Most ridiculous infomercial product?

Necromagus

As someone who occasionally finds himself staying up past 1am, I can't help but watch the occasional infomercial, since they are broadcasted on certain channels after broadcasting hours. Now I know that the Americans and Japanese members of this forum will probably see the most ridiculous stuff, but a few nights ago I saw something that really made me wonder if I hadn't eaten something that was making me hallucinate (mushroom soup for dinner).

The product was called 'The Doggystep'. At ÃÆââââ¬Ã¡Ãâì49,95, your precious pooch, riddled with the ravages of old age, will regain full access to the couch, the bed and your lap.

doggystep3stripzj6.jpg

Feel free to share your favourites :)

:lol: I' ve seen the doggystep here.

We also have this infomercial around here where there's this guy trying to sell a HUGE set of kitchen knives. They're guaranteed to never ever ever dull.

There's also some mechanical jar opener thing... That's supposed to make jar opening easier. It amuses me because I've never really had a problem opening a jar and they say "jar" extremely funny. Like, "jer".

3898000bYVcx.png

That spinning hairbrush, I'm sure there's a variant for every single country.

As for 'infomercials' - that's almost as much of a euphemism as 'safety cameras'. Trying to disguise something no one likes by making it sound as if it is done with their interests in mind.

I've stopped calling 'ad breaks' or 'breaks' in programmes those names because they imply that they are welcome. A break is a bit of relief. Because of how pedantic I am I now called them 'advert penances' or 'advert interruptions'.

I hate all forms of advertising for financial gain. I think products should stand on their own merits - if something is good then it will spread by word of mouth. What I particularly hate now is all the small print that flashes on the screen whilst the voiceover is talking. Another thing I dislike is how adverts are deceptive; for example using only prerendered/cutscene footage in a game advert - though fortunately the standards authorities are twigging about this (COD: Big Red 1 advert banned by the ASA).

Yes, I receive the ASA (Advertising Standards Authority) weekly adjudications newsletter.

Some people are changed by being a moderator. I wouldn't be.

O o! Proactive:) Lame commercial, with even lamer results.

WARNING: Product not yet tested by me (Kirk), and may cause severe brain damage due to stuff not yet tested by me (Kirk).

[Admin edit: We cant have this on a g-rated forum]

Yeah, Im Strong..

maxhitgo7.png

Not really an informercial, but theres this one commercial that really gets on my nerves. It's just a great example of what advertisers think of people.

The contentso f the commercial:

Are you fat?

(forgot what) causes body fat!

Stress causes (same thing as above)!

You need (drug name here)!!!!!!!!

It's so fast.. and there's no actual content other than that...

smithie3.jpg

I just posted something! ^_^ to the terrorist...er... kirbybeam.

A fascinating infomercial is the Magic Bullet. It is absolutely hilarious. the product is some super fast/convient blender, and actually informercial itself seemingly has a story line, starting with the blender making breakfast, then having various family members/friends popping into the kitchen to request wierd food, that the blender can magically whip up in seconds. This all culminates with the skeptical grandma coming in, and being proven wrong by the blenders brilliance. All the characters are highly stereotypical, which makes them all the more hilarious. It is actually quite an interesting commercial, which i have watched trhough many times.

ShadowSam19.png

i have those doggy steps :$ they were 20 dollars at target.

whats so ridiculous about that infomercial with the steps?

commercials that annoy me are fat ones. OMG HEY FATTY WANT SOME CHICKEN?!?!?! TOP SCIENTIST FROM THE UNIVERSITY OF THE 3RD FLOOR CONFRENCE ROOM HAVE COME UP WITH A SUPER PRODUCT THAT WILL MAKE U LOOK LIKE KATE MOSS!!!

then in small print

80 dollars per monthly subscription, we will continue charging your credit card every month

485th person to ever play RuneScape

Blue107- perm banned 10/12/2007. $300 USD reward if you can get me in contact with someone who will take 5 seconds to look at evidence and get my original character unbanned. 

O o! Proactive:) Lame commercial, with even lamer results.

WARNING: Product not yet tested by me (Kirk), and may cause severe brain damage due to stuff not yet tested by me (Kirk).

