why are runescapes boss monsters so......wimpy?

The_Avatar

to whoever said you dont need stratagy to take these kind of monsters down you are definatly wrong. that monster was faced by at least 3 groups of the highest levels in silkroad before a gm had to ban the hacker that put it in the middle of silkroads equivilent to lumbridge and remove the monster.

people who are saying "but jagex caters to the whiners they'd complain that they couldnt beat it" jagex NEEDS to stop catering to whiners its absolutly ruining their game.

to people who saying "buuuuuuuuuut it wouldnt fit on the screeeeeeen waaaaaaah" i never said it would have to be big just hard that monster just happens to be big and near impossible to kill

Previously known as Monkeybeast0.

Walkman1022.jpeg

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

gotta agree with u we do need a higher monster

anyones the dragon pick has to come out sooner or later right...

It might be againest the rules for u to say but waht game is that looks interesting.

we have all done this before

one time i woke up sleeping under my bed with a jello and a spoon lol :ohnoes:

Barrow Items: 31

Le MTA vous poss̮̬̉̉de baiseur de m̮̬̉̉re

I agree. It would be nice for a very high lvl creature (lvl 1000+) that uses several combat styles at once and can hit very high.

The idea is that you need lots of people to kill it (clans and so) and the monster gives a nearly garantued good reward. (drop rate dragon chain 90% or so). To compensate for large clans to keep on killing it and getting too many chains, let the monster spawn only once a week.

phata_elise.png

ah but on silkroad you dont have prayer do you?

if roc came to rs and the kaphite queen went to silk silkroad would be destroyed and the roc would be downed as he has only one sort of attack right?

siggity siggity shwa

I think RS isn't the appropriate game for having this huge monsters. If I see how many people got scammed by their partner when killing KQ I doubt if it'd be better in cases like this. There is something terribly wrong with the mentality of loads of players. Everybody only cares about cash & rares but not about team spirit, friendship, respect, loyalty etc.

I think it's be better to keep it the way it is. RS is a solo game and 95% of the time you train alone. I prefer keeping it that way =)

SOJ

2016 goals: all skills +30mil xp - Completed this goal 11th December 2016 smile.gif
2017 goals: get at least 3 more master capes (start xp: invention done@21st Jan, mining done@2nd April & ranged 76/104mil done@June 20th) & all skills +40mil xp (done 24th August)

Someone hasn't fought damis....
Damis is NOTHING.

I personally cant take some monsters down because I am too weak, are you saying that the examply you showed no one can take down? Because if some select few can, that goes the same to the Scapers that can take down a certain monster, while most cant. So I really dont understand the whole topic.
Ah, but that's the thing; it's possible for you to, once you level up. On games like WoW, where there are plenty of huge bosses, it's impossible for someone to solo a boss like this, or even do it with 5 people. I've seen bosses so frikken huge that they fly up into the sky, all the 20+ people fighting him are little specks, then the boss shoots some HUGE fire attack, killing most players and leaving some to do some emergency heals.

Why are you guys flaming him?

His point is very legit. Hes not straight out meaning that Runescape bosssmonsters are wimps but in comparison to what is reqquired in other games they are. While it may be close to impossible to solo many some of the monsters in Runescape it is possible to pull off. These other monsters require excellent timing and teamwork to have any chance to take down. There is no monster in Runescape that requires allstar teamwork as well as high levels and lots of people... so far.

cause runescape is runescape, runescape ISNT the other games its its own game.

So you are saying that runescape cannot become better? :XD:

The thing is that, there is such a thing as Protect From... in Runescape, it negates an NPC's whole attack type, making them much easier, I would like to see you try and do it without any Protect Prayers. See if you call them wimpy.
On runescape, protection prayers are basicially all the variety that there is. Saying to just run up and attack a monster like Jad with no prayers is like telling a WoW priest to run up and start wacking a dragon with his staff.

Thing of it this way instead. If Jagex puts in a huge boss that takes 10+ lvl 100+ to take it down, they'd have to make a new item for it to drop, otherwise there would be no point to killing it. That means that new item would be at least 100+ mil to buy, and then people will not tell if they got the item from the drop, it would not promote togetherness, but more greediness (if that word exists). There are plenty of ppl who lie about D chains from KQ, u can expect MORE people to lie about the new item.
This is personally why I love the WoW item system. When an item is dropped, it shows up on all players screens, then they get to roll ingame "dice" for it, and whoever gets the highest number wins. Also, the really good items are bind on pickup, meaning when you pick them up they cannot be traded.

