Tim Chenw2's DIY Barrows Blog

Instead of Spamming the Blogscape forum with another Blog of mine, I am reusing my really old and defunct Blog from 2007 (the content is now in Hide tags)

Anyway, I am blogging my current progress to DIYing every piece of Barrows in game at the moment, and includes Akrisae, my current progress is 18 out of 32 pieces, and my drop tab is as follows:

5th December 2013

Barrows_Bank_2013-12-05_zps0e7b3ae4.png]

My Tab is a little late due to me being lazy and not blogging my attempts, but I am now. The 12 Dragon meds did not all come from barrows, in fact I can only remember getting 3 since I started to DIY barrows.

Also, One set of Crossbows and Ahrim's Wand/Book were DIY'ed from a long time ago, so I slightly cheated.

The Mind Rune stack is my collection from Barrowing since at least 2008, if not earlier, and my Chaos Rune stack started last year.

My setup to do Barrows is very simple:

Barrows_Outfit_zps32bad65f.png

Drygores with bandos and Ardy cape to recharge prayer everyrun. Yes, I know it might have been better to just tele out using the Medallion, but Ardy cape is safer.

Anyway, I also plan to test some of the following. Since I was able to purchase some number of Barrows Amulet from the GE thanks to the Rise of the Six update, I began to wander how useful/worth it these amulets are.

For the record, my buying price for these amulets are around 5k each.

At this price, I am inclined to believe that it is worth using the amulet on Akrisae, the time saved can easily let you do more runs and thus get more items in the same time possible, but the question is how many amulets per run? Just 1 or all 3? I am doing only about 3 hours of each scenario and comparing ONLY the Runes, Bolt racks and Totem drops, I am not taking items into account, the rarity of the items may throw off my would be inaccurate conclusions.

I am testing the following scenarios, each spending 3 hours, getting exactly 3 KC's in the tunnels:

1. Killing 6 Brothers, no Amulets used

[hide=Loot from first hour]

Hour1_zps7d93e581.png

The Items were from the same chest

The Triskelion gave me the following:

TriskelionLoot_zps573344bf.png

The Triskelion part also makes it the 5th Part I have obtained from Barrows[/hide]

2. Killing 6 Brothers, 3 Amulets used

3. Killing 7 Brothers, 1 Amulet used on Akrisae

4. Killing 7 brothers, 3 amulets used, including 1 on Akrisae.

A small note on Barrows Amulet I have discovered when I was playing around with it:

A. You cannot use the Amulets on the brothers directly, a generic "Nothing Interesting Happens" messags pops up.

B. You cannot use the Amulets if the brother you are trying to banish is currently up (IE if you can see the brother, you cannot use the amulet).

C. You CAN use the Amulet on the Tunnel Brother, use it on the (closed) chest.

[hide]Hi people, some of you may already know me, some may not (probably the latter tongue.gif) Here I will post my achievements in terms of Untradable Items, and drop logs from Barrows (no pics).

Let's start with a Bit of history behind my Character:

Q. Why is there a 2 in the end of your name?

A. Well... I did have a chenw, but unfortunately, being a newbie, and did not like dying, I was stuck with 1 hp in the Draynor mansion at lv 3, which i didnt know where the exit was. He is still stuck there at the moment, and I log onto him every now and then (still 1 hp btw, but now I know how to get out)

Q. How long?

A. Since June 2004. I was inactively most of 2005 due to university work, only got into the game around January 2006. I wanted to be the second Franzk at the time, and so I 'refused' to become members. On 13th April 2006, I gave in the temptation and got members. Then I met like 20 people from tip it around June when I started actually logging in World 9. Met kwimbob in Canafis Bank, Laikrob while barrowing (in fact i met most of you people in Barrows tongue.gif)_

Enough of Background history, I will post up a few pics of my drops and bank at a later stage. I am in work atm and dont have the pictures with me.

First Achievement

Fire Cape, 25th June 2006, 18.50 GST

This day marked the day of my greatest achievement to date, as this tested my patience a lot. On this day, I was awarded the Fire cape, at combat level 97, with the following relevant stats:

77 Defence

75 Ranged

64 Prayer

Here is a screenshot of TzTok-Jad burning while I proclaim my victory

06jun25185051df9.jpg

This run was very lucky in someways, because

1. Jad spawned in the North eastern corner, thus none of the healers were coming from behind I was able to get a clear shot of each before I moved back to Jad.

