why are runescapes boss monsters so......wimpy?

The_Avatar

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

well they could make jad a hard boss.

• Make it so you can't pray in the cave while fighting him, atleast no protection prayers.

Lower his max hit to around 70.

Raise his HP total.

Give him random protection prayers like the KQ.

And let more than 1 person go in to fight him.

I agree most are pretty easy ( minus the 3 kings )

/off topic what game is that in your screeny?

It's been done-- Many, many, many times before. It's not that hard.

Just because Jad has been killed doesnt mean he's not 'wimpy' Thats all im saying

Quit - October 7th, 2007.

1700 Total, 4 years of RS.

signatureqb0.jpg

^Click for Blog^

1) The "Boss" monsters on RS are easier because we have Protection prayers. Try killing any of the boss monsters without the prayer, then let's see what you say.

2) That monster is big. :) Is that a free MMORPG? What is it? Message it to me!

3) refer to post one for my on-topic comment.

the 3 facts are popular today arnt they?

1) another thing runescape shouldnt have these they make the game waaaaaaaaay to easy your basicly invinceable

2)silk road online free basicly a oriental equivilent to WoW

3)>_> *runs*

Previously known as Monkeybeast0.

Walkman1022.jpeg

Let me introduce you to my friend Jad :twisted:

who can only be soloed and has been many times whats the point of your post?

Whats the point of your post, who cares if the monsters are weak, don't kill em..

Try solo'ing the Dag kings? Only has been done by Oddfaery as far as I know.

I did... unintentionally.

I went with my clan and lured rex away so they could kill supreme in peace... and they came over and attacked rex before prime was down.

What resulted was in 10 minutes I was left alone. I killed Rex 5 times and Supreme once or twice... using Oddfaery's strategy.

I agree, RS monsters are too small. :(

Wait just a second, now you're saying runescape monsters aren't hard to kill.

Before you said they are possible to solo.

Until you can solo anything above 300 and say it was easy then you have no right to accuse any monsters of being wimpy.

tippysiggy.jpg

silkroad online,right?I would personally love huge boss monsters,but then again,runescape doesn't have ownage skills that you stack together for major damage,unlike silkroad online,rose online,guild wars,etc.jad is as big as it gets on RS right now, but why not have something so big you can only see a toe? :thumbsup:

Wait just a second, now you're saying runescape monsters aren't hard to kill.

Before you said they are possible to solo.

Until you can solo anything above 300 and say it was easy then you have no right to accuse any monsters of being wimpy.

now let me only say this one more time "IN COMPARISON TO OTHER GAMES"

all your posts are saying the same thing "omg leik ur teh wimp d00d" so ill be ignoring you from now on you havnt made a valid point yet.

Walkman1022.jpeg

Why don't you just go onto the forums and suggest a better monster for team cooperative slaying.

When the kalphites came out the queen was impossible to solo. Now that there are better weapons and armours it is possible, but still hard. Jagex loves to see players work together so I bet it wouldn't be too hard to get them to make a new co-op boss.

tippysiggy.jpg

Why don't you just go onto the forums and suggest a better monster for team cooperative slaying.

When the kalphites came out the queen was impossible to solo. Now that there are better weapons and armours it is possible, but still hard. Jagex loves to see players work together so I bet it wouldn't be too hard to get them to make a new co-op boss.

suggesting things on the official forums does nothing all you get there is "omg noob your suggestions stupid look at my post dr4gon pl8 pl0x quick find code 12345-534-52"

Walkman1022.jpeg

Okay, I see it this way, Jad is HARD, he's BIG, and he's INTIMIDATING, but that's all the strongest monster Runescape has to offer. I'm not saying he;s weak, I'm saying he doesn't necessarlly have the looks of the OMG he's the strongest monster in the game, I better head for the hills!!! (of course no one would do that because they wouldnt get to Jad and then just run away.)

I'm just wish he was more intimidating.

I still admit though I haven't found Jad, but I've seen alot of vids and pics of him, which still falls into my point, he doesn't have the looks. Night Terror in Soul Calibur 3 is more intimaidating.

I'm back?! No wayz!!!

43mxr40.jpg

I'm not mean, it's Silkroad Online.

In Metroid Prime 2: Echoes, there was 40 story tall boss, THAT'S intimidating, the camera zoomed out for a cut scene and Samus was about the size of it's little cyber toe. God that thing was hard, yet fun.

EDIT: I know a game like Echoes is alot different from Runescape, but I'm showing an example of intimidation.

I'm back?! No wayz!!!

43mxr40.jpg

That's Silkroad, it's a very good game, for being free.

Problem is the lag, becuase millions play at the same time, it can take an hour to get into the game. Also...everyone autos to the max level in a few mere weeks... <.< I played it to level 30, then gave my guy away and quit.

But yeah, Runescape should have bosses like that. How occasionaly you'd find a "Giant" or "Champion" monster while training. :? That would be wicked.

well they could make jad a hard boss.

• Make it so you can't pray in the cave while fighting him, atleast no protection prayers.

Lower his max hit to around 70.

