why are runescapes boss monsters so......wimpy?

The_Avatar

I think they should make a monster similiar to this one on FF11 my friend told me where it took a giant team of people to take it down and even then it healed itself back to half hp. Somehow they finally defeated it for good and were all rewarded a specific examine feature where it told you that they beat the monster. There battle lasted for 6,SIX hours. If Jagex made something like this then the high enough leveled players could have an awesome trip there with a cap on how many people can enter the room. I'm just throwing the idea of something similiar out there.

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think this topic is usless for 1:

1.) Thats a completely Different Game..Duh

2.) I'd like to see you kill the KQ, CE OR the Dagg kinds yourself one Trip.

3.) Runescape is not Downloadable like that one which i bet you download it and dont play it on a site if i am wrong then so Sue me.

!) so runescape cant have monsters that are actually hard to kill?

2) NO monster in most other mmorpgs can be taken down by one person

3) whats this have to do with anything?

Idiot that's what makes runescape what it is, if it did what other mmorpg do then it woudn't be rs so stFu kthnx if you don't like it play your other mmorpg Dumb @[wagon]. And there are several monsters that are hard to kill. The point of the game is that you don't need to wait for 10 hours to form a Dumb party of people to fight 1 monster, you can for the most part do it yourself but need the levels to accomplish this and the skill :evil:

xbox360_pgr3.png

Trying for firecape!!

Why don't you just go onto the forums and suggest a better monster for team cooperative slaying.

When the kalphites came out the queen was impossible to solo. Now that there are better weapons and armours it is possible, but still hard. Jagex loves to see players work together so I bet it wouldn't be too hard to get them to make a new co-op boss.

suggesting things on the official forums does nothing all you get there is "omg noob your suggestions stupid look at my post dr4gon pl8 pl0x quick find code 12345-534-52"

either that or jagex just ingores you so when you complain about it you get a perm ban for being "offensive to jagex"... Thats what happened to me. Then i sent in a query 8 days ago and no response... still banned...

The thing is that, there is such a thing as Protect From... in Runescape, it negates an NPC's whole attack type, making them much easier, I would like to see you try and do it without any Protect Prayers. See if you call them wimpy.

Known formerly as Ameoba3000.

Now known as Vigoss.

Thing of it this way instead. If Jagex puts in a huge boss that takes 10+ lvl 100+ to take it down, they'd have to make a new item for it to drop, otherwise there would be no point to killing it. That means that new item would be at least 100+ mil to buy, and then people will not tell if they got the item from the drop, it would not promote togetherness, but more greediness (if that word exists). There are plenty of ppl who lie about D chains from KQ, u can expect MORE people to lie about the new item.

clbqf5.jpg

Dragon drops: D med x3, D Spear x2, Left Half x1, D2h x1

Crawling Hands X4, Cockatrice heads X2, Basilisk head X2, Kurask head X1

Support me in the drop race

The reason why there isnt these big bad monsters in runescape is because its a java based game ;). Besides, if there was a monster that required 20 people to kill and it dropped new dragon item or weapon or something, then all the lower level players who cant kill it would be pissed off. Yes they still get pissed off now but if a team of lvl 70 goes and kills the kq, they can do it with a big enough team, but with a monster that requires 20+ lvl 110+ people to kill, they would probably go cry in a corner. The price of that particular item (lets say it would drop a dragon full helmet) would be outrageous. It would start at probably close to 100 mil, then maybe drop to half that and probably stay there for awhile because of the magnitude of the monster and the required skill, also how dam hard the monster is. If you want to fight bosses of that size, then go play World of Warcraft, Guild Wars, Guild Wars Factions, or maybe once Guild Wars Nightmare comes out (which I am indeed intending to buy ;)), etc.

Furthermore, the monsters right now are good enough. Yes they blow compared to those big time games out there, but you also have to either download them, or buy them from a CD, and they indeed do NOT use java.

shaunri33sigpsd9vq.png

If you have any questions about World of Warcraft or you need an explanation about something, please feel free to pm me.

Let me introduce you to my friend Jad :twisted:

who can only be soloed and has been many times whats the point of your post?

Whats the point of your post, who cares if the monsters are weak, don't kill em..

Try solo'ing the Dag kings? Only has been done by Oddfaery as far as I know.

