Do you believe in Karma?

Irish_Geek

Skip to smaller paragraph if you dont wanna read a boring story...

Just posted this becasue I struck it "rich"(meaning 300k) on my low level pker and wanted to give it to my main. I didn't know/think this was against the rules of the game at the time! I gave 130k, rune plate, rune scimmy, rune longsword, and power ammy to my trusted freind (Chippy!) and he accidently traded to the wrong guy. I don't know how he did it, but thats what happened.

I didn't think bad of it or get pissed off at Chippy! becasue it's just a game. I later was fishing in Catherby, pming my friend Moshra112 about the incident. He told me after that it he would just up and give me 300k, for nothing. I was somewhat confused by this becasue my first day on members, he just asked to be my friend and we occasionally exchanged hellos. He gave me full rune which I needed and he claims I hit 60 attack, he will just up and give me his spare dragon dagger(?).

After Moshra traded me, I got back to thinking earlier in the day, when me and chippy were going to go pking. Since I struck "rich", I gave him a couple thousand gps, becasue when we first met, I was binding but was out of water runes, and he gave me like 200 for free. I told him I would pay him back, so I gave hime 15k.

End of boring story...

Sorry for the long story. Have you ever done something really small ingame and gotten massive rewards later on?

Quality posting at its finest.

Have you ever done something really small ingame and gotten massive rewards later on?

No :(

I'm still waiting for the low lvl I gave an Iron Full or helped him, to give me a Phat :P

summersignature.png angel2w.gif

"A man's gotta do what a man's gotta do"

[Currently playing: K1ll L1f3]

Once, I was fighting elves for a slayer task. I stopped what I was doing to help someone out who was trying to find the correct elves for one of the quests. He ended up dieing on one of the traps, and since I had told him to go the wrong way by mistake, I gave him some money. When I went back to my slayer task, the next elf dropped half of the Dragon square shield. :)

Is chippy a chipmunk that is gold? Or silver on the forums? The other day a newb (not a noob) gave me a bronze square shield on my pure, so I'm like brb. I com eback on my main and gave him some spare stuff. A rune axe, addy pick, and 10k. Not much but he loved it lol.

maxsig28nv.gif

This is not karma. Half of you don't even know what karma is. Stop taking My Name Is Earl to seriously for smeg's sake.

Karma is not programmed into Runescape. But it is cool when you do something nice for someone in the game, and then something nice happens to you.

This is not karma. Half of you don't even know what karma is. Stop taking My Name Is Earl to seriously for smeg's sake.

my name is earl is a great show! ;)...

but on a diff note, he is right...this isnt karma.

w4M8t.png

i was 1k exp. from 65 slayer, killing jellies with prayer since i had run outta food. i collect all coin drops since they total up very nicley, and i high alched a few mith and rune items there. anyways, a level 102 traded with me. i accepted and she put up 5 monkfish and accepted. i was thinking wow thanks. i decided to pay a large sum for them offering 5k for them. i accept, and the trade complete. i ate two of the monks, then killed a jelly. and what did it drop? a half key. not any half key mind. a loop. i had finally got a loop afer 3 tooth drops.

not drastic, but still karma :XD:

220pxshkariwlogogt3.jpg

I helped a level 7 out once by giving them 1k minds and 1k cash and then showing them the way to camelot so they could get flax for money (why they were a member at level 7 I will never know; and yes they were a newcomer). So I met them in lumby cause I have been needing hides for crafting exp...was having no luck, then next thing I know, I get a message from someone that agrees to sell me 900 hides, than another person sells me 100 and one more person pms me offering to get 500 hides...level 61 crafting, I come for you 8-)

sir%20nomad.gif

I'm not sure if this counts, but I've "invested" in noobs before.

A long time ago in RSC, I made friends with a new player and gave him a lot of my old stuff that I didn't need. A long time later, after I had been playing on and off, my friend has become a super rich and high level player. He fortunately remembers how I've helped him in the past and gives me tons of stuff. It was great.

acinonyx5pw.jpg

Acinonyx jubatus - binomial nomenclature for Cheetah!

10th grade OVER!!!

I try to be nice to everyone. Before I used to give away random things to people. Sets of rune, cash, whatever I think might help them. I just lost 30M so I haven't really been able to do that lately.. I do believe in Karma, although these are not good examples... :roll:

Another way of thinking of it is: "For every action, there is an equal and opposite reaction".

