Favorite Book Ever

PumpkinPete112

I know there are many topics, but i dont wanna revive them from the dead.

Post your favorite book and why!

Favorite Book: Deception Point By Dan Brown

Why: It has some of the best twists in a book ever. Its a crime to ruin the last 50 pages of the book =D>

Sig

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Book: Slaget Om GÃÆÃâÃâävle (Swedish title, means : The battle of GÃÆÃâÃâävle)

Why: I don't knwo why, it's both funa nd sad, and it's WAR!!! :P Also, GÃÆÃâÃâävle is a nearby town of mine.

PMFG!!!!!111!!1!!1 FIRST POST!!11!1!!11!!1!11!11!!11111oneoneone

tifsbti6oi.gif

Why: It has some of the best twists in a book ever. Its a crime to ruin the last 50 pages of the book =D>

Lemme guess, one good guy became a bad guy in the end and what they knew what was supposed to happen turned out to be something else?

I never read that book so I might be wrong.

As for me, I don't really have a 'favourite'

Icewind Dale by R.A. Salvatore

Because Drizzt Do'Urden is l33t.

I really wouldn't call it an era. It was more of a definitive time period during which dinstinctive characteristics were expressed in similar ways.

Svirnsigscore.gif

The Da Vinci Code.

Yeah I know it's so mainstream, but I got it before the hype. My granddad has a relative who got it on the release day or something like that. Since then I've read it 8 times. Seen the movie twice. :/

Fire Under The Snow - It's an autobiography by a Tibetan monk (Palden Gyatso) about his life in the Cultural Revolution which started in the 50s.

sig2ho7.jpg

erm, i have 3 favourate books by philip pullman, yes! you guessed them(i hope... :-w ) dark materials series, best out of those 3 is the last one, amber spyglass. many reasons why i love it cos its got a huge amount of different morals and conspiracies in it. i do have another book called the golem from a guy called johnathan stroud and yes...its very simular to runescape quest, infact, jagex got most of the ideas from it \'

addymzammyvest,rickster2005.gif

newscape350x19yi5.gif

Lemme guess, one good guy became a bad guy in the end and what they knew what was supposed to happen turned out to be something else?

(Edit:) Due to the fact i only had time to skimm shadowfox's post, he was correct, but it is more complicated than that :wall:

Sig

Chances are you've probably read it in another book.

Abrose Bierce, The Devil's Dictionary. A dictionary full of cutting witticisms pointed at the words he is defining.

Ive been trying to find that book for ages... Had no luck so far though... :(

The Enrichment Center reminds you that the weighted companion cube will never threaten to stab you and, in fact, cannot speak.

In the event that the weighted companion cube does speak, the Enrichment Center urges you to disregard its advice.

Any budding readers out there cannot live another day without reading the following:

Mortal Engines

Predator's Gold

Infernal Devices

Darkling Plain-

Philip Reeve

Dark Ground

The Black Room-

Gillian Cross

Angels and Demons

Deception Point (yeah! some amazing twists...written beautifully too)

Dan Brown

the davinci code, the world of quantem physics(yeah so?), angles and demons, the cirque due freak series, harry potter series, the last book in the universe

You can't ever find a place that's nice and peaceful, because there isn't any. You may think there is, but once you get there, when you're not looking, somebody'll sneak up and write "(bleep) you" right under your nose. Try it sometime. I think, even, if I ever die, and they stick me in a cemetery, and I have a tombstone and all, it'll say "Holden Caulfield" on it, and then what year I was born and what year I died, and then right under that it'll say "(bleep) you."

Guest GhostRanger

Nope.

I don't know why you said "nope" because that is exactly what happens...

Favorite book...that's tough. It depends on my mood I guess. I love Ender's Game but currently I'd have to say "How to Lose Friends and Alienate People" by Toby Young is my favorite. It absolutely cracks me up...

the ender's game series or sophie's world - both brilliany, it depends on my mood

Back by popular demand!

And I guess I just wanted to tell you, as the light starts to fade, that you aree the reason, that I am not afraid, and I guess I just wanted to mention, as the heavens will fall, that we will be together soon if we will be anything at all.

Guest GhostRanger
the ender's game series or sophie's world - both brilliany, it depends on my mood

Sophie's World... bleh!

(That's really all I can manage to say... I'm not a fan of Sophie's World :P)

Any budding readers out there cannot live another day without reading the following:

Deception Point (yeah! some amazing twists...written beautifully too)

Dan Brown

=D> Amen to that =D>

Oh and on the subject i didnt read the post correctly, Shadow FOx, but its not in the way youd expect

Sig

Not sure about a favorite but a few of the best ones I can remember off the top of my head-

Watchmen- (I know it's a graphic novel and maybe i'm a little biased since I just finished it a little while ago)

The Alchemist- (weirdly enough I'm not a religous person but I read this book in class last year and loved it)

Harry Potter Series- If I had to pick probably the Half-Blood Prince.

A little off topic but I've read every single Animorphs and Everworld book except the Ellimist (I can't find it).

Does The Crucible count? It's a play that I just thought was awsome.