2. At two points during the fight, I turned on the wrong prayer, and at both of these times I switched prayer just before the hit landed. If Jad was Ket-zet, then I would have been dead because he 'hit' you before you see the damage, so turning on prayer after would have been too late. I was hit 0 both of these times, so it might be that it was not too late.

3. At another point, when the healers were there, I ran OUT of prayer! I was really nervous then because it looked like my second attempt (where it was one shot too short to kill Jad before he got me scenario), and I thought it's 300k down the drain. He hit a grand total of 9 on that hit. I could not possibly be luckier.

4. I had 2 doses of sara brew left before confronting Jad, by the end of the fight, I had 7 hp left, one more hit from healer, bye bye cape.

Fire cape out of the way, moving onto barrow drop log (coming soon). I have all the drops, but i only took a log of 100 of the runs (out of possibly 1000)

Second Achievement

1600 Total Level, 6th August 2006, 23.27 GST

This day, I have achieved my first real goal, as to have 1600 total skill levels, and be one of the RuneScape's higher level players. Here are the pictures taken today by Juna's place:

06aug03232641wr4.png

Kwimbob was hidden under me in that photo tongue.gif, but he can be seen clearly here:

06aug03232702sp3.png

Thanks to those who were there in no particular order:

Kwimbob

Laikrob

Pauloino

Manacit (nvw08)

Darkalien182

Satenza

Now for that 1700!

Third Achievement

Runecrafting level 75, 15th October 2006, 21.35 GST

About a few weeks ago when I was looking through my bank, I noticed that about half way up my bottom section of the bank (the unmarked or unmarkable items section, such as Barrow sets and other stuff I still could not afford 2 of), pretty far up I saw my giant pouch, which was there since April, and I have not actually touched it or clicked it in all that time. The pouch was getting moulded and at that stage I needed some levels, so I decided to buy a load of Pure Essence and craft them all. I was 70 Rune crafting at that stage. I crafted for pretty much 2 weeks straight, running to the abyss, craft, teleport, repeat. Ironically, this day was the ONLY day where I got peekay'ed (all other times I got away with splashes or Tablet). Finally, at this day, I got my 75 Runecrafting

06oct15213506ue5.png

Thanks to Saidinwot and Shadd and other friends who I talked to frequent for keeping me sane over the past few weeks, and thanks to Ranged Crave (I think his TIF name is Ranging Beast?) for coming for the picture and keeping me insane tongue.gif.

5 more till 1700, and 4 more crafting level till glory time.

Fourth Achievement

1700 Total Level, 19th October 2006, 16.53 GST

I was quite happy with my character today, finished the final quest I have left to do (which was rat catcher), gotten myself a nice new cape and got myself that last few levels to get 1700 total. I am kinda starting to like Pyramid Plunder tongue.gif

06oct19165312tb8.png

Thanks to all those who kept my sanity high/low (delete where inappropriate) for the last few levels, now this is where it gets harder...

Now for that 1800!

Fifth Achievement

1800 Total Level, 23rd December 2006, 22.33 GMT

I told you people I would get my 1800 tongue.gif. (Ok ok, Hunter help a lot, i admit, still)

1800jq0.png

Thanks to all those who kept my sanity high/low (delete where inappropriate) for the last few levels, now this is where it gets even harder...

Now for that 1900!

Some Progress Blogs

Treasure Chest

Well it is about time that I finally got some spare Bank Space by storing a few outfits in my house with my costume room. But I figured the most empty one is Treasure Box, so I decieded to burn a load of cash to fill my box with Treasure Trail Items, here is the progress on them:

Level 1

Heraldic Black Shields

Heraldic Black Helms (Not done)

Black Trim Armor (Done)

Black Gold Armor (Done)

Trimmed Studded Leather armor (DONE!)

Gold Studded Leather Armor (Done)

Trimed Wizard Robes (Done)

Gold Wizard Robes (Done)

Wizard Boots (Done)

Black Beret (Done)

Blue Beret (Done)

White Beret (Done)

Highwayman Mask (Done)

Trimmed Amulet of Magic (Done)

Pentaloons (Done, thanks for the present Queenbee!)

