"Everyone is rich" a report about the inaccuracy..

Thus

...of guides

NOTE: this isnt a rant, an arguement, etc. This is just to tell you all about some thoughts that have troubled me in the 2.5 years i have been playing Runescape. ALso, this is NOT JUST FOR QUESTS!! This is also pertaining to skill guides.

How many of you start of your Runescape day walking to the bank and throwing on your full Guthans, Dragon, whatever? How many of you own a discontinued tradeable holiday item? it seems many of you reading this will say "i do" to at least one of these questions. That is perfectly fine; i have absolutely no objections.

the point i mean to convey is the way certain quest guides and skill guides are written. although they are informative, many are very inaccurate. most of the methods in these guides go along the lines of "throw on your full guthans" or "drink a sara brew" or even "set up a cannon". many people can abide by these rules, but many cant. i, myself, have played runescape for 2.5 years and still cant make any more than a wimpy 5 mil. ive seen some blogs stating "all i have is 25 mil". i would trade everything in my bank for 25 mil, although, of course, it would be quite a horrid trade.

the thing is, not everyone has full guthans or all those fancy things. there need to be quest guides for people who cant afford guthans, etc. instead of "put on your full guthans" why cant there be something like "bring 15 lobbies and a prayer pot".

that full dharok in my siggy will probably never be a reality to a player like me, as well as many other players out there. poor players need guides just for them.

thank you, and please dont flame :pray:

~Dark

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

yea, i want everyone to know that not everyone is rich. i had a level 104 yesterday ask me why i wear addy legs (i can't afford rune, and i usually just end up alching them eventually anyway), and when i told him i couldn't afford it, he asked how i could go on playing when i don't have gp in my bank. well, gp isn't everything (although i wish i would get my first dragon or barrows drop sometime), and that some people have luck and wealth pooring out the wazoo, whereas there are also people like me, level 95, 80k in the bank, with a max of 3.5 mil in the bank at a single point of time (around 9 months ago i owned a set of veracs, lets just say its gone now), who have never had a dragon or barrows drop (since the barrows were released, im at around a 70 run dry streak, no barrows items ever.. Its pathetic when people go around judging people by how rich they are. we need more guides for the rich, the not-so-rich, and those that are poor-as-dirt like me (i recently discovered a way to kill metal dragons with a much larger profit then using chaos runes, and its cheap to boot too). we peasents need guides too!

72 construction. Also a proud member of SODB

siggehkr2.png

As far as I can tell, there really isn't any guide that asks you to have guthans or sara brews when you don't have to have them.

For example... fight caves. This is probably what you're referring too... and the truth is, you're not going to do it without several million gold pieces of valuable equipment. Therefore, the most effective equipment and supplies happen to be guthan and sara brews. It could mention using veracs or blood blitz, but as both of these cost nearly as much if not more in the case of blood blitz, there's no point.

Guides are just suggestions. If you're rant is simply they don't have any suggestions for poor people, the truth is you're not going to be able to do fight caves with 2m of equipment and 50k of supplies. It's just not going to happen.

all i can say is with rather low skills one can make a ton of money. With the money ive accumulated over runescape. a total in actually gp at one time being like 5. something mil. i used only 1 real skill and i needed only lvl 5 to do it. this thing was pure ess and as soon as i made 300k i started merchanting them. within a week i had the amount stated so it really doesnt take a lot to make decent money

I may not be rich, or anywhere near it. But I will tell you this, being rich is much better, and will make you happier (at least in Runescape because you can buy anything).

Alas how I wish I was rich. The most I've made was 6m.

pyroqe6.jpg

Me doing staff.

At this point, I'm working on getting Guthans (FROM BARROWS) I will most likely NOT BUY it, if I get lucky (Doubt it) and get spear, I'm more than halfway there. All I'd need is helm and body and I'd have it. Mostly for free. Unless I get other barrow drops, sell them and buy the guthan armor.. I've gotten more money now than I used to (Thanks to barrows). I used to be "I'll never get a whip, I'm too poor, too lazy, cant' stay paying attention long enough to do this."

So I know where you're coming from with this. What he's trying to say everybody is that alot of guides these days are made only for those high level players. It IS possible for a bit lower levels to kill abby demons or dag kings or do barrows. But everyone stereotypes it as you have to be this level, and you NEED Guthans or sara brews. Not everyone can afford it. Make some guides for the lower levels, or the people who can't make enough money.

-Wolfy

Wolfy is Officially Retired.

I miss you all (Well, mostly my friends n stuff)

If you want to talk to me, send me a message, I check the boards daily. :D

PS. That's not full dharoks, the helm is Verac's.

(Woot first post.)

A little off on the first post?

And I always wondered why it had veracs helm.. just didn't quite get it..

Anyway, I have never seen a quest guide that needed full guthans or drag.

And for things like Abby demons or Dustdevils it says to use full guthans, but that is because that is the most effecient way. And because you don't have the stats to do either, it doesn't matter if you have guthans or not.

redbullsigortiz.jpg

um i blame being poor on LACK OF EFFORT

I recently met a lvl 50 at catherby who was fishing, I gave him like 100k if not less, thinking id only be asked for more later, he then asked whats a good way to make money for his lvl, i told him to collect herblore items. He went and did this. The next day he had almost 1mil. Almost 2 weeks later he is now lvl 70+ training with whip, and nearing full torags to go with it.

he worked. simple as that. IF you worked a little bit, youd get somewhere.

