Old School! Post Your Pictures!

elucin8er

Wtf? I click on an old-school thread and I see mostly RS2 pictures. Either I'm getting really old or....I'm getting really old.

I lost most of my old pictures during a hard drive crash years ago. This account is 9 years old and it is definitely a step back in time to see some of these RSC pictures. Feels weird having been present for everything in this game's history; too bad few people respect that nowadays.

Almost gives me the same pleasure looking at these as it is looking at cartoons from the 1980s/1990s.

*sigh*

I feel lost in today's generation.

Haha it's all good but, times are changing but it's still a fun game. I mainly long for the old community.

jd4mfinalsmal0jp.gif

Proper Daily blogging including Starcraft 2!

Includes goal for 80+ all stats

• Replies 417
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just had to contribute as far as I could to this thread

Unfortunately I didn't take pictures at all during my RSC career (with the exception of less than 10 towards the end....)

As a result most of these here are just early RS2 pictures.

archerstorm.png

A great looking attack in a game of Castle Wars

whatever.png

Check out that score

queen1form.png

First day of KQ. No KB, no guides, only a release on the frontpage without any specifics

the1337slayer.png

Wow, I was actually in the top 2k slayers?

read.png

Rich...

strangeplant.png

Angel29az promptly getting owned by the first random I witnessed

Some pretty famous dudes below

cyrano74.png

s1acker.png

uncutangel.png

weyoun1.png

That's all for now :mellow:

6Ij0n.jpg

In real life MMO you don't get 99 smithing by making endless bronze daggers.

I have a whole bunch of RSC pictures(1496) that have survived past the 4-5 hard drive crashes and such that I've had.. Here's a few I ran into that I remember were "awesome" for me me back then :P

rune-0153.jpg

February 2004, I was probably higher when I hit 92 hp 2 months later, but no picture of that.

Hmm, just noticed a connection in a picture taken a while after that highscore one...

rune-0248.jpg

I think s/he wanted to see if I really should be above him/her in the highscores :o

rune-0147.jpg

Bs Arkan was a well known fella back then, I recall he was muted and ran around mercilessly killing people :)

He tried to jump me with a ranger + maging, I ended up 3 rounding him from almost full HP(he had 99 99 99 99 I was 80 70 99 90 or so)

\o/

DjMike.png

1thieving.png

Oldest pic I have. 99 thieving. And I still remember how d chain was such a big deal back then, especially when the character was level 80.

"An Amateur practices until he can get it right. A Professional practices until he can't get it wrong."

nimetnbb.jpg

Quests just keep bringing me back to this game.

RuneScape.jpg?t=1279136519

^Taken before May 2006, before the Varrock graphical update. Taken at level 68 Combat ^_^ I was a huge noob back then, still am now XD

By the way, does anyone have pictures of old looking Falador and Barbarian Village? I don't remember them anymore >_>

RIP RU_Insane. August 3rd, 2005 - November 11th, 2012.
RU_Insane.png

My Stats on Old School RuneScape: 

RU_Insane.png
O4zgH.png
Reform Customer Support
Check Out My Threads UNRoA.gif

Wtf? I click on an old-school thread and I see mostly RS2 pictures. Either I'm getting really old or....I'm getting really old.

I lost most of my old pictures during a hard drive crash years ago. This account is 9 years old and it is definitely a step back in time to see some of these RSC pictures. Feels weird having been present for everything in this game's history; too bad few people respect that nowadays.

The fact that they opened up rsc again aswell changes it a bit since anyone who logged on rsc when it was open can now go in there if they want to.

Nobody can go back to the old rs2 so thats why most pictures are of it. :P

Jagex should make a server of RS in like 2004 (but with a solution to macroers) :mrgreen:

dumb.png

archsupportei2.png

The fact that they opened up rsc again aswell changes it a bit since anyone who logged on rsc when it was open can now go in there if they want to.

Nobody can go back to the old rs2 so thats why most pictures are of it. :P

Jagex should make a server of RS in like 2004 (but with a solution to macroers) :mrgreen:

I agree. :P Maybe have like 2 servers with it like RSC does and open it to new members every 6 months.

I once was ranked 991 in magic, too bad i have no pictures of that.

