Old School! Post Your Pictures!

elucin8er

Seems like I own you in total levels and XP <3:

Haha, I knew you were in there, just didn't realize you were in the list I posted :-P good eye

Here are some more high score shots which should be back from march 2002...just interesting to look at.

The best part to me is the people on the right side of the images ranked 101+...the differences in their levels and exp verse rank 1. It's usually a 10x difference in exp.

[hide]

overall.png

fightingc.png

prayer.png

magic.png

ranged.png

smithingf.png

mining.png

craft.png

woodl.png

fireb.png

fishing.png

cook.png

[/hide]

And while looking I found myself again! :thumbsup:

Ranked 749 in prayer. I believe I made it into the 400's at one point, but I can;t be sure.

[hide]

meprayer.png

[/hide]

sig1178ko.jpg

Sykoknight - 1900 skill total - 132+ combat

Fighting High Scores from late 2001 - Ranked 1894

Prayer High Scores from March 2002 - Ranked 749

Ya, I've been around too long.

• Replies 417
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This has been great looking at all these old pictures...thanks to everyone who posted one.

I don't have any pictures of my own, but I was checking out a list of the first players to reach 99 in each skill and saw 'Kale Stille'.

I remember I ran nats for him when he was at like 97 and on a big push for 99. There must have been like 50 people running for him, it was madness.

This post has got me on a nostalgia kick and I'm enjoying it!!! :)

hehe ya hohto nice one :thumbup:

but im pretty sure ive seen some other archive where i'm above you in overall and hitpoints too :P i've actually noticed thru the first several months and years we were very similar in stats , switching back and forth between being the better of the two of us hehe. but you became alot better over time (which is why i secretly hate u) :ohnoes:

hehe ya hohto nice one :thumbup:

but im pretty sure ive seen some other archive where i'm above you in overall and hitpoints too :P i've actually noticed thru the first several months and years we were very similar in stats , switching back and forth between being the better of the two of us hehe. but you became alot better over time (which is why i secretly hate u) :ohnoes:

Yea it's true, in my skills and overall we were doing pretty much the same: if I passed you in one, you pased me in another. Think I started to get some gap at the time you "went to jail for bank robbery" or so. I tried to look through my pictures but couldn't find (ok, I can't be bothered to pay that much attention) any proper pics about this "race" though :P

signaturehoh.jpg

I'd rather die for what I believe in than live for anything else.

Name Removed by Administrator ~Turtlefemm

Hey whats up hoto and fook!

Like everyone else, I've been through a couple different computers since, so lost a lot of stuff, but I had a few uploaded to the hosting sites I remember.

pic somewhere early 2002 when p2p came out. Biga was always mad his lady friends liked me or something and would always roll in weakening then later on deny it. Funny thing is most of those are my same stats on rs2 now. Nothing much changed besides a couple combat lvls. I just started rs2 last week for the first time.

biga2002.jpg

122arc.jpg

my 123 pic. Originally I had a big party planned, but was like 3am and was impatient, and Shorty was the only noob on to celebrate with me lol.

123combatkp6.png

me, lightning, merlin, and paul right after p2p came out, messing around with the new dueling system and she accidentally killed paul.

lighting139.gif

bank1.gif

bank2w.gif

I used to have random strange convos with people and save the logs lol. but some random chats

randomsi.jpg

then that pic is me, lovell, oergg, bewareofmef and a few others. That might have been after Bewares wedding.

arcy777-2.jpg
arcsig.jpg
2001-2006 the fourth and last legit 123 on classic
123 classic/137 rs2 Native American Pride

yea, im tryin to get up on my feet here lol. Almost no one still plays, few people still loggin in everyday, hehas shadow, oergg and muumi and a few others. Other than that no one I really bumped into yet. Few people recognized me from classic, but I didn't know em.

The only thing that sucks for me is my entire bank is stuck on classic. I transferred everything back to classic when we had the option, then the few hats and crap I left on rs2 I gave away since I decided I was never gonna play rs2.

Combat ain't anything to lvl it seems like on rs2, prolly take a few months to do what would have taken years on classic. I just wanna mess around and explore and do some quests. I don't think I'll ever do any skills or nothing. Gotta learn how to pk rs2 style now. I tried but all those new crazy spells that freeze you...lol. Just gotta save up some cash and get all these new weapons and armor and stuff.

It's kinda fun starting over again though, at least I'm starting with a decent combat lvl anyways. Wont take me long to catch up though.

arcy777-2.jpg
arcsig.jpg

yea, im tryin to get up on my feet here lol. Almost no one still plays, few people still loggin in everyday, hehas shadow, oergg and muumi and a few others. Other than that no one I really bumped into yet. Few people recognized me from classic, but I didn't know em.

The only thing that sucks for me is my entire bank is stuck on classic. I transferred everything back to classic when we had the option, then the few hats and crap I left on rs2 I gave away since I decided I was never gonna play rs2.