Powdered Wig (Done)

Sleeping Cap (Not Done)

Flashy Pants (Not Done)

Blue Elegant Outfit (Not Done)

Green Elegant Outfit (Done)

Red Elegant Outfit (Not Done)

Bob Shirts (Done)

Level 2

Heraldic Adamant Shields (Done)

Heraldic Adamant Helms (Not Done, missing 4 & 5)

Adamant Trim Armor (Done)

Adamant Gold Armor (Done)

Trimmed Green D'Hide armor (DONE!)

Gold Green D'Hide Armor (Done)

Ranger Boots (Done)

Orange Boater (Done)

Red Boater (Done)

Blue Boater (Done)

Black Boater (Done)

Green Boater (Done)

Red Head Band (Done)

Black Head Band (Done)

Brown Head Band (Done)

Trimmed Amulet of Strength (Done)

Purple Elegant Outfit (Done)

Black Elegant Outfit (Not Done)

Level 3

Heraldic Rune Shields (DONE!)

Heraldic Rune Helms (Done)

Rune Trim Armor (Done)

Rune Gold Armor (Done)

Zamorak Armor (Done)

Guthix Armor (Done)

Gilded armor (Not Done)

Enchanted Robes (Done)

Trimmed Blue D'Hide armor (Done)

Gold Blue D'Hide Armor (Done)

Robinhood Hat (Done)

Black Cavalier (Done)

Dark Cavalier (Done)

Tan Cavalier (Done)

Pirate Hat (Done)

Trimmed Amulet of Glory (Done)

Saradomin Vestments (Not Done)

Guthix Vestments (Not Done)

Zamorak Vestments (Not Done)

Saradomin Blessed Dragonhide (Done)

Guthix Blessed Dragonhide (Done)

Zamorak Blessed Dragonhide (Done)

Barrow Drops as of 29th January 2007

Guthan the Infested

[7] War Spear (!!)

[2] Helm

[2] Platebody

[2] Chainskirt

Verac the Defiled

[1] Flail

[1] Helm

[2] Brassard

[2] Plateskirt

Dharok the Wretched

[3] Greataxe

[3] Helm

[5] Platebody

[1] Platelegs

Torag the Corrupted

[2] Hammers

[3] Helm

[4] Platebody

[2] Platelegs

Ahrim the Blighted

[4] Staff

[0] Hood

[4] Robetop

[1] Robeskirt

Karil the Tainted

[3] Crossbow

[1] Coif

[0] Leathertop

[3] Leatherskirt

[1] Dragon Med Helm (27/08/06)

Drop log:

3th September 2006 : Karil's Crossbow, Guthan's Warspear (4 Trips apart), Guthan's Warspear/Dharok's Plate Body (2 runs after the Spear), Torag's Hammers.

Consider This day to be a day that will never be repeated again. I managed to get my own Dragon Chain this day biggrin.gif

4th September 2006 : Nothing, Guthan especially nasty for hitting over 50 in 3 hits. Not good.

5th September 2006 : Dry runs as usual, stacking to 30 now. Guthan seems to have been juiced up, whenever he hits, it is 70% 15+ damage for some reason... Again I find Torag to be the easiest brother now.

24th October 2006 : Wow, I didnt barrow for a month and a half?! Jeez I need to do better. Anyway, dry run's so far. 48 Dry Streak and counting

25th October 2006 : The Dry Streak ended with Dharok's Greataxe at the 62nd run. Torag's Helm was in the run right after.

26th October 2006 : Nice Start, first run was Karil's Crossbow. Nothing else beside it though. Did not do much barrowing. Still though, where are Kari's Coif, Leathertop and Ahrim's hoody gone?! Those seem rare to me...

31st December 2006 : Another few months since the last time I went to harrass the pink ghosts, got a Verac's Skirt first run, nothing thereafer..

This log was part of Satenza's KC experiment, here are the results for:

6KC

barrow1finalna2.png

Item pic's (all these are sorted in order from the first run, I only included the ones that had a drop

Run 2

drop1hr0.png

Run 5

drop2pk9.png

Run 16 (The good one biggrin.gif)

drop3gm5.png

Run 22 (The only run I had so far that has dropped cash only, and I have the picture to prove it!)

drop4on4.png

Run 46 (My first ever Double drop)

drop5gy0.png

Secondly, 15KC table

15kceg3.png

Run 3

drop6ih4.png

Run 13

drop7bo2.png

Run 37

drop8pa7.png

Stay tuned for more pics...

