More F2P Bank Space! [BANKSPACE ACHIEVED!]

Prankster_King

This ofcourse, raises another problem. Is this unfair to all the people who dump random clothing in favor of actually using their space?

It would be unfair if additional space was limited to random event clothes only. On the other hand, if new space were open to any items, then it would be a different story, as it would let players choose what they wish to store in the new spaces...

Can't really say much more on that issue for now. :?

~Mr. Devnull

tifuserbar-dsavi_x4.jpg and normally with a cool mind.

(Warning: This user can be VERY confusing to some people... And talks in 3rd person for the timebeing due to how insane they are... Sometimes even to themself.)

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry if you dont want messages saying its a bad idea but many of the things you have said you use your bank to store you dont even need to store. I do agree that holiday items take up way too much space and I think that these should not count towards bank space but even if you keep all of your quest items it doesnt take up that much space. I have done all of the f2p quests and have none of the items from them in my bank anymore as they are not needed. I also think that keeping ores and other things like that is not needed as there is nothing to stop you just mining them when you need them. If you also do mage,range and melee then you probably do have a lot of stuff but it cant be so much that you can more than fill your bank 1/3 with it. I would also like to suggest that most f2p players should probably go through their bank once in a while and get rid of some of their junk as this can keep it a little less full.

So in conclusion I believe that holiday items should not take up bank spaces and that f2p should be a bit more careful with what they put in their bank.

Finally I know you dont want comments like this but you do get what you pay for and Jagex do get their $50 million a month to update members things and not to make free updates and free members are already lucky in the way that they are involved in most events.

The only way for f2p to be given more bank space is if they can put up with more ads that to be honest when i was f2p i ignored.

Edit: I also believe that f2p saying it is a long way to go to get event costumes etc. should try getting members for a month and then walking from the deepest part of the desert to yanille as i have done this twice and it has nearly made me give up runescape because of how boring that is so please dont complain until you have tried this.

aaron+e4.png

Finaly I can wield drag weapons.

Edit: I also believe that f2p saying it is a long way to go to get event costumes etc. should try getting members for a month and then walking from the deepest part of the desert to yanille as i have done this twice and it has nearly made me give up runescape because of how boring that is so please dont complain until you have tried this.

Dude, do you teleport much? :-s ... It sounds like you're doing too much the hard way...

~Mr. Devnull

(Warning: This user can be VERY confusing to some people... And talks in 3rd person for the timebeing due to how insane they are... Sometimes even to themself.)

Dude, do you teleport much? :-s ... It sounds like you're doing too much the hard way...

~Mr. Devnull

No, sad to say it I dont tele much I only have lvl 37 so can only tele to varrock and fally and i cant be bothered to get it up because i prefer melee attacks and only do leveling on mage every so often when i feel like doing something different. Also befor I got members 2 months ago I never did mage as I found it to be of no use.

p.s. sorry for this being off topic i was just answering mr. Devnull the question he asked.

aaron+e4.png

Sorry if you dont want messages saying its a bad idea but many of the things you have said you use your bank to store you dont even need to store. I do agree that holiday items take up way too much space and I think that these should not count towards bank space but even if you keep all of your quest items it doesnt take up that much space. I have done all of the f2p quests and have none of the items from them in my bank anymore as they are not needed. I also think that keeping ores and other things like that is not needed as there is nothing to stop you just mining them when you need them. If you also do mage,range and melee then you probably do have a lot of stuff but it cant be so much that you can more than fill your bank 1/3 with it. I would also like to suggest that most f2p players should probably go through their bank once in a while and get rid of some of their junk as this can keep it a little less full.

So...What do you have in your bank? Show a picture if you want. I'm sure there's more than quest items and holiday items. It's the random event items that take up a lot of space.

So in conclusion I believe that holiday items should not take up bank spaces and that f2p should be a bit more careful with what they put in their bank.

