"Everyone is rich" a report about the inaccuracy..

Thus

i have max quest points, and have never used guthan or drag on any quest. Infact, I have never owned a barrows set (i have a few assorted bits from my own chest drops) or more than a dragon med helm. Personally, I like to spend my money on construction and herblore, hence why I dont have that much money.

As has been said before, there isn't a single quest guide which states that you have to have guthan or full drag to complete it.

curanir1.png

Best Barrows Chest: guth skirt, dh helm, dh axe, racks, gp (23/08/06); best tt reward: robin, guthix helm, guthix legs, nats, rune legs

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Wealth in this game is just a joke, so is the game more and more with every update. If this was still Classic it would be oh so much better. If there was ever something so deserving of the blame it would have to be bank notes because that caused mass alching whereas in classic money would not come into the game in such speeds.

deadforumslol.png

You usually don't need Guthans/Dragon armour for quest usually.

PS. That's not full dharoks, the helm is Verac's. :P

~Skate4u

(Woot first post.)

uh yeah first post lol

ontopic: u can do evrything without guthans or other high lvl things , as long as u have the expirience of doing it :mrgreen:

Making money is not as easy as some people claim. I myself have a preference for selling things in shops as opposed to merchanting. I have about 120K, which came from doing lots of different things but mainly from crafting and smithing. The most I've ever had is 200K+. I don't care if I don't have millions in my bank. I don't want a party hat or any rare item. All I want to do is to play RS and have fun. Simple! The gp is a bonus.

I helped on the Black Knight's Fortress Quest Guide. Stop messaging me in game! All I did was say BKs are lvl 33, not 31!

All skills to level 30!

um i blame being poor on LACK OF EFFORT

I recently met a lvl 50 at catherby who was fishing, I gave him like 100k if not less, thinking id only be asked for more later, he then asked whats a good way to make money for his lvl, i told him to collect herblore items. He went and did this. The next day he had almost 1mil. Almost 2 weeks later he is now lvl 70+ training with whip, and nearing full torags to go with it.

he worked. simple as that. IF you worked a little bit, youd get somewhere.

EVEN if you play only 1 hour a day, thats enough time to make 400k+ for most lower lvls if not more. So I think work is your answer.

Some of us arnt money addicts, sure I'd like some more money in my bank, I've never had over 850k and thats mostly because I like to train ALL my levels, right now I'm trying to get all my lvls over 30. And currently saving for obby cape + shield + whip.

I agree that money comes from work/risk (pk, dueling ect...) but some of us just dont have enough patience. I dont but hey, I treasure trial for money.

I agree with this. Money isn't everything. I train my skills and use money to train them, meaning I have around about 80k at the moment. I prefer to have higher levels rather than be considered "rich". It's these types of people who ruin the game.

657757fr7.png

SHH HUT YUH MUH. DERKHED.

Who cares how much money anyone has? Not me.

I do not have any rares and wouldnt buy one even if I had the money. If an item doesn't have any useful stats , it either gets sold or more likely just alched since I hate trying to sell things.

I am not super poor but by no means am I rich.

My bank usually has somewhere around 2mil in gps. Of course thats not counting things like prayer pots of all the runes I make. Best armor I have ever had is Torag which I got from a friend.

Level 102 and I use rune armor 99% of the time.

Barrows can be done wearing nothing but monk robes or initiate armor, even dags kings if done with a good group can be done with low lvl armor. All of the quests can be completed wearing nothing better than full rune.

Judging someone by the armor they wear or the amount of money they have is just plain dumb. Money is not that important in RS or IRL.

It is a game , most people play it to have fun. Which is the point of playing a game to begin with.

craigevil.png

Proud member of Affliction

Who cares how much money anyone has? Not me.

I do not have any rares and wouldnt buy one even if I had the money. If an item doesn't have any useful stats , it either gets sold or more likely just alched since I hate trying to sell things.

I am not super poor but by no means am I rich.

My bank usually has somewhere around 2mil in gps. Of course thats not counting things like prayer pots of all the runes I make. Best armor I have ever had is Torag which I got from a friend.

Level 102 and I use rune armor 99% of the time.

Barrows can be done wearing nothing but monk robes or initiate armor, even dags kings if done with a good group can be done with low lvl armor. All of the quests can be completed wearing nothing better than full rune.

Judging someone by the armor they wear or the amount of money they have is just plain dumb. Money is not that important in RS or IRL.

It is a game , most people play it to have fun. Which is the point of playing a game to begin with.

Well then, how do you live IRL? If you don't think it's that important, free irl money plx. -.- .. jk

anyways, I improvise f2p style whenever it comes to something challenging.

back to rs, i guess. it's been 4 months.

RSN:P H Osho <- gonna start on him soon, fresh.

I agree with about half the posters. GP is easy to make if you want to. At almost any level, you can make enough to afford stuff if you have a plan to do so. Just playing runescape isn't enough to make a lot of money. Having a plan works, such as, "I'm going to craft and high alch this, or this much." Or, "I'm going to merchant such and such an item."

Anybody can make a lot of money if they put their minds to it. If they want to, they can. If they want to play to have fun and find all of that boring, hats off to them.