Raise his HP total.

Give him random protection prayers like the KQ.

And let more than 1 person go in to fight him.

I agree most are pretty easy ( minus the 3 kings )No protection prayers = 2 hit k0

and besides if more people could go in like 30 people would go in and own him in 5 minutes making it easier to get a firecape WAY EASIER and plus people would keep doing it for the 16K tokkul award so itd be easy for some low lvl players to go in and be lucky enough to not get hit for howerver long jad lasts and BAM! they get 16K tokkul free.

/off topic what game is that in your screeny?

No protection prayers = 2 hit k0

and besides if more people could go in like 30 people would go in and own him in 5 minutes making it easier to get a firecape WAY EASIER and plus people would keep doing it for the 16K tokkul award so itd be easy for some low lvl players to go in and be lucky enough to not get hit and just let the high lvl players kill all the monsters up to jad while they hide ina corner somewher for however long jad lasts and BAM! they get 16K tokkul free.

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaayl4.png

Quit. PM me if you play The Conduit to exchange friend codes.

Bah, Dag Kings are nothing compared to that "thing".

I would like to see something like that in RS.

Some crazy level 1902 that you need a team of 20 ppl to even have a chance with.

One prayer mistake, and you're dead.

Guaranteed dragon drop.

Anyway, would be cool.

*buries Roc bones* Woo.

A circus in Runescape?? Oh my.

Leesters.png

Leesters.png

REMEMBER RUNESCAPE KARMA! Be a nice player, and nice things will come back to you.

I'm back, add me if you deleted me. :)

Why are you guys flaming him?

His point is very legit. Hes not straight out meaning that Runescape bosssmonsters are wimps but in comparison to what is reqquired in other games they are. While it may be close to impossible to solo many some of the monsters in Runescape it is possible to pull off. These other monsters require excellent timing and teamwork to have any chance to take down. There is no monster in Runescape that requires allstar teamwork as well as high levels and lots of people... so far.

Why are you guys flaming him?

His point is very legit. Hes not straight out meaning that Runescape bosssmonsters are wimps but in comparison to what is reqquired in other games they are. While it may be close to impossible to solo many some of the monsters in Runescape it is possible to pull off. These other monsters require excellent timing and teamwork to have any chance to take down. There is no monster in Runescape that requires allstar teamwork as well as high levels and lots of people... so far.

cause runescape is runescape, runescape ISNT the other games its its own game.

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaayl4.png

Quit. PM me if you play The Conduit to exchange friend codes.

err, 110+ cant solo every boss monster

King Black Dragon - uses many types of attacks, and not easily solo-able, im 123 combat and ive never soloed it since jagex beefed him up :notalk:

Kalphite Queen - do i really need to say more, pretty much impossible to solo without teleing away from it at least once, because you use mage protect, and her range attacks still hit 30+, and thats if u decide not to melee it, in which case melee attacks will hit 30+ as well, fairly commonly. the best way to do it is full verac, but thats hard to do solo still

Chaos Elemental - never been to it, but the way people solo it i think is with a cannon, in which case it doesnt matter what ur combat lvl is

TzTok-Jad - the real, and only "Boss" of runescape, not easily killed, but its not a risk to kill it so its different i suppose

Dagganoth Kings - you pretty much need a team of 6 people to take these down, but you can of course just have a single mage kill nothing but the melee one

any "bosses" im missing?

thing is runescape is more individual game, not team based.

also protection prayers gives huge advantage to players again NPC. i doubt if any other game has such good protection agains monsters.

it's simply two different styles of games and you can't do much.

yes maybe one big bad monster would be fun, but face it it's hard to get big team oranized people so you could go kill monster. such place would be almost deserted all the time.

1500+ total 89 cmb; 1600+ total and under 93 cmb.

02/04/07 reached all skills 60+ under lvl 90 cmb.

07/19/07 reached all skills 70+ at lvl 93 cmb.

Prayer is good for herbs

I agree that rs monsters are not very intimidating in appearence. I agree that they are rather "easy" in the sense that they are all soloable to some extent. I also agree that it would be great if there was a monster that required 20 or so people to take down. It would be fantastic if there was a monster that required prayer switches (like jad), hit high (40-50), hit multiple targets (like the kq), had a decent drop (offensive plates and legs FTW), and required some form of intelligence to take them out. The closest thing to that in rs are the dag kings. The problem is that they would be EASILY soloed if they weren't in the same room. One big bad nasty would be great fun in my opinion since I am not a fan of multiple monsters at once. :boohoo:

I disagree on the size issue, though. Jad is large enough and anything more than a square or two larger would be too negatively impacted by the poor camera angles. Jad-sized, kq/jad-styled attacks, huge damage, and a great drop would keep me entertained for weeks if not months.

RahkUrWrld.png

PM me in game to use some skills of mine (glories/potions) free or to ask a question.

Fire Cape - 04/29/06 Lvl 104

RAHK's Pro PC Gear and Guide(clickable)

splash02tm6.jpg Tired of hack and slash? FPSers getting old? Give this game a try!