Careful? How? There's no way, other than selling everything and then buying it back. And that takes WAY too long...And holiday items are not what most people complain about.

Finally I know you dont want comments like this but you do get what you pay for and Jagex do get their $50 million a month to update members things and not to make free updates and free members are already lucky in the way that they are involved in most events.

So, why did F2P get that update yesterday? If they get what the pay for, that means NO updates. Including holiday updates. Seriously, Jagex proved that more F2P bankspace can be possibly by giving F2P the holiday event yesterday.

The only way for f2p to be given more bank space is if they can put up with more ads that to be honest when i was f2p i ignored.

Meaning? I'm guessing you meant "If there are more ads on F2P, then they might get more bankspace". And I doubt that's true. I'm guessing the only reason Jagex hasn't given any more bankspace is the file size or whatever.

Long way for them. They have no glories for quick access to Draynor. No agility shortcuts. I can probably get from the Agility Pyramid to Yanille faster than I can walk from the Varrock Museum to Draynor. It might cost more, but it's probably quicker.

And my idea if you skipped over it...Make random event items re-obtainable. No one wants to drop that Zombie Outfit, since they want the emotes. Well, if this happens, drop that outfit, and you'll still be able to get the emotes as you techincally still have them, because you'd be able to get them back. And I'm pretty sure this would take a lot less space than more bankspace...

doublesmileyface1.png

Cenin pân nîd, istan pân nîd, dan nin ú-cenich, nin ú-istach.

Ithil luin eria vi menel caran...Tîn dan delu.

And my idea if you skipped over it...Make random event items re-obtainable. No one wants to drop that Zombie Outfit, since they want the emotes. Well, if this happens, drop that outfit, and you'll still be able to get the emotes as you techincally still have them, because you'd be able to get them back. And I'm pretty sure this would take a lot less space than more bankspace...

=D> =D> =D>

I was just thinking all of us who support it should post our banks just so we can know what's going on

mybankjn3.th.png

In my inventory I'm currently wearing a zombie body and shoes and lederhosen. I also have gold gloves a defence ammy and a rune pick.

You'll notice the four frog tokens. I'm not dropping them. I really do have some stuff I could drop right now. The str pot, the rod, the addy full(sell) and the shears. I just drop stuff whenever I need space. I often end up going around trying to get back the stuff i dropped though.

I could easily clear up six psaces without a huge loss. The thing is, i'm wearing a lot of stuff that would normally sit in my bank.

As for the randoms, my bank will only get more pushed as time goes on.

did you read the behind the scenes november

After that little lot, we'll be giving you something we know all our members will be happy about: More bank space! We will be adding another three rows to the bank so you can store even more - erm - stuff! Hopefully, many of you are also using the new costume room (released last month) to store your costumes in, so you'll find you've got even more room to keep all of your gear.

did you read the behind the scenes november

After that little lot, we'll be giving you something we know all our members will be happy about: More bank space! We will be adding another three rows to the bank so you can store even more - erm - stuff! Hopefully, many of you are also using the new costume room (released last month) to store your costumes in, so you'll find you've got even more room to keep all of your gear.

I saw it. Some good things to it, but nothing for F2P... :( ...Chock up another slap in the face to F2P's from Jagex... :?

~Mr. Devnull

no_username4 I had a look at your bank and think you could clear at least ten bank slots by getting rid of stuff:

1. Sapphires can be sold

2. Rubys can be sold

3\

4!

5} clear out slots of food. you can stick to the food that creates the most

6! healing and selling some will get you even more money.

7/

8. the iron or mith just make up your mind on what your making.

9. Diamonds can be sold.

10. Is that a spinning plate because you probably dont use it and you can get one from diango if you realy want it back.

I could possible go on and tell you more because like you said you can sell the addy and the emeralds. depending on what the keys are for you could possible get rid of them.

So...What do you have in your bank? Show a picture if you want. I'm sure there's more than quest items and holiday items. It's the random event items that take up a lot of space.