Proactive is the only stuff I've found that actually works. Yeah the commercial is lame, but the stuff is great. (It doesn't work as well if you're an active person who tends to be outside and sweat a lot).

Some CDs to make you learn English (was on a Spanish channel) Everytime its on, they do it again right after the first one ends. #-o

In the end you see this guy looking like SuperMan and smiling, which you can tell he sucks at faking smiles. :lol:

"The cry of the poor is not always just, but if you never hear it you'll never know what justice is."

siggy3s.jpg

You aren't going to believe this...

Eye drops intended to cure eye herpes.

A girl in my school has gonorrhea in her eye or something of that nature..

ÃÆââ¬Å¡Ãâï(ÃÆââ¬Å¡Ãâú_o)/ÃÆââ¬Å¡Ãâï

doomdeathyz5.gif

:lol: I' ve seen the doggystep here.

We also have this infomercial around here where there's this guy trying to sell a HUGE set of kitchen knives. They're guaranteed to never ever ever dull.

There's also some mechanical jar opener thing... That's supposed to make jar opening easier. It amuses me because I've never really had a problem opening a jar and they say "jar" extremely funny. Like, "jer".

Ronco :roll:

Stupidest one I've ever seen, by the same guy

SET IT AND FORGET IT!

There was this stupid air filter thing meant for bathrooms. In the infomercial it showed the filter set up right on the edge of a bathtub and the bathtub was full of water. Towards the end of the commercial it said, "WARNING! Do not use near water!!"...

On a side note: That doggy-step thing is one of the dumbest things I've ever seen...

that one guy from waynes world... with the hair sucking cutter thingy. :thumbsup: some company actually make those i think.

Red Stripe beer claims it's not a real product.

Boo vaccum hairstyling attachments!

Hooray beer!

(And it writes "not actual product" at the bottom) ::'

I love the idea of those red stripe beer comercials.

Boo my off-topic-ness!

Hooray tip.it!

1z2zrwo.jpg

Not really an infomercial, but theres a weight-reducing pill the was comercials that say

"On average, 78% of weight lost from this pill is pure body fat!"

:shock: What's that other 22%?!?!?!?!?! :ohnoes: :uhh:

Heh, I've seen that commercial too.. I tend to talk to the lady because she always calls me fat :(

Maybe the other 22% is muscle :ohnoes:

Not really an infomercial, but theres a weight-reducing pill the was comercials that say

"On average, 78% of weight lost from this pill is pure body fat!"

:shock: What's that other 22%?!?!?!?!?! :ohnoes: :uhh:

Heh, I've seen that commercial too.. I tend to talk to the lady because she always calls me fat :(

Maybe the other 22% is muscle :ohnoes:

I was thinking that too... Or maybe that 22% is vital organ mass? :ohnoes:

1z2zrwo.jpg

I hate all forms of advertising for financial gain.

So, you hate all advertising basically, right? The whole purpose of advertising is to bring in business to make money. The only exception I can think of is the ads where people are asking for pledges to help poor kids in other countries. While I don't like ads either (only because they are boring, most of the time), I feel that they a necessary part of the economy.

Last.fm: http://www.last.fm/user/Aaronm14/

MY FAVORITE BAND:

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fu ... d=64310717

And the bible is the big book of lies, call me a racist if you must.

LMAO! I jsut remmebered the worst and most annoying one!

Ok its called "Head on" this chapstick stuff you put on ur forhead to make migranes go away! thats not all :twisted:

Heres how it goes:

Head on apply directly to the forhead

3 times in a row super annoying lol -.- :?

LMAO! I jsut remmebered the worst and most annoying one!

Ok its called "Head on" this chapstick stuff you put on ur forhead to make migranes go away! thats not all :twisted:

Heres how it goes:

3 times in a row super annoying lol -.- :?

That commercial annoys me so much too. I mean it really works, but it's so annoying.

that one guy from waynes world... with the hair sucking cutter thingy. :thumbsup: some company actually make those i think.

its called a fleeblow or something, maybe feblow

EDIT: its called a flowbee

flowbee-sma.jpg

485th person to ever play RuneScape

Blue107- perm banned 10/12/2007. $300 USD reward if you can get me in contact with someone who will take 5 seconds to look at evidence and get my original character unbanned.