Old School! Post Your Pictures!

elucin8er

I miss duke freedom

'Rock Hard' boss pure - 60/60 Attack | 99/99 Range | 1/1 Defence | 44/44 Prayer | 99/99 Strength | 99/99 Mage - level 79 combat EOC

## '07 Server ## "Best Runescape update ever: Removing 6 years of updates."

Rock_Hard.png

"Warning: If you are reading this then this warning is for you. Every word you read of this useless fine print is another second off your life. Don't you have other things to do? Is your life so empty that you honestly can't think of a better way to spend these moments? Or are you so impressed with authority that you give respect and credence to all that claim it? Do you read everything you're supposed to read? Do you think every thing you're supposed to think? Buy what you're told to want? Get out of your apartment. Meet a member of the opposite sex. Stop the excessive shopping and masturbation. Quit your job. Start a fight. Prove you're alive. If you don't claim your humanity you will become a statistic. You have been warned- Tyler"

• Replies 417
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For those who remember him:

theoldnite.png

He used to be second overall after zezima right? Then he passed away, which is ironic because that guy in the pic is saying it :mellow:

That was back when there were only 3 Zezimas (I use his name synonymously with maxed players): Zezima, The Old Nite, and N0valyfe. Poor guy. He maxed his stats before construction came out. Then N0valyfe briefly overtook Zezima as number one for two weeks. Then hunter came out, and N0valyfe stopped playing and Zezima took the number one spot again, only to lose it forever when summoning came out.

2006, good times. Rares were stagnating alarmingly, Duke Freedom was in full operation, Leesters was still around, and Muggiwhplar wasn't banned yet.

2006 was the best... By far my favourite year in RuneScape.. And that screenshot is kind of creepy tbh o_O

Haha, yea, and theres lots of stuff going on in just 5 lines of chat. I also remember seeing Duke Freedom's bank picture, it was :shock:

omg, theoldnite! i remember him, he was a nice guy ...

Anyways. heres my contribution:

uloveme.png

Meepok.png

I had 3rd age back when it was considered junk. :P

ame6xc.jpg

Um no mask in the equipment screen but you're wearing one :blink:

I pretended to be a demon instead of a human back then. :P

Was the Tip.It Demon, good times.

So how does a Demon stop his mask from showing on the paper doll?

Myweponsgood.gif

Need assistance in any of these skills? PM me in game, my private chat is always ON

What ever did happen to Leesters? I remember him making the original archive of wisdom, and thinking to myself, that really should be a forum of it's own. Also remember him for his "bank of doubles" got 2 d chains ( when they were 15 mil each ) just for the withdraw convenience and look :P Never heard what happened to Duke Freedom also. I quit around that time so last I remember they were both in full force. Upon my return so many faces gone :(

Yep, leesters drunk messaged me about a month back... I haven't seen him since.

lalalasig2.png

Like I promised, here are some old pics :)

The one I like the most- me getting 85 lvl mining :)

85mining.jpg

The good old times when you could set bank on fire!

bankonfire.jpg

Dueling...

duelsheila10.jpg

I was very happy getting a mask set :) Unfortunately didn't get a party hat :( (though blue masks were the best back then, I don't understand why that changed to red)

masks.jpg

Here I snapped myself with a very famous guy back then- S A X

saxz.jpg

Ok, and finally a newer pic, I was even 11th on runecrafting highscores when it came out (for an hour maybe :))

runecrafting.jpg

Playing since February 2003

Ssamriga.png

Oh man, oldest pic from 2007, where kurppa17 (other char) gets 99 thieving.

"An Amateur practices until he can get it right. A Professional practices until he can't get it wrong."

nimetnbb.jpg

Quests just keep bringing me back to this game.

omg, theoldnite! i remember him, he was a nice guy ...

Anyways. heres my contribution:

uloveme.png

I have a picture of uloveme being killed by a swarm... I have LOTS of pictures but I'll try to only post a few... In this order, oldest to newest: Some of these are not quiet so "oldschool" but they are all from before the trade updates and the GE were added. Except the last one. It was taken after. I started playing in August of 2004.

Uloveme Killed by a swarm (oldschool players should recognize the name)

ulovemekilledbyswarm5kn.jpg

wootwoot1kj.jpg

stolenmodaccount8ba.png

85agility8wr.jpg

WOOOHOOO Rank 98 overall in ALL of Runescape!

rank98agility5tc.png

86agilitywithash1na.jpg

I was a forum mod for the official Runescape forums for 2 years.

goodmod9mh.png

natures5zx.png

murd8dj.png

cantrun3xo.png

peternotclevervj6.jpg

Me, Shaarit, Larryr (with the smaller cat)

findthereallarryr57wt.jpg

Shaarit, Me, larryr (in that order)

findthereallarryr20gp.jpg

89agilitytc5.png

congratsrsgodwx1.png

90agilitylc2.png

partyzq2.png

nurseoutfitoi9.png

Oh he meant THIS nurse outfit:

nursedb2.png

ash25fe4.png

mrscisroxaq0.jpg

whitephatgl5.png

whitephat2ak3.png

265million.png

kathycorkatx2sm9.png

Kathy Corkat doesn't make bank!