Darn the Silkroad crap. i cant believe my friend plays that... YOU DONT EVEN LOSE ANYTHING IF U DIE!!
How is that a bad thing? :-s

I think runescape lacks these huge bosses because it is not as profession/team oriented as other games. Other games have professions specifically designed to take damage, or do damage, or heal others. In runescape, people are pratically all the same once they get high levels. This means you cant have those balanced teams to take down huge bosses. Its also becuase healing in runescape is pretty limited. In other games you get skills that heal for a lot or heal over time, with unlimited uses, instead of just a max of 28 slots for food/potions. If jagex got more involved with using magic to boost stats or heal yourslef or others, it would be more realistic to have these huge bosses in the game.
Completely true, which is exactly why these boss fights would be awesome, but would also never come until a runescape sequel.

On, and btw, here is a pic of one of the weakest boss monsters in WoW, in a level 19 instance dungeon. (an instance dungeon is a dungeon that has randomly generated monsters and items for each group of players that enter it together) It's dead as I couldn't fit it in the screen alive.

It's a HUGE 2.6mb pic, so click here to view it. (it was too big to even upload it on imageshack LOL!)

awesome_bloodvelds_siggeh.pngpossiblesig11.png

:^_^: I drew that smilie, btw, along with a few more used by this site.

Classic bloodveld for lyph3! Although I do like the new ones.

Like a ninja, here I was, gone I am now.

BUT! I may be back! Add my new account, Dr Bloodveld!

The thing is that, there is such a thing as Protect From... in Runescape, it negates an NPC's whole attack type, making them much easier, I would like to see you try and do it without any Protect Prayers. See if you call them wimpy.

We have no healer class, wich is what makes runescape unique. Keep it that way.

Retired

2146 overall - 136 combat - 6 skillcapes

Plus I think the whole teenage girl thing will end soon (hopefully), because my girlfriend is absolutely in love with him(she is 18), and im beginning to feel threatened by his [Justin Bieber] dashing looks.

Dude! a level 21 is orange to you? hehe.

HORDE NOOB!!

~Aussy

Edit: And to some people wondering, that thing is dead and lying on the ground, imagine it standing up..

(on WoW after killing something it's body stays until you cut off it's skin or a certain amount of time passes and it fades away.

penguinesigrq6.png

HORDE NOOB!!
HORDE FTW!!! And yeah, I really hate grinding, so I'm only level 21. :lol:

Edit: And to some people wondering, that thing is dead and lying on the ground, imagine it standing up..

(on WoW after killing something it's body stays until you cut off it's skin or a certain amount of time passes and it fades away.

Yeah, on WoW, items never drop to the ground, instead you have to loot the bodies. (not at you aussy)

Off topic: Wasted 20 minutes trying to do Bloodveld's guide on fake pics, MAN that's confusing :-k
I'm sorry, but that's quite sad.

HORDE FTW!!! And yeah, I really hate grinding, so I'm only level 21. :lol:

Quests are faster exp then grinding anyway, I never Grinde except when i'm killing these level 25-26 Gold Elites that hit 10's on me. I sit there for an hour or two , goto the store and sell the stuff i got and find a nice new 30 gold peices in my inventory.

penguinesigrq6.png

err, 110+ cant solo every boss monster

King Black Dragon - uses many types of attacks, and not easily solo-able, im 123 combat and ive never soloed it since jagex beefed him up :notalk:

Kalphite Queen - do i really need to say more, pretty much impossible to solo without teleing away from it at least once, because you use mage protect, and her range attacks still hit 30+, and thats if u decide not to melee it, in which case melee attacks will hit 30+ as well, fairly commonly. the best way to do it is full verac, but thats hard to do solo still

Chaos Elemental - never been to it, but the way people solo it i think is with a cannon, in which case it doesnt matter what ur combat lvl is

TzTok-Jad - the real, and only "Boss" of runescape, not easily killed, but its not a risk to kill it so its different i suppose

Dagganoth Kings - you pretty much need a team of 6 people to take these down, but you can of course just have a single mage kill nothing but the melee one

any "bosses" im missing?

