

Personally, i think I have an impact as the southern portal I head to (random choice) is the first destroyed of the two. Guys protecting the knight are REALLY important as the shifters are very nasty now.

I was there at the start of the world 78 and remember winning games in less than a minute back when and i have seen it's state of decline. Back then world 78 was never full but these days its a common occurance to see 3 or 4 high lvls going to all four portals to destroy them.

I reckon us higher level tipers should make a pest control clan.

~Antonwhy

Wondering what to do with life .....

what are you ppl tsalking about i have been pcing on w 78 all day today and havent lost most of the game maybe 20 game slost thats it =;

A month ago u would had lost any................ and the games would had been half the length they were now.

Wondering what to do with life .....

YOU IDIOT HIGH LEVELS CAN I PLAY PEST CONTROL GETTING 50DMG AND THEN HITTING PORTALS (which I barely can)??? SOUNDS like you don't want the noobs playing, 'make the lvl require ment 70! Blah blah blah.' I'd rather be a mage after 2 games and get 50dmg then smash the portals... World 2=Big Memb Market=Most in Fally=common sense :idea:. And I don't think jagex will put a 20 sec timelimit to attack. BECAUSE YOU PEOPLE PROABLY WILL RUN STRAIGHT PORTAL TO PORTAL !!!!! INSTEAD OF GOING TO HIT MONSTERS!!! Think before you post, you are outrageous to me...

Now, re-read what you just typed. You're complaining that you don't have the time to get 50 damage. You also complain that high levels don't attack monsters.

Here's the truth: Attacking monsters don't win the game, attacking the portals and spinners does.

It's like at Castle Wars, you see guys attacking every enemy player, not using tactics. They think they should get tickets for killing other players. They forget the name of the game is scoring with the flag and stopping the other team from scoring.

Realize the purpose of the game before you post about it then. Right now, you need a group of 60 to 100 players that are 80+ in combat that are willing to use tactics. If they're smart they'll do this:

Last digit of your skill totals -

1 or 2: East Portal

3 or 4: West Portal

5 or 6: South West Portal

7 or 8: South East Portal

9: Knight protection

0: South Gate protection

That's 5 guys per portal, and 2-3 guys helping the knight, 2-3 guys helping the south gate against the stray torcher or defiler that's not blocked by the gate.

If you're worried about 50 points, take on a monster near the end of your gate's life. The protectors should not have any issue.

Portal Tactics:

...*******

...*******

Stand on the side that's closest to the knight. If 3 to 5 guys create a pattern like above and you'll block ALOT of monsters so that they stack on top of each other. The monsters spawn in the hole, but the three players block them.

You can also do this:

...88 88 88

...*******

...*******

So that anyone can nail a spinner that pops out. Don't a noob and attack on the side or behind the portal. That's the reason games are lost, because a brawler appears and blocks you from a spinner that pops out. Now you have to kill EVERY monster in the way to get to that stupid spinner.

Tactics people, games can be easily won if simple tactics are taken.

After your portal is destroyed, attack ALL torchers and defilers that are attacking the knight from behind the wall. If it's blocked by the gate, it can be ignored till later.

nukemarine.png

Learn how to Learn Japanese on your own - Nukemarine's Suggested Guide for Beginners in Japanese
Stop Forgetting Stuff for College and Life - Anki - a program which makes remembering things easy
Reach Elite Fitness - CrossFit

It's pathetic.

I'm only a level 78 melee, and sometimes I range (58)

Before the update, I was a pest control addict.

Since, I've basically given up.

I generally end up taking out a portal by myself, and scoring around 300 damage.

I also generally end up surrounded by choruses of level 45-60 levels doing nothing.

At the worst times, there's about 10-15 people actually attacking things.

duradelduracell.jpg