kathyring.png

byefolks.png

jonhmobbed.png

mrscajmodvc4.jpg

Call me Kat, or Kathy Corkat

I was around back when Clan Chats were released, but was too stupid back then to take any pictures... I do have the old RS help-book, though. I bought it, and then realized it didn't tell me anything I didn't already know. (Except what nats were, but that's a different story...)

a70c7.png

Apart from a boring old gem mining log of mine these are about the only really old pictures of mine to have surivived the 3 or 4 computers/HDD's i've been through in the meantime.

bewareofmef2.png

saxv.jpg

oroion.png

there are no stupid questions

just way too many inquisitive idiots

balance is scary to people who like things easy for them

Utopianflame.png

I have to say that I have really enjoyed reading this thread. All the old styles make me smile and reminisce when I first joined. Thank you all for posting what you have, I appreciate it.

A reflection is just a distorted reality held by glass and your mind.

optimizedbrokenmirrorpn.jpg

Wtf? I click on an old-school thread and I see mostly RS2 pictures. Either I'm getting really old or....I'm getting really old.

I lost most of my old pictures during a hard drive crash years ago. This account is 9 years old and it is definitely a step back in time to see some of these RSC pictures. Feels weird having been present for everything in this game's history; too bad few people respect that nowadays.

Metal fans, check out my band!

Poopingman.png

Still the King....

Wtf? I click on an old-school thread and I see mostly RS2 pictures. Either I'm getting really old or....I'm getting really old.

I lost most of my old pictures during a hard drive crash years ago. This account is 9 years old and it is definitely a step back in time to see some of these RSC pictures. Feels weird having been present for everything in this game's history; too bad few people respect that nowadays.

The fact that they opened up rsc again aswell changes it a bit since anyone who logged on rsc when it was open can now go in there if they want to.

Nobody can go back to the old rs2 so thats why most pictures are of it. :P

Well, to ones that started their game during RS2 period it does considered as old, since its like 6 years ago. Even though RSC is older, but whenever you start the game. thats when old school starts for you. Who knows maybe they will release another version of RS 5 years from now where you can play with virtual helmet. and then they will consider RS HD old school

a happy Runescaper

25tazyp.jpg

(seeing a low level in dragon back then Was AMAZiiNG)

21j1x8p.jpg

Broken Dragon Axe on Day it was released

x1yqyr.jpg

Just Got Ghost Robes!

2nlxtah.jpg

93 Slayer and still No CHAiiN

2aeyp2w.jpg

a1r3p4.jpg

The Start To 99 Cooking

imo2z6.jpg

When Construction Came Out And I Had Lots Of House PArtys.

zv4i68.jpg

When MegaSonic99 Got His First Whip!

wlzxcg.jpg

My House Is Pritty!

jts6j4.jpg

White Hair + Dragon Hally = White Party Hat

280kxac.jpg

This Was Like Seing ZEZiiMA

koolcookie0.png

Goals: 15m Slayer xp | 85 Herblore | 75+ All Stats | Chaotic Rapier | 125k/200k Tokens

riot.png

PC riot, good times:P

I never took pictures as a noob, my oldest pics are my DK and barrow loot pictures back when I was lvl 100 combat (way before summoning of course).

Retired

2146 overall - 136 combat - 6 skillcapes

Plus I think the whole teenage girl thing will end soon (hopefully), because my girlfriend is absolutely in love with him(she is 18), and im beginning to feel threatened by his [Justin Bieber] dashing looks.

280kxac.jpg

This Was Like Seing ZEZiiMA

ELVEMAGE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2egffxf.png

[hide]

Felix, je moeder.

Je moeder felix

Je vader, felix.

Felix, je oma.

Felix, je ongelofelijk gave pwnaze avatar B)

Felix, je moeder.

[/hide]

fishing_guild_intro.png

20aul4l.jpg

It feels like just yesterday that I could look at the fishing guild like this...

The top one is Fishing guild before tuesday, right?

Top = Before Tuesday.

Bottom = Before HD

Here's a few pictures I'm sure someone will like to look at;

These ones were not taken by me. I'm sure some of you might really like to see them though.

On a boat

boat12gm.png

Some rather old title pages.

rune4717vy.jpg

oldrs.png

systemmessage6ld.jpg

Cant remember if I took this one or not. It's the vine random, removed long ago. You had to stop moving on it, or else it would kill you.

vine0fv.jpg

And these ones are some of the oldest pictures that I took on this account:

When german worlds first came out. Pictures of the first posts made on their forums.

1page5postforums.png

Looks like I was standing on the wall.

standingonawall.png

Before that entire episode with switfswitch and their world switcher.

smeltingithink.png

An older option screen

optionsd.png

When fairy rings were released. I had no idea what that new spot on the minimap was. Also shows the old equipment page with the stats under your items.

minimap.png

The old herbs in order from guam to dwarf weed. The unidentified version of that herb was right above the id'd herb.

herbst.png

cheezysigtipit.png

High-alching that REALLY expensive item in my inventory looks more and more tempting with every beer I drink.

Almost gives me the same pleasure looking at these as it is looking at cartoons from the 1980s/1990s.

*sigh*

I feel lost in today's generation.