Combat ain't anything to lvl it seems like on rs2, prolly take a few months to do what would have taken years on classic. I just wanna mess around and explore and do some quests. I don't think I'll ever do any skills or nothing. Gotta learn how to pk rs2 style now. I tried but all those new crazy spells that freeze you...lol. Just gotta save up some cash and get all these new weapons and armor and stuff.

It's kinda fun starting over again though, at least I'm starting with a decent combat lvl anyways. Wont take me long to catch up though.

Yeah its just there is so much to do now that I don't know where to start either.

So i'm just waiting for the re-introduction of RS1 than I'll probably play again hehe.

Yeah its just there is so much to do now that I don't know where to start either.

So i'm just waiting for the re-introduction of RS1 than I'll probably play again hehe.

I am so so excited for the re-release of rsc. I'll probably play it more than this, but I wonder how they'll do it...

jd4mfinalsmal0jp.gif

Proper Daily blogging including Starcraft 2!

Includes goal for 80+ all stats

Loving the classic pictures can't wait for it's re-re-re-rerelease ok it's just rerelease :(

Aww I remember fishing with Frizoid with her/his crazy green hair, wonder what happened to her/him :(

smellysockssigbyblfazer.png

To be honest I don't think the reintroduction of classic is going to be anything like we remember. From what I hear, there's going to be set stats and items, meaning no training or earning items. People can just set there stats to anything they like, and make any item they want. That is supposedly how to make autoing and real world trading useless. Pking would be back anyways.

On top of that, another problem is people made classic private servers, and some have like 500+ people all on at any given time playing. Lot of oldschoolers even play and support em. So Jagex is now talking about 'renting' out classic servers to individuals and letting them run them.

The current classic servers I hear are still going to be separate and locked from the new ones. But hopefully they will open those back up to the public if they end up getting enough of a classic following by the rs2 people. Then they can open up the real servers again and have enough support from the community to actually start modding the servers any autoers.

I still go on classic every couple days to mess around. Nothing but autoers really left on there. Just a handful of legit and ex-legit people still playing.

arcy777-2.jpg
arcsig.jpg

lineau.png

Don't forget the Order of Cabbage.

hvXho.png

99+ all 23rd March 2012 - 2496 total 13th June 2012.

9000+ dragon drops! Including draconic visage, d chains, d spears, d2h, d claws, d meds, d legs, d skirts... d bones, d hides :)?

w85p2012-1.png

I want jagex to put resource dungeons and dungeoneering skill doors to dungeoneering floors so I can dungeon and get dungeoneering xp while I dg so I don't have to dg to get dg exp, but I can dg while I dg :)?

To be honest I don't think the reintroduction of classic is going to be anything like we remember.

In my eyes, RSC died along with the players. The game itself was technically good enough to keep you busy during your freetime, but the people were the thing that dragged you back. I personally left RSC around 4-5 months after the release of RS2, mainly because there wasn't really anything to keep me playing: the community I liked(in major scale) had moved to RS2 or retirement, the leftovers were starting to play it more like a singleplayer game (read = autoers) and there wasn't really enough activity to form a new community. When the general atmosphere turned into what it was, I basically had 2 choices left, either to quit or move to RS2: RSC isn't really that great game for playing it like a single player game.

signaturehoh.jpg

I think Hohto nailed it on the head.

I tried to stay with rsc for a few months and everyone in it just started to disappear, so I followed the mass and jumped to rs2.

RS2 however was a completely different game. RSC took a certain kind of player...it was many long grinding hours to get any skills up since exp came MUCH slower in RSC. It had no real graphics (people complain that rs2 is poor on graphics, but rsc was a whole different story...). The people that played, and I mean actually played and got up in levels, were people that really loved the challenge of rsc. This made RSC not as appealing to new players, and made it much smaller and more close knit, so many people knew each other, which created great teams and rivalries. I think that gave the RSC community a certain aspect that you really don't get with rs2.

RS2 made training easier and improved graphics, which brought masses of new players, which killed the community of RSC. That along with many players quitting that didn't like RS2.

Back in RSC, almost everyone knew the major players, be it the master smithers, the combat obsessed, or the top PKers. Now days the only way people know someone is by their ranks on the highscores.

sig1178ko.jpg

Sykoknight - 1900 skill total - 132+ combat

Fighting High Scores from late 2001 - Ranked 1894

Prayer High Scores from March 2002 - Ranked 749

Ya, I've been around too long.

RSC isn't a skillers game. The reason the current RSC that has a good 10 people playing at the moment is doing so bad, is because it's not a game to enjoy training. It's all about PKing. There aren't enough people to pk with at the moment.

I can't want to get back to pking on RSC.

Stellactic.gif

yea after rs2 came out most of the skillers and everyone moved to rs2. The only people who really stayed were the pkers. That's all classic became was a pking and staking community. You still had hundreds and hundreds of active pkers and stakers. Only reason I stayed. Then came the autoers, the thousands of them lol, but they kept the pking scene around. A lot of new people did start playing classic too after the rs2 release, hundreds of them, so there was still a social scene and everything, just a lot of new people.

