Non Combat Pest Controll Awards: Worth 'wasting' points on?

Taito2004

Does anyone actually purchase the non combat pest control awards? DO you think theyre worth 'wasting' points on? Which do you buy?

92/99 Fishing | 119/120 Combat | 92/99 Firemaking | 94/99 Fletching | 1878/1900 Total | 85/85 Slayer | 80/80 Prayer

5389_08e10c.png

7476_125ca6.png

herb rewards arent bad i hear.

the gloves are worthless

the robes are ok...they provide decent protect from all classes without any negative, so casting magic and ranging with them @ the same time is easily done with out any consequence.

other then that i never really noticed anything that good, the mace isnt a good mele weapon but it auto casts claws of guthix, but ive yet to need a god spell recently.

the herb pack are way worth it!!

i got 8 rannars from 3 diff packs along with other high level herbs, and because i was doing 30 sec games with affliction, 30mins to get 56k every 30mins, plus add on 27k from rewrds and you got alot of cash, so i think it well worth it

gizmo2k5.png

Yeah, I tend to stock up on Herb packs. I got a ton of Avantoes from them and once I hit 50 Herblore, those are going to the Vials.

Once I can afford to make Pest Control runs and I find a good world, I'll go back and start getting the packs again...

Now then... How far away am I from full Veracs...

f475e02ecc.png

don't worry, you are going to "hell" anyway. wanna race to see who gets there first?

Officially reached 100 Combat at 1:33PM EST, June 14, 2007

First Dragon Drop: Dragon Chain (Dust Devils) @ 10:48PM EST, July 14, 2008, lv113 combat

I sometimes get Herb packs, usually only Magic though.

[if you have ever attempted Alchemy by clapping your hands or

by drawing an array, copy and paste this into your signature.]

Fullmetal Alchemist, you will be missed. A great ending to a great series.

With farming, i get plenty of herbs. When you mine you can get whatever ore you want, not some pre-determined one. And from what my friends say the seeds are not that great.

So untill im maxed out, ill stick with combat exp.

aquasig2lc8.png

^^Click For Monster Hunting Blog (180M+ in drops)^^

herb rewards arent bad i hear.

the gloves are worthless

the robes are ok...they provide decent protect from all classes without any negative, so casting magic and ranging with them @ the same time is easily done with out any consequence.

other then that i never really noticed anything that good, the mace isnt a good mele weapon but it auto casts claws of guthix, but ive yet to need a god spell recently.

Usually pure mages around lvl 60+ that stake use it because it's a little faster thn clicking every second.

TETsig.jpeg

YOU! ATTEND TET EVENTS! CLICK HERE!

Well, I was happy when I discovered that the Guthix Mace had Claws of Guthix on the auto cast, because a year or so ago, I cancelled my members and got rid of alot of things, including my Guthix Staff.

I'm saving for the Mace so I can claw people once again.

ÃÆââ¬Å¡Ãâï(ÃÆââ¬Å¡Ãâú_o)/ÃÆââ¬Å¡Ãâï

doomdeathyz5.gif

Well, I was happy when I discovered that the Guthix Mace had Claws of Guthix on the auto cast, because a year or so ago, I cancelled my members and got rid of alot of things, including my Guthix Staff.

You can buy a new one by going to the Mage Bank in the wild and jumping in the pool. They cost about 125k though.

It depends. I have no use for the armors, so I dont get them, but others may want them. But in my opinion, 250k+ exp is better than a mace I'll end up dying with :-w

blackmbnaval,Mc%20Comix%20Yo.gif

Mc%20Comix%20Yo.gif

I've only gotten the Herb packs so far and the possibility of getting lots of good herbs is there but I think it was just my luck that I got mostly Toadflax :? . I've never seen ANY data on Seed packs or Ore packs. If anyone wants to post a bit about that that'd be helpful.