Right I can answer this easily. Like I suggested Jagex make holiday and random event stuff not count towards bank limits.

I have also shown you how to be more careful by not putting stuff that you honestly dont need in your bank through the example of no_username4's bank.

So, why did F2P get that update yesterday? If they get what the pay for, that means NO updates. Including holiday updates. Seriously, Jagex proved that more F2P bankspace can be possibly by giving F2P the holiday event yesterday.

I can answer this if I just make the part of what you quoted bold.

Meaning? I'm guessing you meant "If there are more ads on F2P, then they might get more bankspace". And I doubt that's true. I'm guessing the only reason Jagex hasn't given any more bankspace is the file size or whatever

What I said was if they can put up with more ads it is likely they will get more bank space and I think you will find that file size has nothing to do with it because as im sure you know they need a lot more space for a full new skill than some peoples bank and it is only 1 line of text in a file that says an item is in the bank.

Finally here is a pic of my bank as a member with nothing missing.

30413092629.jpg

Here is what an F2p version of my bank would have but there is still more that can go. Its the same pic just with bits cut out that where members only.

30413393766.jpg

aaron+e4.png

I think if your complaining so much about non-members bank space i think u should get members i doesnt cost that much and you will feel alot better and they is more skills to do and if u ever want to hit number 1 rank above zezima u need to get members for the member skills

I think if your complaining so much about non-members bank space i think u should get members i doesnt cost that much and you will feel alot better and they is more skills to do and if u ever want to hit number 1 rank above zezima u need to get members for the member skills

Wow...Read the post first?

Anyways, Aarone, using your "theory" that you should only keep items you need, YOU shoudl take away from your bank the emerald ring, one type of arrow, the fly fishing rod, and many other things. Things that you need to train skills. And that's exactly what Prankster has on his list. Items like food are used to train combat. Items like gems are used to train crafting. I don't think there are any useless F2P items (Other than the rather cool holiday/random event/quest items), so there's no reason to take anything away.

And...

Meaning? I'm guessing you meant "If there are more ads on F2P, then they might get more bankspace". And I doubt that's true. I'm guessing the only reason Jagex hasn't given any more bankspace is the file size or whatever

So what about the other updates? IF F2P DO NOT DESERVE UPDATES, then WHY THE HECK DID THEY GET THOSE UPDATES THIS YEAR?????

And if Jagex gets $50 Million a month, it wouldn't hurt to update F2P, would it? I mean, they're already making enough money...And some people are saying that if F2P get 12 more bankspaces, then Jagex will amke less money. Maybe a little less, but I doubt any more than $1 Million. And the new skill will be part of the game, not the player file. (At least I think so) Bank space is part of the player file. There is still a lot of space on the game file, but not that much on F2P player files. (I'm pretty much guessing here...I'm probably wrong...)

And once again, if my suggestoin is to happen, then it will probably do two things.

1. Make the new costume room almost useless. Oh well.

2. Save at least 10 bank spaces for most experienced F2P players.

So far, through the first 32 pages of this thread, I've seen some popular arguments that Prankster has specifically said to not post. Some of those...

1. You get what you pay for.

So tell me, why are they still getting updates?

2. You're lucky you can at least play./Be happy with what you get.

It's kind of hard to be happy with what you get if you can't keep it in your bank. And it's hard to feel lucky for the same reason.

3. Just pay for members.

I already replied about this to Clay2. Not everyone here makes money, if it's from a job or an allowance. And it's usually not because their lazy, it's because they can't. The minimum working age where I live is 15. Many RuneScapers are under 15. How are they going to make money to pay for membership.

And even if you have a job, there are other things you should pay for. If you have a car, gas. If you have a house, rent. There are many more important things in regular people's lives than RuneScape.