What finally killed the last of the classic scene was when all the autoers started getting banned/bored, and they closed registration for classic up, they started creating servers of their own and over time more and more people started moving away from classic to the fake servers. So classic pretty much is a dead scene now, but up until last year it was pretty decent and still worth playing.

It was a good run though. Given the choice all over again I still woulda stuck with classic.

arcy777-2.jpg
arcsig.jpg

I think Hohto nailed it on the head.

I tried to stay with rsc for a few months and everyone in it just started to disappear, so I followed the mass and jumped to rs2.

RS2 however was a completely different game. RSC took a certain kind of player...it was many long grinding hours to get any skills up since exp came MUCH slower in RSC. It had no real graphics (people complain that rs2 is poor on graphics, but rsc was a whole different story...). The people that played, and I mean actually played and got up in levels, were people that really loved the challenge of rsc. This made RSC not as appealing to new players, and made it much smaller and more close knit, so many people knew each other, which created great teams and rivalries. I think that gave the RSC community a certain aspect that you really don't get with rs2.

RS2 made training easier and improved graphics, which brought masses of new players, which killed the community of RSC. That along with many players quitting that didn't like RS2.

Back in RSC, almost everyone knew the major players, be it the master smithers, the combat obsessed, or the top PKers. Now days the only way people know someone is by their ranks on the highscores.

Well, Runescapes aren't/weren't played for the graphics. I personally don't usually care at all what the game looks like, the most important thing is what is inside the game. RSC died because the inside left, not because RS2 was prettier. Of course the Jagex policy (can't really blame them for it though) was the main issue that caused the real death.

As for training, I wouldn't take it so directly. Many of the things that made training easier (cook-x, etc) were built in after the release of RS2. It's normal for games to develop during the years and I could place a high bet that if RS2 had never come out, RSC would have gotten updates that made the training faster. I also wouldn't say that harder is better when it comes to skilling. To be honest, RSC leveling wasn't as great as RS2 leveling. With those xp rates, clicking and limitations in gear, leveling styles and methods, it was really repetitive. I'd also say that RS2 is more challenging in some ways; skillwise it is still really hard. You don't just max out, you actually need to do a lot of things, sacrifice time and balance on the edge of sanity. The amount of methods, skills and areas have made it harder to actually "completely know" rs: in RSC I could name the fastest methods for basically everything. There wasn't really too many alternatives for things and "secrets" were mainly bugs. Also RS2 has brought team work to a totally new level, which means social skills play bigger role.

I personally don't agree with the thing that people in RS2 would know each other only from ranks or RS2 not creating teams and rivalries. I personally see it like this: there are similar things, but instead of being knit around a web of players, they are now bound to clans. Clans are great ways to get to know new people really well, they create rivalries and drama. I'd say that's quite close to the thing I saw as "RSC community", except in larger scale.

RSC isn't a skillers game. The reason the current RSC that has a good 10 people playing at the moment is doing so bad, is because it's not a game to enjoy training. It's all about PKing. There aren't enough people to pk with at the moment.

I'd disagree. Skilling played a major role in RSC and what I saw, I'd say that more serious high level pkers also had their skilling side. At the moment RSC doesn't attract skillers for one main reason: why would you care about getting a level in a game that is played by 10 people? It's almost a singleplayer game at the moment and I definitely wouldn't play any singleplayer games where I'd need to do repetitive work for tens, maybe hundreds, of hours to gain an addup to my level list.

signaturehoh.jpg

I'd disagree. Skilling played a major role in RSC and what I saw, I'd say that more serious high level pkers also had their skilling side. At the moment RSC doesn't attract skillers for one main reason: why would you care about getting a level in a game that is played by 10 people? It's almost a singleplayer game at the moment and I definitely wouldn't play any singleplayer games where I'd need to do repetitive work for tens, maybe hundreds, of hours to gain an addup to my level list.

The major role that skilling played in RSC was the role of aiding PKers. Skillers who got up smithing was so they could provide more armors to their friends and the community to PK in. Crafting was for the glories, herblaw the super pots, etc. The end goal in everything in RSC was PKing.

However, now in RS2, skilling has evolved into a person E-penis boost of self confidence. The only reason to train now is because you're either OCD, bored at life, or you want an ego boost.

Stellactic.gif

The major role that skilling played in RSC was the role of aiding PKers. Skillers who got up smithing was so they could provide more armors to their friends and the community to PK in. Crafting was for the glories, herblaw the super pots, etc. The end goal in everything in RSC was PKing.

However, now in RS2, skilling has evolved into a person E-penis boost of self confidence. The only reason to train now is because you're either OCD, bored at life, or you want an ego boost.

Skilling was very similar in RSC, the only major chances I see are easier trading and skilling. If skilling had been only to aid pkin, we wouldn't have seen people powertraining skills after the "helpful barrier" (for example mining after 85+) or doing stuff like firemaking. The point was that people were doing it to gain money (where pkin was a helpful thing as it increased the demand) or to gain ranks. Currently the moneymaking aspect has dropped out with many skills (such as smithing) but the point is that still pkers benefit from skillers and visa versa.

signaturehoh.jpg