EVEN if you play only 1 hour a day, thats enough time to make 400k+ for most lower lvls if not more. So I think work is your answer.

Like everyone has said, its about efficiency in a majority of guides. The guides give the best ways to do it, and some times using common sense helps you get around some problems. Don't have sara brews and sharks? Try lobbies and p pots. Most of the time, especially on quests, it will work.

About being poor, it doesn't really matter. You don't need millions to have fun on Runescape. Sure it gives you all the luxeries, but I'm not uber rich and I still have fun on RS. I work for my cash, I save my money and buy some ice bursts. Its great fun for me. You don't need Guthans to enjoy Runescape. You can enjoy Runescape and do a majority of quests/activities with full rune and a dragon weapon. Nearly every quest can be achieved with that set up.

Mamong.png

336489.jpg

[Tip.It Mod][Retired][Add your Steam name here!]

I recently met a lvl 50 at catherby who was fishing, I gave him like 100k if not less, thinking id only be asked for more later, he then asked whats a good way to make money for his lvl, i told him to collect herblore items. He went and did this. The next day he had almost 1mil. Almost 2 weeks later he is now lvl 70+ training with whip, and nearing full torags to go with it.

EVEN if you play only 1 hour a day, thats enough time to make 400k+ for most lower lvls if not more. So I think work is your answer.

Some of us arnt money addicts, sure I'd like some more money in my bank, I've never had over 850k and thats mostly because I like to train ALL my levels, right now I'm trying to get all my lvls over 30. And currently saving for obby cape + shield + whip.

I agree that money comes from work/risk (pk, dueling ect...) but some of us just dont have enough patience. I dont but hey, I treasure trial for money.

addymwccape,Arkano5.gif

Arkano5.gif

That are my feelings exactly.

I think it can be very easy to make money in RS now. People go to world 2 to merchant for about an hour and come out with a million gp more. One thing I did realize was that money isn't everything in this game. You can lose all your money and items because of scammers, staking, or pk'ing, but you can never lose your stats.

I got scammed out of 5.3m and I realized that I lost a couple days worth of merchanting, but I still had my skills that I could use to get it all back.

greatham.png

- Affliction - 100 Combat - 9/15/06

Merchant / Skiller

lolyr0.png

Ugh... Don't complain, get off your rear ends, and work for some money, and you might actually be able to follow the guides.

SkullyTIF.jpeg

Thanks To: Everyone for the siggies, especially Kal for the Pixel.

Currently Playing: FIFA 07, NFS: Carbon, Morrowind and Dungeon Siege II.

PS. That's not full dharoks, the helm is Verac's.

(Woot first post.)

A little off on the first post?

And I always wondered why it had veracs helm.. just didn't quite get it..

Anyway, I have never seen a quest guide that needed full guthans or drag.

And for things like Abby demons or Dustdevils it says to use full guthans, but that is because that is the most effecient way. And because you don't have the stats to do either, it doesn't matter if you have guthans or not.

Err. You can't use Guthans on Dust Devils.. And If you try pm me first and I'll steal your spear. :)

mazurizi.png

all you need it more patience. guides that say *get out your full guthans* generally offer an alternative IF ones available. the bets money makers are full of risk (king dagganoths, staking, pking)

I'm not drunk! You wouldn't dare call me drunk if i was sober!

Mostly because it's the most efficiant way. You hear Guthans and can sub it for rune with B2P's ect. Theres no need writing the same thing for rich players, middle-class players and poor players. It's too much.

Signature3.gif

With so many trees in the city you could see the spring coming each day until a night of warm wind would bring it suddenly in one morning. Sometimes the heavy cold rains would beat it back so that it would seem that it would never come and that you were losing a season out of your life. But you knew that there would always be the spring as you knew the river would flow again after it was frozen. When the cold rains kept on and killed the spring, it was as though a young person had died for no reason. In those days though the spring always came finally but it was frightening that it had nearly failed.

Wow, thank you, Ive been saying that for the longest. I came back to members in late july with nothing but 44 rc, i made a load of nats and as you can see i have a rc lvl im rpoud of for now. i have whip. 5m. some,barrows, every skill bank suppies that are 20m in all. Problly 30m net worthand rising . making cash i rs is NOT HARD.

emerica40.png

I'm going to agree with everyone here and yell at you for being unable to make money. Even I, as an f2p player, am more than capable of making as much money as I feel I need, at any given time. I don't even have monsters to fight for drops, yet I can find a way. I managed to double 2 mil in a week just buying up coal and iron, and making them into steel bars, and selling for major profit. In my opinion, as a member, you should be capable of making immense amounts of money at any level, whether you pick flax, swap bowstrings, mine pure ess, or whatever. On p2p, there are money options for everyone.

Now stop whining here, get your wagon (yes, I said wagon on purpose, wagons the sweetest trolleys ever)over to rs, and start earning it.

On rs, time is directly related to money, you just have to work for it, and not sit around picking cabbage all day.

Unless you prefer leafy greens over lame, silly little shiny coins.

av.png

People just need to learn to share crabs.
I'd prefer my nether regions clear of diseases, thank you very much.
just turn off accept aids