Analysis of the Mage Training Arena

The_Duck

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

could you post the total number of runes needed for full infinity, mage book and master wand? thanks is you do.

Full infinity and mage book needs:

8800 nats

10400 cosmics

4000 laws

If the master wand runes include all the other wands(because you need to upgrade them) then full infinity, mage book and master wand would need:

10800 natures

12800 cosmics

5000 laws

all skills 60 plus!! (50 summoning)

currently going for first 99, Firemaking in world 130 - grand exchange (west)

Timthegreat4.png

timthegreat4.png

Timthegreat4-Bomboy_55.gif

You might want to include that Infinity gloves are only needed if you want "full" infinity, because from my memory, they gives +5 to magic attack and defense. Final RFD gloves gies +6 magic attack and defense, along with melee and range defense.

Also, arhims top and bottom are better in magic attack and other defenses than infinity (although infinity hat has the same attack)

Still, 10/10

also, my graveyeard stratigy

Go in with a staff (earth, water + opposite runes, or mud staff)

bring A stack of natures, 1 blood, and one death rune (you get these randomly, and i dont drop them). and bring 4-12 lobsters or other food you can afford (i usually bring 8 sharks)

Never eat your bannanas, just find a place where the bone pile isnt that far from the storage can and go to work, i would get out once you at half hp and have no food left, because randoms can kill you once you walk out if your on low hp.

aquasig2lc8.png

^^Click For Monster Hunting Blog (180M+ in drops)^^

Wow man, awesome job on the guide.

My membership is running out in 7 days and I've already started clearing my bank of all P2P items and just doing some last minute leveling and cleanup so I won't be able to do this until I get members again which will be around christmas.

I never knew I could gain that much MAGIC XP and still make a PROFIT.

HOpe word doesn't get out or affinity robe set price lowers.

Looking for someone to teach me how to Armadyl farm - pm me

10,200th Person to Achieve 99 Magic on 1/10/08

Excellent guide!!!! Thankyou! Any tips for cosmics though? you didnt get deep into it. I'd be using mud staff and level 5 enchant. I'm not sure optional point/time strategies.

Once again i really liked the guide

does your name come from George RR Martin's Song of Ice and Fire? If so, i love it! I know..total spam.. phr33 b0mp pl0x

jfroggy

Excellent guide!!!! Thankyou! Any tips for cosmics though? you didnt get deep into it. I'd be using mud staff and level 5 enchant. I'm not sure optional point/time strategies.

Once again i really liked the guide

does your name come from George RR Martin's Song of Ice and Fire? If so, i love it! I know..total spam.. phr33 b0mp pl0x

Nope, nor nightwish.

From the wheel of time by Robert Jordan. Good book. read it =-)

Letting this thread die would be doing a disservice to the Tip.It community.

If you still feel like working on the guide, you could add tips for how to most efficiently do each of the four arenas. Only if you're still willing to put more work into it, though.

Every day I come to appreciate this great guide more and more. Thanks again for creating it, Duck.

chesssigtexttipitlt0.jpg

Stunning signature created by the one and only My Boggy.

Just like Columbus he gets murderous on purpose

• 1 month later...

lvl 4 enchant doesnt give 2 points anymore? same with dragon stone... im confused...

runeminermb1.gif

^^ click my sig for my lesser ranging guide ^^

jwrm22: 4816th > 99 cooking 100% f2p !1172 total! + 140mil in items.

i dont play anymore... i think rs is ruined

Shame I found your guide after I spent some time mage training. Still very useful especially your comparisons vrs other maging methods.

I recomend that bones to peaches spell is the first goal for anyone wanting to do alot of mage training - seems to make the graveyard piazz quicker and easier - heal eating peaches and also provides a very useful spell. I would be interested if this makes graveyard piazz more cost effective.

Always buying;

Seaweed @ 400ea

Green DHides @1500ea

Blue DHides @ 1800ea

Very nice, perhaps add a way how to get your points as fast as possible, as cheap as possible and how to get as much xp as possible? For example:

-Graveyard

Fastest way: Grab enough bones till you can fill your entire inventory with 1 cast asap. Deposit. When you reach 10, repeat but cast b2p if possible and eat to full health. Etc.

As cheap as possible: Same as the above

How to maximize your xp here: Don't train here.

Retired

2146 overall - 136 combat - 6 skillcapes

Plus I think the whole teenage girl thing will end soon (hopefully), because my girlfriend is absolutely in love with him(she is 18), and im beginning to feel threatened by his [Justin Bieber] dashing looks.