What do YOU go for? Money or skills?

mrmyk

What do you go for?  

198 members have voted

1. 1. What do you go for?

• Money
    • Skills

Skills are pointless. You will never make as much money chopping a tree as you would merchanting, or killing a boss monster.

IF one person did a skill for x ammount of time, and then killed boss monsters like kq, dag kings, etc or even barrowed for the same ammount of time. You would always come out on top with the non skill.

You only need levels in useless skills for quests and to do stuff that you just dont want to shell out a few gold to get done 10x faster.

Spend an hour fishing 200 shark or spend an hour making like 500k an hour and just buying 200.. hmmm i wonder.

or just mine rune and get 600k a hour?

Seriously... if you make 500k a hour merchanting, then I'm beating you with my skills :-k

I prefer skilling. Simply because it's stable and i gain a x amount of cash no matter what I do, unlike merchanting.

And I can't stand the idea that ppl are hording cash and gaining no xp at all while I'm gaining more (or somewhat close) than them by skilling AND getting xp at the same time =D>

The game is about the levels after all, not the cash... There is no quest that requires millions of gp's to do.. Only quests which require skills :o

Dead+Dude4.png

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Skills, skills, skills. The point of gathering money for me is to raise skills. The cash from some skilling is about the same as the cash from most merchanting so I prefer the bonus in xp form. The only reason I trade in rares is to keep my cash stable while I am out raising skills.

RahkUrWrld.png

PM me in game to use some skills of mine (glories/potions) free or to ask a question.

Fire Cape - 04/29/06 Lvl 104

RAHK's Pro PC Gear and Guide(clickable)

splash02tm6.jpg Tired of hack and slash? FPSers getting old? Give this game a try!

I'm trying to be going both for the money and the skills at the same time, but mostly of the time I think I go for the money :) .

lGxorje.png

Add me if you so wish: SwreeTak

Money..

Money is:

Fun

+

Money = Good Skills

Ex. If u have 100m, u buy Alot of raw lobs = high cooking..

ooh eeh ooh ahah, ting tang wallawallabingbang m8

Every coin I spend goes into skills now, hell if you get hacked and all you've gained all these years is money and rares what will you have when you get your account back? Nothing!

But with skills you can just grab the tool of your trade and start working again.

::'

calvinandhobbessigedite.png

me, i like both, skills earn you money, and money can earn you more money, but as said on the first page no hacker can take away skills

i was merching veracs last week and got to 5.5m, but i fsished 800 lobsters to get money to repair the barrows \'

I've been playing for 4 and a half years and until a few days ago my total cash stood at 170k, with not very many valuable items to add to the value of my bank, certainly I would have had a bank of no more value than a million. I think that speaks for itself that I value skills more than making money.

But skills can't buy the full infinity which I so desperately want right now - so I'm putting all my efforts into some nat crafting for the time being so I can earn a bit of the green stuff and get me something decent to wear!

~Ian

newsig4ty.jpg

Retired Tip It Moderator | Zybez Radio DJ - Listen Here

I enjoy skills not just because of the benefits of high levels, but because of the good conversation that comes from training skills. This can be anything from combat to farming. It's fun to pass the time by talking with other (mature, coherent) players while woodcutting, fishing, etc.

grammar2gr8dx.png

Chemchord.png

~Member of Legends' Guild~

skills... no hacker can take that away.

they could get you banned though...

hmmm i think i like both the same, cause skills make you money and money gets you skills, but im favouring skills

cursedtoastsignature.png

Come to #tip-it on Swift IRC, if you're cool

Skills are pointless. You will never make as much money chopping a tree as you would merchanting, or killing a boss monster.

IF one person did a skill for x ammount of time, and then killed boss monsters like kq, dag kings, etc or even barrowed for the same ammount of time. You would always come out on top with the non skill.

You only need levels in useless skills for quests and to do stuff that you just dont want to shell out a few gold to get done 10x faster.

Spend an hour fishing 200 shark or spend an hour making like 500k an hour and just buying 200.. hmmm i wonder.

I have NEVER heard of a lvl 3 kqing, going to dag kings, or barrows.

redbullsigortiz.jpg

I stink at merchanting, even though it sounds easy (which probably isn't) because it's just "buy low, sell high."

Therefore, I chose skills. But in some cases, money is what feeds the skills... it was a tough decision, but I still chose skills. (Skeewz.)

zBSYE.png

^ Blog.

Zh0c4.gif

Wow this is a paradox :-w

We make money to raise our skills

or

We raise our skills to make money

:ohnoes:

I put skills due to my status of being poor but decent skills... But @ other times i may have more money then necessary :anxious:.

skirtsigog1.jpg

Common sense isn't common.

drugtestlokisv5.png

Wealth is nice and all, but I'd rather be able to be self-reliant and independant in the big picture. Skills.

"300 programmers make their futile but glorious last stand against 1000000 angry players in The battle of Misthalin. They fight for honor, glory and new content sacrificing themselves so that their game may live on. This is Madness! This Is JAGEEEX!"