Sure, some guides are set up that expect you to have a certain amount to do it, but you can always scale it down to what you have and try to survive on less. And usually you can.

At almost any level, you can make enough to afford stuff if you have a plan to do so.

A level-3 member can go to Seers village and start picking flax. They can sell 1k flax and make 100k. Ten 1k flax trips mean a 1m gp for a lvl-3. It's just that simple.

The problem is that no one wants to work for the buck these days. That's why there are so many scammers and beggers.

greatham.png

- Affliction - 100 Combat - 9/15/06

Merchant / Skiller

lolyr0.png

Full rune is fine in members but you should strive to get better things to make yourself as effective as possible.

LVL 65+ should all own a full rune set, full mystic Full green D.

Any one above lvl 65 with out those items should stop fighting and just keep working till they cna afford what they need, there is not alot in fighting if your just going to wear soem addy legs rune chain, and other pieces of junk.

People these days have no pride in what they wear. I would never walk around in a motely assortment of addy and rune it shows you cant be arsed to work and earn your armour.

I been playing since november and I bought my first rare (Santa) for 11.3m

People complaining about not having certain items hould shut the hell up and do all the money making ways till they can afford what they need realistically.

If any guide mentions something better than you can afford it should be obvious that you will have to substitute something inferior. If we go by your logic we would have to make a guide for the super-rich, very-rich, rich, almost rich, etc. because it wouldn't be fair for each group.

If you WANT to make cash but you CAN'T make cash that means you are doing it incorrectly. Using some skills you can make 300-500k an hour EASILY and merchanting runes is 500-600k+ an hour. The only reasons to be poor are ignorance (you know of Tip.it so that is not you), laziness, and/or apathy. Anything else is just an excuse/mistake.

RahkUrWrld.png

PM me in game to use some skills of mine (glories/potions) free or to ask a question.

Fire Cape - 04/29/06 Lvl 104

RAHK's Pro PC Gear and Guide(clickable)

splash02tm6.jpg Tired of hack and slash? FPSers getting old? Give this game a try!

Well I do own a party hat but I probablly do quests with the same items as you would. I don't see any problems in the guides, as they work for me as well, usually only using full rune, sharks/lobsters and prayer pots.

I'm cheap ^_^.

icecube7.jpeg

Well, I'm not exceptionally rich. (whole bank totals under 15m)

And I personally have never had problems with the quest guides. But with the other guides ... well if a fight caves guide tells you to bring full Guthan's, or two crystal bows, or a full inventory of super restores (and they will, too) then you have to understand. These things are costly undertakings, not for the weak of heart .. or those with holes in their pockets.

My greatest ambition is to kill every member of the human race.

crackersapparentlyiu8.png

However I am a realist and therefore know that I probably wont be able to.

idiotacyoa5.png

Lol! I'm As you will call "poor" Because I've never had mor e then 1.7M, Never worn barrows, Never weilded a whip, never worn any dragon, I use rune, a zerker, and a dscimmy. I am level 92 btw. I would kill for 15M. Then people say "Oh, i only have 30M or something. I Tell them that thats not "only" And then i say i've never had more then 1.7M, Guess what i get? "lol! Noob! MAke some money n00b or "Buy a mask n33b!"

Therefore people think they're poor before looking at me, No. Sorry.

Coandca5.png

99Defence.png99Hitpoints.png99Range.png99Attack.png99Strength.png

I have never seen a quest guide which states that you require Guthans or a cannon for that matter. Maybe sometimes it will say that a cannon might help, but that's a pretty fair statement I would say.

Our quest guides are always pitched at the average player. Sure some of the higher level minigame guides offer strategies in which you have to use Guthans but even then there are other strategies for players without. Besides which, if you really want to complain then complain to Jagex about the fact that they have introduced some minigames for higher level players (myself not included btw) but then if everything was accessible straight away then what would be the point in playing.

I have never had a problem with any of the guides here and I never had more than 2mil in the bank so I don't see the problem really.

iratebadger.png

Considering how incredibly simple it is to make gp, there's no reason to complain. If you don't have full guthan, save for it. I myself got to 85 fletching and 75 woodcutting for a reason... In all of the time I spent getting those 2 levels, I didn't make a whiny post such as this one... "We need poor people guides!" :-s

I occasionally chop magics, but most of the time I buy magic logs and bowstrings, then I mine my own essence and make my own natures, Then I alch magic longbows. I know it's not the fastest way to make money, but if I tried I could probably make 1.5mil a day just doing that.

It really isn't that hard to get 75 wc or 85 fletching, it just takes time, and if people aren't willing to take the time to get the levels to make money, then they probably aren't qualified to do the quest/challenge. It sounds harsh, I know, but it's true. ::'

x12.png

blackgoldrobesrv5.png

Yes I am a girl. No, I won't be your girlfriend. :oops:

Im not rich but certaintly know what its like to be poor altho im nearing rich kinda i have about 88 fishing and 91 cooking. Im saving for guthans and the reason im well probley gonna get it is a p mod frind of mine will make me furies if i get them the raw materials

planoboy93.png

Founder of C.E.T.