Unless you have an argument other than those, please don't pos. (Unless you support of course). If you use one of those arguments, I'm copying and pasting.

doublesmileyface1.png

Cenin pân nîd, istan pân nîd, dan nin ú-cenich, nin ú-istach.

Ithil luin eria vi menel caran...Tîn dan delu.

I thank everyone for their support, and offer my apoligies for giving this late reply. I've been quite busy with Hallowen and such. Now, let me try to reply to the more important arguments and idea...

A free teleport to Draynor: That would be great, but what about the trip back to where you were before? Why not just telly to Lumbridge and walk for 2 minutes?

You get what you pay for: Look above for the reply by Penguingeek.

You need to be more careful with what you store: We are careful... We have to be. Even if we store only what we absolutely need, we still run out of room.

You don't need ores, bars and crafting material!: What is needed to be stored is different among different people. People that like to mine and smith will store an assortment of bars and ores. People training their crafting level will have to store numerous items needed for crafting. People that are cooking something (Let's say cakes as an example). Several ingrediants are needed for that. Then there's half finished products that they have to store. I think you get the general idea...

On the matter of more members space (November update): I'm dissapointed. It's true, that they will need more bank space for the new skill Jagex is releasing. But we still need more bank space, and have been for some time, for all the skills we have now...

To the guy that insulted everyone in this thread ("whining f2pers" as the insult): Please dont flame in my thread. The thread was locked because of morons like you... Also, try reading the first post.

To supporters: Thank's gain for your support. Keep sending those letters to Jagex. :)

Also, I think you'll be interested to know that I recieved replies to the letters I sent to Jagex 2 months ago concerning more bank space. Guess what it was... One of those automated messages saying the usual "why not consider becoming a member?". What dopes...

I'll try to reply to everyone elses messages soon. For now, I'm sure Penguingeek and D V Devnull will be happy to anser your questions/rants/spam/new ideas/ anything I've forgotten. Thank's to you two for the help.

bannerbancocopiadj3.jpg

userbarunorbv1.png

[bleep], my parrot has better grammar than you.

{Author of Tip.It Times article}{Founder of the F2P Bankspace Campaign}{Interviewed for the Gielinor Tribune}{F2P Bankspace was ACHIEVED!}

I CANNOT BELEIVE THAT MEMBERS ARE GETTING EVEN MORE BANKSPACE!

Why are members getting more bankspace, why do they need it? Sure they are getting a new skill Hunting which I think that they deserve but more bankspace? I think not. I have actually seen many peoples bank pics on these forums and other websites like tip.it and they all have about two rows of space left in them, which should easily be enough for the new skill.

Another thing is aarone4 said that F2P should be more careful with what they keep in there bank and get rid of some of their junk. Well what about P2P (members) why don't they get off their behind and go through their bank and get rid of all of their junk. They probably have 3 times as much junk then F2P have! I'm not trying to be mean to members but if you are going to tell us F2P people that we don't deserve it because we don't need any space they why should you need anymore space?

If jagex is so scared to give F2P some more space then why give members more? If they don't want to give up as much space then why don't they just give it to people once they log on that ways accounts that aren't used anymore don't get space they don't need.

Jagex always said that it was so hard to free up space for updates then why is it so easy for them to keep on giving Members more and more bankspace every couple of months? :roll:

I just don't get it.

---gandorf61 :-k

I just got 12 of my friends to send the message to jagex, I hope it will make a difference. :thumbsup:

---gandorf61

Proud supporter of more free to play bank space

EDIT!! EDIT!!

I just got a message from jagex regarding the message I sent them

Check this out:

Dear Gandorf61,

Thank you for your message.

Thank you for taking the time to contact Jagex.

At Jagex we always aim to respond to every message we receive from our players individually and as quickly as possible.

Unfortunately, due to the massive growth in popularity of Runescape and the increasing number of queries that brings, we have not been able to keep up, and are not able to offer a personal response this time. We are increasing the size of our customer support unit and hopefully the next time you need help you will be able to get a quick answer!