Bank Pics as of 3rd January 2007

bank1oy3.png

bank2tm9.png

bank3ow7.png

bank4ro6.png

bank5go9.png

bank6ov3.png

bank7zd7.png

bank8pf1.png

bank9cc1.png

Bank Pics as of 16th August 2006

06aug16162802cw4.png

06aug16162805xp0.png

06aug16162817gw5.png

06aug16162820ql6.png

06aug16162832la4.png

06aug16162835wq0.png

06aug16162837qp4.png

06aug16162841cd9.png

invpq2.png

Dont mind the 20k cash... it's er... just spare change tongue.gif

Sorry for the inconvinience while this is under construction.[/hide]

tim_chenw2.png
6,924th to 30 hunting, 13,394th to 30 summoning, 52,993rd to 30 Divination

Kiln Record (Post-EoC): W 25 - L 0, 14 Uncut Onyx, 8 Jad hits received (Best record: Two in the same kiln)
Obby set renewed post update #2: 0

QBD drops: 21 crossbow parts, 3 Visages, 1 Kites, 2 Kits

Max Port Score [2205] Achieved: 27th April 2013 (World 2nd)

Farmyard Rampage ranking: 12th, 50,000 Kills.

Dragon Pickaxe Drops: 1 (Times after I first entered Battlefield: 2h)

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

nice cant wait till you begin updating also i want to see barrows blogs. can you please make pics when you get good items?

Give a man a lighter, and he will be warm for a while.

Set a man on fire, and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

cool, nice work. cant w8 to see the updates O:)

keep up the achievements

\'

siggy4ny.jpg

Slayer FTW!!! Currently Lvl 73

Barrows Items: 8 Dragon Drops: 5

1632 Total All Skills 60+ 1700 blog.

"If you have got nothing nice to say, say nothing at all"-Flamers Watch Out

updates!

tim_chenw2.png

Kiln Record (Post-EoC): W 25 - L 0, 14 Uncut Onyx, 8 Jad hits received (Best record: Two in the same kiln)

HAHA part: "This day, I have achieved my first real goal, as to have 1600 total skill levels, and be one of the RuneScape's higher level players."

Nearly 17000 players have 1600 total, and you ain't the highest level players, you need atleast 1900 total to be one of the highest in my opinion.

Nice stats and barrows drops.

damage112bs4.gif

HAHA part: "This day, I have achieved my first real goal, as to have 1600 total skill levels, and be one of the RuneScape's higher level players."

Nearly 17000 players have 1600 total, and you ain't the highest level players, you need atleast 1900 total to be one of the highest in my opinion.

Nice stats and barrows drops.

considering i am in the top 17000 of 1 million, (top 1.7% of all the players), thats i caller highER level, i never said highEST, they are different

tim_chenw2.png

nice 8-)

i might have to come rock crabbing/wallasalkying with you sometime...

contact me if you wanna

::'

siggiebw2.png

Noted raw mackerel drop... Wtfh?

Always buying: Watermelon seeds, 2K each. Strawberry seeds, 800 each. Contact Via PM on forums.

i was looking forward to a good blog, any more updates comin soon?

siggy4ny.jpg

Slayer FTW!!! Currently Lvl 73

Barrows Items: 8 Dragon Drops: 5

1632 Total All Skills 60+ 1700 blog.

"If you have got nothing nice to say, say nothing at all"-Flamers Watch Out

you get some really good drops from barrows. i've done it about 10 times, every time gotten about 1.7 - 1.9k and some runes. so i've stoped for a bit lol. well, have fun with barrows

darkmastersmq7.png

Reached my goal of 1500 total! Now, I'm off to train for fire cape :)

updated bank pics

tim_chenw2.png

• 2 weeks later...

i love the blog its great nice barrows drops ive only looted the chest once and got veracs brassard :lol: ive seen u around on world 99 never knew you was on tip.it :lol: good luck on gettin 1700 now! :D well i gotta go to work now :evil: Bye

enjin-197880-13470529531124777514-gray.png

Ex-Wilderness Guardian

Ex-Solace

Retired from F2P clans indefinitely