I actually have no old skool pictures :(

So here's the oldest one i found:

1500skilltotal.jpg

jupjup.png[~Visit my Slayer Blog~]jup.png

rvedit2.png

Being happy doesn't mean that everything is perfect. It means that you've decided to look beyond the imperfections.~unknown~

it's strange to see post clan-chat pictures posted as old school lol, time flies eh

part of a bank pic with old herbs lol

bank3wo8.jpg

I knew a lot of people who scammed using the old herbs. <_<

Heres my collection of old stuff. Sadly this is all I have left from my RSC flicks :[

bugfix.jpg

Bug Fix Box

chea.png

A VERY VERY aged stat picture haha

262daysago.jpg

Recovered my account after 262 days of inactivity haha

crazywizard.jpg

An old picture edit I did forever ago

rsckthx.png

Flick of my Cranador map and Bluerite sword. Still have my Cranador map too, although I think I misplaced my bluerite sword double.

screenshot76i.jpg

Oldest picture of my account I have. Hence the date on the client reads '03, Strangely enough I took that screenshot on my birthday haha. Pretty its because someone traded my Santa for their Party Hat that day.

59769594.png

A flick of myself, my brother, and our best RSC mate

made0f12une.png

^^ClicK^^

"I backed my car into a cop car the other day

Well he just drove off sometimes life's ok

Alright already we'll all float on

Alright don't worry we'll all float on" - Isaac Brock

Days Hunting:4 - Kingly Imps Caught:2

Money Earned: 4.5-5m

• 2 weeks later...

I need to find out how to get files off my broken laptop, I have hundreds on there... :/

Assuming the hard drive is still fine, you can buy a SATA/IDE to USB adapter on Ebay for cheap and connect it to a working computer.

Loving these pictures. I may end up putting some here sometime.

:-). Well here comes mine, again you may have seen some but it doesn't stop me from posting them up again.

-

Again, my best friend Alex.

momowof2002.jpg

Some random post about a dictionary, thought it was hilarious.

eghdh.png

Best friend Alex again, I won this fight honest I did.. I still have the very same client also!

pktrip31.jpg

Lost my scythe and couldn't get it back.. I had contacted Jagex so many times about it and nothing can be done to revive it.

thebunny2003.jpg

Ss. Ardougne. Well, however you spell it :-P always spelt it as "Ardgourne".. Easier to say imo.

14803795.jpg

Firemake Firemake Ooh Fire firemakin'. Was one of my favorite skills including Smithing.

fming.jpg

Oldfield Buny and I.. Waiting for the R.B's to respawn. Took Picture out of pure boredom. Don't we look cute?

goodiez.png

Medusa Bunny and I, we look sort of like twins.. Reindeer skeletons = New slayer monster probably? :-P

ladyemed.jpg

Now if I can get my usb I can find a random picture I had taken two weeks after hunter was released.. Will post it soon :-P

Queen of Classic

2igeq9e.jpg

Here's a selection from my pictures folder. Some of them are taken by other people, though; I just saved 'm cause I thought they were cool.

bugfightarenahairball.gif

This quest used to be pretty hard, apparently :P

bugtalkingbear.png

Talking bears!

definitionbadwebsitered.png

The risks of a site update...

howtoendarelationship.png

reathingy.png

Back when pmods were sort of a new thing you'd get the craziest tells. I'm a thingy, people, you heard it here first.

jmodexmachina.png

J-Mod ex machina. Some guy was giving Bluerose crap over nothing and pow, Simon to the rescue.

oerggmountain.jpg

Oergg <3

rscsystemmessagefail3.png

rscsystemmessagefail1.png

I guess they were in a hurry there.

subliminaladvertising.png

Jagex, apple fanboys since RSC. Best thing about RS2 was probably the removal of those darn sleeping bags, haha.

thedevteamthinksofevery.jpg

Lovely example of a certain trope.

definitionbadwebsitered.png

The risks of a site update...

That has to be fake, everything was sooooooo much better back in 2007 before old pking was removed. Nobody complained back then in the golden age. [/sarcasm] :P

Nice pictures, did you really have to kill all those scorpions in the quest? O.O

bugfightarenahairball.gif

This quest used to be pretty hard, apparently :P

Had this happen during Witch's House quest. I tried to do as a lower level, and seeing as you have to beat all the forms in a row, couldn't lol. I like teled or died, then came back, tried to pic up a ball and it basically restarted with the first monster while the ones from last time remained. Got pretty crowded, rofl. :P

Idk if anyone knew oergg in real life i only new him from the internet but i think he still plays once in a while but i have to say one of the funniest pictures i have ever seen taken of a real life event featured "Oergg" i won't say his real name but when Al Sharpton visited Pittsburgh PA "Oergg" ran up and gave him a bear hug and he had pictures of it the look on Al Sharpton's face is classic so funny.

Idk if anyone knew oergg in real life i only new him from the internet but i think he still plays once in a while but i have to say one of the funniest pictures i have ever seen taken of a real life event featured "Oergg" i won't say his real name but when Al Sharpton visited Pittsburgh PA "Oergg" ran up and gave him a bear hug and he had pictures of it the look on Al Sharpton's face is classic so funny.