We always give priority to answering all member queries personally, but we are now aiming to answer more free player queries. This number will increase even more in the coming weeks.

Why not consider becoming a member and help support the continued development of the game? Plus you'll also get a range of extra features and benefits like four extra bank pages, exclusive quests and you get no adverts that can sometimes put you off your game.

As a Member you also get access to the Forums which can usually answer any query you have allowing you more time to play the game.

RuneScape.com holds a mass of information on RuneScape and quite often you will find the answer you are looking for here, whether it be technical, billing or game related - one of the FAQ's is bound to help.

If you have tried this and still cannot find an answer to your query, please resubmit it again and we will try to give a personal response.

Once again, many thanks for your query, and apologies that we cannot give a personal response at this time.

Sincerely,

RuneScape Customer Support

Good Luck. :)

Please always refer to the RuneScape Knowledge Base to find the answer to your queries quicker.

You can also find help on all free player and all new member quests through the QuestHelp system.

Yours Sincerely

Mod Bartlett

Well at least they were honest. I might send it in again in hopes they might actually read this. After this message I really don't think we have much of a chance in getting more bankspace. Oh well, we just got to keep on trying. KEEP ON SENDING THOSE LETTERS PEOPLE!!

---gandorf61 :(

END OF EDIT

I support the idea

But F2P doesn't need more space IF random event outfits and holiday event items didn't count toward the 60 spaces.

So why not just allow F2P to build the equivalent of a costume room. The room would cost more than how much it cost to train to 42 construction and build a costume room. I believe that this would be like 500k to 1 million, but i have no idea since i have never been a member. It should be located near to current teleport spot or given a teleport spot.

Also members who have built a costume room would get this for free and give them access to their costumes on F2P worlds since they dont have access to thier homes on F2P worlds.

This would be a more permanent solution to the bank space problem since jagex will add more random events and holiday drops and wont add many other items to F2P.

if something similiar to this has been posted, i'm sorry because i only read the first page and the last couple.

simpletron.png

Well at least they were honest. I might send it in again in hopes they might actually read this. After this message I really don't think we have much of a chance in getting more bankspace. Oh well, we just got to keep on trying. KEEP ON SENDING THOSE LETTERS PEOPLE!!

Honestly, it looks like Jagex considers your letter spam. I don't think they will change their minds no matter how many letters they get. But that's just my opinion.

I support the idea

But F2P doesn't need more space IF random event outfits and holiday event items didn't count toward the 60 spaces.

So why not just allow F2P to build the equivalent of a costume room. The room would cost more than how much it cost to train to 42 construction and build a costume room. I believe that this would be like 500k to 1 million, but i have no idea since i have never been a member. It should be located near to current teleport spot or given a teleport spot.

Also members who have built a costume room would get this for free and give them access to their costumes on F2P worlds since they dont have access to thier homes on F2P worlds.

This would be a more permanent solution to the bank space problem since jagex will add more random events and holiday drops and wont add many other items to F2P.

if something similiar to this has been posted, i'm sorry because i only read the first page and the last couple.

I don't think so. It's a whole elaborate thing purely to benefit free people. I would hope for the option to make costumes recoverable at the very most.(or more space some day) Jagex made the option availabe to constructors only. They're not about to make it free.

I support the idea

I don't think so. It's a whole elaborate thing purely to benefit free people. I would hope for the option to make costumes recoverable at the very most.(or more space some day) Jagex made the option availabe to constructors only. They're not about to make it free.

The key word is equivalent, which one of its meanings is "corresponding in function". It could be anything like a box in the middle of nowhere(my original idea but near a teleport spot), a new tab in the bank page just for costumes, destroy and costume go to diango, or the most unlikely a full blown costume room like in members.

The cost is there because if F2P ever got something like anyone of those for free then the costume room would be pointless.