I soloed rex alot before, with just me there.

siggd7.jpg

err, 110+ cant solo every boss monster

King Black Dragon - uses many types of attacks, and not easily solo-able, im 123 combat and ive never soloed it since jagex beefed him up :notalk:

Kalphite Queen - do i really need to say more, pretty much impossible to solo without teleing away from it at least once, because you use mage protect, and her range attacks still hit 30+, and thats if u decide not to melee it, in which case melee attacks will hit 30+ as well, fairly commonly. the best way to do it is full verac, but thats hard to do solo still

Chaos Elemental - never been to it, but the way people solo it i think is with a cannon, in which case it doesnt matter what ur combat lvl is

TzTok-Jad - the real, and only "Boss" of runescape, not easily killed, but its not a risk to kill it so its different i suppose

Dagganoth Kings - you pretty much need a team of 6 people to take these down, but you can of course just have a single mage kill nothing but the melee one

any "bosses" im missing?

Those, techinacally, aren't bosses, because in most things once you kill a boss, you can never do it again, all the ones above are things you can train on, Jad is also included because, even though a waste of time, every 2 hours you might have a chance of killing him.

Real Bosses: Dagganoth Mother (Level 100), Agrith-Na-Na (Level 146), Flambeed (Level 149), Karamel (Level 136), Dessourt (Level 121), Gelatinnoth Mother (Level 130), Culinaromancer (Level 75), Jungle Demon (Level 195), The big undead guys in Shilo Village (Level 91, 68 and 93), Sea Troll Queen (Level 170), Slash Bash (Level 111), Arzinian Being Of Bordanzan (level 75 - 125), Delrith, Kamil (Level 154), Dessous (Level 139), Damis (Level 107 and 174), Fareed (Level 169), Elvarg the Dragon (level 83), must I continue (please say no)

Those are the real bosses in Runescape, and yeah, I copied that right front Tip.It's fabulous quest guides. \'

Anyways, this topic is turing into a bash and slash-a-thon, so can a mod close this?

I'm back?! No wayz!!!

43mxr40.jpg

Someone hasn't fought damis....

Damis isn't that hard. I just snared him and use earth blast and didnt eat once. in fact, i needed to eat something in order to pick the shadow diamond from the ground. :roll:

Darn the Silkroad crap. i cant believe my friend plays that... YOU DONT EVEN LOSE ANYTHING IF U DIE!!

the reason why is players are disogranized. until jagex releases a clan support option, it would be impossible to organize 20+ people, let alone level 110s, to go on a hunting expedition. then you have the drop splitting issue...

Let me introduce you to my friend Jad :twisted:

who can only be soloed and has been many times whats the point of your post?

He can only be killed with enough knowledge and skill. You actually mean to tell me it takes skill to kill those big monsters on the other MMORPG's? I've killed a few myself, and it's no harder than killing any other monster, it just takes the right gear, and a little longer than any other monster.

Last.fm: http://www.last.fm/user/Aaronm14/

MY FAVORITE BAND:

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fu ... d=64310717

And the bible is the big book of lies, call me a racist if you must.

err, 110+ cant solo every boss monster

King Black Dragon - uses many types of attacks, and not easily solo-able, im 123 combat and ive never soloed it since jagex beefed him up :notalk:

Kalphite Queen - do i really need to say more, pretty much impossible to solo without teleing away from it at least once, because you use mage protect, and her range attacks still hit 30+, and thats if u decide not to melee it, in which case melee attacks will hit 30+ as well, fairly commonly. the best way to do it is full verac, but thats hard to do solo still

Chaos Elemental - never been to it, but the way people solo it i think is with a cannon, in which case it doesnt matter what ur combat lvl is

TzTok-Jad - the real, and only "Boss" of runescape, not easily killed, but its not a risk to kill it so its different i suppose

Dagganoth Kings - you pretty much need a team of 6 people to take these down, but you can of course just have a single mage kill nothing but the melee one

any "bosses" im missing?

i agree with the author. i think what you just said is a load of bs. i can solo the kbd 4 times per trip on my own...

i have soloed the kq ONCE WITHOUT TELEPORTING, however it was very close, and i had to use 16 full sara brews and 4 full super restore potions plus 3 shark

chaos elemental- ive soloed it with a cannon

dag kings- not only is it impractical with 6 ppl, but they can be killed alone. most people go in groups of 2, along with the kq.

