Jagex humor has gone really sour?

chenw

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i got one for ya, in the area with the injured fairys... examine one of the fairys and it says " shes fairy fairy injured" >_< oh come on lol

LK1

this random comment brought to you today by ADD: ADD, bringing random entertainment to all for generations

Jagex's sense of humour owns :P

I can tell when Mod Mark has had some input in a quest, due to the type of hymour that is in it.

One of my favourite examines: Ogre Standard - "This isn't very high"

I basicly examine EVERYTHING I see, it's a habbit, I don't even do realise I'm doing it.

Lately more of the examines have been "puns" or using words that sound the same but have different meangins Albino bats for Example - "It's all white by me" (It's all right by me)

Recruitment Drive..... :lol:

Sir Tinley - Certainly

Sir Amik Varze - Ceramic Vase

Ms Hynn Terpett - Misinterpret

Sir Kuam Ferentse - Circumfrence

Sir Spishyus - Suspicious

Miss Cheveers - Mischevous

There's a few that even I don't get tho. =\

asrhasrh.jpg

What..? I didn't even know that the slayer cave examine was supposed to be a joke.. can someone PLEASE explain it to me. THanks.

Supposed to be a joke.

If its a pun, I dont get it either.

Jagex is just being, well, silly. :lol:

Lol, my favorite Jagex pun of all time came yesterday while I was doing Cabin Fever.

When you use the holy wrench on the machine part, the Evil Spirt pops out and your character goes, "The power of Guthix compels you!" Well, towards the end of the battle I got curious and examined the Evil Spirit and it said "The pun was intended."

Maybe it's just my bad taste in humor, but I just found it very funny :lol:

The monster is called an evil spirit, the pun is that it's a ghost of rum, and alcohol is sometimes refered to a spirit. ;)

awesome_bloodvelds_siggeh.pngpossiblesig11.png

:^_^: I drew that smilie, btw, along with a few more used by this site.

Classic bloodveld for lyph3! Although I do like the new ones.

Like a ninja, here I was, gone I am now.

BUT! I may be back! Add my new account, Dr Bloodveld!

Lol, my favorite Jagex pun of all time came yesterday while I was doing Cabin Fever.

When you use the holy wrench on the machine part, the Evil Spirt pops out and your character goes, "The power of Guthix compels you!" Well, towards the end of the battle I got curious and examined the Evil Spirit and it said "The pun was intended."

I love that! "The power of Guthix compels you" x'D

I'm back?! No wayz!!!

43mxr40.jpg

What..? I didn't even know that the slayer cave examine was supposed to be a joke.. can someone PLEASE explain it to me. THanks.

Supposed to be a joke.

If its a pun, I dont get it either.

Jagex is just being, well, silly. :lol:

The monster is called an evil spirit, the pun is that it's a ghost of rum, and alcohol is sometimes refered to a spirit. ;)

Oh, yeah, I forget these things :wall:

Upon examining Nuff's Certificate, you would obtain the message "A scroll that says she's a healer, that's Fairy Nuff"...

I mean really....

I dont get it can u explain? :cry:

Fair enough.

Fairy nuff.

A mad scientist in the attic, the owner is a vampire that dwells in the basement, a witch, skeletons, ghosts....

And you thought YOUR neighbors were weird!

All brittish humour in general is hilarious. aka jagex :D

Anybody heard of the band "The streets"? Now that's comidy and they're not even saying jokes :D

When have jagex been funny?

I quit RS.

Dude the past is past. Don't work yourself too much...it'll only make it worse.

Don't think about what could be, make it so.

P.S This kinda stuff also works with girls :wink:

When have jagex been funny?

Since forever. I don't understand how people don't find it funny, I suppose It's Brittish Humour (The Best kind :D) so Americans and what-not would have a harder time understanding some of the jokes. I <3 all of Jagex's jokes :D

I think it's actually YOU who has gone sour, Mr post starter!

I like PUNS, although they are sometimes hard to understand because Englishh isn't my naitve language. I especially like the ones posted about the recruitment drive quest, I didn't notice them back then...

But I STILL don't get the one from the slayer cave examine.... :oops:

transcript80.png

Other data was removed when acoount got hacked...

I think it's actually YOU who has gone sour, Mr post starter!

I like PUNS, although they are sometimes hard to understand because Englishh isn't my naitve language. I especially like the ones posted about the recruitment drive quest, I didn't notice them back then...

But I STILL don't get the one from the slayer cave examine.... :oops:

It's not actualy a pun. It's just Jagex being silly. It's pretty obvious what a cave is, so instead of a boring "It's a cave" examine they made it something completely random.

jagex are well-known to be fans of monty python and austin powrrs, two comedy series that are purely about random jokes and play on words. if you want this game to be boring, go pick flax

Back by popular demand!

And I guess I just wanted to tell you, as the light starts to fade, that you aree the reason, that I am not afraid, and I guess I just wanted to mention, as the heavens will fall, that we will be together soon if we will be anything at all.

British humour (yes you Americans, "humour") is the best! :3>

My friend you would not tell with such high zest / to children ardent for some desperate glory / the old lie: Dulce et decorum est / pro patria mori.

These 'noobs' are not people as such, they are soulless creations of corporate greed.

heh i cracked up at rum deal, when you try to imtimidate a zombie it says.."we interupt this intimidation to birng you this soothing picture of a kitten" and it shows this kitten playing wiht a ball..i really cracked up...