But as of now (with my 15 or so days left of membership) I'm rushing my way to get about 500 points to get 70 Magic (from 66) and 60 prayer (from 58). Which means only combat exp for me :D .

i bought the void top and bottom, becasuse, well, i felt like it :P

i like how they look, same reason i got alot of my items, i dont mind that i spent 500 points only 2 days work ::'

i haven't bought anything else so i cant really say

legends2.jpg

You can buy a new one by going to the Mage Bank in the wild and jumping in the pool. They cost about 125k though.

It depends. I have no use for the armors, so I dont get them, but others may want them. But in my opinion, 250k+ exp is better than a mace I'll end up dying with :-w

They actually cost 80k each.... :-w

either way I agree with the majority on this one. Herb packs and mace are good, otherwise I put everything on magic/prayer.

Does anyone actually purchase the non combat pest control awards? DO you think theyre worth 'wasting' points on? Which do you buy?

Sometimes I buy herbs, but very rarely. It was a good idea of Jagex, and for the people who do buy that stuff they should keep it...We can live with it, you don't have to buy it.

Rcty

The Herb packs give 6 different herbs per pack, in quantities of (I think) 1-2-2-3-3-4, or something like that. You get Herbs from Harralander, through Avantoe (including Toadflax) and some other herb above Avantoe that I can't identify yet, I think Kwuarm.

Off Topic: Still sober Taito?

f475e02ecc.png

don't worry, you are going to "hell" anyway. wanna race to see who gets there first?

Officially reached 100 Combat at 1:33PM EST, June 14, 2007

First Dragon Drop: Dragon Chain (Dust Devils) @ 10:48PM EST, July 14, 2008, lv113 combat

The mace really isn't worth it. Seriously take it from me when I got it not even 2 minutes after the update came out...it just stinks as a melee weapon. As well the mage boost is less than the guthix staff, but arguably it can autocast claws of guthix...yet seriously where would you need to autocast claws of guthix outside of the wilderness? Even then I wouldn't recommend taking the time it takes to get the mace to bring a useless weapon like that for pking...but it does look good though :P

Mine just stays in the bank. As for the void armor the stats really are nothing to brag about, but I guess if you like quasi-exotic armor to wear then go for it, but just don't bang your head on the wall afterwards...at least the use for it is better than say the gold addy quality armor from CW.

captain_poet.png

I was at PC when I saw this thread so I tested it;

With 80 points I got;

25 Harralander

24 Irits

15 Avantoe

21 Toadflax

21 Rannar

1 stack of 16 that I can't identify

I was actually really surprised, i'll definately be buying harb packs in the future =)

sig3gk6.png

iv tried the seed rewards a couple of times, theyre somewhat decent..

Zonhottie.png

Currently training all skills to or above 60.

Barrows drops: 87 runs done so far. Torag Platebody on 4th run. Guthan Chainskirt on 35th run. Dharok Helm on 45th run. Torag platelegs on 49th run. Ahrim Robeskirt on 86th run.

You can't buy melee xp.

You can make cash MUCH faster elsewhere.

Because both of those are true you should never buy anything but xp with your points.

Some people like the equipment.

Because that is true, those people should buy it with their points when they see fit.

Even if I were maxed in all stats I would probably STILL take the xp over the item rewards just for total xp. I just don't see the point of going after a smaller amount of cash than you can get elsewhere.

RahkUrWrld.png

PM me in game to use some skills of mine (glories/potions) free or to ask a question.

Fire Cape - 04/29/06 Lvl 104

RAHK's Pro PC Gear and Guide(clickable)

splash02tm6.jpg Tired of hack and slash? FPSers getting old? Give this game a try!

herb packs are quite nice, i beleive they give harralanders, ranarrs, toadflax, irit, and avantoe... or something like that.

siggiebw2.png

Noted raw mackerel drop... Wtfh?

Always buying: Watermelon seeds, 2K each. Strawberry seeds, 800 each. Contact Via PM on forums.