BTW i am 105 cb

I think runescape lacks these huge bosses because it is not as profession/team oriented as other games. Other games have professions specifically designed to take damage, or do damage, or heal others. In runescape, people are pratically all the same once they get high levels. This means you cant have those balanced teams to take down huge bosses. Its also becuase healing in runescape is pretty limited. In other games you get skills that heal for a lot or heal over time, with unlimited uses, instead of just a max of 28 slots for food/potions. If jagex got more involved with using magic to boost stats or heal yourslef or others, it would be more realistic to have these huge bosses in the game.

dag kings- not only is it impractical with 6 ppl, but they can be killed alone. most people go in groups of 2, along with the kq.

They can only be killed two at a time at most. People who so-called "solo" Dagganoth Kings use their limited range of sight to their advantage to keep all 3 from fighting them at once... that's NOT "soloing" the Dagganoth Kings. No one can solo all 3 at once.

Anyway, IMO the reason RS doesn't have megaboss monsters like in other games is that they simply haven't gotten around to it. IF there ever will be a monster that powerful in RS, its drop would be more than some crappy dragon armor, and Jagex hasn't even finished the dragon equipment sets yet (not even talking about plate, kite, and helm <.<). I'm not suggesting like some noobish "god" set, but like an equivalent of the fire cape, only more powerful and for use in some other armor slot.

On the other hand...

Jagex has always been the type of company that wants people to play their game but not get addicted... they even say in the manual to take 30 minute breaks every couple hours. Message of the week also promotes going outside (*gasp* sunlight). I highly doubt Jagex would ever add a monster that requires like 6 hours to kill. The longest required amount of time on RS that Jagex ever introduced was about 2 to 2 and a half hours when Fight Caves first came out, but that was later changed so you could take breaks between waves. I don't think Jagex wishes to be responsible for killing its best players because of bladder ruptures and dehydration.

Furthermore, what the hell would be the point of adding a monster that gigantic. It would be a waste, where's the fun in fighting a giant pair of talons\feet\paws? I'm willing to wager a fair amount that Jagex will never introduce a "boss" monster larger than the Tztok-jad. The jad can only be seen in its entirety from at least 3 spaces away, which is ridiculously huge. It's about 3x the size of the KQ. I just don't see a need to go any bigger unless they add like a zoom in\zoom out feature to RS.

I also agree with what others have said about RS players all being generally the same. RS doesn't technically have classes that have different bonuses and advantages that help them contribute to the fight. 10 lvl 100's on RS is basically just one lvl 1000. In some other game, it might be like a lvl 500 mage\healer\enchanter\summoner thing if the forces of a group of 10 lvl 100's are combined. Players on RS can be the best of everything, so most things in RS are fairly easy to beat when you're maxed out compared to being maxed out in some other game because in the other game you can only be maxed out in like prayer for instance. Then someone else fighting would be maxed out in melee, then someone else would be maxed out in magic, and so on. In RS you get all that in one, making fights immensely easier even without protection prayers.

Lastly, one reason Jagex probably hasn't released such a monster is because of the extremely prevalent population of whiners in RS. If Jagex released some super powerful monster that only a group of a dozen or more 120+ could take down, everyone else would start complaining about how Jagex doesn't care about the low lvls and how it's not fair and blah blah blah. We've all seen how Jagex reacts to whiners... holiday drops becoming nontradable, getting breaks between waves at Fight Caves, rushed updates because of impatient noobs, etc. Jagex could probably just be playing it safe by sticking to the usual monsters.

Nazgul.jpeg

scared lifefess of the desert treasure guys, i don't know what you're talking about!

weeee.gif

Sorry for the off-topicness, but is that the god for Pastafarians? I've heard so much about these cultists/teenagers/people

TwistedTransistor01 wrote:

I think this topic is usless for 1:

1.) Thats a completely Different Game..Duh

2.) I'd like to see you kill the KQ, CE OR the Dagg kinds yourself one Trip.

3.) Runescape is not Downloadable like that one which i bet you download it and dont play it on a site if i am wrong then so Sue me.

!) so runescape cant have monsters that are actually hard to kill?

2) NO monster in most other mmorpgs can be taken down by one person

3) whats this have to do with anything?

The third one means that games that are free and downloadable have better Graphics...so reason why its sooo big.

Head Gen of -=ÃÆââ¬Å¡ÃâæAge Of LegendsÃÆââ¬Å¡Ãâæ=- Clan

WhiteKnightMaster.jpg

SirAram.png

I agree actually, It would be nice to have a huge style boss monster that was very hard to team even with a group of 20+ high levels. A lot of the monsters nowadays, whilst not a walk in the park have been reduced down to a simple exercise of teaming with the right gear, and are profitable.

"Da mihi castitatem et continentam, sed noli modo"