It is not only for F2P because members still dont have acess to their houses in F2P worlds and therefore dont have access to their costumes.

I doubt that there will be any updates other than graphics for F2P, but i can still dream...

simpletron.png

I have read the replies since my last post and believe that this needs to be said:

I am not saying F2P don't deserve updates because if they didn't it would be unlikly that f2p would be there. I was simply saying that there are many ways around the problem of not having enough bank space. In reply to people who have said why dont p2p clear out their banks (one of these if penguingeek3 i believe) I think you will find that some do. If you can imagine all the stuff zezima has I'm sure he has to go through his bank every so often to make a little space so Jagex have thought of long time players who can't afford to get rid of anything in their bank by making more space for the new skill. Finaly things that are used for skills can be used up without having to be half finished. e.g. If you are mining and smithing then use up all the bars you make and sell the products and sell the ores you still have left over. This would mean that uncuts could be cut and then sold straight away or made into rings etc.

In reply to penguingeek3 who said why did f2p get other updates this year. I did say f2p are lucky to be involved in events (meaning holidays please read properly before saying its a load of rubbish) and the only other updates I know of where graphical updates like the icons for the side bar etc.

I do understand what it is like to have none of the p2p benifits as i have only been a member for 3 months and for a year before that i was f2p and this made me so annoyed at one point that it made me stop playing until mid august this year. So please when people say that members know nothing of what it is like to be f2p (In the way you were saying that what i suggested about being careful of content of the bank being a load of rubbish) Please remember we have most been there and I never had problems with my bank filling up because I was careful.

EDIT: I will have a quick look through this thread as I remember there being a letter for us to copy and send in and I will send it in and try to help you all out.

aaron+e4.png

I have sent in a message to Jagex and hope that they will give me a reply that is not automated I will keep you up to date on what they say about this and hope that f2p players will be given the benifits they believe they need. I am feeling very nice at the moment so if anyone belives I am contradicting myself I do not care and feel that sometimes you need to help others that need it.

EDIT: Here is a copy of what I sent to them:

I am contacting you now because many f2p players feel they are ignored by jagex and I believe that one of the main concerns is bank space. I have been an f2p player before and know that these players need this space. If you and your team at Jagex could take a look at the following I would be greatful as would many f2p players.

http://forum.tip.it/viewtopic.php?p=3470189#3470189

-aaron e4

P.s sorry about double posting

aaron+e4.png

If Jagex thought about it thoroughly as a business proposition, if they were to increase the bank size of f2p accounts it would lead more people to becoming members and in effect providing revenue for jagex itself. Why? They might ask, well think about it. If you have more space to store your items, you have more space to hold items that cannot be used unless you become a member, also new item combinations for members will become apparent, leading some to becoming a member. Its all in persuasion, and the way for jagex to increase their revenue by getting more and more f2p players to become a member would be to persuade them to increase their bank size even further to unlock new item combinations etc. at its current size, the bank does not fully utilise this persuasion, as it does not allow enough room for f2p players to work out new item combinations or save items up in order to become a member.

So Jagex, increase your revenue, you know it will work, so why not do it soon.

I love RS!!!

It has been mentioned several times that Jagex should just make random event outfits not count as bank space, or recoverable. It's true, that may help with some of our bank space problems, but not all. It's not just the random event outfits that we need space for. It's for all of the skills we have to train as well.

To Aarone4: I apreciate the fact that you sent in a letter on our behalf. Perhaps Jagex will pay a little more attention to letters sent in by members. Please post their reply once you get it.

To new supporters: For what seems the hundredth time I thank you for the support. :wink:

To gandorf: That was the exact same automated message I got. :lol:

bannerbancocopiadj3.jpg

userbarunorbv1.png

[bleep], my parrot has better grammar than you.

{Author of Tip.It Times article}{Founder of the F2P Bankspace Campaign}{Interviewed for the Gielinor Tribune}{F2P Bankspace was ACHIEVED!}