KBD - I'm 118. I soloed the new version when I was 114 for a video, he wasn't too hard. I had 2 shark left.

KQ - Got lucky with my d mace specials, and she kept using magic. I soloed her in one trip ONCE. Every other fight took 2+ trips though. It just takes luck to get her in one trip.

Jad - Has to be soloed.

Dagganoth Kings - With a team of 3 you could kill them nonstop for 2 hours... even alone you can kill 3-4 if you know what you're doing.

\'

Silk Road Online looks like a rip-off of WoW, the interface looks exactly the same... :-s

OnTopic: I agree though, RuneScape really needs a tough team-based boss fight. Mages blasting away in the back, and the meleers take the damage at the front.

No longer playing Runescape, I caught the WoW bug.

Yea there should def b a monster that can not b soloed in anyway way, even in a fluck. Would like to c a monster where u have 2 have a melee a ranger and a mage, at least one of each! Not 100% how this wud b done, prob by using protection prayers or at least where this is by far the most effective way of killing it. i no theres a lot to critisise about my post here as i havent really thot much about the details.

newbankofrsyq0.gif

Silk Road Online looks like a rip-off of WoW, the interface looks exactly the same... :-s
Exactly what I was thinking...

Quests are faster exp then grinding anyway, I never Grinde except when i'm killing these level 25-26 Gold Elites that hit 10's on me. I sit there for an hour or two , goto the store and sell the stuff i got and find a nice new 30 gold peices in my inventory.

I'm an undead priest, and I've beaten all the quests up to my level. I still have to grind a few more levels until I get to the point that I can solo the next quests.

I'm an undead priest, and I've beaten all the quests up to my level. I still have to grind a few more levels until I get to the point that I can solo the next quests.

LMAO! PREIST!!! MAGES OWN ALL OF YOU!!!!1111!! S1ft + one Eleven!!!

penguinesigrq6.png

ok i thot it out a bit more there over dinner, the sorta thing i was thinkin off, is if u had a real mean monster that was in a way a mini game! As ur heading into the beast's den, theres 3 doors, one for ranged, one for melee and the other for mage. You need at least one person to go though each door for the game to start, then once u pick the door, u can only do attacks of that type, and there is somesort of restiction to make sure that say each type of fighters do at least say 1/4 of the overall damage. It would attack some way similar to the KQ where it atacks randomly wit all 3 types of attack, and can hit multiple ppl, but if postioned right wont hit every1 all the time. Small details to iron out, but thats the basics of what i think rs needs in the way of big bosses! And of course for all this trouble the rewards would have to be huge, say like a dragon kite perhaps?

newbankofrsyq0.gif

ok i thot it out a bit more there over dinner, the sorta thing i was thinkin off, is if u had a real mean monster that was in a way a mini game! As ur heading into the beast's den, theres 3 doors, one for ranged, one for melee and the other for mage. You need at least one person to go though each door for the game to start, then once u pick the door, u can only do attacks of that type, and there is somesort of restiction to make sure that say each type of fighters do at least say 1/4 of the overall damage. It would attack some way similar to the KQ where it atacks randomly wit all 3 types of attack, and can hit multiple ppl, but if postioned right wont hit every1 all the time. Small details to iron out, but thats the basics of what i think rs needs in the way of big bosses! And of course for all this trouble the rewards would have to be huge, say like a dragon kite perhaps?

newbankofrsyq0.gif

i get what you are saying. as a WoW player boss monsters in the higher lvl instances such as molten core (MC) are difficult and require a lot of strategy and a pretty good sized raid maybe smaller if you have Tier 2 armor or AQ armor....but still. In Black Wing Lair (BWL) the bosses are extremely difficult to kill...even harder in AQ. some people might not understand what im saying...but if you play WoW, you'll know. it only takes like 3 people for KQ. so it isn't challenging really

as a 60 gnome mage and a proud owner of an Enigma Circlet and full Netherwind (my Tier 2) i do have to say that WoW has a lot of strategy involved with it's gameplay. while RS doesn't

Ralvn.png

LMAO! PREIST!!! MAGES OWN ALL OF YOU!!!!1111!! S1ft + one Eleven!!!

HELL YA :twisted: .

[if you have ever attempted Alchemy by clapping your hands or

by drawing an array, copy and paste this into your signature.]

Fullmetal Alchemist, you will be missed. A great ending to a great series.