91215531.png

Poetry

Indexed Picture 1

Indexed Picture 2

Killed my maxed Zerker pure April 2010

Rebooting Runescape

91215531.png

about maybe 8 months ago, i was playing along, minding my own business when i newb comes up to me in falador and asks me very politely to take him to varrock. he said he would pay me and because he asked so nicely, i took him up there. we chatted along the way and made small talk. when we got up there, he offered to pay me some menial amount of gp.

i told him no thanks, that i had a plan brewing to make some good money (this was before i became a steel merchant). about thirty seconds later, another person pms me asking me to come over to the bank. i figured it was another "hi, im a mod and i need your pass" scam and i was in the mood to report, so i went over there.

the person told me to come upstairs, and i was thinking to myself "ah, another one bites the ban stick" but instead the person trades me. i open the trade window and he trades me a power ammy, 20k, a rune plate, rune scimmy, and a rune full helm and hits accept.

the first thing i typed was "can you hang on a sec, i think ive got something crazy in my eye..." and the person lols and tell me about how i helped his friend get over to varrock when he was really confused. he then went onto to tell me that he was quitting and was giving all his stuff away and that since he knew how i was going to do dragon slayer(one of the things i was telling the guy about), that i might need this stuff to get through it.

so yeah, thats my story of how things went really cool for me \\'

I couldn't care less if he was Andrew Gower himself, I just don't like arrogant smegheads.
*in the voice of the comic book guy from the simpsons* best. quote. EVER! :thumbsup:

I don't believe in Karma per se. I believe that in a very practical sense, what goes around comes around, but there's nothing truly mystical about it.

If you walk around with a generally negative attitude, it can affect how others interact with you and it can affect your perspective on your environment. A negative person likely treats people negatively and because they are negative, they will notice every injustice done to them and every drop of rain that lands on their head, while disregarding or making excuses for the "good" things. Others may percieve this as karma having it's way with a bad person. "Oh he does bad things, so bad things happen to him."

If you walk around with a generally positive attitude, it can affect how others interact with you and it can also affect your perspective on your environment, just in different ways. A positive person likely treats people better and will find people to be more enjoyable to interact with, since they are aiding in the pleasantness of the interaction. A positive person will have a short memory for unpleasantness, or might even see the bright side to each one, while embracing the positive things that happen to them. Observers my look at this and say one of two things, "He's got good karma," or "He's happy because good things happen to him!"

The whole "full moon" argument falls into this line of thought as well. When the moon's full, we all start looking for crazy things to happen. Seeing as how crazy things happen every night, we'll have no shortage of observations. The other nights of the month, we're not as tuned in to the world's insanity and therefore we attribute craziness to the full moon.

Leesters Karmitis Virus (LKV) strikes again! Protect you're children from this deadly virus, it is spreading through Tip.it worse than a forest fire going through, well, a forest!

[surgeon General says: LKV is a dangerous virus, and has been known in the past to disappear and reappear insantly due to a large number of carriers. Symptoms of LKV are: a constant babbling about Karma, and commonly complete confusion towards the actual meaning of the word. If you know someone with LKV, get them to the closest doctor and get them their shots ASAP!]

[if you have ever attempted Alchemy by clapping your hands or

by drawing an array, copy and paste this into your signature.]

Fullmetal Alchemist, you will be missed. A great ending to a great series.

im till waiting for mine since i helprd a guy through an entire quest i havn't done before (ty tipit quest guides \' ) i hve a few more quest points and 1 step closer to the legends' guild... yet i still haven't gotten my free d chain <.< yet

lighviolet1lk4.jpg

Ok, so its not Karma. We got that point through. Well, that shouldn't stop you from being kind. Do onto others as you would like to have done to yourself. Thats pretty much the lesson we've learned since we were young.

Is chippy a chipmunk that is gold? Or silver on the forums? The other day a newb (not a noob) gave me a bronze square shield on my pure, so I'm like brb. I com eback on my main and gave him some spare stuff. A rune axe, addy pick, and 10k. Not much but he loved it lol.

He is silverchipmunk on these forums :wink:

I was wcing in Draynor once and someone died to a tree spirit. I tried to pick up as much of his stuff as possible, that was three months ago.

He just PMed me saying he wants to give me over a mills worth of stuff! :shock:

I can't say that i believe in karma at all... We are all human beings, we do bad things and good things throughout our life, the same as good and bad things happen to us. Who's to say these events are linked? If you ask me, it's just coincidence, nothing more

657757fr7.png

SHH HUT YUH MUH. DERKHED.